Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Moving On - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Moving On (294 Views)

Moving On #2 / Moving On With Life After Divorce. How Do You Cope? / Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving On by AirstarKane(f): 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2022
Hello Everyone,
I trust your day and week is going on well,

My question is how long does it take you to move on from a mistake or something regretful that hurts and haunts you.
This is because for me It drains me a lot and affects my whole being. I am a kind of person that attach emotions. Words can't really convey my thoughts or express it. However, for the past few months I have done somethings that I couldn't even fathom I did them.
People have spoken to me to move on so it doesn't affect what I have at hand or make it worse but this thought of you've missed opportunity and all drains me.
I am a Christian and this has strained my relationship with God and affecting me seriously. I have become so depressed despite having it all. I find it difficult to smile or anything. I pretend to be happy.

My brother has to say there's nothing wrong with me because alot of people would actually want to be on my position. I have this sense that if I missed out on doing something significant it hurts me and I keep on dwelling in the past. Since May this year, I have been acting opposite of who I am and I really do not know what to call it. Despite what it has caused, yet people are telling me to move on and with the life I have I can rewrite it as long as I am alive. I also do have dejavu feelings of oh this is what this should be . It's alot but then my question...

How long does it take you to kill thoughts of the past and move one? I have a lot at stake especially my studies but no motivation or zeal.
And I have just few months to complete my studies. My friends says it would be worse if I don't get myself together and do the needful

Please, what do I do as I am a graduate student with few month to round off my program. I have fear, panic and anxiety I have never felt this way to the point that I wouldn't want to wake up.
My mom says be grateful for what you have. I want to but the fact that I didn't do somethings which seem to align with how it's meant to be hurts and haunts me

Please I need just valid opinions especially motivation to complete what I started. Some people say this too will pass I know but mehn my mind no gree me o

This brings me to asking the question...how do you move on and how long does it take you to move on? How do you kick those harmful thoughts of oh you didn't achieve this or that?
Thank you as I'd be reading comments.
I just had to bring this here
Re: Moving On by anthonyuncle(m): 5:25pm On Sep 12, 2022
be grateful for what you have
Re: Moving On by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 12, 2022
What did you do?
Re: Moving On by GardenGreen: 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2022
Your mind's frame is the palaver. You need constance faith reassurance. Obviously your doubts level is extremely high hence your paranoia, constant stress, worry, sleeplessness
Re: Moving On by Helpout12345: 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2022
You make mistakes to get better or you learn from other people's bad experiences.

Life is not read in textbooks. Every great minds in history have made certain mistakes in their life.

Like a wise man sometimes ago said "If you have never made a mistake, you have never try anything important or tangible"

Mistakes is normal. Its only catastrophic if you learn nothing from the mistakes.
Re: Moving On by AirstarKane(f): 12:24am On Sep 13, 2022
GardenGreen:
Your mind's frame is the palaver. You need constance faith reassurance. Obviously your doubts level is extremely high hence your paranoia, constant stress, worry, sleeplessness
It wasn't like this when I was back home but these days is extremely and it making me lose a lot of things.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Their First Child After 18 Years Of Waiting(photos) / LG Xboom Ck 99 (wahala) Up For Grabs / Please Come To My Rescue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.