Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help (3895 Views)

Broken Marriage, Please Advise me / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help / "I Am Tired Of Seeing My Husband's Hard Joystick Every Morning!" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Hadeynike001: 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2022
Good day family,please help me am tired of my marriage.my husband's life is being ruined by betting.He bet virtually every penny.
My husband started betting 5years ago.family,friends,pastor and myself had adviced him,he will look sober but at the end he will still go back to it.
He doesn't have a kobo in his account.He earn below 100k but I told him if we plan well with my own little salary we will achieve something good.we have 2kids.
He drop money for feeding whenever he like.He call different people begging for money to feed us after betting his salary away.I love my husband but I don't know how to help him.
I need your advice,please

2 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by feranmi143: 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2022
Yo fish, betting is often like mastubation, as far as you live, you must be addited to smt. i was addited to my device and i spend a lot when it come to the terms of ladies. your husband ain't an addit, it self disorder once you are in it, it really hard to get out. let him try this logic 1day on 1day off, 1day on 2day off, 1day on 3days off. make it a daily circle and lastly you need to work on your attitude towards him.

6 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Stallionhorse: 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2022
Leave the kids with him pack your things and come to my house. We can plan our future together I earn more than 100k and I don't do any betting my servings is almost 1m and I live alone in a 2bedroom flat..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by robinso01(m): 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2022
He is in the best position to help himself.

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2022
This betting issue again?

Sigh

6 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Kobojunkie: 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2022
Hadeynike001:
He doesn't have a kobo in his account.He earn below 100k but I told him if we plan well with my own little salary we will achieve something good.we have 2kids.
He drop money for feeding whenever he like.He call different people begging for money to feed us after betting his salary away.I love my husband but I don't know how to help him.
Do you have work of your own? If not, please find some way of bringing in money to your marriage rather than continuing to depend 100% on your husband please. undecided

If what your husband is struggling with is an addiction, I am afraid there isn't much you can do for him except maybe convince him to seek mental health therapy for treatment to what is mental illness. You can support him in his getting treatment with the love you have for him and maybe also make arrangements to see if he can drop feeding money before he bets the rest. undecided

P.s. Do not bother engaging in the typical fasting and praying rituals on his behalf as those only add undue stress to your own life. Spend that energy instead on working to provide for your family. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Fiscus105(m): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2022
Hadeynike001:
Good day family,please help me am tired of my marriage.my husband's life is being ruined by betting.He bet virtually every penny.
My husband started betting 5years ago.family,friends,pastor and myself had adviced him,he will look sober but at the end he will still go back to it.

Betting is an "addition", it takes grace of God to leave body.

Keep on praying for him sha.

Meanwhile, a reasonable husband will do every important things that house needed before commit his money to unnecessary

Feeding, school fees, house rent etc must come before, beer, girlfriends, betting etc.

That's how real men keep their marriages going......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Hadeynike001: 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Do you have work of your own? If not, please find some way of bringing in money to your marriage rather than continuing to depend 100% on your husband please. undecided

If what your husband is struggling with is an addiction, I am afraid there isn't much you can do for him except maybe convince him to seek mental health therapy for treatment to what is mental illness. You can support him in his getting treatment with the love you have for him and maybe also make arrangements to see if he can drop feeding money before he bets the rest. undecided

P.s. Do not bother engaging in the typical fasting and praying rituals on his behalf as those only add undue stress to your own life. Spend that energy instead on working to provide for your family. undecided
Thanks a lot,I will try this
Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Boogyman557: 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2022
Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Romanoff(f): 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2022
Fiscus105:

Betting is an "addition", it takes grace of God to leave body.

Keep on praying for him sha.

Meanwhile, a reasonable husband will do every important things that house needed before commit his money to unnecessary

Feeding, school fees, house rent etc must come before, beer, girlfriends, betting etc.

That's how real men keep their marriages going......

If it's the wife that has this kind of addiction, will you be asking him to keep on praying for his wife?

Unless that man hits rock bottom, he won't change.

If she can have an arrangement with the office so a percentage of his salary can be paid to her, it's an option. So at least, basic needs can be met in the house with the addition of her own earnings.

One time, one of my mum's tennant was owing her over a year's rent, she went to his office to report him, they put a direct debit on his salary account till my mum's money was complete.

7 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Fiscus105(m): 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Thre isn't much she can do physical, going by ur words, yet u still adviced her not to engage in spiritual.

If prayers are not working for u, does that mean it's not working for others?

5 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by ibechris(m): 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2022
Married man who is still gambling.

What then is his long term goals?

Madam,your husband is irresponsible and there is little or nothin u can do to help him because as u said, it has been five years.

Wetin your pastor and family members no fit solve...na wetin u still dey think about.

My only advice for women whose husbands are chronic gamblers is to leave the man.

Let him not use his own to destroy the family. Gamblers are irresponsibly irredeemable as the more u try to advice them,the more closer they go into debt to gamble more.

If u don't leave him,u will only be doing yourself. After all the Bible reproaches a man who can't cater for his family.

Good luck to u.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Fiscus105(m): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2022
Romanoff:

If it's the wife that has this kind of addiction, will you be asking him to keep on praying for his wife?

If she can have an arrangement with the office so a percentage of his salary can be paid to her, it's an option. So at least,basic needs can be met on the house with the addition of her own earning.

So I will advise the man to cut his wife to pieces abi.

Ok o, let her start cursing her husband ooo

......that's why u ladies find it hard to have stable and lasting relationship...

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Romanoff(f): 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2022
Fiscus105:

So I will advise the man to cut his wife to pieces abi.

Ok o let her start cursing her husband ooo

It's easy to tell a woman to keep on praying for a yeye partner but when na the woman be yeye partner, na to drive her comot.

7 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Kobojunkie: 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2022
Fiscus105:
Thre isn't much she can do physical, as u said, yet u still adviced her not to engage in spiritual.

If prayers are not working for u, does that mean it's not working for others?
Engage what in spiritual? undecided

This man is mentally ill and needs to develop mental discipline in order to overcome his own urges. He needs to get treatment. And the only one who can help him is himself. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Fiscus105(m): 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2022
Romanoff:

It's easy to tell a woman to keep on praying for a yeye partner but when na the woman be yeye partner, na to drive her comot.

As we have toxic guys on the forum, same way we have opposite in female version.

Anyway people do advice base on ugly and toxic experiences of their upbringing.
Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Romanoff(f): 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2022
Fiscus105:

As we have toxic guys on the forum, same way we have opposite in female version.

Anyway people do advice base on ugly and toxic experiences of their upbringing.

Or their healthy and realistic experiences as well.

People just don't like truth. Na sugar coated lies them dey prefer.

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:19pm On Sep 10, 2022
there is not much you can do as this is a disease and sadly, you have allowed it to sneak and settle into your life for way TOO LONG. as you are tired of this marriage, i suggest you take all the necessary steps to get out of this marriage and be merry with your children, while this man sort out his life. this is a sikc man that doesnt want to receive help, and instead wants to take you down with him in his sickness!

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by eyinjuege: 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2022
This betting of a thing has become a menace to the Nigerian society o
There seems to be one story or the other every week, about the problems this betting has caused in families

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by cavreek: 2:46pm On Sep 10, 2022
Anything addiction is like a plague that keeps drawing its victims closer until there's nothing left of them
Only a few have managed to escape its claws

2 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by GboyegaD(m): 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2022
Romanoff:

If she can have an arrangement with the office so a percentage of his salary can be paid to her, it's an option. So at least, basic needs can be met in the house with the addition of her own earnings.

One time, one of my mum's tennant was owing her over a year's rent, she went to his office to report him, they put a direct debit on his salary account till my mum's money was complete.

What kind of company does this? No court injunction, just someone coming to complain about a staff and ham, direct debit.

No reasonable company will remit the man's wage into his wife's account except he gives the order by updating his account information form.

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Romanoff(f): 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2022
GboyegaD:

What kind of company does this? No court injunction, just someone coming to complain about a staff and ham, direct debit.

No reasonable company will remit the man's wage into his wife's account except he gives the order by updating his account information form.

Well, I've seen it happen before. If the man still has any sense left, this is an option.

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by olasaad(f): 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2022
Persephone1:

Sigh

The new problem affecting marriages now adays.

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by BeardedMeat(m): 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2022
Persephone1:

Sigh
I read exactly same here last year.

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by terrezo2002(m): 4:45pm On Sep 10, 2022
Hadeynike001:
You can send his name to me. I am praying for men who have been caged by this demon of gambling. You can send his name to me via WhatsApp. I will be praying with him and he too can chat me up. 0901 663 3059

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Sep 10, 2022
terrezo2002:

You can send his name to me. I am praying for men who have been caged by this demon of gambling. You can send his name to me via WhatsApp. I will be praying with him and he too can chat me up. 0901 663 3059
Demon? So you means drugs can cure demons possessions? undecided

Ask since there is a drug that is known to cure addiction. undecided
Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by GboyegaD(m): 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2022
Romanoff:

Well, I've seen it happen before. If the man still has any sense left, this is an option.

He would be the one to make the move and not the wife.
Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Fiscus105(m): 5:49pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Demon? So you means drugs can cure demons possessions? undecided

Ask since there is a drug that is known to cure addiction. undecided

There is something they called, psychotherapy*.........not all additions that demon cause.

His problem/addition can easily be cured by psychotherapist, and for such therapy, he didn't need drugs.
Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Sep 10, 2022
Fiscus105:
There is something they called, psychotherapy*.........not all additions that demon cause.

His problem/addition can easily be cured by psychotherapist, and for such therapy, he didn't need drugs.
What addictions are verified as being caused by demons then? undecided

Easily be cured by therapy? Then OK... suggest to his wife where he can get this wonderful therapy that can cure him. undecided
Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Romanoff(f): 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2022
GboyegaD:

He would be the one to make the move and not the wife.

Okay.

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Fiscus105(m): 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What addictions are verified as being caused by demons then? undecided

Easily be cured by therapy? Then OK... suggest to his wife where he can get this wonderful therapy that can cure him. undecided

Let her go to government hospital near her, prefarebly federal hospital, she should ask for clinical psychologists thr

They will put her Tru.
Re: Am Tired Of My Marriage,please Help by Beremx(f): 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2022
The day your husband will bet and win millions ehn... grin grin grin
Anyway, get something doing so you don’t always depend on him. Leaving him because of betting might not be a good idea.
It is well with you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Point Out Where I Was Wrong? A Loose Loose Situation???? / My Husband Is Not The Biological Father Of My Child And He Doesn't Know / Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.