Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake (42171 Views)

Crocodile And Snake Served At A Party In Ibadan (Photos, Video) / Four Days Without Meat, God Blessed Me With Monitor Lizard Meat (Photos) / See The Huge Monitor Lizard My Friends Trap Caught At Their Backyard.� (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 1:25pm On Sep 09, 2022
Yuck!
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by CzarChris(m): 1:25pm On Sep 09, 2022
0Plurse:
Frying the Meat is the easiest task here but I think I have missed a step, and that is you need to cook the meat first, just like you cook your normal chicken. Put salt, Maggi, Onions and whatever then cook for 15 to 20 minutes. And if you like just go fry am like that, I nor dey dia grin
Uncle lala!!!

Well, I shouted when you fried it without any form of seasoning. Good you mentioned it here. But guy una dey eat things sha! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Michelle70(m): 1:26pm On Sep 09, 2022
nlfpmod.
U have done well.

U will be termed snake lord the second

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by ednut1(m): 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2022
God forbid
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by mcgodison2531(m): 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2022
Enjoy yourself as for me am not eating
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Kajaard: 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2022
0Plurse:

Lols, thanks cool

Nice one chief cool
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by etrouble: 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2022
True definition of poverty

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Ykc2(m): 1:31pm On Sep 09, 2022
I swear hunger dey naija I no go lie ,to even imagine say austrians go only take goat milk but dem no go chop the goat meat,ponmo too cow leg,cow stomach dem no dey chop na we Africans here dey chop am

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Adrian9(m): 1:31pm On Sep 09, 2022
During world war 3 this recipe will be helpful! We have abundant agama lizards!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Kingsteve(m): 1:32pm On Sep 09, 2022
Disgusting at first, yummy looking at last!
cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by illicit(m): 1:32pm On Sep 09, 2022
Ykc2:
I swear hunger dey naija I no go lie ,to even imagine say austrians go only take goat milk but dem no go chop the goat meat,ponmo too cow leg,cow stomach dem no dey chop na we Africans here dey chop am

They are missing

4 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by omooba969(m): 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2022
Àwon onijekuje !

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Electrochemistry(m): 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2022
Shey beef, chicken and fish don finish for market no?
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by joowealth(m): 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2022
Omo, I no wan talk o o o ........... grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by rowland545(m): 1:35pm On Sep 09, 2022
0Plurse:
Then I followed it with Semo, don't mind the look of my Semo, i no fit do am pass like that grin.
slwait u follow I'm with semo and red oil...abi no b red oil I day see soo

Chai but y didn't u cook d meat...this life self
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by woky: 1:35pm On Sep 09, 2022
I never eat fish na snake and monitor lizard I go eat?
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by jacoik(m): 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2022
0Plurse:
Frying the Meat is the easiest task here but I think I have missed a step, and that is you need to cook the meat first, just like you cook your normal chicken. Put salt, Maggi, Onions and whatever then cook for 15 to 20 minutes. And if you like just go fry am like that, I nor dey dia grin
I swear guy, if you eat this meat alone without sending my own then I go know wetin cause it

3 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by SeriouslySense(m): 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2022
smiley, i tend to perceive it, dont know why. I want to understand why the irritation at the thought of eating such, though may be tasty.

Some people love to eat other meats, well its their taste i guess.

Just like some people are repulsed at eating snails, but i enjoy snails.

I think i hate the ideas of eating lizards, because they seem like shrewd creatures (seems the bible is influencing how i see them), and their skin is like something that is old and will fall off. Maybe this is why.

And the way lizard walks on its legs, makes the meat seem irritating to me.
Lilsameey:
Nawaooo,
I would definitely try it one day, Lol. There's this particular vibe around reptiles that make them look disgusting

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by kmaster007: 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2022
Werey still fried am
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by DarlingtonC: 1:42pm On Sep 09, 2022
Rozross:
This will not be delicious, most scally animals are tasteless
Scaly animals actually taste better
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Ogchase33: 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2022
0Plurse:
Then I followed it with Semo, don't mind the look of my Semo, i no fit do am pass like that grin.
why you come eat one meat?

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 09, 2022
0Plurse:
Well, as the topic says this Is not a snake thread, so LALA back off! grin
But the procedures are almost the same thing as preparing Monitor Lizard/Aligator.

I am Corper currently serving in the Northern part of the country, I come from the West but I am liking it here already cool.
So yesterday as I was going out with two of my friends we saw a Fulani boy carrying a dead monitor Lizard (he killed it through the neck already) _ Attached below is a picture of the Meat. We asked him if it is for sale and he said yes, so after two mins of negotiations he agreed to sell it for us for 500 naira.
Well, I would gladly buy this for nothing less than 2k in lag.
500 omo. For which state abeg. Because for kaduna that thing pass 5h o
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by SeriouslySense(m): 1:45pm On Sep 09, 2022
That makes me want to vomit, their skin, but fish scales look good.

DarlingtonC:
Scaly animals actually taste better
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Jagermeister(m): 1:46pm On Sep 09, 2022
mariahAngel:

Looking at how op fried it, maybe I can o. cheesy
I had the same "tufiakwa" look on my face until I saw the "fried" picture... I'll take one piece of that for sure, all die na die

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Jemex003: 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2022
Rozross:
This will not be delicious, most scally animals are tasteless

Put onion’s and maggi well well then you will know they’re tasty.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Sonicroyel: 1:50pm On Sep 09, 2022
mariahAngel:

Looking at how op fried it, maybe I can o. cheesy

You change mind lol

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Adakintroy: 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2022
Lala na bushman. Native foul.

Most times he reminisce about his time in the village, how he use to hunt this thing down and make delicious snake pepper soup with mushrooms. Now he is too educated. B
What will people think of him. So he makes up for it like Behind his desk watching others act his beloved instinct. He honors them with front pages every time. He is one of them. They are tribes men. Fellow hunters. One day he knows he will leave the comfort of his fancy office back to the wild were his spirit will be let loose to hunt as it once did.

But until then...

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by jrusky(m): 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2022
Sorry you mean
Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Jagermeister(m): 1:52pm On Sep 09, 2022
SeriouslySense:
That makes me want to vomit, their skin, but fish scales look good.

Not it doesn't... Fish skin is just as nerving and repulsing, look closely.. It's just been plastered in your mind that way since childhood because it's fish and fish is a lot more conventional addition to meals than lizards or snakes, as we know..

4 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by mariahAngel(f): 1:55pm On Sep 09, 2022
Jagermeister:

I had the same "tufiakwa" look on my face until I saw the "fried" picture... I'll take one piece of that for sure, all die na die

At first, I was like hmmm? undecided, then I saw them fried, and I was like maybe I can. cheesy

Sonicroyel:

You change mind lol

Yeah. cheesy
Frying has a way of making things right.

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by Trilz(m): 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2022
This your semo self de vex on top plate cheesy

Anyways I do data entry jobs
Check my signature for more info thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Monitor Lizard/aligator And Snake by CurrentSamuel(m): 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2022
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS: A Young South-african Lady Display Her Nigerian Cooking Experience. / Nigerians Struggling Over Boxes Of Pepper At A Store In Canada (Video) / How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.