Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake (42170 Views)

Crocodile And Snake Served At A Party In Ibadan (Photos, Video) / Four Days Without Meat, God Blessed Me With Monitor Lizard Meat (Photos) / See The Huge Monitor Lizard My Friends Trap Caught At Their Backyard.� (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 10:15am On Sep 08, 2022
Well, as the topic says this Is not a snake thread, so LALA back off! grin
But the procedures are almost the same thing as preparing Monitor Lizard/Aligator.

I am Corper currently serving in the Northern part of the country, I come from the West but I am liking it here already cool.
So yesterday as I was going out with two of my friends we saw a Fulani boy carrying a dead monitor Lizard (he killed it through the neck already) _ Attached below is a picture of the Meat. We asked him if it is for sale and he said yes, so after two mins of negotiations he agreed to sell it for us for 500 naira.
Well, I would gladly buy this for nothing less than 2k in lag.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 10:27am On Sep 08, 2022
Funny thing is, I don't even know how to cook what I bought, even though I have eaten it before once when I was a kid, my uncle bought it on his way to lag then. There was a woman selling Charcoal close to where we stood while negotiating with the Fulani boy, the woman helped in aiding our negotiations, she told the guy in Hausa that we are students and that the dude should not charge us much. After thanking the woman I asked her to tell me how to cook the stuff, I won't forget the looks on my friend's face when I asked that question, they are like guy you dey ment ni grin, you no sabi cook wetin you buy again? cheesy

The woman sha explained to me and coupled with my experience the last time I ate it, though that was a long time ago sha.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 10:31am On Sep 08, 2022
The first thing first is to cut the Head and the Tail according to the Woman.

10 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 10:35am On Sep 08, 2022
Then cut the belle wide open enough to remove everything inside, I mean everything. This is not a Goat or Cow that you will want to remain it's Kidney or Liver, Noo. You will see it's fat right there from the attached image, remove everything abeg. Wash it well with warm water and..

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 10:44am On Sep 08, 2022
Cut it into the pieces you like, then soak it in Hot water for about 15 minutes, you can as well decide to soak it like that as a whole then cut it later. The essence of soaking it in Hot water is to remove the skin, Remove all the Black skin entirely by using a Spoon or the back of a knife (To avoid peeling the meat with the skin), Don't soak it longer because the longer it stays in the Hot water, the softer it becomes and the meat will peel along the skin when peeling to remove the skin.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by mariahAngel(f): 10:46am On Sep 08, 2022
Hmmm! undecided
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 10:48am On Sep 08, 2022
Then after removing the entire skin you can now ready your Oil and fry pantongue.

It takes lesser time to fry just like Snake meat, compared to chicken or goat meat.

And the funny thing is the damn meat tastes more like a Turkey kiss
Men, you need to try this meat.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 10:49am On Sep 08, 2022
mariahAngel:
Hmmm! undecided

Trust me, you will like the end product, just wait for it.

3 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 08, 2022
This will not be delicious, most scally animals are tasteless

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 08, 2022
mariahAngel:
Hmmm! undecided
Mariah can you eat this?
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by mariahAngel(f): 10:51am On Sep 08, 2022
Rozross:
Mariah can you eat this?

As far as I know what it is, I can't eat it.

Can you?
0Plurse:

Trust me, you will like the end product, just wait for it.

Waiting... undecided

4 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

As far as I know what it is, I can't eat it.
Can you?
I can’t honestly.
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 10:53am On Sep 08, 2022
Frying the Meat is the easiest task here but I think I have missed a step, and that is you need to cook the meat first, just like you cook your normal chicken. Put salt, Maggi, Onions and whatever then cook for 15 to 20 minutes. And if you like just go fry am like that, I nor dey dia grin

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by mariahAngel(f): 10:53am On Sep 08, 2022
0Plurse:
Then after removing the entire skin you can now ready your Oil and fry pantongue.

It takes lesser time to fry just like Snake meat, compared to chicken or goat meat.

And the funny thing is the damn meat tastes more like a Turkey kiss
Men, you need to try this meat.

Ah! You even fried it. cheesy

24 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 10:55am On Sep 08, 2022
Rozross:
This will not be delicious, most scally animals are tasteless

Lols, says who?
This tastes good than Cow meat bros, I no know about goat meat sha.

28 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by mariahAngel(f): 10:56am On Sep 08, 2022
Rozross:
I can’t honestly.

Looking at how op fried it, maybe I can o. cheesy

34 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 10:57am On Sep 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

Ah! You even fried it. cheesy

Yes i fried it, I didn't plan to put everything inside soup. Man needs to have some fried and keep as back-up, this goes well with garri and cold water tongue

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 10:58am On Sep 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

Lols, That being said, wait for the end product.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Mrsoft3(m): 11:00am On Sep 08, 2022
Una go just dey eat every and anything, same thing I saw some people roasting and eating cat!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 11:00am On Sep 08, 2022
Then I followed it with Semo, don't mind the look of my Semo, i no fit do am pass like that grin.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 11:02am On Sep 08, 2022
Mrsoft3:
Una go just dey eat every and anything, the same thing I saw some people roasting and eating cat!

Cat bawo grin
Well, I don't think it is ideal to consume that but, every man with his take.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

Maybe I’ll eat this fried ones ooo, �.

6 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by mariahAngel(f): 11:03am On Sep 08, 2022
0Plurse:

Lols, That being said, wait for the end product.

Wow! You're not even done yet? And I'm already impressed. cheesy
I especially liked how you skinned it before cooking.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 11:04am On Sep 08, 2022
@mariahAngel & @Rozross Make una join me o

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by mariahAngel(f): 11:05am On Sep 08, 2022
Rozross:
Maybe I’ll eat this fried ones ooo, �.

Yeah. Just don't tell me what meat it is. cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 11:05am On Sep 08, 2022
Then finally, let me invite the Honorable Mr. LALASTICALALA.

5 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 08, 2022
0Plurse:
@mariahAngel & @Rozross Make una join me o
You really tried with it. I’ve changed my mind, I’m going to so eat what I’m seeing here �

5 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 11:06am On Sep 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

Wow! You're not even done yet? And I'm already impressed. cheesy
I especially liked how you skinned it before cooking.

Thanks, my next article may come on Snake meat. I will invite you cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by 0Plurse: 11:07am On Sep 08, 2022
Rozross:
You really tried with it. I’ve changed my mind, I’m going to so eat what I’m seeing here �

Lols, thanks cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by nightfox01(m): 2:45pm On Sep 08, 2022
OP you mean say u chop dis lizard

35 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by mariahAngel(f): 11:51am On Sep 09, 2022
0Plurse:

Thanks, my next article may come on Snake meat. I will invite you cheesy

OK. cheesy

Cc: Nlfpmod
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Lilsameey: 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2022
Nawaooo,
I would definitely try it one day, Lol. There's this particular vibe around reptiles that make them look disgusting

12 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS: A Young South-african Lady Display Her Nigerian Cooking Experience. / Nigerians Struggling Over Boxes Of Pepper At A Store In Canada (Video) / How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.