Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ (44813 Views)

Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" / Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death / Jeff Bezos Slam Professor Uju Anya For Wishing Elizabeth An ‘Excruciating’ Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Islie: 6:49pm On Sep 09, 2022
Twitter deletes Nigerian-born professor’s post wishing Queen Elizabeth II ‘excruciating’ death

Twitter has deleted the tweets by Uju Anya, a lecturer at the Carnegie Mellon University, USA, over her remarks regarding Queen Elizabeth II of England.

The microblogging site deleted the message hours after it was posted on Tuesday.

This tweet violated the Twitter rules,” the micro-blogging platform noted.

A few hours before the Queen’s death, Anya had criticised the late monarch in a series of tweets and wished her “excruciating pain”.

The Nigerian-born academic had accused the late monarch of sponsoring the “genocide” that led to her family being displaced.

“I heard the chief monarch of a thieving raping genocidal empire is finally dying. May her pain be excruciating,” the now-deleted tweets read in part.

Her tweets generated thousands of mixed reactions. While many people condemned her, others agreed with what she wrote.

Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon, was one of those who reacted to Anya’s tweets.

“This is someone supposedly working to make the world better? I don’t think so. Wow,” he tweeted.

Carnegie University, which also reacted to the development, had said although it believes in “free expression”, it does not condone the views expressed by the professor.

“We do not condone the offensive and objectionable messages posted by Uju Anya today on her personal social media account,” the post reads.

“Free expression is core to the mission of higher education, however, the views she shared absolutely do not represent the values of the institution nor the standards of discourse we seek to foster.”

Queen Elizabeth II died on Thursday. She was aged 96 and was the longest-serving British monarch at the time of her death.

https://www.thecable.ng/twitter-deletes-nigerian-born-professors-post-wishing-queen-elizabeth-ii-excruciating-death/amp

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by GodsOwnMan: 6:53pm On Sep 09, 2022
twitter is mad

256 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by NwaNimo1(m): 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2022

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Sergio103(m): 6:57pm On Sep 09, 2022
The message has been passed already.

That her single twit triggered many things from yesterday still counting

408 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2022
Sergio103:
The message has been passed already.

That her single twit triggered many things from yesterday still counting
You love the late Queen..don't you?.. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by heniford2: 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2022
Dem no delete it undecided still on review

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Beosten(m): 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2022
Free expression... Nothing is actually free in Freetown.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Beremx(f): 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2022
How many dem wan delete? The message has been passed already.

Ndi ara

153 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Sergio103(m): 7:42pm On Sep 09, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You love the late Queen..don't you?.. grin

I don't love somebody that made my ancestor see hell and is still causing the problem by the mirage unity she gave me with core northeners.

I only respect her!!

154 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2022
Sergio103:

I don't love somebody that made my ancestor see hell and is still causing the problem by the mirage unity she gave me with core northeners.

I only respect her!!
How did she make your ancestors see hell?

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Allison012: 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2022
This one na see finish

everybody don see the tweet finish na that time una know say sumtin dey happen for una platform.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Sergio103(m): 7:48pm On Sep 09, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

How did she make your ancestors see hell?

The role of British Under her watch to the newly emerged is there for us.

Moreover......I think Irish, Kenyans, Indians, South Africans, Scottish and many others can answer this your question very well cool

Their answer will be satisfactory

171 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by judithjam: 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2022
Its called hate speech when their beloved is involved

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Skyfornia(m): 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2022
I was indifferent when I first saw her tweet but with further highlights from many people around the world.. I celebrate Uju Anya. She is indeed a voice among many voiceless.. the world need more people like her. With this her little effort, she has made her mark in history.

196 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by naijapips04: 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2022
Imagine Trump tweeting that. If any conservative had tweeted that, they would have been deplatformed by now.

The mgbeke is in the USA servicing her slave masters. Africans sold their lands to these foreigners for alcohol and cigarettes. Africans were selling themselves as slaves way before they ever had any encounter with any European.

We are our own monsters.

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Winters23: 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2022
grin

free speech in the mud

democracy and free speech is wonderful only when it suites them

grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by inoki247: 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2022
I believe if I have beef with someone i will say it to the person's face....

And not wait till when he or she die before I come dey voice out when he or she can't hear nor reply me anymore Na Coward dey behave like that....

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by TheRealMalcolmX(m): 8:00pm On Sep 09, 2022
undecided

Delete it all you want......People have snapshots already and the message has been passed.........She said what she said.......

If there is an afterlife.......Let the Queen be judged according to her deeds.........

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by JohnieWalker12(m): 8:00pm On Sep 09, 2022
Omo the Evil Queen rape Nigeria and Africa at large. Even Ireland, India and Jamaica to mention a few

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by GamalNasser: 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2022
They should delete her account too

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by IamNat: 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2022
No matter what it is, wishing another human being an excruciating death is a no no for me.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by haconjy(m): 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2022
That woman called prof needs to be punished for saying such thing.

You accused queen because of Nigeria then leader stupidity. What would she had done?

I love Igbo so much in fact Igbo is my second home but that does not mean that Queen should be accused of Awolowo and others' greediness.

And why cant prof wish Buhari,
The then US President death, and many other influential presidents death only because of Biafra.

She should be sent back to Nigeria fast.

Respect that Queen. She is different from your gods in Africa here.

Don't mind my English, understand the point.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by frog12: 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2022
that woman JOB don go. they go SACK her grin grin grin

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by gulfer: 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2022
They have a lot to delete of Ireland tweeps' tweet, their own is nationwide happiness over the queen's death grin grin grin

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by lonecatt(m): 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2022
She has guts , not the type for ass lickers

49 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Biden Causes Stir After Ending Speech With ‘god Save The Queen’ / China Bans Muslim Officials From Observing Ramadan / Photos From The Terrorist Attacks On Radisson Blu Hotel, Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.