Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,038 members, 7,863,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:24 AM

Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities (4175 Views)

Question Of The Day:- Are Nigerians Truly Religious Or Mere Pretenders? / 99.9% Of 9ja Xtian/muslim Are Religious Pretenders / Are Nigerians Truly Religious Or Mere Pretenders? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities by Sweetnecta: 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2011
@Alethea; Now give me the name of your Holy Spirit/Holy Ghost as you will give me the name of son God as Jesus and for his Title Messiah.

If you cant give me like that know that you have been worshiping Angel Gabriel all along as if worship Jesus is not bad enough.
Re: Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities by Sweetnecta: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2011
@Alethea; Can spirit not mean Angel?

Can spirit not mean Prophet sent by God?

Can spirit only mean 3rd in your Trinity God concept?
Re: Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities by tpia5: 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Tpia@: « #49 on: Today at 05:20:09 AM »Is Jesus the king of the Jews or not? Is he not the king that the christians yell 'every knee shall bow'? Is he not the king of kings as the christians say? if not on this earth, how many kings in heavens that Jesus is going to be their king?

i think you know how to read, sir. Find a bible, open it and stop waiting to be spoonfed answers.

anti Tpia@ e je jawo kuro ni nu apon tio yo.

if you're looking for the nler who goes by that moniker, you know where to find him or it.
Re: Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 15, 2011
^
stop arguing with these terrorist sympathizers.
Re: Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities by Sweetnecta: 12:56pm On Aug 16, 2011
@Tpia@: « #66 on: Yesterday at 07:37:16 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Yesterday at 05:26:59 PM
@Tpia@: « #49 on: Today at 05:20:09 AM »Is Jesus the king of the Jews or not? Is he not the king that the christians yell 'every knee shall bow'? Is he not the king of kings as the christians say? if not on this earth, how many kings in heavens that Jesus is going to be their king?

i think you know how to read, sir. Find a bible, open it and stop waiting to be spoonfed answers.[/Quote]Nothing in the Bible. Its meant for people like you.

[Quote]Quote
anti Tpia@ e je jawo kuro ni nu apon tio yo.

if you're looking for the nler who goes by that moniker, you know where to find him or it.[/Quote]I wonder why you bear an id very similar to some other person? This is either a pretender bent on confusing people. Carry on your deceitful game.

@frosbel (m) « #67 on: Yesterday at 07:57:39 PM »

[Quote]^
stop arguing with these terrorist sympathizers.[/Quote]You no dey carry last. Today i am a terrorist sympathizer? Who is that terrorist? Carry go, jor. You are really a strange man. You cant help yourself from doing evil.
Re: Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities by LagosShia: 1:16am On Aug 25, 2011
Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

[b]Luke 19:27

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.

Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”
Re: Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities by kodewrita(m): 7:44am On Aug 25, 2011
LagosShia:

Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

[b]Luke 19:27

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."
Those were pre-christian times and they were focused on creating a homeland for the israelites.

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.

Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

He was prophesying the persecution of people even by their family members because of christianity. Example: Honor killings of family members by muslims because the victims attempted conversion to christianity in pakistan & afghanistan.
Re: Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities by skies(m): 5:06pm On Nov 22, 2011
Na wa ooooo angry
Re: Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities by ShiaMuslim: 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2011
kodewrita:

Those were pre-christian times and they were focused on creating a homeland for the israelites.
they were blessed by the same Jehovah.and these verses are in your holy bible.

He was prophesying the persecution of people even by their family members because of christianity. Example: Honor killings of family members by muslims because the victims attempted conversion to christianity in pakistan & afghanistan.
sending his disciples to buy swords and one of them using a sword is no prophesy!

we are talking here of what is found in the scriptures and not the actions of christians or muslims.
Re: Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities by ShiaMuslim: 8:36pm On Nov 22, 2011
delete
Re: Violent Christians,"turn-the-cheek" Pretenders Burning London And Other Cities by Yooguyz: 12:32pm On Nov 20, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let's Put T. B Joshua's Doctrines To The Test! / Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? / 'ardi,' Oldest Human Ancestor, Unveiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.