Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . (2291 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Baraac(f): 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2011
Adeboye at UN, charts path to peace in Middle East .

Culled from The Guardian of 22/06/11

PEACE in the Middle East would remain a mirage without God’s involvement, as all involved in the process must get down
on their knees to pray and cryPastor Adeboye out in supplication to the Creator of the Universe, General Overseer, Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has said.

Adeboye stated this on Monday when he opened a “Global Summit on The Road Map to a Culture of Peace in the Middle East” at the United Nations (UN).

The summit, co-chaired by the prominent Nigerian cleric, was attended by religious leaders from different faiths from around the world and aimed to develop a model road map agreement for the Middle East with the intention to succeed where politicians and other world leaders have so far failed.

Explaining the need for prayers on the Mid East crisis, Adeboye said in his opening speech: “All human efforts without the backing of the Almighty God will end in failure. These are tasks beyond human abilities to accomplish, that is why you, highly esteemed religious leaders who believe in the efficacy of prayers, must come together in prayers and supplication.”

According to the cleric, God’s intervention is the only way to have peace in the Middle East “in our own time and in the time of generations yet unborn.”

Adeboye stated: “We have gathered here for the first time, senior religious leaders of the Abrahamic faiths, academic leaders and parliamentarians, to try and implement a partnership and plan of action to create a global resource to cope with these issues and to inspire the future generation to promote peace and universal values.”

The General Overseer of the RCCG worldwide was joined by several other global religious leaders, including the Grand Mufti of Bosnia Herzegovina, Dr. Mustafa Ceric, the Grand Rabbi of Geneva Rabbi Dayan, and prominent Islamic leaders from Arab countries like the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Turkey, Pakistan etc.

Also at the summit were Nigerian Deputy Permanent Representative to the UN, Ambassador Raff Bukun-Onemola, Prof. Joseph Cumming, a Yale Professor of Faith and Culture, Adeboye’s wife, Pastor Folu, Vice Chancellor, Redeemers University for Nations (RUN), Prof. Oyewale Tomori and the leader of the RCCG in North America, Pastor James Fadele, among others.

Under the auspices of the Inter-parliamentary Coalition for Global Ethics, the summit was sponsored by King Mohammed VI of Morocco, and the Fundacion Cultural de Paz, while the Mission of Bosnia & Herzegovina to the United Nations and Pastor Adeboye were the co-hosts.
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Baraac(f): 3:05pm On Aug 13, 2011
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2011
I wouldnt be suprised at all if all turns out well at the end. PASTOR EA Adeboye carrys in him the full embodiments of the Spirit and power of God. I doubt if any man of God controls such a crowd similar to what i saw at the Holy ghost convention camp ground last night. The Executive gov of Ogun state Sen Ibikunle Amosu, whos a muslim can on stage to testify to the power of God being manifested in Papa Adeboye and through him. Bishop Oyedepo himself cant hide his feelings in the expression of Joy.

After the death of my pastor, Papa adeboye is one of few i listen more often these days
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by 4good(m): 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2011
I agree with you man. May God use him to draw all of us closer to Himself in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by PastorKun(m): 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2011
@Toba
You still here idolizing another MOG after your late pastor who you idolised so much was proven to be a chronic womaniser and a hypocrite after his death. You better stop following men and follow christ instead.
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 13, 2011
Pastor Kun:

@Toba
You still here idolizing another MOG after your late pastor who you idolised so much was proven to be a chronic womaniser and a hypocrite after his death. You better stop following men and follow christ instead.
Smdh at this response. is there any part of my post that suggests i was idolizing any man of God? U have to know the difference between love and idolizing. Theres nothing wrong in loving, respecting and revering human being. I dont regard mere mortal more than the immortal being. BTW who told u that my Pastor was a womanizer? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by 4good(m): 4:13pm On Aug 13, 2011
@ Pastor Kun

Please, when we pass comment we should be careful and simple enough with choice of words. As much as possible we should not sleight any servant of God in any style. We should rather try and read people's motive for speaking. Honour should be given to who Honour is due. Please let him praise God as he has observed in His servant. I dont see any idolizing issue here. However I appreciate your comment also. HOW CLOSE ARE YOU AND I TO JESUS?.This should bother us more. Remain blessed.
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Overhaul: 4:13pm On Aug 13, 2011
Baraac:

PEACE in the Middle East would remain a mirage without God’s involvement, as all involved in the process must get down
on their knees to pray and cryPastor Adeboye out in supplication to the Creator of the Universe, General Overseer, Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has said.

Adeboye stated this on Monday when he opened a “Global Summit on The Road Map to a Culture of Peace in the Middle East” at the United Nations (UN).

The summit, co-chaired by the prominent Nigerian cleric, was attended by religious leaders from different faiths from around the world and aimed to develop a model road map agreement for the Middle East with the intention to succeed where politicians and other world leaders have so far failed.

Explaining the need for prayers on the Mid East crisis, Adeboye said in his opening speech: “All human efforts without the backing of the Almighty God will end in failure. These are tasks beyond human abilities to accomplish, that is why you, highly esteemed religious leaders who believe in the efficacy of prayers, must come together in prayers and supplication.”

According to the cleric, God’s intervention is the only way to have peace in the Middle East “in our own time and in the time of generations yet unborn.”

Adeboye stated: “We have gathered here for the first time, senior religious leaders of the Abrahamic faiths, academic leaders and parliamentarians, to try and implement a partnership and plan of action to create a global resource to cope with these issues and to inspire the future generation to promote peace and universal values.”

The General Overseer of the RCCG worldwide was joined by several other global religious leaders, including the Grand Mufti of Bosnia Herzegovina, Dr. Mustafa Ceric, the Grand Rabbi of Geneva Rabbi Dayan, and prominent Islamic leaders from Arab countries like the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Turkey, Pakistan etc.

Also at the summit were Nigerian Deputy Permanent Representative to the UN, Ambassador Raff Bukun-Onemola, Prof. Joseph Cumming, a Yale Professor of Faith and Culture, Adeboye’s wife, Pastor Folu, Vice Chancellor, Redeemers University for Nations (RUN), Prof. Oyewale Tomori and the leader of the RCCG in North America, Pastor James Fadele, among others.

Under the auspices of the Inter-parliamentary Coalition for Global Ethics, the summit was sponsored by King Mohammed VI of Morocco, and the Fundacion Cultural de Paz, while the Mission of Bosnia & Herzegovina to the United Nations and Pastor Adeboye were the co-hosts.

toba:

I wouldnt be suprised at all if all turns out well at the end. PASTOR EA Adeboye carrys in him the full embodiments of the Spirit and power of God. I doubt if any man of God controls  shocked shocked shocked such a crowd similar to what i saw at the Holy ghost convention camp ground last night. The Executive gov of Ogun state Sen Ibikunle Amosu, whos a muslim can on stage to testify to the power of God being manifested in Papa Adeboye and through him. Bishop Oyedepo himself cant hide his feelings in the expression of Joy.

After the death of my pastor, Papa adeboye is one of few i listen more often these days

@OP@^
SMH
Delusion of grandeur and false hope. The Middle East is a perpetual war zone and there will not be peace there or elsewhere on earth until Jesus comes back

2 Timothy 4:3-4
3For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear
4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths

1 Thessalonians 5:1-3
1Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you,
2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
3While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 13, 2011
Overhaul:

@OP@^
SMH
Delusion of grandeur and false hope. The Middle East is a perpetual war zone and there will not be peace there or elsewhere on earth until Jesus comes back

SMDH at this response once again. So we should not try to broker peace in the world any longer right? Wow this is interesting. What kind of bible do u read?
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by 4good(m): 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2011
@ Overhaul
SMH

2 Timothy 4:3-4
3For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear
4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths

1 Thessalonians 5:1-3
1Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you,
2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
3While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

I pray that we know God more than we all presently do. Then we will be more careful how we comment on people putting their faith to work. Luke 1:37. To him that believes ALL things are possible  Mark 9:23. I have learnt that our God is a DYNAMIC God (There is no searching of His understanding Isa 40:28). You've got to be open-minded in order to get the very best of Him. He can chose to do completely different from what you are used to - ALL TO HIS GLORY. There is no limit to what He can, and will do, whether written or unwritten. That is why HE IS THE CALLED THE SOVEREIGN GOD. If Jacob name could be changed, Dry bones could live again, the red sea could part, then _____,  Check out what God said to Sarah in Gen 18:14, Remember how God refused to destroy the people of Nineve contrary to the prediction and expectation of His servant - Jonah according to God's earlier instructions. All I'm saying is WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. THAT'S WHY HE IS GOD.
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Overhaul: 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2011
Baraac:

toba:

SMDH at this response once again. So we should not try to broker peace in the world any longer right? Wow this is interesting. What kind of bible do u read?

4good:

@ Overhaul
I pray that we know God more than we all presently do. Then we will be more careful how we comment on people putting their faith to work. Luke 1:37. To him that believes ALL things are possible  Mark 9:23. I have learnt that our God is a DYNAMIC God (There is no searching of His understanding Isa 40:28). You've got to be open-minded in order to get the very best of Him. He can chose to do completely different from what you are used to - ALL TO HIS GLORY. There is no limit to what He can, and will do, whether written or unwritten. That is why HE IS THE CALLED THE SOVEREIGN GOD. If Jacob name could be changed, Dry bones could live again, the red sea could part, then _____,  Check out what God said to Sarah in Gen 18:14, Remember how God refused to destroy the people of Nineve contrary to the prediction and expectation of His servant - Jonah according to God's earlier instructions. All I'm saying is WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. THAT'S WHY HE IS GOD.

@toba @4good

Money sure dulls senses. Kerching! Money, money changeth hand? Loadsamoney?

Do not live in a chalk and cheese paradise. The intermediary is The Prince of Peace. The system or the world is whacked there will be no sustainable peace in the Middle East or on earth for that matter until Jesus returns. However those that have made peace with God have no cause to fear because though a thousand falls at their side, though ten thousand are dying around them, these evils will not touch them.

Jeremiah 23:32
I'm against those who prophesy dreams they made up," declares the LORD.
"They tell the dreams they made up and lead my people astray with their lies and their wild talk.
I didn't send them or command them to go.
They don't help these people at all," declares the LORD.

"What's The Colour Of Money" by Hollywood Beyond

Dull my senses
Steal my pride
Principles denied

Passion faked and sold to the anthem green and gold.
Colour of the virtue by working like a slave

More precious than life? itself

What's the colour tempting fate?

What's the colour of money
What's the colour of money?
Don't tell me that you think it's green,
me I know it's red.

Don't tell me that you think it's green,
me I know it's red!

Dull my senses
Steal my pride
Principles denied

What was a useful tool
has taken our control?

It takes away your hearts and wraps it up around your soul.
what's the colour of money? . . .

I know it's red
I know it's red!

Dull my senses
Steal my pride
Principles denied

Colour of the virtue by working like a slave

More precious than life itself
Familiarity breeds contempt.
What's the colour of money? . . .
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by PastorKun(m): 5:59pm On Aug 13, 2011
I dey laugh, Adeboye has not been able to resolve the numerous crisis troubling rccg were he is revered or even correct the several false doctrines they preach in his cult yet he wants to go and resolve crisis in the middle east were he is not recognised and he is at best considered an infidel.
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by PastorKun(m): 6:02pm On Aug 13, 2011
I dey laugh, Adeboye has not been able to resolve the numerous crisis troubling rccg were is is revered or even correct the several false doctrines they preach in his cult yet he wants to go and resolve crisis in the middle east were he is not recognised and he is at best considered an infidel.
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Zodiac61(m): 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2011
One can now confirm that the GO is a joke.
Nigeria is in a very sorry state, Adeboye has been praying to god for decades and Nigeria gets worse everyday.
Where has god been? Certainly not interested.
How is he going to solve the Middle East problem?
Isn't god responsible for the problem in the first place.
Why hasn't he solved the problem before now?
How many more people must die before he feels the need to intervene?
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by ogajim(m): 1:43am On Aug 14, 2011
Isn't this what they call the "ecumenical movement"(ecumenism)?

Didn't the Bible say in 2 Corinthians 6:14

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

We must TRUST God ONLY.
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Joagbaje(m): 5:33am On Aug 14, 2011
Zodiac61:

One can now confirm that the GO is a joke.
Nigeria is in a very sorry state, Adeboye has been praying to god for decades and Nigeria gets worse everyday.
Where has god been? Certainly not interested.

Says who?. Nigeria is taking shape dude. There is more accountability, more power to judiciary, more action governors ,the list goes on.
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Baraac(f): 8:33am On Aug 14, 2011
@pastor Kun, o
or what do u call yourself, devil incarnate
u must be the greatest fool of the century. How dare u talk to a MOG, I pity you. you are bringing great curse upon yourself. mark it. believe it. what a man sows shall he surely reap. Mere Jealousy shouldn't make you to talk carelessly.
shame on you.
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Image123(m): 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2011
How about faith that God would forgive the devil and forget all these hell fire stuff, since everything is possible if he believes. When would people learn that some things have already been written for our learning?
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by LoveKing(m): 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2011
so pastor adeboye believes in inter-faith, what would John the baptist say?
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by 4good(m): 5:35pm On Aug 15, 2011
@ the moderator of NL Mr Seun
I want to recommend that either people's highest level of education(or qualification) OR agegoup be shown each time they start a trend or respond to any trend so that we can know who to answer, how to answer and who to ignore. This is very necessary as I have noticed that some posts on this site are either from unlearned, hooligans, touts, and immature, even immature citizens of our society. I dont like arguing or reasoning with fools but it is like nairaland has given some unwise folks who are not ready to learn the opportunity to disguise as if they have anything to offer, thereby wasting the precious times of intelligent and God-fearing nairalanders. Please, Mr Seun, Let us all update our profile to include our Age-group, Highest level of Education, and perhaps Occupation and let at least one of these reflect in every post from everyone. Thanks.
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by ogajim(m): 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2011
4good:

I want to recommend that either people's highest level of education(or qualification) OR agegoup be shown each time they start a [b]trend or respond to any trend so that we can know who to answer, how to answer and who to ignore. This is very necessary as I have noticed that some posts on this site are either from unlearned, hooligans, touts, and immature, even immature citizens of our society. I dont like arguing or reasoning with fools but it is like nairaland has given some unwise folks who are not ready to learn the opportunity to disguise as if they have anything to offer, thereby wasting the precious times of intelligent and God-fearing nairalanders. Please, Mr Seun, Let us all update our profile to include our Age-group, Highest level of Education, and perhaps Occupation and let at least one of these reflect in every post from everyone. Thanks.[/b]

How about starting the whole full disclosure stuff by "educating" us how a thread became a "trend" on NL?

Nigeria and censorship!, The internet is removing that barriers and it is obvious a lot of folks don't like that, "touch not my anointed" will be thrown next, you're calling someone brown teeth only for your black teeth to show face, go sit down jare!
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 15, 2011
4good:

I want to recommend that either people's highest level of education(or qualification) OR agegoup be shown each time they start a trend or respond to any trend so that we can know who to answer, how to answer and who to ignore. This is very necessary as I have noticed that some posts on this site are either from unlearned, hooligans, touts, and immature, even immature citizens of our society. I dont like arguing or reasoning with fools but it is like nairaland has given some unwise folks who are not ready to learn the opportunity to disguise as if they have anything to offer, thereby wasting the precious times of intelligent and God-fearing nairalanders. Please, Mr Seun, Let us all update our profile to include our Age-group, Highest level of Education, and perhaps Occupation and let at least one of these reflect in every post from everyone. Thanks.
LWKMD. Dude u take things too serious. Nairaland = Dramaland as far as im concerned. Learn to accept whatever u see or read here without  getting too agitated or personal even though u may not be in support of it
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by 4good(m): 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2011
@ Toba
LWKMD. Dude u take things too serious. Nairaland = Dramaland as far as im concerned. Learn to accept whatever u see or read here without getting too agitated or personal even though u may not be in support of it

I think you made a great sense there.
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by PastorKun(m): 7:21pm On Aug 15, 2011
@baraac
You have just displayed that you are a hypocritical daft moro.n how dare you speak to a MOG like that? Do you realise you are heaping curses on your wretched soul? Ode buruku angry
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Joagbaje(m): 5:37am On Aug 16, 2011
Image123:

How about faith that God would forgive the devil and forget all these hell fire stuff, since everything is possible if he believes. When would people learn that some things have already been written for our learning?

Are you making reference to the UN conference? I don't really get your point.
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Image123(m): 6:27pm On Aug 16, 2011
^
i'm responding to quotes/thoughts like below
4good:

@ Overhaul
4good:

@ Overhaul
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2011
ogajim:

Isn't this what they call the "ecumenical movement"(ecumenism)?

Overhaul:

@toba @4good

Money sure dulls senses. Kerching! Money, money changeth hand? Loadsamoney?

Do not live in a chalk and cheese paradise. The intermediary is The Prince of Peace. The system or the world is whacked there will be no sustainable peace in the Middle East or on earth for that matter until Jesus returns. However those that have made peace with God have no cause to fear because though a thousand falls at their side, though ten thousand are dying around them, these evils will not touch them.

Jeremiah 23:32
I'm against those who prophesy dreams they made up," declares the LORD.
"They tell the dreams they made up and lead my people astray with their lies and their wild talk.
I didn't send them or command them to go.
They don't help these people at all," declares the LORD.

Perfect answer to the nonsense on this GO's prayer. Just more proof that these men have lost the true spirit of God. If they had, they would long have known that no amount of prayer can change what God has already ordained from the begining.
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Baraac(f): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2011
@pastor Kun,
so you are one of the fake people on nairaland,
pastor don't talk like u, go and have a change of life and be born again
Re: Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . by Overhaul: 4:57pm On Aug 26, 2011
Pictures Of UN Office Bomb Blast In Abuja today 26 08 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-745085.0.html#msg9011370

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/reutersworldnews-1695328/blast-at-un-building-in-nigeria-26430768.html

and pfft, here is gallivanting to the Middle East whilst backyard is in piece(s)

2009 - Adeboye Prays At UN Headquarters
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-322690.0.html

2011 - Pastor Adeboye (the GO) At UN, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East 
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-734909.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Did Jesus Really Descend To Hell After Death According To The Apostles Creed? / Smith Wigglesworth Turns Water Into Petrol / Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.