Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:46 AM

A Question About "feelings" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question About "feelings" (551 Views)

Poll: In a marriage, which do you think is the sin?

the PRESENCE of feelings for someone other than your spouse?: 0% (0 votes)
ACTING on (giving in to or yielding to) the feelings?: 100% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Lets See Who Can Answer This Biblical Question About Jesus Death. / A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? / "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Question About "feelings" by kheme(m): 7:16am On Aug 12, 2011
so i find myself in a kidna situation today that makes me wonder something i never really thought bout before, hence this thread. here's the question:

is it WRONG, as a Christian (ie. is it a sin) to "have" feelings for someone other than the person you're married to? and when i say "feelings" i mean,  the feelings are there, but you DO NOT act on them. is this wrong, bad, sin

I know the bible says looking at a woman "with lustful" eyes is equivalent to adultery, but if one "has feelings", maybe even intimate feelings, for someone outside your marriage but cos as a Christian, you REFUSE to act on those feelings,  is it still sin?

in other words,  is it the PRESENCE of the feelings that's the sin or the ACTIONS that result from the presence of the feelings that's the actual sin? cos in my opinion, i don't think it's wrong or sin to have feelings for someone who isn't your spouse, so long as you don't yield or give i or act on those feelings. i mean, aren't there times you feel like or think of doing something wrong, bad, and the feeling is so strong that you're just an inch or a second away from doing that thing, but you still don't,  that still doesn't count as haven done it. i'm not talking of wanting to do it but couldn't, i'm talking of having the urge to do it, but refusing to give in to that urge.

ok, i think i'm going round in circles now. but i believe my question should be clear now.

so, answers, what's your opinion and why do you believe so?

(1) (Reply)

Have You Taken Your Love Break Today? / Help Others - Pastor Chris / Does Any Body Really Deserve Hell Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.