Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August (5429 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Newcastle: 19% (9 votes)
Arsenal: 67% (31 votes)
Draw: 13% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona : UCL (2 - 0) On 13th April 2016 / Aston Villa Vs Arsenal ( 0 - 2) On 13th December 2015 / Newcastle Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 6th December 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by mukina2: 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2011
Possible starting XIs

Newcastle: Harper, Simpson, Steven Taylor, Coloccini, Ryan Taylor, Barton, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Ba, Ameobi.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Djourou, Gibbs, Walcott, Song, Ramsey, Arshavin, Van Persie, Gervinho.

Tale of the game

It is hard to work out which side has had the more unsettling summer: Newcastle, with their much-publicised problems with Joey Barton and Jose Enrique, or Arsenal, who are set to lose both Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri in the same week.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has had to deal with an exodus of talent, with captain Kevin Nolan being sold to West Ham, Enrique bound for Liverpool and Barton persona non grata following his Twitter outbursts against the club's owners.

Pardew has gone French by bringing in Yohan Cabaye, Sylvain Marveaux, Demba Ba, Mehdi Abeid and Gabriel Obertan, who are all either from France or French-born.

Wenger, meanwhile, is dealing with the most unsettling summer of his 15-year reign as Fabregas and Nasri prepare to leave the club, and the much-needed defensive reinforcements are yet to arrive.

It is perhaps too much to expect a repeat of last season's incredible 4-4 draw at St James' Park, but this promises to be an explosive early-season encounter.

Last season: Arsenal 0 Newcastle 1, Newcastle 4 Arsenal 4.

Match
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by dipo2much(m): 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2011
I remember the 1-0 loss to N'castle last season. Was quite painful the way we conceeded.
N'castle team is still a strong team and no sensible opposition will underestimate them. Ba is eager to impress and already has a good EPL resume after his goal scoring achievements for relegated West Ham.

Arsenal to outclass anyways.
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by mukina2: 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2011
na the 4-4 pain me pass angry
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by islamrules(m): 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2011
I am a chelsea fan, but I still see Arsenal at the first 3 position this season. It is true that Man U is hot right now. It wont be like that through out the season. There is bound to be down-times. Chelsea had a lots of down-time last season. Every club is bound to have it.

Forget about Man City, I put them in the 5th or 6th because of the following reasons:

1. There is no teamwork and game logistic in this team. They play using personal skills. See Man-U against man city, they play as if they use another language. Their passes were accurate. (Arsenal will also benefit from this, hopefully their team is still intact (Having Nasri in the team).
2. Their coach lack skills and strategy.
3. Most of their players are indiscipline.
5. Its hard to integrate players from Spain, Italy with English Premier league except the coach is great.

I still see Man-U, Chelsea, Arsenal this season. Let man city buy messi, they are going no where.
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by dipo2much(m): 4:31pm On Aug 12, 2011
mukina2:

na the 4-4 pain me pass angry

U no lie o. That day i dey look for my handkerchief after the game cry
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by edoyad(m): 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2011
it's nice to be back home guys, how unu dey ? Don't have much to say but that i expect RVP to feel a swell season. I can smell it in the Air, the Atmosphere's just right. Go on R, and conquer the world
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by ChScott(m): 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2011
That 4-4 was painful
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by Spclst900: 5:54pm On Aug 12, 2011
another season is here with expectations.

Arsenal no try fall my hand this season o. Arsenal should win dis, tho it wouldnt be easy.
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by dogice(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2011
with fab and nasri,arsenal didnt win anything, so i say let them go and hopefully we get an AMF and CD, Gunners for the win again newastle cheesy
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by renewnaija(m): 6:11pm On Aug 12, 2011
Same ol, same ol.

1. Season starts
2. Gunners fans expect so much
3. Arsenal starts 1st half of season well
4. Arsenal crumbles btw Jan-April
5. Season ends & Arsenal finishes 4th/5th trophyless
6. Fans shout 4 Wenger's sack
7. Board backs Wenger cos of club profits
8. Speculations links Arsenal with the best defenders & attackers
9. Wenger complains of inflated market & teams like Man City, Chelsea & Madrid
9. One or two of Arsenal's best players leave
10. Wenger buys player cheaply for a fraction of what he sold
11. Back to step one above

'I win trophies to retain my job. Others go 5 yrs trophyless and are not worried about their jobs. ' Jose Mourinho
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by dipo2much(m): 8:23pm On Aug 12, 2011
renewnaija:

Same ol, same ol.

1. Season starts
2. Gunners fans expect so much
3. Arsenal starts 1st half of season well
4. Arsenal crumbles btw Jan-April
5. Season ends & Arsenal finishes 4th/5th trophyless
6. Fans shout 4 Wenger's sack
7. Board backs Wenger cos of club profits
8. Speculations links Arsenal with the best defenders & attackers
9. Wenger complains of inflated market & teams like Man City, Chelsea & Madrid
9. One or two of Arsenal's best players leave
10. Wenger buys player cheaply for a fraction of what he sold
11. Back to step one above

'I win trophies to retain my job. Others go 5 yrs trophyless and are not worried about their jobs. ' Jose Mourinho

Nobody is expecting shitt
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by YoruIgbo(m): 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2011
A reliable source told me they saw Wenger in B&Q, he has gone there to shop for a Trophy and his arguement is why waste so much million ££££££s buying players with the hope they will win you a trophy when you can buy that same trophy you hope to win for few ££££s grin cheesy
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by dogice(m): 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

A reliable source told me they saw Wenger in B&Q, he has gone there to shop for a Trophy and his arguement is why waste so much million ££££££s buying players with the hope they will win you a trophy when you can buy that same trophy you hope to win for few ££££s grin cheesy

so dry tongue tongue tongue
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by YoruIgbo(m): 10:15pm On Aug 12, 2011
dogice:

so dry tongue tongue tongue
Nigerians struggles a lot when it comes to humour grin, we have some dry sense of humour
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by renewnaija(m): 10:27pm On Aug 12, 2011
dipo2much:

Nobody is expecting shitt

Dude speak for yourself.

Pips that buy the most expensive stadium tickets in the UK expect a lot more. The boos during the Emirates cup (& also the last game of last season @ home) are just the beginning. Let the club lose their first game at home to Liverpool, then listen closely.

They & others expect a tonne more. No excuses cos the money (£60m transfer kitty) is there to be spent.
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by YoruIgbo(m): 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2011
Why all Wenger's mate are busy planning how they will win title, Stingy Wenger is busy planning for a reason why he won't win. Same story always, Young side, young side, We are tired of this same excuse and when are we going to see a team of today? we are tired of seeing the team of the future and knowing that the Kingdom of God if near we might not just be here to witness another winning arsenal side
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by EvilBrain1(m): 11:33pm On Aug 12, 2011
mukina2:

Possible starting XIs

Newcastle: Harper, Simpson, Steven Taylor, Coloccini, Ryan Taylor, Barton, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Ba, Ameobi.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Djourou, Gibbs, Walcott, Song, Ramsey, Arshavin, Van Persie, Gervinho.

Your starting 11 is wrong. There's no way they're starting Walcott in central midfield. If he startss, its going to be on the right wing with Arshavin dropping to the bench. Unless they play 442 (unlikely, Ramsey's too small and inexperienced) its going to be:

Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Djourou, Gibbs, Song, Ramsey, Rosicky, Arshavin/Walcott, Van Persie, Gervinho.

I'm starting to get worried about this season. With Cesc and Nasri leaving, we'll need at least 3 more quality signings including a CB. If they sign the wrong people, there's a real chance of dropping out of the top 4.  

People should stop insulting the professor sha. None of what's happening is his fault and he's done a fantastic job with the little money he's been given. To sack him would be suicide unless they can get either Alex Ferguson, Matt Busby or Jesus as a replacement.
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by mukina2: 11:38pm On Aug 12, 2011
Evil Brain:

Your starting 11 is wrong. There's no way they're starting Walcott in central midfield. If he startss, its going to be on the right wing with Arshavin dropping to the bench. Unless they play 442 (unlikely, Ramsey's too small and inexperienced) its going to be:

Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Djourou, Gibbs, Song, Ramsey, Rosicky, Arshavin/Walcott, Van Persie, Gervinho.

I'm starting to get worried about this season. With Cesc and Nasri leaving, we'll need at least 3 more quality signings including a CB. If they sisgn the wrong people, there's a real chance of dropping out of the top 4.  People should stop insulting the professor sha. None of what's happening is his fault and he's done a fantastic job with the little money he's been given. To sack him would be suicide unless they can get either Alex Ferguson, Matt Busby or Jesus as a replacement.
you missed out on the 'possible' starting lineup , it didnt say this was the team list sir
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by dogice(m): 12:38am On Aug 13, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

[b]Nigerians struggles a lot when it comes to humour[/b] grin, we have some dry sense of humour
really, never knew that, you must be so wise though grin grin grin
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by YoruIgbo(m): 12:41am On Aug 13, 2011
Arsenal International Football High School Ashburton Grove North London is proud to announce the Graduation of her best Student Francesc Fàbregas i Soler  who has just gained admission to further his studies in the World best Football University of Barcelona Spain. We all wish him the best of luck as he follows the footstep of some our greatest Alumni like Thierry to pursue a higher degree and win bigger title in their career
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by YoruIgbo(m): 12:45am On Aug 13, 2011
?
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by dogice(m): 12:49am On Aug 13, 2011
well, you r a chelsea fan, so i do understand ya grin grin grin
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by dogice(m): 12:55am On Aug 13, 2011
Evil Brain:

I'm starting to get worried about this season. With Cesc and Nasri leaving, we'll need at least 3 more quality signings including a CB. If they sign the wrong people, there's a real chance of dropping out of the top 4.  

People should stop insulting the professor sha. None of what's happening is his fault and he's done a fantastic job with the little money he's been given. To sack him would be suicide unless they can get either Alex Ferguson, Matt Busby or Jesus as a replacement.
agree with your line up but i do think Koscielny will start ahead of JD cos he was solid in preseason and play relatively well at the end of last season
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by YoruIgbo(m): 12:57am On Aug 13, 2011
Hahaha because I'm critical of Arsenal does not make me a lesser fan or make you think I'm a Chelsea fan and tell me, how did you reach that 'wise' conclusion of me being a chelsea fan?
Anyway I really don't have time for you because what most of you do in here is enjoy senior joke, Take advantage of the internet and chat with your elder brother's mate

Back to the main topic Arsenal
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by YoruIgbo(m): 1:00am On Aug 13, 2011
I still don't know why Rosicky should be in anyone's line up!!
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by dogice(m): 1:04am On Aug 13, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

What has wisdom got to do with humour? I watched night of thousand laugh on TV and watching the audience without sound you will think they are in a church service!! they barely smile not to talk of laugh so I'm not surprise that you didn't see any humour in the message!!
kk my bad boss, mr humour, but you should perhaps go to the joke section, i think you will be appreciated more.you not even an arsenal fan haha
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by dogice(m): 1:07am On Aug 13, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Hahaha because I'm critical of Arsenal does not make me a lesser fan or make you think I'm a Chelsea fan and tell me, how did you reach that 'wise' conclusion of me being a chelsea fan?
Anyway I really don't have time for you because what most of you do in here is enjoy senior joke, Take advantage of the internet and chat with your elder brother's mate

Back to the main topic Arsenal
you see why i said you are so wise, lmao, take advantage of the internet and chat with your elder brothers mate, r you so freaked by internet for you to think some1 will take advantage of such, im sorry ooo old man grin
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by dogice(m): 1:10am On Aug 13, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

I still don't know why Rosicky should be in anyone's line up!!

stop trying so hard to be an arsenal fan, cos you r not wink go to chelseas thread Mr old man
heres the link if its too complicated for you to find https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-734039.0.html
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by YoruIgbo(m): 1:12am On Aug 13, 2011
So is this page only for Arsenal fans? where is it written that only arsenal fan should comment here? You know what? you are an hypothetical person lacking a sense of humour and that's why you find my comments to be inexplicable and strange.

Mr Arsenal please tell me who are you buying next?
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by YoruIgbo(m): 1:15am On Aug 13, 2011
dogice:

stop trying so hard to be an arsenal fan, cos you r not wink go to chelseas thread Mr old man
heres the link if its too complicated for you to find https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-734039.0.html

Must I prove that to you? what have you achieved as an Arsenal fan for the last 6 years Mr Arsena? I'm sure you don't even know where the stadium is
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by YoruIgbo(m): 1:20am On Aug 13, 2011
dogice:

hahahaha sorry I was even blind, I didn't realise I was speaking to someone in Canada grin grin When Canada people begin watch football? do you guys see premiership there too abi you just use the canada as boju boju make e be like say you dey abroad too
Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On Saturday 13th August by dogice(m): 1:21am On Aug 13, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

So is this page only for Arsenal fans? where is it written that only arsenal fan should comment here? You know what? you are an hypothetical person lacking a sense of humour and that's why you find my comments to be inexplicable and strange.

Mr Arsenal please tell me who are you buying next?
oh really, so now im not a small boy again, shocked  shocked  shocked , if you really do think i lack a sense of humour then i think you r the most confused person i have seen, you dont even know the club to support, even your username says it all, wtf is yoru_igbo, confusion haha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Fulham (1 - 1) On 26th December 2011 / Manchester United Vs Bolton (3 - 0) On Saturday January 14 2012 / Everton Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On Saturday 11th February 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.