Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Tarawee/night Prayers - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Tarawee/night Prayers (2458 Views)

How To Prepare Yourself For Jumuah Prayers / Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC) / Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tarawee/night Prayers by md4real(m): 8:25am On Aug 12, 2011
Salam alaikum brother. I will like know more about how to perform the tarawee prayers. I hope its the prayers usually done after ishaa?
My question are basically on, how many rakat, salams and other details. Thanks you.
Re: Tarawee/night Prayers by Elhef(m): 10:54am On Aug 12, 2011
@ md4 real
tarawee is observed afta salat isha'i. It's 10 rakats , 5 salams. It's nafila which must be perfomed in jama'h. Also, if u joined in the course of the prayers, u don't to repay the missed ones as it's obtainable in the compulsory salat.
Hope , this simple explanations meet your quest. May Allah accept our fasting and prayers as Act Of Ibada'h. Amin
Re: Tarawee/night Prayers by Araboy(m): 11:48am On Aug 12, 2011
Taraweeh is sunnah according to the consensus of Muslims it could be done in congregation or solo the time is from after Isha prayer until Fajr and the Jama 'ah is not a must since it's not an obligatory Prayer (Fard)
There is no specific number since it is Nafela rather it is permissible to do little or a lot some do 8 some 10 some more but the best is what was proven from the Prophet that he never done more than 11 rakats when praying Taraweeh in Ramadan or Nafela in other times
Re: Tarawee/night Prayers by deols(f): 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2011
[list]
[li]
Elhef:

@ md4 real
tarawee is observed afta salat isha'i. It's 10 rakats , 5 salams. It's nafila which must be perfomed in jama'h. Also, if u joined in the course of the prayers, u don't to repay the missed ones as it's obtainable in the compulsory salat.
Hope , this simple explanations meet your quest. May Allah accept our fasting and prayers as Act Of Ibada'h. Amin

tarawee can be observed from after Ishai until the time for salaatul subhi.

The prophet never observed more than eleven rakaats in this period which means u can observe 11 or less.

You can observe it in congregation (Jama')or not

it involves you saying tashahud(atahiyatulillah. . .) and salama after every two rakaah.

the last three is the witr prayer and the prophet used to recite suratul a'la in the first, kaafirun in the second, and for the last one he would recite the last three verses of the Qur'an-reciting these is sunnah(not compulsory)

for the other rakaahs, u can recite as u deem fit. But, it is recommended that you stand up for long during these prayers.

Allahu a'lam. [/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Re: Tarawee/night Prayers by md4real(m): 4:13pm On Aug 13, 2011
alhamdulilaH. THANK YOU all for your time to elighten me. may the rewards of this blessed month be upon u all.

(1) (Reply)

Eid Ul Adha 1444AH: Etiquettes Of Eid / Quran.. Verse Of The Sword... Most Notably Use By ISIS And Boko Haram Wrongly / Kaaba The Center Of Gravity Of The Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.