Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,404 members, 7,853,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:08 AM

Waiting Period - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Waiting Period (1262 Views)

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Triplets In The U.S After Six Years Of Waiting / If You Know This And You Are Still Single, What Are You Waiting For? (picture) / Is It Possible To Get Pregnant Two Days Before The Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waiting Period by Crystallic: 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2011
I have been married for a while now but still looking up to God for answers as touching the fruit of the womb. Please i need some Godly advice and how to sail through this trying period without loosing myself and trust in God.
Re: Waiting Period by Outstrip(f): 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2011
How long have you been married
Re: Waiting Period by Crystallic: 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2011
2years now and i have never gotten pregnant. I have done all series of test and all is fine.
Re: Waiting Period by r231(m): 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2011
have you tried IVF
Re: Waiting Period by iyatrustee(f): 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2011
how long have you been married? cos you can only get worried only after 9mths of unprotected sex and you still have not conceived.
have you seen your gyneacologist? at times, a little hormonal change could make you not ovulating and without which you can get pregnant
are you stressed up and anxious about the situation? stress can even make it impossible for one to take in so you need to free your mind from any form of stress.
Re: Waiting Period by Outstrip(f): 3:36pm On Aug 12, 2011
You can start by not stressing out about it. two years is nothing especially if you are not regular. Have both you and your husband been checked out?
Re: Waiting Period by Crystallic: 3:38pm On Aug 12, 2011
The problem is for once i have not gotten pregnant for the whole 2years. My gyny says it will happen but when?
Re: Waiting Period by kokoye(m): 3:40pm On Aug 12, 2011
Yes, this period can be trying but you need to stay strong.

You also need some strong support form your husband and your family in general . . .I hope they theyre praying with you.

Mkae sure everything has been checked out medically on both sides and ENOY YOUR MARITAL LIFE.

Use this period to travel around and have fun with your spouse . . you wont have time when the kids start coming.

I have friends who waited for up to 4 years before the kids came so . . .all will be well

Stay strong,  stay focused . .stay relaxed if you can.

We are not God . .only God knows why . . and for good reason as well . .we just dont know.

And dont let the religious bodies tell you it is a sin in your life causing it . .PLEASE

God bless you.
Re: Waiting Period by Crystallic: 3:45pm On Aug 12, 2011
@ kokoye thanks really appreciate your advise. Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Waiting Period by kokoye(m): 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2011
You are welcome.

I have been there so I know how you feel.

It is well.
Re: Waiting Period by Johndoe100(m): 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2011
If you are alright, have your hubby check himself. If everything is ok, then don't stress, enjoy each other and you will be surprised that it will happen sooner than you think.
Re: Waiting Period by madoba: 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2011
I know couples who have been married longer than you and they didn't have issues until much later. One of such couples just had their first child after 10years of marriage.

Now their story is amazing because the way it happened you can tell that it was God (yes the Almighty One you are already trying to lose your trust in) who made it happen and they couldn't take the glory for themselves.

They tried everything known to mankind, having s. e. x when wifey was ovulating, IVF etc etc. But it seems the moment they relaxed and just let all the stressing go (by stressing I mean the s. e. x on a time table, doing the whole IVF thing) wifey took in.

Adoption is another option, it might be too early for that but it's worth considering if you want a child so badly. It seems to me like a lot of christians want to have their way with God. We practically give him a time table of when we want to have children, at what age we want to get married and the list goes on and then we expect Him to fall into line and work with our plans and time table.

But pls remeber that God is not a magician or some magic wand we can pull out of our pockets and ask to do our bidding. Whatever happened to Your will and not mine be done, after sincerely expressing your heart desires to Him.

I hope you can relate to the message here.
Re: Waiting Period by dayokanu(m): 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2011
God be with you in this trying time
Re: Waiting Period by jejely: 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2011
Poster, there is this thread in the Health section ''Trying to conceive a child, TTC''. it is very informative and it was started by a poster who had been married for a while and had some miscarriages. I think you should check it out.
Cheers.
Re: Waiting Period by r231(m): 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2011
Re: Waiting Period by Titto(f): 7:27pm On Aug 12, 2011
r231:

have you tried IVF
IVF at this stage? Tell me you are joking, right?

@OP Just like other people have said, let your husband check himself out too cos you can never tell where the delay is coming from.  If everything is fine both of you should try relax and enjoy yourselves and it will happen when you least expected, I am saying this out of experience as I had to wait 7years + after marriage.  God will suprise your family and add to you very soon IJN.
Re: Waiting Period by r231(m): 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2011
Titto:

IVF at this stage? Tell me you are joking, right?

@OP Just like other people have said, let your husband check himself out too cos you can never tell where the delay is coming from.  If everything is fine both of you should try relax and enjoy yourselves and it will happen when you least expected, I am saying this out of experience as I had to wait 7years + after marriage.  God will suprise your family and add to you very soon IJN.

I don't know. . . . just saying

btw, at what stage do you consider IVF
Re: Waiting Period by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2011
Re: Waiting Period by Titto(f): 8:22pm On Aug 12, 2011
r231:

I don't know. . . . just saying

btw, at what stage do you consider IVF

My brother, I thank God I didn't have to consider IVF, it was IUI that did the trick o.  IVF is a much more complex and expensive process, not sure how long I would have had to save to be able to afford that.
Re: Waiting Period by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 12, 2011
@ Poster

Having kids soon after marriage is. grossly over rated . . . . Trust me!

Why don't you relax, enjoy yourself, enjoy your husband and trust God that your baby will come when he decides is best.
Re: Waiting Period by OAM4J: 12:15am On Aug 13, 2011
Ujujoan:

@ Poster

Why don't you relax,  enjoy yourself, enjoy your husband and trust God that your baby will come when he decides is best.

As much as i want to agree with you that it is overrated, it is not so easy living through it in Nigeria.

@OP

relax, I know a lot of people who have been through similar challenge and today are proud parents of many children. You too will will conceive and have children.
Re: Waiting Period by r231(m): 11:46am On Aug 13, 2011
Titto:

My brother, I thank God I didn't have to consider IVF, it was IUI that did the trick o.  IVF is a much more complex and expensive process, not sure how long I would have had to save to be able to afford that.

now whats IUI again
Re: Waiting Period by ifyalways(f): 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2011
How old is the OP undecided
Re: Waiting Period by waladis(m): 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2011
@ifyalways: nice question, if you are talking about the age of the poster.
Re: Waiting Period by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 14, 2011
Ujujoan:

@ Poster

Why don't you relax, enjoy yourself, enjoy your husband and trust God that your baby will come when he decides is best.

I wish you gave me this advise a long time ago. I for put the implant that will stop me from catching goal for atleast 5 yrs. cry cry
Re: Waiting Period by cuteruth(f): 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2011
It is well my sister, God knows everything and in his own time He will Do all things well All u need to do is; Pray in Unity with ur Husband, Have Faith, Praise God for who He is, Psalm 127 vs 3. Try and Gget the book Titled YOU SHALL NOT BE BARREN authored by David Oyedepo. It is well and the Lord will Comfort uuuuuuuuu.
Re: Waiting Period by Outstrip(f): 11:39pm On Aug 14, 2011
cuteruth:

It is well my sister, God knows everything and in his own time He will Do all things well All u need to do is; Pray in Unity with your Husband, Have Faith, Praise God for who He is, Psalm 127 vs 3. Try and Gget the book Titled YOU SHALL NOT BE BARREN authored by David Oyedepo. It is well and the Lord will Comfort uuuuuuuuu.

She does not need that book. She is not barren. I find the name of that book offensive especially for a woman who has only been trying for two years. I am sure every Nigerian woman who has been married 5 months and is nto pregnant will run out and buy the book.
Re: Waiting Period by cuteruth(f): 9:41am On Aug 15, 2011
When we read books, we get more Insight.  I did not call her Barren, and Would never call Her dat. Psalm 40 vs 1, I only gave an opinion in which everyone is entitled to.
Re: Waiting Period by ifyalways(f): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2011
waladis:

@ifyalways: nice question, if you are talking about the age of the poster.
Yes,exactly what I meant.She could be 37 and married for 2 years undecided

(1) (Reply)

Change Of Name, How Do I Go About It / When Did U Stop Bedwetting? / New Born Baby Found In Dustbin In Enugu (photo) ...sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.