Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Why Are We Upgrading Car Exterior To Newer Models - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are We Upgrading Car Exterior To Newer Models (909 Views)

Which Is More Stressful To Clean The Interior Or The Exterior Of A Car? / Toyota Sienna Newer Or Older Version / Is It Better To Buy A Old Car With Low Mileage Or A Newer One With High Mileage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are We Upgrading Car Exterior To Newer Models by baconline(m): 7:28am On Sep 09, 2022
There is a worrisome practice of upgrading cars to newer models now, my question is what is the point? Is it to make the car better ,look more expensive or what ? I don't really get it, there is no effort to upgrade the performance of the car , tune the power train etc. I think this should be discouraged as I have seen someone who bought the upgraded Lexus 470 as a Prado jeep without even knowing it's a 2005 lexus
Re: Why Are We Upgrading Car Exterior To Newer Models by mejai(m): 8:23am On Sep 09, 2022
Na greedy people. The other day, I overheard a car parts dealer telling someone (his customer) to upgrade his Honda whatever is around 1m.

Like u said, na nonsense aesthetics and when they tend to fall apart, it looks nasty.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are We Upgrading Car Exterior To Newer Models by obiekunie01: 8:48am On Sep 09, 2022
very very stupid practice.

and very dangerous too.

how do they balance the center of gravity of the car after replacing the original parts it came with which has been synchronized in the factory to suite the overall vehicular weight so as to be in tune with the center of gravity.

where VIO suppose chop them no dey see am - na to dey harass people for papers that's the only thing all of them sabi!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are We Upgrading Car Exterior To Newer Models by baconline(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2022
I think it just for show off nothing more, we think older cars are inferior
Re: Why Are We Upgrading Car Exterior To Newer Models by symbianDON(m): 9:26am On Sep 10, 2022
What's the problem here? If anyone buys an older model of a car and chooses to do a custom modification, how's that a problem?? Besides, baconline, modify the title of the thread; it's grammatically incorrect.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Upgrading Car Exterior To Newer Models by Conner44: 10:37am On Sep 10, 2022
In oyibo land, once you mod your vehicle both performance or aesthetics wise, the value of that particular vehicle drops sharply

But over here, once you see a modded vehicle for sale, the owner will be adding the costs of his mods to the selling price lol grin

Ask yourself, how many modded vehicles do you see being imported into this country? Highest is rims or cold air intake which won’t trigger a check engine light.

Nigerians and our matter self undecided
Re: Why Are We Upgrading Car Exterior To Newer Models by Foodie1(m): 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2022
I noticed that too, especially this particular model of prado

Re: Why Are We Upgrading Car Exterior To Newer Models by baconline(m): 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2022
symbianDON:
What's the problem here? If anyone buys an older model of a car and chooses to do a custom modification, how's that a problem?? Besides, baconline, modify the title of the thread; it's grammatically incorrect.
Thanks I just saw it now
Re: Why Are We Upgrading Car Exterior To Newer Models by QuoteJustOnce: 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2022
my question is if a lexus is modded to become a prado;
how would the user deal with the next vehicle registration documents?
existing custom papers etc?
Re: Why Are We Upgrading Car Exterior To Newer Models by Pootle: 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2022
one of the most dumb car trend in nigeria presently
Re: Why Are We Upgrading Car Exterior To Newer Models by Elsueno: 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2022
Most of the people who do that just have too much money with a sprinkle of ignorance & desire to show off grin

I think just moderate interior décor 4 a car is best.... but personally, even dat is chore to me.. though really cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Best Place To Buy A Second Hand Car In Nigeria / I Need A Competent Mechanic/ Electrician For My Hyundai Xg 30 / Check Out The Picture Of The New 2015 Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.