Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour (21990 Views)

Vladmir Putin And Xi Jinping Pay Tributes To Queen Elizabeth / Last Pictures Of Queen Elizabeth II Before Her Death / Russian Military Pays Respects To Soleiman Assassinated By The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by Fira09(m): 4:33am On Sep 17, 2022
As Queen Elizabeth II Lies in State at the Westminster Hall, mourners waiting to pay their respects to the late monarch had to wait for over 19 hours to get to the front of the line.

Entrance to the queue to pay tribute to the Queen was initially paused for "at least" six hours as it reached capacity, the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DMCS) said.

Now, entrance to the queue has resumed, with expected waiting times at one point hitting 24 hours.

Queuing times were lasting as long as a full day and overnight temperatures will be cold, the government's official queue tracker has warned.

Later into Friday evening, the queue wait time had reduced to just over 19 hours.

The queue to reach the Queen’s coffin was almost five miles long when it was paused on Friday morning, tailing back from Westminster all the way to Southwark Park.

A crowd formed around the entrance as people begged to be let in.

"That has always been part of our planning and that is to make sure as many people as possible in the queue can enter the Palace of Westminster."

SOURCE

5 Likes

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by Fira09(m): 4:33am On Sep 17, 2022
More

1 Like

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by Odewaleadesoye(m): 4:35am On Sep 17, 2022
Rest on Queen Elizabeth II

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by God1000(m): 4:39am On Sep 17, 2022
This is unprecedented, it appears the late queen Elizabeth was loved and admired by many people in UK and across the world despite being a monarch of a despised fallen empire.

A lot of people didn't even know that UK operates a constitutional monarchy until now

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by Princessogaraya(f): 4:45am On Sep 17, 2022
They should continue

4 Likes

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by Chaos14: 8:43am On Sep 17, 2022
She herself during the ww2 went to visit the homeless and injured and gave them materials only a british hypocrite hates her. Meanwhile i wonder how this country would be if it had not been colonized like ethiopia? Nlfpmod

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by KingAzubuike(f): 11:09am On Sep 17, 2022
Craze people.

Meanwhile

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by SILVERLINES: 11:10am On Sep 17, 2022
grin

If them like make them extends it to 8766 hours that's non of my business. Tne queen still riot in hell

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by BATified2023: 11:10am On Sep 17, 2022
Isn’t it funny that some people are insulting the queen n calling her derogatory names whereas their messiah went their to sign condolence register

If confusion was a name

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by Emmypure: 11:10am On Sep 17, 2022
Do I give a f**k ?
No I don't .

2 Likes

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by WibusJaga: 11:10am On Sep 17, 2022

After all the waiting, Item 7 no go dey. angry
Naija burial too sweet abeg. cheesy

35 Likes

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by VeryWickedMan: 11:10am On Sep 17, 2022
But in Africa, they'd call it primitive.

7 Likes

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by vikomedem: 11:11am On Sep 17, 2022
This is unprecedented, it appears the late queen Elizabeth was loved and admired by many people in UK and across the world despite being a monarch of a despised fallen empire.

A lot of people didn't even know that UK operates a constitutional monarchy when she was alive.
Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by Dozie32(m): 11:11am On Sep 17, 2022
Rest in pieces, you demonic witch.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by jumper524(m): 11:12am On Sep 17, 2022
19hrs? May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by salesbloo: 11:12am On Sep 17, 2022
King Charles III Standing guard with other children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yc9sCsC4-U

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by Okunrinogun: 11:12am On Sep 17, 2022
The white people no get better things to do with their time, I trust my contry people

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by fr3do(m): 11:12am On Sep 17, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
But in Africa, they'd call it primitive.

I tell you

They would find a way to spin it as a fetish affair

3 Likes

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by BATified2023: 11:12am On Sep 17, 2022
Dozie32:
but peter obi is Igbo n he went to sign condolence register
Wetin xup

I confuse for this your matter ooo

Hating in confusion or confused hate

20 Likes

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by Matrixoba: 11:13am On Sep 17, 2022
Where is Prof. Uju who doesn't even know what nature of death route she will travel? I pray she doesn't experience what she wished others

Live! Don't hate.

6 Likes

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by MasterJayJay: 11:13am On Sep 17, 2022
Some folks don't know the difference between constitutional monarchy and absolute monarchy. Britain practices constitutional monarchy, which is only ceremonial. It's sheer ignorance to blame a Queen that has no executive power.

8 Likes

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by drmuchin: 11:14am On Sep 17, 2022
Crazy Briton
Even Christ didnt receive this kind paparazzi
Not to talk of a mere mortal

1 Like

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by drmuchin: 11:14am On Sep 17, 2022
Okunrinogun:
The white people no get better things to do with their time, I trust my contry people

Spoke my mind

2 Likes

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by 26finegirl: 11:14am On Sep 17, 2022
When a good Ruler die people morn but when a bad ruler dies people celebrate

1 Like

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by LORDCYPRESS(m): 11:14am On Sep 17, 2022
Enough of this queen of England stuff nah...

Abi nairaland don turn to Englishland??

This shit is getting bore jus like BBN.. It has no benefit to us here in nigerian abeg...

In other news... Peter Obi is coming

3 Likes

Re: Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour by Olaolex: 11:16am On Sep 17, 2022
Dozie32:
what is wrong with this one now?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mass Shooting At July 4 Holiday Block Party In Gary, Indiana. 10 shot, 3 dead / Russia Tests S-400 Missiles In Crimea Amid Tensions With Ukraine / Federal Judge Dismisses Trump Request To Stop Counting Philadelphia Ballots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.