Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,004 members, 7,863,630 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:56 PM

Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! (15446 Views)

Where Does One Go In Lagos To Submit CV Physically / Share Your Experience Physically Going To Submit Your C.v In A Company / Isn't This The Best Answer On Why You’re Leaving Your Current Workplace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Billionaireboy1: 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:
I've never worked in an office and my workers work from home

Al I do is, I give them tasks, they deliver within the stipulated time and I pay them at the agreed time

Why would I spend money renting an office and having to transport myself to the place everyday when I can do everything at home

Edit: I know most jobs can't be done from home. I'm a blogger and I have people writing for me from different parts of Nigeria. I'm not talking against renting offices, I just used myself as an example, what works for me might not work for you.

I'm a phenomenal and sophisticated writer!
hit me up.

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by RepoMan007: 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2022
Patriottt:
I sense laziness..
This isn't about laziness but about striking the right balance between productive activity, none productive ones and final result.
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by easzypeaszy(m): 3:53pm On Sep 22, 2022
Patriottt:
I sense laziness..
Oga u no serious
I got an offer in Ajah wt 90k
I wl wake up 5am to resume 8:30am close 5pm den get home 9pm or 10pm if work plenty for office
2400 trasnport daily
I can actually do d job from home infact using my fone
You dey talk trash
Do u think leavin Benin dat u cn go frm one end to the other in 30mins and pay 150 we talkin about here
My friend go back sleep

1 Like

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Tgb1: 4:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
Yeah
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by 2Radii: 4:12pm On Sep 22, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:

Al I do is, I give them tasks, they deliver within the stipulated time and I pay them at the agreed time

Why would I spend money renting an office and having to transport myself to the place everyday when I can do everything at home

Edit: I know most jobs can't be done from home. I'm a blogger and I have people writing for me from different parts of Nigeria. I'm not talking against renting offices, I just used myself as an example, what works for me might not work for you.
So as a blogger, were u supposed to rent an office before??
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Focusmind: 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2022
The comfort, freedom and health benefits of working from home made me to resign from my job and went solo. It has not been easy but I am enjoying the comfort of working at my own pace.

2 Likes

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by ettekamba1: 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2022
reason some have two homes. people from Ogun state move close to their office on Mondays and return on Fridays.
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by madjune(m): 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2022
Working from home is good but once Madam start cooking in the kitchen and I perceive that sweet, ofe Nsala soup aroma in the air...

Something takes over.
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Johnboom: 4:55pm On Sep 22, 2022
sleek214:
With you. I stopped my govt 8-3 job and started my own stuff just after the covid lockdown. That's the best decision I've taken so far in my life. I've moved many steps forward from Where i used to be
Which work are you doing ?
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:55pm On Sep 22, 2022
harbayo20:
Like literally, who would still want to be choked up in early morning traffic/hold up in Lagos or Abuja if there's an opportunity to work from home?
We should be concerned about HOW we work and not necessarily WHERE we work from.
Who's with me?

Not everywhere. I worked for a while in Nasarawa before moving to Lagos. You'll see bankers still hosting with you by 7:30 when work is supposed to resume by 8

Include the location in your title, so that we know it doesn't apply everywhere
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Karleb(m): 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2022
HRs will not like this thread.
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by anslemarinze52(m): 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:

You mind to employ me.... though I don't know Much about blogging but with Your tutor I can be so useful to You
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by remsonik(f): 5:09pm On Sep 22, 2022
It's only for Lagos that's its not worth it, in other towns and cities within Nigeria where I can wake up by 7am and get to work before 8am I still prefer to go to the office daily.
Its just the stress in Lagos that's much but even at that not all jobs can be done from home. I got a job offer to work 3 days remotely and 2 days physically and after a few weeks it has to be changed to on site working cos we would need interactions with the organizations customers and clients. May God help us
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by DollarBuddy: 5:18pm On Sep 22, 2022
Idiotmod:
But Nigeria neighbors will tag someone as yahoo yahoo if dey don’t find you going somewhere in the morning and coming back at night

Exactly the issue I'm facing in my compound now. During one of our monthly meetings, my compound neighbors said don't see me leave the house in the morning, and when they are returning from their various offices, they see at home welcoming them,where do I work?

When I told them my house is my office, if you see the kind of looks they gave themselves enh grin grin

Now, I'm plotting to start building my private property maybe later next year.

Naija is really needs emancipation. I work from home, and I'm loving it.

After all, there is nothing sweeter than earning in pounds and dollars.

#ProudlyBlogger
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Zedoo(m): 5:20pm On Sep 22, 2022
Patriottt:
I sense laziness..

Suffer merchant. Why not go back to riding horses too... why you dey even use phone.
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Lionnation: 5:24pm On Sep 22, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:

I want to work for you please
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Whois(m): 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2022
Boss you get the village girl time o grin to her kind, suffering and more suffering is normal to them. If you check well na them dey support APC/Tinubu 100/hundred

VeryWickedMan:
OP Rozross disagrees with you.
Suffering & archaic mentality is encoded in her DNA.
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 22, 2022
sleek214:
With you. I stopped my govt 8-3 job and started my own stuff just after the covid lockdown. That's the best decision I've taken so far in my life. I've moved many steps forward from Where i used to be
a little insight about that?
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by JaskanFactor: 6:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
harbayo20:
Like literally, who would still want to be choked up in early morning traffic/hold up in Lagos or Abuja if there's an opportunity to work from home?
We should be concerned about HOW we work and not necessarily WHERE we work from.
Who's with me?

Its not just the commute that should make it better to work from home.
Its also much of the toxic energy of hanging around people who are energy vampires at work, people who like to feel good by putting others down. You will avoid some of that toxic energy when you work from home.

people are so toxic in this debased world right now that i won't advice my enemy to go for a career where you are locked in room with strangers all day. Its not such a big problem in the morning when folks are still fresh, but as fatigue sets in in afternoon office becomes a dangerous place to be.
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Bahddo(m): 8:27pm On Sep 22, 2022
DropsMic:
Working from home is not as sweet as people cut it out to be.. I can’t even remember the last time I had a conversation with a human other than my girl who comes around once in a while and the lady who buys me groceries.. It’s a very miserable life.
that's because you don't have a life outside of work, not because you aren't going to the office.

Secular work should take care of your financial needs not your social and emotional needs.
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by damo2014(m): 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:

Good evening, I will like to be a member of that bloggers' family. I am a content writer too

Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by CaptainFM1: 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2022
harbayo20:
Who's with me?

When the Blue and Red train start working in Lagos next year, I'm sure the stress on the road will reduce.

Also state government need to put heavy road tax on private car owners, that way they will use more of the pubic transport system provided. The problem with a city like Lagos is almost everybody wants to put their vehicle on the road.

You can bet it, when the cost of running your private vehicle is quite huge, many people would use the public transportation.
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Blessingify(f): 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2022
Good evening, I will like to be a member of that bloggers' family. I am a content writer too

How do I reach you Please
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by TalkTalkTwins(m): 11:13pm On Sep 22, 2022
A friend doing something similar has an office where his workers meet to write for him
He offers them WiFi and light to power their laptops
2Radii:
So as a blogger, were u supposed to rent an office before??
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by phemmyfour: 4:30am On Sep 23, 2022
harbayo20:
Who's with me?
It won't work in this part of the world. They govt, your boss and your neighbor will see you as a lazy person
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Legendguy(m): 5:15am On Sep 23, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:

Edit: I know most jobs can't be done from home. I'm a blogger and have people writing for me from different parts of Nigeria. I'm not talking against renting offices; I just used myself as an example; what works for me might not work for you.

Good morning, I would like to join your writing force team
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Anaya4life: 5:58am On Sep 23, 2022
harbayo20:
Who's with me?

I think the issue is the availability of such opportunities. Personally been looking for how to work from home gradually. Alot of them dont give Nigerian access to such platforms....the other option is tech, and I nor sabi am
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Advertplug(m): 7:51am On Sep 23, 2022
It depends on what your business is. A blogger probably doesn’t need an office. For businesses that require an office, a hybrid system works best. People can come in twice or thrice a week. So much time, energy and creativity is wasted in traffic particularly in Lagos.
Re: Why Physically Commuting To Office Everyday Isn't Worth The Stress! by Juicethekid: 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2022
TalkTalkTwins:

Can I work for you sir? I am a writer with years of experience

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Consolidated Breweries Senior Sales Officer Test On 19th July / Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. / How To Apply For Graduate Management Trainee At Biswal Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.