Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her (19960 Views)

Royal Mint Unveils Image Of First King Charles Coin Following Queen's Death / Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death / Buckingham Palace Ballroom Where President Trump Dined With The Queen(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by drmuchin: 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2022
Michelle70:
I had this same feeling when MJ died, probably because i was looking forward to more of his songs.
But this Queens death, i was just suppose to read the news and type RIP.

Queen wey co-ordinate Biafran War.
I m indifferent

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by noble2faith(m): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2022
Michelle70:
I wont blame u, Nigerians are not known to respect people.

If u cant respect ur own leaders and cant respect the death of Nigeria matyrs, how can u respect a british manarch?

Point of Correction! The Lost Jews of fictional Israel don't respect people.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Comeonline(m): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2022
Okk
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by BuyAndSellStuff: 2:24pm On Sep 09, 2022
Mattwillz:

lol u no well..no oofeense

Lol smiley
I say make I find small trouble

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by samuel19222(m): 2:27pm On Sep 09, 2022
Lilydore:
Foolish Queen. Rest in pieces.
d
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Michelle70(m): 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2022
drmuchin:

Queen wey co-ordinate Biafran War.
I m indifferent
how did she co-ordinate it?
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Basiljoe: 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2022
Not surprised. It's because of the mainstream media. They have this effect of turning any event to suit their narratives. They can make a hero look like a criminal and vice versa. Same tactics was used to paint our current President as a saint, where as the barawo was found dissappearIng oil sale receipts as far back as the 80's.

There's nothing worth celebrating about the British royal family.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by kingPhidel(m): 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2022
This shows how disrespectful you are to you your parents. Character doesn’t hide as it will manifest itself outside just like it did now.
You that is wise will someday rest too.
Lilydore:
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by timesup234: 2:36pm On Sep 09, 2022
Ayelala kill all nairaland.members mourning bastard and smelling queen. Shango strike madness on y'all
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 2:44pm On Sep 09, 2022
Lilydore:
Ho low ree buu ruu kuu ni eh.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Enceladus(m): 2:44pm On Sep 09, 2022
Acidosis:

What has she or any British person done to you?

You must be a gen-z. grin grin

What has British done to us? Chai.

This is what happens when history is not taught in schools. Teacher has taught you nonsense like Fela sang!

The source of all problem in this contraption called Nigeria is the British. Maybe go grab a book. A fatherless people would be a good start!
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by InvertedHammer: 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2022
Michelle70:
I had this same feeling when MJ died, probably because i was looking forward to more of his songs.
/

1. Because you are idle.
2. Because you refused to read her history.

/
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Bizibi(m): 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2022
The woman was 96 years old she is no immortal.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by detectivejones: 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2022
Deng!The variety of cold comment in threads about queen Eliza shows alot of us are very bitter souls in fancy wraps.(bodies)
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by SeunDAssLicker: 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2022
Michelle70:
I wont blame u, Nigerians are not known to respect people.

If u cant respect ur own leaders and cant respect the death of Nigeria matyrs, how can u respect a british manarch?

My friend keep quiet. Who send you eye service? What was her contribution to Nigeria and Africa at large if not evils?
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Omoluabi16(m): 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2022
etrange:
It's easy to connect with a musician whose music lifted your soul at a point. But regarding the queen, you're probably more struck by the fact that her death is a major event. Unless, of course, you've been directly or indirectly affected by something she did in the past, perhaps a special act of kindness or a policy she influenced. Just saying.
I think Nigerians will always subconsciously have a soft spot for England. Then again, it's like the closest home away from home for some Nigerians. I dare say 70% of Nigerians have someone there. What struck me is the longevity. Not every generation witnesses a 70year reign. Just like seeing the new millennia, or the date11-12-13. It's just euphoria that will fade off in a few days.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Veyyronn21: 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2022
Hypnotise:

Because she was a good role model and you connected to her person
Shut up
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Veyyronn21: 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2022
Hypnotise:

Because she was a good role model and you connected to her person
Shut up abeg
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Veyyronn21: 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2022
uvie66:
just the same if your mother does, somebody somewhere will say rest in pieces that she was thrash.

Shut up and check YouTube and read history, for your mind now, you get sense o
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Veyyronn21: 2:56pm On Sep 09, 2022
kingPhidel:
This shows how disrespectful you are to you your parents. Character doesn’t hide as it will manifest itself outside just like it did now.
You that is wise will someday rest too.
Shut up and ask your mom to teach you history, that’s if you didn’t get same sense like your mother
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by bepositive11: 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2022
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Onewazobia(m): 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2022
OyigboUpdate:
The one that turned black kids to animals?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4_Jo4YfbfY

This can't be true. Animation!
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Mattwillz: 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2022
BuyAndSellStuff:

Lol smiley I say make I find small trouble
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Eaglesence: 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2022
Michelle70:

You are human na. Im grieving her too. Didnt shed tears though. But as much as i know very little about her, i miss her already so much like say na she be dey pay my bills. Huh sad
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Onewazobia(m): 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2022
theophorus:

Children who are Raised to Hate others and Blame them for their Woes.

Love is never part of them becos Hatred becloud their Mind and Reasoning.

One can just pray that they truly find the Source of Love and Joy so that they can be saved FROM eternal damnation.

Injustice never breed love
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Eaglesence: 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2022
Heathrow44:
for me, I think is the fact I've heard that name since I was born, we av gotten used to the name queen Elizabeth for many yrs that its now shocking to hear of her passing on, she's stayed right thru it all for every person between ages of 14-55yrs has known this woman

Wow, that must be my reason too. Just had to console myself with the fact that nobody lives forever
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by GodsOwnMan: 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
RIP I am giving respect to the empire who civilised the whole Africa
if not for the British, slave trade, cannibalism, twin killings, human sacrifice, and running naked would have been the order of the day.

This is the lie they told you to justify their colonialism and evil against you. The sad thing is that you believe them. Which makes you a natural slave.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by bepositive11: 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2022
Michelle70:

You're putting her on a pedestal. You don't know and never knew who she was. You're sad about someone you barely knew.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Acidosis(m): 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2022
Enceladus:

You must be a gen-z. grin grin

What has British done to us? Chai.

This is what happens when history is not taught in schools. Teacher has taught you nonsense like Fela sang!

The source of all problem in this contraption called Nigeria is the British. Maybe go grab a book. A fatherless people would be a good start!

As far back as 1914, majority of the world's nations have been colonized. Most of the countries we run to in Europe and North America (Canada, U.S., Etc.) have colonial history. So??

She offended your forefathers? So what?? Didn't your ancestors unfairly maim and slay people within the Nigerian colony as well? Abi they did not kill "witches" and twins in Aba based on their limited knowledge at that time?

War and resource/economic dominance were the major policy instrument of those days so if your forefathers were beaten at their own game, that is absolutely nothing to cry over. That era is dead and it's forever dead.

Our gold was stolen by the Queen, who then shipped it to the UK.

Our funds were stolen by our very own Abacha and transported to the UK.

Today, we are now putting in a lot of effort to move to the UK so we can slave (work 2-3 jobs) and pay taxes to the Queen Mother.

What I see is a tactless people who have chosen blame game and irresponsibility as their official currency.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

This is the lie they told you to justify their colonialism and evil against you. The sad thing is that you believe them. Which makes you a natural slave.

there are historical facts to support it.

you guys think you are special, without the British, you will be nothing.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2022
Is her turn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

La Palma: Two New Fissures Bust As Lava Pours Into Sea( Pics, Video) / Melbourne Earthquake: Tremor Rattles Southeast Australia / China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.