Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,184 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. (33903 Views)

Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends / Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" / Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by Letmehearword: 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2022
Simply means let's go easy on a fellow Nigerian, the rest of the world has their different views on this woman that died.
dfrost:

Is Jeff Bezos Yoruba? cheesy
Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by HarlequinLekex: 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2022
dfrost:

Exactly. Wishing someone a gruesome death is no-no.
He said his besides those shouting Uju upand down,the woman sef old na,freedom of speech
Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by dfrost: 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2022
IbileIfe:

Even for rapist who raped and murdered an innocent girl?

The scenarios have now been switched so fast?

Still I don't wish anyone such. I'm no judge.
Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by SavageResponse(m): 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2022
Eriokanmi:
And what would you say of the commonwealth nations? Free from Great Britain bondage? They're more enslaved than the francophone countries. Their so called foreign aids are Greek gifts. Visit those countries and compare with English speaking countries. You'd spot the difference.

Nigeria and other Anglophone countries do not go to the UK to take permission before going to war but you see Cameroon and rest of the Francophone countries, if a neighbouring country breaches their border they will run to France to ask for help in defending their own territorial integrity.

Before Cameroon and the other Francophone countries make a major policy change they will first send it to France for ratification.

Na which kind yeye independence be that one?! grin
Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by Freebills12: 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Tboy222:
Anya had said what she wants to say, and she had stood her ground even though the world had said nay. But she forgot that though she might be entitled to free speech, sooner or later that entitlement will become a breach. For even among her colleagues, co-workers and students, friends, church members and co-residents. They ill be some who'd sworn allegiance to the crown, and would have to return her greetings with a frown.

You accused the crown of pillaging your lands, but you forgot that road was pointed to them by your people very hands. You accuse them of ripping you dry, of stealing your children away till their mothers breasts ran dry. You accuse the crown of genocide, of rape, destruction and prejudice. You said they stole your very wealth, and lied to you that it's part of the commonwealth.

But your own leaders have done no better, instead they confine you more to iron bars and fetters, but you still blame the crown, after so many years since the tears of slavery have since drowned.

I hope you didn't write this by yourself, that you copied it. This is because your line of thought resembles that of a fool, sorry to sound like this. The fact that our leaders are looting our future does it grantee and justified what UK did to Africa? This woman said the obvious truth, though the manner he communicated it may not be the best, but this doesn't justify the crime UK did to Africa. I'm

2 Likes

Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by dfrost: 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2022
Letmehearword:
Simply means let's go easy on a fellow Nigerian, the rest of the world has their different views on this woman that died.

I agree with you albeit without the racial or tribal slurs.
Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by IbileIfe: 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2022
The Rape of Nubia
The Partition of Africa by the Imperialists

They held her eagle-spread on the slab
They were three hooded creatures
They had pale faces
But with blood shot eyes.
They stood over her like hyenas over their prey.
The first wore a cassock of stars and stripes with an emblem of a bald eagle
The second wore a yellow cassock with an emblem of a swastika
The third wore a cassock of red cross with an emblem of a crown.
She was like a helpless sheep in the hands of her shearers
They now held her in chains as they stripped her of her precious golden robes
They removed the precious stones in her golden robes.
Then they parted her thighs and took turns to dissect her womanhood
As she bled and shed copious fluid from her birth canal
They put their white chalice at the opening into her womb
They drained her precious fluid and filled their chalice.
They left her as she writhed in the agony of her vaginal mutilation
The first one drank some of her fluid from the chalice.

Read more in the The Chronicles of Zulu Tongolo
https://tongolo./
Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by prigoz(m): 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2022
Ndibunna:
That woman Uju Anya is everything toxic to the society. Very disgusting and distasteful statement from her. No sane parents would allow her child under such sadistic character.

Of course Queen Elizabeth was a great woman and her Sojourn to Africa no matter how we put it brought light to Africa. In law of life as you give something must be taken.

Well, So far most of the countries have gotten independence and now have her leaders what has changed? Or is it queen Elizabeth that is responsible for fantastic corruption in Africa or is it queen Elizabeth that is responsible for now bad health care and bad roads in Africa?

Our leaders and people freely and as I am currently writing are at various embassies to leave Africa?

What happened to those people we have been electing since independence?

Otoro Enwelo nne na nna gba gbue Uju Anya there....These are one of many characters that will be donating money to Nnamdi Kanu to be recruiting boys, terrorizing our people and destroying facilities over here all because she is a sad and demented human being.
Will you keep quiet, you better ask your parents especially your mum to show you your real father because no grown up igbo man will spew this trash you are doing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2022
Yorubanza:
so when is the right time? 10 years after her death? ...and she probably would have travelled to the UK to make the statement instead of the US where she lives and works, not so?

Ekuke
You are the Ekuke here.
Keep quiet someone was on her death bed and you think it's appropriate to have tweeted such common get lost.

1 Like

Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by Kirkman: 2:10pm On Sep 10, 2022
toprealman:
Drinks are free in Irish bars!
Those werey Irish people that are busy singing and dancing to "Lizzy in a box" . Very ment set of people grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by Someodds: 2:19pm On Sep 10, 2022
dfrost:

I tell you. No matter how she views the late Queen, there are some things that shouldn't be let out in the public.

Never.

Igbos don't worship humans.

2 Likes

Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by AngelicBeing: 2:25pm On Sep 10, 2022
Hmmmmmm
Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by goslowgoslow(m): 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2022
Ndibunna:
That woman Uju Anya is everything toxic to the society. Very disgusting and distasteful statement from her. No sane parents would allow her child under such sadistic character.

Of course Queen Elizabeth was a great woman and her Sojourn to Africa no matter how we put it brought light to Africa. In law of life as you give something must be taken.

Well, So far most of the countries have gotten independence and now have her leaders what has changed? Or is it queen Elizabeth that is responsible for fantastic corruption in Africa or is it queen Elizabeth that is responsible for now bad health care and bad roads in Africa?

Our leaders and people freely and as I am currently writing are at various embassies to leave Africa?

Otoro Enwelo nne na nna gba gbue Uju Anya there....These are one of many characters that will be donating money to Nnamdi Kanu to be recruiting boys, terrorizing our people and destroying facilities over here all because she is a sad and demented human being.
From the way you are ranting it is very obvious that you are myopic to what these people did to Africa, nobody is blaming them for the way our leaders steal or stole our resources but where are those stolen money kept? Is it not Europe England inclusive? They allowed it knowing fully they are stolen monies and used it to develop their economy. In this accpect your queen is guilty because she never spoke against it.
Go and read about apartheid in South Africa you will read and educate yourself about how your so called queen openly supported it through Margaret Thatcher and Roland Regan. How about our stolen artifacts? I can go on and on.....
Nevertheless the professor wouldn't have said such a thing openly but that is the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by goslowgoslow(m): 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2022
Ndibunna:

With the way you are raining insult on the woman it seems you are going be the next queen.
And you are doing exactly what you accused the woman of doing so what makes you better?

2 Likes

Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by cutesharon(f): 2:45pm On Sep 10, 2022
Best response. Same thing i have been telling people. Our own elected has done more to us than them. We need to move forward and rise above all these nonsense. There is also a place for diplomacy and respect when you want to be heard.
Ndibunna:

Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by Charly500(m): 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2022
In as much as we know there is freedom of speech, but we should always be guided in our utterances on certain matters.

I won't blame her school if they do let her go.
Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by uchennaq(m): 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Who cares, she said the right thing, and it makes sense. I see her as a gift from God, reminding them about their past.

It is not an accident, its like God used her, that the way i see it.

She has brought up the discuss, she has made an impact.

She has left a legacy, a legacy of speaking up. And it will grow, the fruits of truth, is liberty.

What is the right thing in what she said. Do you even know your history? Why is it that some people can't stop reasoning with their behind. You just open mouth WAAA!! She said the right. As a professional, she exhibited the height of stupidity and foolishness.
Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by uchennaq(m): 3:03pm On Sep 10, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

She is a goner. Her bigotry and hatred crossed the line. Even in Africa, we do not speak ill of the dead with such intolerable venomous hate.
They just tasted what Buhari has been tolerating before Buhari said enough is enough by banning twitter and speaking to them the language they understand.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Please go and sit down. Insensible people everywhere. We have criticized her, but what is the meaning of she is a gonner.
Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by uchennaq(m): 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2022
engrchykae:
under the Queen's supervision, colonialism and neocolonialism thrived.
For seventy years,she never revisited her stand on Africa.
This is an important moment in the history of the world.
Other bastards are watching carefully to see the opinion of the world on this matter.
If we condone it,we will see far worse demons in the new monarchy.

Why didn't you speak up when she was alive? Why didn't you carry gramophone and speak so that we will know that you are a patriotic Nigerian? Oga go and rest jareee. My own is these nonsense blacklash to a dead person is the height of foolishness.
Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2022
Fortune901:

These people need to get familiar with the word Tact and all its synonyms. Every decent person cringe at her tweet but to many of her kinsmen it's the right thing to do to a dying person.

Personally I think the queen had a lot of good to be comended for because she was new to the throne when she gave us independence, she wasn't there for almost all the one hundred years of colonization, she could have delayed or denied us our independence as at then. Also she wasn't responsible for the greed that led to the civil war which led to the death of millions, you don't expect not to record casualty in a war you started as if it's a tea party.
These people have once again proven that money and even education cannot buy class. Such crass statement has led to loss of lives and properties and can result in generational vendetta. Imagine how those grieving the loss of the Queen will feel. This woman would have probably been a village trader instead of a Professor if not for colonization. The igbo people probably won't have anything to do with Christianity and Catholic Church they celebrate so much too. Our own leaders here have done worst than colonization has ever done, you don't expect good without some bad in it.
Before you open your mouth to say that burning statement ask yourself "do I want to be right or do I want to be happy" that is wisdom.

Well said. Nothing to add

1 Like

Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by Headachetoigboh(f): 3:20pm On Sep 10, 2022
Ndibunna:

Queen Elizabeth is responsible for bad governance in Abia state.

All these children of chukwu okike abiama sef...lol

Your hatred for igbos runs so sooooo deep inside your soul. Thats why you will never be successful in life. Carry on

You answered Igbo name just to show u how derailed you are. You fake your name just to attack a tribe. Your death will be worst than that of a vulture

2 Likes

Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by rusher14: 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2022
SIRTee15:
If Uju Anya gets away lightly with such distasteful and inappropriate comment, then no African should complain when foreigners in eminent positions makes political incorrect statement about africa.

Trump was attacked for calling Buhari lifeless, Africa a shit hole and telling Americans from 3rd world nations to go back to their shit hole and develop it. His comments were deleted on twitter numerous times because it was deemed offensive to minorities.

Whether we like it or not, someone in the position of Uju cannot afford to make careless statement, she has a reputation to protect and has to be politically correct. She must learn to word her statement in non offensive manner.
That's the price for being a scholar in a top university, she should leave crude talks and unguarded comments on social media to commoners.

I agree africa has no business mourning the queen. Colonial Britain did horrible things to Africa but they left more than 60 yrs ago. We cannot continue to look for who to blame for our woes. The queen is not responsible the terrible state of the Nigeria, blame your useless leaders.

Change that to citizens.

It's not only the leaders that are useless.
Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by Lucifer1419: 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2022
Ndibunna:

Eghu who cares if you peep, peep well that's why hit you below the belt. Ndi ala IPOB.

Read all my post then you will fully realize that I don't care where you come from. I focus on my state.
. You can't gain anything from this night mare of tribalism, your leaders don't know tribe when they want to loots but see as you dey defend white man way no know if you're alive or not, this is the reason why they will continue to call us black monkeys, because we don't have love for each other, everything is all about insult hate and degrading of other blacks, may God heal us all, if we can't stand together as one then why can't they let the other party go there separate way, am hurt every time I login to naira land, no moment of joy or peace in us, is all about insult from one tribes to another, it's well with us all, the suffering no be only one tribe, na every body E go affect last last.

2 Likes

Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by Snowflames: 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2022
Ndibunna:

For some time you were making some good sense until the moment you justified a man raping a harmless girl simply because she had been helping her out and catering for her needs. I neither support nor encourage her statements (there were filled with so much hate and angst) but I will never extol the greed a plunderer cos, in your words, she "brought light to Africa."
Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by Diligence: 3:47pm On Sep 10, 2022
Jeff Bezoz is being dragged all over the world for defending the atrocities of QEliz....check it out...

You shall be remembered by what you did...

Someone said: "People may forget what you said or did, but they won't forget how you made them feel..." Maya Angelou
Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by Tochj(m): 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2022
Ndibunna:

I can bet, you are not Igbo
Forget your join join Igbo language
A woman hurt by an Actions and Inactions of a political dynasty who visited Terror on her family have every right to be Angry.
Some of our people can chose to forgive
But the late Queen contributed to the starvation suffered by infacts.

2 Likes

Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by SeriouslySense(m): 3:51pm On Sep 10, 2022
Lets agree to disagree. smiley smiley.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. She spoke well as far as i am concerned.

uchennaq:

What is the right thing in what she said. Do you even know your history? Why is it that some people can't stop reasoning with their behind. You just open mouth WAAA!! She said the right. As a professional, she exhibited the height of stupidity and foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by Grandemperor(m): 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2022
dfrost:

Exactly. Wishing someone a gruesome death is no-no.
I merely explained what she wrote and meant, for your clarification. In my statement, I did not support or condemn the lesbian. However, in your reply (sic), that's your belief, conscience and religion - purely Jesuit - turn the other cheek? I'm of the Judeo-Christian pursuit; and the Psalms do not condone and embrace enemies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by joefelin2345: 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2022
Beremx:
angry
And who told you that the Africans are genuinely mourning her Demise? You no know Africans oooo
Re: Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. by zumbigbo(m): 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2022
searchng4love:
I can't be discussing a chronic lesbi@n who abandoned her family for ......this

I won't be responding to mentions on her matter henceforth

Keep on searching for love.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uganda's President Museveni Spitting And Blowing Nose On TV (Video) / Israelis Kill Three Palestinian Militants As Violence Spirals (Pics) / Biden Mistakenly Calls Ukrainian People 'Iranian' in Address, Video Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.