Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Stop The Killing Of Farmers In Southern Taraba! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Stop The Killing Of Farmers In Southern Taraba! (425 Views)

Mass Killings In Southern Kaduna, Scores Buried, Many Flee (Disturbing Pix) / Jukun Militants Attack Farmers In Taraba (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Man Admits To The Killing Of His Girlfriend In London. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop The Killing Of Farmers In Southern Taraba! by SPLENDID25(m): 12:45am On Sep 12, 2022
I am writing this with pain in my heart. The Kuteb people of southern Taraba whose main source of livelihood is farming have been under constant attack by herders, and people are being murdered everyday, little, promising children stranded, turned to orphans if not killed. The Governor has denied that anything of such is happening, because of mare tribalism.
Security forces are doing nothing about it.
Is it a crime to farm in the our own land?
Is it a crime to be a Nigerian?
Is this what the President took an oath of office for?
Please endeavour to share!

1 Like

Re: Stop The Killing Of Farmers In Southern Taraba! by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 12, 2022
I wonder when killing would be put to a stop. People forget what goes around comes around.Greed, envy and pure wickedness is the through cause of killing.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Killing Of Farmers In Southern Taraba! by SPLENDID25(m): 12:58am On Sep 12, 2022
Tina00writer:
I wonder when killing would be put to a stop. People forget what goes around comes around.Greed, envy and pure wickedness is the through cause of killing.
Honestly, I don't know the type of leaders we have in Nigeria. Soldiers will only show up after the did has been done. To make it worse, where the perpetrators come from is known, but nothing. They killed a commanding officer last time, nothing was done.
Re: Stop The Killing Of Farmers In Southern Taraba! by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 12, 2022
SPLENDID25:
Honestly, I don't know the type of leaders we have in Nigeria. Soldiers will only show up after the did has been done. To make it worse, where the perpetrators come from is known, but nothing. They killed a commanding officer last time, nothing was done.

And they don't know what will befall them tomorrow, later they will accuse devil.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Killing Of Farmers In Southern Taraba! by narolinmoma: 2:36am On Sep 12, 2022
Alright
Re: Stop The Killing Of Farmers In Southern Taraba! by saladinnoir: 9:33am On Sep 12, 2022
SPLENDID25:
I am writing this with pain in my heart. The Kuteb people of southern Taraba whose main source of livelihood is farming have been under constant attack by herders, and people are being murdered everyday, little, promising children stranded, turned to orphans if not killed. The Governor has denied that anything of such is happening, because of mare tribalism.
Security forces are doing nothing about it.
Is it a crime to farm in the our own land?
Is it a crime to be a Nigerian?
Is this what the President took an oath of office for?
Please endeavour to share!

Information doesn't circulate in this country. A good percentage of our population is rural and semi rural so it's hard to hear their voices. Op can you please shed more light on the matter.
Re: Stop The Killing Of Farmers In Southern Taraba! by SPLENDID25(m): 1:48pm On Sep 12, 2022
saladinnoir:

Information doesn't circulate in this country. A good percentage of our population is rural and semi rural so it's hard to hear their voices. Op can you please shed more light on the matter.
Herders do invade the Kuteb communities in the southern part of Taraba State almost everyday. They attack the Kuteb farmers, kill them, render many homeless for reasons best known to them(herders). It's not as if they have a common boundary and fighting over its demarcation. The worst is, where all this is happening is Where Ada barracks housing the 93 battalion is situated in Takum Local Government Area of Taraba state. But no action is taken by the security forces, displaced persons are even prevent from entering into the barracks to seek refuge...Things are happening.
seun, mynd44, Dominique, please do the needful.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

12yrs Old Evil Child destroyed mother home / 53-year-old Woman Arrested For Giving Fake Employment To 23 Church Members / Affordable Price Echo Dot (4th Gen) | Smart Speaker With Clock And Twilight Blue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.