Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] (6439 Views)

What Could Be The Cause Of This On My Phone Screen / Does Small Generator Damage Your Phone's Battery? / Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by Zimri(m): 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
I came across a disturbing image on Twitter today about a phone explosion somehow killing a lady while keeping the phone under her pillow.
I was thinking that there should be more to it. Maybe murder was the case. The quantity of blood loss got me even more confused.

It was a Redmi 6A embarassed
Atheistandproud

https://twitter.com/Mdtalk16/status/1568274660403605504?t=vDqutBdbj71AJj2fwH8rxw&s=19

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by aycapri(m): 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2022
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by PlayerMeji: 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2022
She was murdered simple..

If the phone was under the pillow then the bed foam would have burnt and the the pillow turned into ashes.

The head would have been charred owning to the blast from the phone... A blast crater would have been formed on the bed...

Abeg, too much details they didn't touch in this their poorly scripted photo.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by blazingblender(m): 4:27pm On Sep 11, 2022
That wasn't murder ...
First of all the phone company should be called and this issue should be reported to them...
Cus you can be walking around with a mini bomb and expect to feel safe

5 Likes

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by Zimri(m): 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2022
PlayerMeji:

If the phone was under the pillow then the bed foam would have burnt and the the pillow turned into ashes.

The head would have been charred owning to the blast from the phone... A blast crater would have been formed on the bed...

Na wetin me sef dey reason... There should be more to it.

1 Like

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by blazingblender(m): 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2022
PlayerMeji:

baba that phone exploded ...
Look at the phone critically you will find out it exploded from the inside...
And we where not given a clearer picture to determine if the pillow was burnt or a blast on the bed...
8t could be burnt on one side but you ain't seeing that side

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by Zimri(m): 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2022
blazingblender:
baba that phone exploded ...
Look at the phone critically you will find out it exploded from the inside...
And we where not given a clearer picture to determine if the pillow was burnt or a blast on the bed...
8t could be burnt on one side but you ain't seeing that side

Omo but that blood plenty ooo. Ha! I feel sorry for the lady
Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by Jeffy1206(m): 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2022
Waiting for some company fans to come talk undecided embarassed
Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by Stallionhorse: 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2022
Omo! Indians sha.
Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by LienwaltAbel(m): 5:29pm On Sep 11, 2022
Rubbish. Na lie. Phone no it explode like that.
Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by cybriz82(m): 5:54pm On Sep 11, 2022
Look like a child duh...
Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by Bakrabas: 6:07pm On Sep 11, 2022
That's not an explosion, if you look keenly to the other side of the bed, look down to the floor, you'll realize that the blood on the floor came from her mouth or from a point where she might have been stabbed. At the point where her body is on the picture shows that either explosive materials is planted together with the phone or she's stabbed multiple times.

Secondly, it might be explosion but not from that phone if you look at the phone battery.

Thirdly, the phone might be used as well to haste the explosion, it might be one stick of dynamite.

Lastly, I'm not 100% believe that, this was an explosion if you look at the second side of bed, check on the floor to see cluster of blood that indicates that the blood is vomited

5 Likes

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by artworks1: 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2022
Zimri:
I came across a disturbing image on Twitter today about a phone explosion somehow killing a lady while keeping the phone under her pillow.
I was thinking that there should be more to it. Maybe murder was the case. The quantity of blood loss got more even more confused.

It was a Redmi 6A embarassed
Atheistandproud

https://twitter.com/Mdtalk16/status/1568274660403605504?t=vDqutBdbj71AJj2fwH8rxw&s=19

This was my Redmi 8A. It tripped off. In a bid to pull and check the battery. The next was explosion.
The smoke was highly toxic and can’t be inhaled for 30sec without it choking you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by SouthSouth1914: 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
artworks1:

This was my own redmi 8A. I mistakenly punctured the battery while trying to pull it out. The next was explosion.
The smoke was highly toxic and can’t be inhaled for 30sec without it choking you.

At least you were alive and your explanation does not in anyway relate to the situation. The crime scene does not justify that the explosion was caused by the phone!

Maybe something exploded taking the phone as well in its wake.

6 Likes

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by Opperwezen(m): 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2022
Definitely not due to a phone explosion, detectives are going to have a tough time trying to solve this.
Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by Freeko4: 6:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
� � �
Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2022
Which chemical is in fone's battery that can cause explosion? It would swell and burst at maximum
Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by artworks1: 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2022
SouthSouth1914:

At least you were alive and your explanation does not in anyway relate to the situation. The crime scene does not justify that the explosion was caused by the phone!

Maybe something exploded taking the phone as well in its wake.

My brother, I am speaking from a firing line of experience. Hers is Redmi 6A, while mine is Redmi 8- Coincidence??. Don’t try to be an investigator on this matter. Just abort it.

I experienced first hand EXPLOSION, prompting fire; right in front of me. What if I had my face close to the phone? Na water u go see??

I’m sending out a message for all and sundry to be careful, with not just phones, but all electronic gadgets. The flame that emanates from the battery could choke and kill you in 5mins-Not 20minutes.

12 Likes

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2022
This one na bomb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by SouthSouth1914: 7:40pm On Sep 11, 2022
artworks1:

My brother, I am speaking from a firing line of experience. Hers is Redmi 6A, while mine is Redmi 8- Coincidence??. Don’t try to be an investigator on this matter. Just abort it.

I experienced first hand EXPLOSION, prompting fire; right in front of me. What if I had my face close to the phone? Na water u go see??

I’m sending out a message for all and sundry to be careful, with not just phones, but all electronic gadgets. The flame that emanates from the battery could choke and kill you in 5mins-Not 20minutes.

Someone dying from burns and explosion are two different things! But someone dying from stabbing/knife related offenses are glaring. Look at the pool of blood, does that look like an explosion from a mobile device or you have suddenly gone blind?

To even put this case to bed is that the phone was hidden under a pillow which typically would have absorbed the effect of the explosion if we are go around that line!

8 Likes

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by LifeOfTrigga(m): 7:40pm On Sep 11, 2022
Bakrabas:
That's not an explosion, if you look keenly to the other side of the bed, look down to the floor, you'll realize that the blood on the floor came from her mouth or from a point where she might have been stabbed. At the point where her body is on the picture shows that either explosive materials is planted together with the phone or she's stabbed multiple times.

Secondly, it might be explosion but not from that phone if you look at the phone battery.

Thirdly, the phone might be used as well to haste the explosion, it might be one stick of dynamite.

Lastly, I'm not 100% believe that, this was an explosion if you look at the second side of bed, check on the floor to see cluster of blood that indicates that the blood is vomited

Exactly bro, it’s a murder case. How come the down of the bed is also stained with blood that way, even the drops too. She was been layed on the bed by someone as that’s not the sleeping position she would be if it’s explosion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by Tunex252(m): 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
Looking at the picture

I don't think a phone explosion can cause that much damage killing a human in that manner.

It could have been a murder where by the phone was used or something

1 Like

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by VladimirPutiin(m): 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2022
artworks1:

This was my own redmi 8A. I mistakenly punctured the battery while trying to pull it out. The next was explosion.

Are Redmi these bad ?
Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by KingAzubuike(f): 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2022
artworks1:

Lol xiaomi fan boys no go gree o

1 Like

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by Tunex252(m): 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2022
VladimirPutiin:

Are Redmi these bad ?
NO angry
Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by atheistandproud(m): 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2022
Phones can and do explode all the time actually. This is because Lithium ion/polymer batteries contain a lot of electrons which are flammable. If you put those electrons under enough stress that'll excite them such as under continuous current, heat or physical pressure, they find a way to forcefully come out of the container.

Whilst I usually find joy in writing about these things, the increasing concentration of idiots on Nairaland who lie in wait to divert attention from my posts towards my person has had me step on the brakes for a while. An idiot was telling me that I make posts for myself because I want to feel relevant as opposed to educating others. I digress.

Now to solve this riddle, one needs to understand how smartphone explosions occur. Smartphone explosion happen with a bang and usually cause blunt trauma. You can hardly find shrapnel flying out of a smartphone explosion. It almost never happens.

This wasn't caused by the phone:

1. If she had her pillow there, the pillow should have absolutely absorbed (some or most of) the impact of the explosion.

2. It looks like she was cut in an artery, because most of that blood looks really red and oxygenated. A small blast with blunt trauma would only affect the veins which are located proximally or in close proximity to the skin. Thus blood should be reddish black, not bright red. I have a degree in human physiology if anyone cares to know.

3. India. Indians are quite notorious for killing their spouses. Assuming it was late, where's her spouse? Why was he not on the bed with her? Why's it that her nephew is the one who discovered her?

4. A phone explosion is usually self-contained, the phone would bulge. That phone looks burnt from the outside. A burn is not an explosion.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by atheistandproud(m): 9:28pm On Sep 11, 2022
VladimirPutiin:

Are Redmi these bad ?

In 2016, the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 line began exploding all over the world. It was banned on airplanes, trains, conferences etc.

Is Samsung really this bad?

8 Likes

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by atheistandproud(m): 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2022
artworks1:

You punctured your battery! What did you expect? It is explicitly written on a battery that DO NOT PUNCTURE!!! To quote Hon Patrick, it is audible to the blind and visible to the deaf (pun intended).

As if that's not bad enough, you went on to inhale Lithium fumes that are toxic.

From disregarding a boldly stated warning to willfully inhaling a highly poisonous gas, I'm not sure that the lights are all on upstairs for you.

It's not a Redmi thing, look inwards.

10 Likes

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by Zimri(m): 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
atheistandproud:

In 2016, the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 line began exploding all over the world. It was banned on airplanes, trains, conferences etc.

Is Samsung really this bad?

Yeah, I wanted to bring Samsung's case into the picture. But I felt it isn't necessary.

Thanks for the response up there! I dare not quote it.
The blood loss is crazy and so I was concerned. Everything wan dey turn to Xiaomi/Redmi bashing grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by Gadafii: 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
Why the mattress no get signs of burn

2 Likes

Re: Can A Phone Explosion Cause A Damage This Much? [Graphic Photo] by atheistandproud(m): 9:36pm On Sep 11, 2022
Zimri:

Yeah, I wanted to bring Samsung's case into the picture. But I felt it isn't necessary.

Thanks for the response up there! I dare not quote it.
The blood loss is crazy and so I was concerned. Everything wan dey turn to Xiaomi/Redmi bashing grin

This is India, the land of crazies. Nigerians are crazy but not that crazy. We don't kill our spouses everytime we fancy a new one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here / Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? / Xiaomi Announces The Redmi Note 7 With 6GB RAM, Starting At N54,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.