Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,388 members, 7,812,147 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home (2912 Views)

Secret To Cooking Nigerian Party Jollof Rice / Surprising Ways To Enjoy Nigerian Jollof Rice / Gambia Beat Nigeria , Ghana And Senegal In Jollof Rice Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by Chopchopfine: 9:16am On Sep 07, 2022

Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by Chopchopfine: 9:21am On Sep 07, 2022
I used the following
1. Shombo
2. Tatashe
3. Fresh pepper
4. Onion
5. 1 sachet of tomato paste
6. Spices:
Thyme, curry, nutmeg, ginger, garlic and
bay leaf.
7. Vegetable oil and butter
8. Turkey
9. Seasoning cubes and Salt

Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by Chopchopfine: 9:23am On Sep 07, 2022
More pictures.

Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by Chopchopfine: 9:28am On Sep 07, 2022
If you have not been getting it right, one of the things you should know is this:
When making Jollof Rice, you don't need so much water in your stew.
Jollof Rice is made of spices, for me the major spice is Rosemary, Thyme, Curry, fresh ginger and garlic, nut meg and bay leaf.
Also, reduce your heat when making Jollof Rice. Before you bring in rice, make sure your water boils first .

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by Cypress042(m): 9:44am On Sep 07, 2022
You prepared this food for your family or for an occassion ?

If this food am seeing on screen you prepared it for your family, you will need to be interrogated like seriously.

How will you be eating this type of food in this harsh economy sad

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by Chopchopfine: 9:55am On Sep 07, 2022
My dear it's alot cheaper than you think.
If we are to have this Jollof Rice from an eatery, we will spend as much as N4500-N5000 for 2 plates. I have rice at home. All I bought was half kilo of turkey N1600, all the pepper and onion N600, spices N400 and I made it at home. It served us for 2 days.

S
Cypress042:

If this food am seeing on screen you prepared it for your family, you will need to be interrogated like seriously.

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by VeryWickedMan: 10:02am On Sep 07, 2022
Party?
OP you forgot to add the poison.

Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by Chopchopfine: 10:27am On Sep 07, 2022
Are okay. What poison are you talking about.
VeryWickedMan:
Party?
Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by VeryWickedMan: 10:37am On Sep 07, 2022
Chopchopfine:
Are okay. What poison are you talking about.

Real party food must come with small poison for the relatives we hate. Let's be real and tell ourselves the truth.
Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by Skibani99(m): 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2022
E go dey wickedly sweet..
I'll be preparing such dishes when i resume my kitchen duties..

1 Like

Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by nightfox01(m): 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Party?

Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by Chopchopfine: 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2022
You will enjoy it.
Skibani99:
E go dey wickedly sweet..
I'll be preparing such dishes when i resume my kitchen duties..
Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by LogicBomb8: 8:21pm On Sep 07, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

Real party food must come with small poison for the relatives we hate. Let's be real and tell ourselves the truth.
i was goin to say pepper, at least 5 grams
Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by Chopchopfine: 9:51am On Sep 10, 2022
It's a beautiful Saturday morning, you can make this Jollof rice at home. Lalasticlala
Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:53am On Sep 10, 2022
Cypress042:

Welcome back... grin
Guess who's here sir.. kiss
Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:54am On Sep 10, 2022
Chop where have ya been? cry
Been a long while.. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by Cypress042(m): 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Welcome back... grin Guess who's here sir.. kiss
Hope you enjoyed your ban grin
Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2022
Cypress042:
Hope you enjoyed your ban grin
How are you?
I got your mail..what's the issue sir..?
In a span of 2 weeks you sent 4 different messages..is all okay ?
Re: How To Make Party Jollof Rice @ Home by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 11, 2022
You are an Edo woman, I can hear it from your pidgin grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

South African Hunter Kills And Consumes A Young Leopard. / Plantain Chips Production / 10 Horrific Cases Of Historic Cannibalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.