Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm (29103 Views)

Poll: And the winner is?

France: 7% (10 votes)
Nigeria: 92% (118 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Brazil: FIFA U-17 World Cup Quarter Finals (3 - 0) Live / Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs France: (3 - 5) On Pens In U-17 Women's World Cup 4th Oct 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by honeric01(m): 7:51pm On Aug 11, 2011
NIGERIA

Coach John Obuh had problems picking a full strength squad for the African championship, as so many Nigerian starlets already play outside of their country, with many clubs reluctant to allow them to compete. It was the case for his star player Ahmed Musa. He made it for just one game because of commitments at his Dutch club of VVV-Venlo. He will be available for the entire tournament in Colombia. But ultimately Obuh chose to keep faith with the team that won the continental crown in South Africa, naming mostly of them in the squad list. The team will be led by Ramon Azeez with the quartet of Sani Emmanuel, Kenneth Omeruo and Omoh Ojabu and Paul Dami of the 2009 Golden Eaglets (Nigeria U-17) also in the team. Players such as Kazim Yekini, Sani Tahir, Bright Ejike, and Chimezie Mbah have been called up for the first time.

Key players
Terna Suswam (defender), Ramon Azeez (midfielder), Ahmed Musa (forward), Uche Nwofor (forward), Sani Emmanuel (forward).

The numbers game

6 – The record number of times that Nigeria have won the African Youth Championship, which is three more times than any other nation. It is also the number of years since the Flying Eagles have lifted the trophy since winning the 2005 edition in Benin.

The flying eagles have under their belt 11 goals so far and have only conceded 2 goals (Croatia in group stage) and are likely to score more goals against the French lads if things go well for them.

FRANCE

Semi-finalists in Ukraine the previous year, France were determined to go all the way when they hosted the 2009/10 European Under-19 Championship finals. Proof of French intent came in the group phase, when they thrashed the Netherlands and Austria en route to topping the pool and booking their place at Colombia 2011 with plenty to spare. After disposing of Croatia in a tight semi-final, Les Bleuets renewed their old rivalry with a Spain team featuring many of the players that had inflicted a 4-0 defeat on them in the European U-17 final two years earlier. But despite falling behind in the first half, the steely French had their revenge when second-half goals from Gilles Sunu and Alexandre Lacazette swept them to a memorable win.

The future
Bolstered by that success, the European champions would appear to have every chance of securing the country’s second youth world title in what is only their fourth FIFA U-20 World Cup appearance. The undisputed leader of the French pack is playmaker Gael Kakuta, a star of Chelsea’s junior teams since 2007 and an increasingly familiar face in the first-team squad at Stamford Bridge. Attack-minded, gifted and well-drilled with it, this is a France side that enjoys their football, as Kukuta confirmed: “Everyone has fun in this team. The chemistry’s good on and off the pitch and that makes everything easier during games.” That blend of skill and team spirit could well prove a winning one in Colombia.
Facts and Figures

Key players
Timothee Kolodziejczak (defender), Gueida Fofana (midfielder), Antoine Griezmann (midfielder), Gael Kakuta (midfielder), Alexandre Lacazette (forward) Yannis Tafer (forward).

The numbers game
14 - The number of goals France scored in their five matches at the 2009/10 European Under-19 Championship finals.

Courtesy : FIFA

Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by honeric01(m): 8:22pm On Aug 11, 2011
Nigeria should be able to beat France hands down, though i am yet to watch this french side but with what our boys showed so far, they should be up to the task.

France beat Ecuador which to me are a stronger side than Nigeria (strength wise), but we are more "organized" and pacy than the Ecuadorians.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by rastaman20(m): 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2011
I have watched the two sides, French team cannt equal Nigeria side, even luck was on they side judging from the grupo opening game. they will beaten 4-1 at the opening game by colombian,a draw with koreans and win mailans.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2011
i havent watch france play before, they must be good for qualifying to the quaterfinal,
op;those two french players colour like aboki
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by rastaman20(m): 10:02pm On Aug 11, 2011
i am watching the game, this team cannt beat our boys. unless our boys dont take the game serious like what happened against England yesterday where we missed alot of scoring chances. Any , this is football, anything can happen.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Smi1(m): 10:14pm On Aug 11, 2011
Our boys are formidable, Nigeria will definitely make it through to the final
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 11, 2011
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
they will go through
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 11, 2011
most of our players are criminally overage. so i dont care if they win or lose.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by WebSurfer(m): 11:51pm On Aug 11, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Harzan(m): 12:06am On Aug 12, 2011
:oSeeing that pix, i FEAR UNDER 20!!! Hmmm, End shall neva wonder! They shall win sha! lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by odumchi: 12:22am On Aug 12, 2011
We have faced England, now France. Who's next Portugal? Nigeria is sweeping Western Europe!

They will have to be prepared since after beating France we will have to face either Portugal or Argentina then Spain or Brazil.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by SeunAero(m): 12:26am On Aug 12, 2011
I refuse 2count my chicks b4 d eggs are hatched, instead I'd rather wait till sunday and c if our flying eagles would fly over der french counterpart.

Knowing what dey played against England after they were leading with a lone goal.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by rastaman20(m): 1:02am On Aug 12, 2011
All odds are in our favour, we will scale through. Nigeria vs France. Argertine vs portugal.
If Nigera wins , I think that there will be meeting this grupo, i am not sure.

Mexico vs colombia, then Brazil vs spain, this are matchs to be watch.

For those that have a very good network. u can watch the game live on this website.

http://www.caracoltv.com/golcaracol

check your local time from the website, the match will take place on sat and sunday.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by ask4bk(m): 1:34am On Aug 12, 2011
I rememba one Oyibo guy that hit one Naija's "boy's" leg and began to cry. Im nack im papa leg. lol grin
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by femi4: 6:08am On Aug 12, 2011
odumchi:

We have faced England, now France. Who's next Portugal? Nigeria is sweeping Western Europe!

They will have to be prepared since after beating France we will have to face either Portugal or Argentina then Spain or Brazil.
If we beat France, we r meeting either Spain or Brazil in the semi final

rastaman20:

All odds are in our favour, we will scale through. Nigeria vs France. Argertine vs portugal.
If Nigera wins , I think that there will be meeting this grupo, i am not sure.

Mexico vs colombia, then Brazil vs spain, this are matchs to be watch.

For those that have a very good network. u can watch the game live on this website.

http://www.caracoltv.com/golcaracol

check your local time from the website, the match will take place on sat and sunday.
check this link for the semi final pairing http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/matches/index.html
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 12, 2011
ask4bk:

I rememba one Oyibo guy that hit one Naija's "boy's" leg and began to cry. Im nack im papa leg. lol grin

grin grin grin grin

Anyway, I keep my own fingers crossed till Sunday.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by hollandis(f): 8:02am On Aug 12, 2011
na that suswan i dey fear for
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Excllncy(m): 9:17am On Aug 12, 2011
Oh Africa my Africa. Is France now a black nation? Imagine our brothers playing against us from another continent. I'm just wondering anyway.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by blank(f): 9:35am On Aug 12, 2011
I think i can stay up to watch it at 9pm. Yawn.
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Ayoobscom(m): 9:57am On Aug 12, 2011
The french are physically fit with long balls not too worried if nigerian maintain their good pace and wings attacks they are going to score goals.

i'm a little worried about Suswan who easily gives up and Nwafor who is not really good at fetching chances where there's none.

then Muhammed Musa, played beter while fasting, they shouldn't make him eat again and overspeeding

Azeez and ajagun are most reliable anyway they all have to doubletask, someone other than ajagun should be taking corners, goodluck greenwhitegreen
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Syenite(m): 11:11am On Aug 12, 2011
honeric01:

Nigeria should be able to beat France hands down, though i am yet to watch this french side but with what our boys showed so far, they should be up to the task.

France beat Ecuador which to me are a stronger side than Nigeria (strength wise), but we are more "organized" and pacy than the Ecuadorians.

Hmmm, you've suddenly realised you are a Nigerian. Or have they started doing "the right thing and at the right time" as you've always stated?
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by RickyRoss1(m): 11:29am On Aug 12, 2011
rafhell:

Cowards like you talk from their ass. To a fool like you, every Nigerian football player is criminally over aged, all Nigerian politicians are corrupt and all Nigerian citizens are thieves and black monkeys, only YOU is a saint.

What evidence do you have to prove these lads are over aged when FIFA has new technology to verify the age of these boys? If indeed our boys are over aged then all the other African teams are over aged as well.

I love this country and hate to see animals like you talking shit about my people. If you dont like anything about our country please move to Somalia and we wont miss you
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by bollykay(m): 11:52am On Aug 12, 2011
naija team go everly be naija i.e Bleep up and unpredictable team. but i wish flying eagles to fly to their glory by 2-1 win over France. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Ojumiii(m): 11:57am On Aug 12, 2011

most you always complain,

even if Nigeria become world power tomorrow some of you still have some thing to complain of. na waoo
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by sleekymag(m): 3:35pm On Aug 12, 2011
Same time with Real Madrid vs. Barcelona, hmm, double clasico!
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by rastaman20(m): 3:47pm On Aug 12, 2011
Come and see the support this boys are  getting here, grin grin grin grin grin.You even think that we are the home base team.This lads have gotten the most suppoort more than the french team. There are liken to the two famous club here (America and Deportivo Cali), Because most of the players are black and where doing the state proud.
Our Players are feeling at home grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Comes Saturday, just watch out and u will see how our flag will be soaring so High. i have already got alot of Fans to support our boys.
just for them to wear anything shirt that have green colour on it,, luckly for me, The jersey of Deportivo Cail is green.Staduim go full with alot suporting Nigeria,
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Syenite(m): 3:48pm On Aug 12, 2011
Ricky_Ross:

Cowards like you talk from their Bottom. To a fool like you, every Nigerian football player is criminally over aged, all Nigerian politicians are corrupt and all Nigerian citizens are thieves and black monkeys, only YOU is a saint.

What evidence do you have to prove these lads are over aged when FIFA has new technology to verify the age of these boys? If indeed our boys are over aged then all the other African teams are over aged as well.

I love this country and hate to see animals like you talking poo about my people. If you dont like anything about our country please move to Somalia and we wont miss you

@ Ricky_Ross, I bless u with a kiss  kiss
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by Syenite(m): 3:53pm On Aug 12, 2011
rastaman20:

Come and see the support this boys are getting here, grin grin grin grin grin.You even think that we are the home base team.This lads have gotten the most suppoort more than the french team. There are liken to the two famous club here (America and Deportivo Cali), Because most of the players are black and where doing the state proud.
Our Players are feeling at home grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Comes Saturday, just watch out and u will see how our flag will be soaring so High. i have already got alot of Fans to support our boys.
just for them to wear anything shirt that have green colour on it,, luckly for me, The jersey of Deportivo Cail is green.Staduim go full with alot suporting Nigeria,

Well done bros. Atleast that our single die-hard supporter will not be alone. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by honeric01(m): 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2011
Syenite:

Hmmm, you've suddenly realised you are a Nigerian. Or have they started doing "the right thing and at the right time" as you've always stated?

You this dude don come again lol, well i support them when they are doing well, even if they don't win, i would support them, but not when mediocrity is taken in place of meritocratic option. Understand now? undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by rastaman20(m): 5:31pm On Aug 12, 2011
Syenite:

Well done bros. Atleast that our single die-hard supporter will not be alone. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na me be that oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin

But if u watched that match against England , u will noticed that i am no longer alone grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, and tomorrow . that stadum will crash, pls listen and u will be hearing ( all we are saying , give us more Goals)
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by babaowo: 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2011
@rastaman20 i luv d way u display naija flag,keep it up man,hope columbus girlz no dey disturb u?
Re: Nigeria Vs France: U-20 World Cup Quarter Final @ 9pm by rastaman20(m): 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2011
babaowo:

@rastaman20 i luv d way u display naija flag,keep it up man,hope columbus girlz no dey disturb u?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin,, bros no be small, abeg u want put me for trouble, madam de for house oooooo. watchout on sunday becuase she will be by myside with a bigger flag more than my own, we have made 20 gigantic Green white Green flags which i am going to give to people, i wanted to make more, but, grin grin grin grin dey hard oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Oshoala, Oparanozie, Ajibade & Other World Stars @ Nike's Fashion Show In Paris / Eden Hazard Quits International Football At 31 (photos) / Mkhitaryan May Not Play Europa Final In Azerbaijan Because He Is Armenian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.