Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? (13056 Views)

Lets See Who Can Answer This Biblical Question About Jesus Death. / Simplified Layman Explanation Of The Basic Ideas Of Evolution. / Chris Oyakhilome’s Theory Of Alcoholism And Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 11:18am On Jan 17, 2013
Hi everyone, just a question I've been pondering over. Here it is:

If the multiverse theory is true, what exists between any two universes?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by inspiredbyGOD(m): 11:41am On Jan 17, 2013
what exists between two universes in a multiverse is v and e
Uni ve rse
v & e are in the middle so they exist between two universes, therefore since ve is sometimes used to indicate positive and negative, we can deduce that both positi ve and negati ve atoms exist between two universes. ve is what exists between two universes in a multiverse.

2 Likes

Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 12:06pm On Jan 17, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
what exists between two universes in a multiverse is v and e
Uni ve rse
v & e are in the middle so they exist between two universes, therefore since ve is sometimes used to indicate positive and negative, we can deduce that both positi[b]ve[/b] and negati[b]ve[/b] atoms exist between two universes. ve is what exists between two universes in a multiverse.

The universe is believed to have started because of the big bang which is said to be the origin of space and time. Usually when a theist argues the that if space and time began to exist, then the cause of space and time must be one that transcends space and time.(Kalam cosmological argument)
The atheist usually disagrees saying that it is impossible to make sense of any being that is spaceless and timeless.

The next argument that a theist presents is that the fine-tuning of the universe in the sense that the universe follows a very specific order is an indication that the universe has a designer.
The atheist usually counters by citing the multiverse theory which is that the universe is not alone but is part of an infinitely large number of universes ordered in many different ways.

I believe that the big bang theory contradicts the multiverse theory because if space and time started locally in each universe, then whatever is inbetween any two universes cannot possibly be space so what is it?

It seems to me that on one hand the atheist denies that a spaceless and timeless realm exists but on the other hand indirectly admits spaceless and timeless realm when he/she cites the multiverse theory (which by the way has no scientific proof/evidence whatsoever). I am really interested in finding out how his/her explanation for reality works.

Do you follow?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by inspiredbyGOD(m): 12:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, I'll explain it to you in a nutshell:

The universe is believed to have started because of the big bang which is said to be the origin of space and time. Usually when a theist argues the that if space and time began to exist, then the cause of space and time must be one that transcends space and time.(Kalam cosmological argument)
The atheist usually disagrees saying that it is impossible to make sense of any being that is spaceless and timeless.

The next argument that a theist presents is that the fine-tuning of the universes in the sense that the universe follows a very specific order is an indication that the universe has a designer.
The atheist usually counters by citing the multiverse theory which is that the universe is not alone but is part of an infinitely large number of universes ordered in many different ways.

I believe that the big bang theory contradicts the multiverse theory because if space and time started locally in each universe, then whatever is inbetween any two universes cannot possibly be space so what is it?

It seems to me that on one hand the atheist denies that a spaceless and timeless realm exists but on the other hand indirectly admits spaceless and timeless realm when he/she cites the multiverse theory (which by the way has no scientific proof/evidence whatsoever). I am really interested in finding out how his/her explanation for reality works.

Do you follow?

ehrm..... ehrm.... *scratches head* I think I will manage the creation story in the bible, straightforward and precise. All in a bid to disprove the existence of God, scientist keep coming out with all these baseless theories. (anyway, I'm following)
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
ehrm..... ehrm.... *scratches head* I think I will manage the creation story in the bible, straightforward and precise. All in a bid to disprove the existence of God, scientist keep coming out with all these baseless theories. (anyway, I'm following)
Fair enough my friend, fair enough. smiley
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 17, 2013
Any strong man in the big b.ang(atheism) camp capable of reducing this question?
Mr_Anony:
if space and time started locally in each universe, then whatever is inbetween any two universes cannot possibly be space so what is it?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by numo86(m): 1:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
Logicboy and his cohorts should be on there way...grin......
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 17, 2013
Thank god for this thread........

More and more threads have come up showing that christians have a fundamental misunderstanding and dislike for atheism;

atheism = science.

Furthermore, the moment science cant explain something, atheism is false and God is real (argument from ignorance). This is where the dubious christian comes ine.

Knowing that the multiverse theory is only a hypothesis with many versions, the dubious christian comes in and asks a question that has no solid answer. What sane reason could we give for asking such a question?

Should this question be here or in the science/technology section?

1 Like

Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 17, 2013
Logicboy03: Thank god for this thread........

More and more threads have come up showing that christians have a fundamental misunderstanding and dislike for atheism;

atheism = science.

Furthermore, the moment science cant explain something, atheism is false and God is real (argument from ignorance). This is where the dubious christian comes ine.

Knowing that the multiverse theory is only a hypothesis with many versions, the dubious christian comes in and asks a question that has no solid answer. What sane reason could we give for asking such a question?

So much talk but no answer.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
Reyginus: So much talk but no answer.

1) You people hate to read anything that doesnt confirm your bias. Read my comment again

2) Read the first sentence of your signature.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

1) You people hate to read anything that doesnt confirm your bias. Read my comment again

2) Read the first sentence of your signature.

Young man, you're empty on this one. Maybe with google you could form a crowd.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
Logicboy03: Thank god for this thread........

atheism = science.

Yawn...........I have not made an argument, I have only asked a question that suggests that the big bang theory and the multiverse theory are logically incompatible. You can either accept one and reject the other or you can explain how they are not logically incompatible. Since you claim there are many versions, feel free to point at any of the versions of the multiverse hypothesis that does not contradict the big bang theory.

It is very dubious of you to call someone dubious for asking a very straightforward question just because it is difficult for you to answer it. You have to understand that there are some things you are ignorant about and a person is not dubious because he/she asked questions that exposed your ignorance.

....and no this question does not belong in the science and technology section because the arguments the question points to are mainstays regularly featuring in the religion section in theist/atheist debates.

I asked a question. You gave no answer.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Yawn...........I have not made an argument, I have only asked a question that suggests that the big bang theory and the multiverse theory are logically incompatible. You can either accept one and reject the other or you can explain how they are not logically incompatible. Since you claim there are many versions, feel free to point at any of the versions of the multiverse hypothesis that does not contradict the big bang theory.

It is very dubious of you to call someone dubious for asking a very straightforward question just because it is difficult for you to answer it. You have to understand that there are some things you are ignorant about and a person is not dubious because he/she asked questions that exposed your ignorance.

....and no this question does not belong in the science and technology section because the arguments the question points to are mainstays regularly featuring in the religion section in theist/atheist debates.

I asked a question. You gave no answer.

1) The big bang theory and the multiverse hypothesis are not incompatible

2) I never said you made an argument. But I predicted that you set up a dubious question to support a fallacious argument(ehem, look at number 1)

3) The multiverse hypothesis has little to do with the God argument. It is the big bang that is the main focus.

4) You ask a scientific question claiming to be a lay man. How many atheist sceintists do you know among us here in the religion section? Are we not mostly lay men?

Now for a simple explanation of how the big bang is infact very compatible with the multiverse hypothesis;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCtpJeWXW0Y
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 17, 2013
Mr logic, do you understand the question at all.
1. By implication, you hold them to be true and compatible. Now, the question is, before the big ba.ng, what interface was connecting our universe with the others?
2. What is dubious about the question?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
Logicboy03:
1) The big bang theory and the multiverse hypothesis are not incompatible
Please tell us exactly how so
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2013
Reyginus: Mr logic, do you understand the question at all.
1. By implication, you hold them to be true and compatible. Now, the question is, before the big ba.ng, what interface was connecting our universe with the others?
2. What is dubious about the question?

Do I hold the multiverse hypothesis to be true?

Yawn. note the word "hypothesis".

You can either read my earlier comment and see why the question is dubious or you can continue acting the fool.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Please tell us exactly how so

smiley

What was the point of the video in my comment?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
Mr_Anony: Hi everyone, just a question I've been pondering over. Here it is:

A black hole?

Or what if there are no boundaries, just distance? Did u think of that?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 2:57pm On Jan 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

smiley

What was the point of the video in my comment?
I didn't glean anything that answers my question from the video. If you insist there is, please cite the times in the video so I can watch it again.

Logicboy03:
A black hole?
Lol, Really?

what do you mean by distance? I thought distance was a spatially defined property. . . .but space and time started with the big bang so where is this "distance" between two universes originating from?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Do I hold the multiverse hypothesis to be true?

Yawn. note the word "hypothesis".

You can either read my earlier comment and see why the question is dubious or you can continue acting the fool.

Are you for real. So, you don't hold the theory to be true now?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

A black hole?

huh? Now you hold the multiverse to be true?
To your question, do you bother asking yourself what makes a distance?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I didn't glean anything that answers my question from the video. If you insist there is, please cite the times in the video so I can watch it again.

When Dan Barker was talking about planck time were you deaf? Seconds which we dont know what happened in the beginning. Dan Barker was saying that within that time anything could have happened- we just dont know.

Remember, the multiverse is a hypothesis, no evidence for it exists.

Mr_Anony:
Lol, Really?

I meant a wormhole

Mr_Anony:
what do you mean by distance? I thought distance was a spatially defined property. . . .but space and time started with the big bang so where is this "distance" between two universes originating from?

The unknown seconds after the big bang? Did you think of that?

Also, what if this universe came from the blackhole of another universe?

This is the problem with hypothesis/educated guesses, you run into many imaginary/philosophical answers.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
Reyginus: huh? Now you hold the multiverse to be true?
To your question, do you bother asking yourself what makes a distance?

Can you tell your dumbazz brother to shut up, Anony?

Anony, stop this christian hypocrisy and be ready to tell the truth to christians who are ignorant of science. Tell this guy to keep quiet and let the big boys do the debate?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Anony, stop this christian hypocrisy and be ready to tell the truth to christians who are ignorant of science. Tell this guy to keep quiet and let the big boys do the debate?
Lololol.
Your problem is with elementary physics. Distance equals change in displacement over a period of time. How then can the boundary be distance when the points of displacement are yet to be pronounced? Talk more time

1 Like

Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
Reyginus: Lololol.
Your problem is with elementary physics. Distance equals change in displacement over a period of time. How then can the boundary be distance when the points of displacement are yet to be pronounced? Talk more time

Ode, that was the point; what if there is no boundary, only distance?
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ode, that was the point; what if there is no boundary, only distance?
Logicboy, I wonder how you learn. You made a blunder instead of offering an apology, you're trying to spin the points into retardation.
Their is no way it can be distance when their is no space to accomodate the gap.
Do you get it now?

1 Like

Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
Reyginus: Logicboy, I wonder how you learn. You made a blunder instead of offering an apology, you're to spin the points into retardation.
Their is no way it can be distance when their is no space to accomodate the gap.

Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

SMH. Dude, nobody is perfect. We're all learning. Your attitude towards sound knowlegde is the great leap to the pantheon of retardation.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by cyrexx: 3:51pm On Jan 17, 2013
Mr_Anony: Hi everyone, just a question I've been pondering over. Here it is:

[size=15pt]If really want to know about science, you know exctly where to go.

Stop these your silly and deliberately ignorant questions.

Ignorance about science is not a proof of your fairy tales
[/size]

Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by mazaje(m): 3:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
Anony on the other thread dropped the testimony of a doctor who claimed to have gone to heaven on the soul thread. . .The guy claimed there are is a multi universe when he visited heaven. . .He claimed he was shown that in heaven. . .He says that there are other universes, with less "evil" then ours, and that some are more technologically advanced. He is talking about how we are one of many universes with people living in it, and that our Earth, is a unique one spiriually in that it has more evil in it. However, if any of the other universes had people in them and anyone who had committed any sin, they would need a saviour. Would god also send his son through the process of being guilty for the world more then once again? Would he be able to go back to his position as a man on other planets as a physical body when his real body was up in heaven as the conquering king who had overcome sin and death, who held the keys of death and hades? He also tosses out that evil was made so that there could be free will. What does the bible say about other universes, and the things this man mentions? Does it line up with what is written in the bible?. . Not just the feelings of love and all the nice sounding stuff, but the actual ideas presented in his account. Does anony believe in the guy's(Dr. Eben Alexander) multi verse claim?. . .
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2013
Logicboy03:
When Dan Barker was talking about planck time were you deaf? Seconds which we dont know what happened in the beginning. Dan Barker was saying that within that time anything could have happened- we just dont know.

Remember, the multiverse is a hypothesis, no evidence for it exists.
Lol, was that the "explanation" you were talking about. Since when did "We don't know" and "anything could have happened" become compatible with a theory? Atheism of the gaps anyone?

I meant a wormhole
Still does you no favours unless you are prepared to tell me that wormholes are spaceless

The unknown seconds after the big bang? Did you think of that?
Atheism of the gaps again. . . .or maybe I really should say "multiverse of the gaps"

Also, what if this universe came from the blackhole of another universe?
Red herring. This still wouldn't explain what is inbetween any two universes

This is the problem with hypothesis/educated guesses, you run into many imaginary/philosophical answers.
Unfortunately, you have not given anything that begins to resemble a logical answer as to what exists outside universes. Also note that if the multiverse theory is true, then the big bang cannot be the origin of spacetime.or there is something outside spacetime which the many universes exist in.
Re: A Layman's Question About The Multiverse Theory? by MrAnony1(m): 4:04pm On Jan 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lol @"let the big boys do the debate" why should I tell somebody else to shut up on a free forum? Could it be because he is making you uncomfortable by pointing out your logical errors to you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues / Let Us Be Honest- Life Is Both Meaningless And Purposeless / Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.