Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? (132149 Views)

Top Ten Richest People In Nigeria 2015 And Net Worth - T.I.N / Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses 2015(with Pictures) / Richest Nollywood Actors Named (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by anonymous6(f): 2:24pm On Aug 12, 2011
When I saw the list I was surprised by some in the list but I am happy for them, here is the list:

1. Kate Henshaw Nuttal (worth 67 million Naira)

2. Genevieve Nnaji (worth 64 million Naira)

3. Ini Edo (worth 60 million Naira)

4. Rita Dominic (worth 58 million Naira)

5. Mercy Johnson (worth 55 million Naira)

6. Omotola Jalade Ekeinde (worth 53 million Naira)

7. Patience Ozokwor (worth 51 million Naira)

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/thumb2.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L1BhdGllbmNlLU96b2t3b3ItRGF1Z2h0ZXItV2VkZGluZy1CZWxsYS1OYWlqYTAwMDR0LmpwZw==&w=660

8. Uche Jumbo (worth 50 million Naira)

9. Monalisa Chinda (worth 50 million Naira)

10. Chioma Chukwuka (worth 46 million Naira)

What are your opinions of the list
Are you surprised the number one is not Genevieve?
Are you surprised to see monolisa and Mercy in the list?
Are you surprised Omotola is at the number she is in the list?
what is your thoughts about everybody in the list?

http://allafrica.com/stories/201009270858.html

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by anonymous6(f): 1:12am On Aug 14, 2011
What are your thoughts
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by dominique(f): 11:42am On Aug 14, 2011
no comment tongue
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by doublekay: 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2011
quite controversial right, considerin d fact that most of dis gals are glo ambasadors, feature in quite a no of big adverts and colect upto 1 million n per movie. Tho this list is still subject to re evaluation. one tin is 4 sure nigeria movie stars are quite far behind there co's in d music industry money wise
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by blackchief(m): 10:58pm On Aug 14, 2011
my pple where is RMD, Olo jacob,Pete Edoche,KOK etc the big boys of the industry on the list please
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by anonymous6(f): 11:01pm On Aug 14, 2011
@doublekay

I agree, At first I was surprised their were many wealthy nollywood actresses but after that I was expecting them to have more money then that but at least they are starting some where(but most of their money is from endorsements now), but I must you are right that musicians in nigeria like D'banj, 2Face, P-Square are much more wealthier then nollywood actresses/actors because of concerts and endorsements.

http://showbizxklusivs..com/2011/04/nollywood-stars-land-endorsement-deal.html
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by anonymous6(f): 11:15pm On Aug 14, 2011
@blackchief

true, but the reason there is no list about the top ten wealthy Nollywood actors is because there hasn't been one done yet, why nobody has researched nollywood actors yet but researched nollywood actresses is weird to me. In my opinion if a list is ever done I suspect Jim iyke and Ramsey Noauh would be in it. I read some where a year ago from a forum site that both these actors were involved with endorsements some how but it maybe rumors, so I don't know
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by Afam4eva(m): 10:56am On Aug 15, 2011
I don't know about the richest but the highest paid actress in Nollywood history is Genevieve Nnaji.
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by anonymous6(f): 1:20pm On Aug 15, 2011
@afam4eva

Yes Genevieve is the highest paid actress through acting but she is not the richest actress in general, Nollywood actresses make more money or most of their money through endorsements deals, businesses, property, and etc which Genevieve is not the highest paid Nollywood actress in that
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by anonymous6(f): 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2011
smiley
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by Goldieluks: 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2011
Is that the best pic you could get of rita dominic??
not that am a fan though.
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by anonymous6(f): 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2011
@ Goldieluks

in a way yes, I thought the picture was a unique picture of her and I felt it fit the topic, she looked wise in a way in the picture and the black/white color helped
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by Goldieluks: 9:25pm On Aug 28, 2011
Fair enough.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by anonymous6(f): 12:06am On Oct 28, 2011
bump
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by babyboy3(m): 9:59am On Oct 28, 2011
Upon all the movies these ladies have churn out none of them have grossed close to £250k even a IndecentStar has earned more than that?
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by anonymous6(f): 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2011
baby-boy:

Upon all the movies these ladies have churn out none of them have grossed close to £250k even a IndecentStar has earned more than that?

wow, ok. Well lets at least congratulate them that they are at least earning something in the millions
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by anonymous6(f): 3:42am On Dec 18, 2011
UPDATE

There was a update in the richest nollywood actresses list, one actress is completely out of the list and some have been demoted to the bottom, and a few have elevated up from their previous number. This list is from another source and is the most recent but I found it interesting because it is not a top ten list but a top 18 list(8 new people are added to the list). However I didn't want to make another thread about this topic because it is too soon from this original topic. For sure in a couple of years or the near future this list will change and majority of these ladies won't be in the list; and by then for sure I will dedicate a thread to that. Any way here's the updated list:

THE RICHEST ACTRESSES IN NOLLYWOOD AT THIS MOMENT
http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/entertainment/celebrities/128255-the-richest-actresses-in-nollywood-at-this-moment.html

1. Ini Edo - 130 million naira

2. Uche Jumbo - 127 million Naira

3. Rita Dominic - 100 million Naira

4. Genevieve Nnaji - 96 million Naira

5. Monolisa Chinda - 92 million Naira

6. Funke Akindele - 90 million Naira

7. kate Henshaw - 80 million Naira

8. Omotola Jalade Ekeinde - 75 million Naira

9. Stephanie okereke - 72 million Naira

10. Mercy Johnson - 70 million naira

11. Chioma Chukwuka - 70 million Naira

12. Obi Edozie - 60 million Naira

13. Omoni Onoboli - 54 million Naira
[img]http://3.bp..com/-y1E2PjUULvA/TgNBJTaAKMI/AAAAAAAAFRw/mQt5aHPB-Es/s1600/Omoni-celebregion.jpg[/img]

14. Oge Okoye - 45 million Naira

15. Tonto Dike - 27 million Naira

16. Empress Njamah - 20 million Naira

17. Chika Ike - 15 million Naira

18. Halima Abubakar - 10 million Naira

http://www.mercyjohnson.com/star-actress-halima-abubakar-robbed
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by MrsChima1(f): 4:18am On Dec 18, 2011
I am not surprised at Ini Edo and Genny, because they are awesome actresses.  I love many of their movies. 

I am surprised Tonto Dikeh isn't on the list because she is pretty much the lead in many movies.  Mercy Johnson is good at crying and whining but Ini Edo and Genny can act the phone book!
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by anonymous6(f): 4:27am On Dec 18, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I am not surprised at Ini Edo and Genny, because there are awesome actresses. I love many of their movies.

I am surprised Tonto Dikeh isn't on the list because she is pretty much the lead in many movies. Mercy Johnson is good at crying and whining but Ini Edo and Genny can act the phone book!

True, Tonto Dike is not the top ten but it is a little surprising maybe because she hasn't been out as long as actresses like Genevieve and Ini but in the new updated list Tonto is in the top 18, so I suspect in a few years she will be in the top ten
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by ijawgirl: 4:40am On Dec 18, 2011
these days I only watch Genevieve Nnaji movies
I hate everything about Tonto Dike
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by anonymous6(f): 4:43am On Dec 18, 2011
ijaw_girl:

these days I only watch Genevieve Nnaji movies
I hate everything about Tonto Dike

I agree, tonto dike movies always has s.exual explicit content stuff in all her movies all the time. In the English nollywood movie arena there are a few I would only watch like for example Ramsey, Omotola, Genevieve, patience, and etc movies. If it is a Tonto dike movie I wouldn't even pay attention to it.
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by ijawgirl: 4:58am On Dec 18, 2011
anonymous6:

I agree, tonto dike movies always has s.exual explicit content stuff in all her movies all the time. In the English nollywood movie arena there are a few I would only watch like for example Ramsey, Omotola, Genevieve, patience, and etc movies. If it is a Tonto dike movie I wouldn't even pay attention to it.

I only used to watch Dakore Egbuson and Genevieve Nnaji movies but unfortnately Dakore Egbyson stopped acting since she married Billionaire Olumide Akande.
I hope there will be a new/another "genevieve Nanji" in the near future
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by anonymous6(f): 5:01am On Dec 18, 2011
ijaw_girl:

I only used to watch Dakore Egbuson and Genevieve Nnaji movies but unfortnately Dakore Egbyson stopped acting since she married Billionaire Olumide Akande.
I hope there will be new/another "genevieve Nanji" in the near future

I think their will be a new one in the future but I suspect it will be somebody we least suspect with her own unique edge

I never knew Dakore's husband is a billionaire WOW
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by ijawgirl: 5:17am On Dec 18, 2011
anonymous6:

I think their will be a new one in the future but I suspect it will be somebody we least suspect with her own unique edge

I never knew Dakore's husband is a billionaire WOW

yea she married a billionaire's son 2 years ago
Her husband's father told her to stop acting once she marrries his son bcus of the family Image and all that bull crap
she gave up her acting areer for a billionaire's son. lipsrsealed well that must have been a hard descision for her. I guess its worth it

we hardly see Genevieve act these days due to  her a list status
it really sucks that she only acts in high budget Nollywood movies
thats y I am hoping for a new genevieve I can fall inlove with again  smiley
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by anonymous6(f): 5:43am On Dec 18, 2011
ijaw_girl:

yea she married a billionaire's son 2 years ago
Her husband's father told her to stop acting once she marrries his son bcus of the family Image and all that bull crap
she gave up her acting areer for a billionaire's son. lipsrsealed well that must have been a hard descision for her. I guess its worth it

we hardly see Genevieve act these days due to  her a list status
it really sucks that she only acts in high budget Nollywood movies
thats y I am hoping for a new genevieve I can fall inlove with again  smiley

oh ok, yeah I knew she was married but I never knew her husbands financial status, well good for her

I have heard about that, Genevieve doesn't do low budget Nollywood movies any more. she is elevating herself but it will limit her indirectly but I agree about what your saying about a new Genevieve in the future.
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by MrsChima1(f): 6:39am On Dec 18, 2011
ijaw_girl:

I hope there will be a new/another "genevieve Nanji" in the near future

Of course she will stop acting because her husband has access to money. I am not generalizing but it make sense for a person to stop doing something for the benefit of their family especially if their families are big shots.

I think Genny is limiting herself to more movies because many of the movies are poorly videographed but excellent storyline but need great editing and fluidity.

I think the reason why Tonto Dikeh's movies have a lot of sexual connotation to it because she is establishing herself and unfortunately directors aren't giving her quality roles like Genny and Ini Edo.

I loved Ini Edo in Where Oceans Meet. I was a bit touched by her performance.
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by anonymous6(f): 2:18pm On Dec 18, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Of course she will stop acting because her husband has access to money. I am not generalizing but it make sense for a person to stop doing something for the benefit of their family especially if their families are big shots.

True

Mrs, Chima:

I think the reason why Tonto Dikeh's movies have a lot of intimate connotation to it because she is establishing herself and unfortunately directors aren't giving her quality roles like Genny and Ini Edo.

you have a point but because of the fact that she has done so much s.exual content movies, people just see her as that & keep her in that level of movies; so they are not a willing to give her quality roles because those movies she has done have given her a stigma.
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by ijawgirl: 5:41pm On Dec 18, 2011
I really used to like Tonto when she just started
she was so pretty, sweet n innocent
but now lipsrsealed
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2011
I think the wrong picture's been posted for Chika Ike[i].[/i]..
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by MrsChima1(f): 7:20pm On Dec 18, 2011
ijaw_girl:

I really used to like Tonto when she just started
she was so pretty, sweet n innocent
but now  lipsrsealed

I saw a movie where she played an innocent village girl looking for love and her family wanted her to marry someone that she didn't love. 

But in Blackberry Babes and Royal Daughters, she played an angry black woman and a chain smoker.

You will have to excuse me, trying to remember the title of the movie, but in one of this movie she was a troubled woman who made a mistake and married an elderly man.  He has a daughter who is married to her husband that lives in Canada for business and she didn't like her father's new wife because of the mistake she made but at the end she knew her father was happy and accepted the new wife's mistakes. 

In return helped her with her marriage to her husband because he cheated on her in Canada and they got back together at the end.  Tonto Dikeh did very well in the movie and played a different character that wasn't a norm for her. 

Now the movie, "White men", I think was a very interesting movie with Ini Edo and Mikey but I had an issue with indian men being portrayed as white men instead of actual white men.  Is that an issue for Nollywood to hire white actors?
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by denzel2009: 7:24pm On Dec 18, 2011
somebody is obviously using these figures to learn multiplication tables.
Re: Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? by anonymous6(f): 8:11pm On Dec 18, 2011
Siena:

I think the wrong picture's been posted for Chika Ike[i].[/i]..

No, that's her picture

Chika Ike
http://www.stylebybike.com/2011/04/nollywood-chika-ike-2011-calendar-pictures

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maryam Booth Reacts To Her Leaked Nude Video, Accuses Deezell, Her Ex Boyfriend / Joke Silva Pictured With Olu Jacobs & Their Son At Her Mum's Burial / Neyo's Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.