Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,229 members, 7,849,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:23 AM

The Controversy Of Wearing Troussers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Controversy Of Wearing Troussers (768 Views)

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest / The Controversy Of The Preaching Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Controversy Of Wearing Troussers by Godmother(f): 9:15pm On Aug 13, 2011
My friend's sister has stopped wearing trousers without her husband's knowledge. She is afraid she will go to hell is she continues.
Re: The Controversy Of Wearing Troussers by PA1982(f): 7:28am On Aug 14, 2011
Why would she go to Hell for wearing tousers?
Re: The Controversy Of Wearing Troussers by Joagbaje(m): 10:13am On Aug 14, 2011
If she is comfortable with skirts ,she should stick with them, but nothing is wrong with women wearing trousers.So long as they are women trousers because a mans trouser will look odd on a woman
Re: The Controversy Of Wearing Troussers by PA1982(f): 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2011
What does that mean?
Aren't jeans made for men and women alike? Don't most Asian women wear trousers of some type?
Why would a woman go to Hell for wearing trousers?
Who would be foolish enough to think such a thing?
Re: The Controversy Of Wearing Troussers by Godmother(f): 7:44pm On Aug 14, 2011
I tire o. The way she is carrying this her own born-again thing is tiring. She tried stopping make-up but her hubby gave her some serious warning. We are all christians, but a man is still a man. I just pray she doesnt push her hubby out sha
Re: The Controversy Of Wearing Troussers by tpia5: 6:10am On Aug 15, 2011
^^didnt you start a thread saying you never got a proposal yet?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=735101.msg8922039#msg8922039

have you gotten one now?

seriously, this internet is a two edged sword.

if you were serious about what you were saying in that thread, then you're really not being proactive about getting a man. Or getting someone who is husband material.

for example, if you dont have anyone who could hook you up personally, then you could have at least opened a thread in dating section detailing your request, instead of coming here to chatter about someone's husband being stolen because she doesnt wear trousers.

seriously, is this attitude for real?

i mean, i do like to give folks the benefit of the doubt but why do they keep proving me wrong.
Re: The Controversy Of Wearing Troussers by Godmother(f): 7:54am On Aug 15, 2011
^^^Are you for real?
Do you have a problem understanding threads ?If you do lemme break it down for you. Since you are obviously[b] slow[/b].
Firstly the two threads are not related in any way.

The first thread is not about me not having a man cos I got one already. Its a discussion on women who havent been proposed to.
This thread is me pointing out that someone is choosing to change her lifestyle against her man's wishes because she is afraid she will go to hell.
Lastly, I dont give a da mn about proving you right or otherwise.
Your opinion means less than two kobo to me.
I'm only replying your post cos its so silly it makes me laugh otherwise I would have ignored you since that's what your post deserves
Re: The Controversy Of Wearing Troussers by PA1982(f): 8:10am On Aug 15, 2011
Godmother wrote:

I tire o. The way she is carrying this her own born-again thing is tiring. She tried stopping make-up but her hubby gave her some serious warning. We are all christians, but a man is still a man. I just pray she doesnt push her hubby out sha

You're saying her husband demanded she use make-up?
What sort of a bully is that?
Hmmm.
Sounds to me as though she's found 'true happiness' in her new church.
Re: The Controversy Of Wearing Troussers by Godmother(f): 8:44am On Aug 15, 2011
No, what I'm saying is that she has been using make-up all her life. She dated her hubby five years and all this time wore make-up, all of a sudden she is making some radical changes to herself that her husband is not too please with. And they have always attended the same churches, even while dating. Thats where they met. And she hasnt changed church, just found a new pastor that she goes to from time to time who is telling her that wearing make-up and trousers will take her to hell
Re: The Controversy Of Wearing Troussers by PA1982(f): 9:09am On Aug 15, 2011
The challenge of marriage is that people change.
They change ideas and tastes and beliefs.
It's clear this lady is going one way and her husband doesn't like it.
Good luck to them both.

And I wouldn't worry unless the new pastor starts offering some 'hands on' healing sessions. undecided
Re: The Controversy Of Wearing Troussers by tpia5: 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2011
Godmother:

^^^Are you for real?
Do you have a problem understanding threads ?If you do lemme break it down for you. Since you are obviously[b] slow[/b].
Firstly the two threads are not related in any way.

The first thread is not about me not having a man cos I got one already. Its a discussion on women who havent been proposed to.
This thread is me pointing out that someone is choosing to change her lifestyle against her man's wishes because she is afraid she will go to hell.
Lastly, I dont give a da mn about proving you right or otherwise.
Your opinion means less than two kobo to me.
I'm only replying your post cos its so silly it makes me laugh otherwise I would have ignored you since that's what your post deserves

you'd better go through that thread of yours again and reread what you wrote.

eg

I'm not desperate though, just wondering.
I mean, I meet girls who have had like one or two proposals in their lives!!

ETC ETC. Not interested in going over details with you.

but i guess we're seeing why you're having problems getting proposals. undecided

i think you really need to reassess your priorities because the same men in your locality who you say arent proposing to you, are the ones non-nigerian women are flying in to meet and marry right there in nigeria.

at this rate, you might resort to getting a "yeast" man, i dont doubt.
Re: The Controversy Of Wearing Troussers by tpia5: 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2011
@ topic

if the husband tells the wife to resume using makeup, wearing trousers, etc, or whatever she was doing before, she better start doing it.

the bible itself says a woman's husband can invalidate a vow she made, and neither does any scripture support defying your husband in such a manner.

if the man is ok with it, fine, but if he's not, then put it on the back burner.
Re: The Controversy Of Wearing Troussers by PA1982(f): 9:27am On Aug 16, 2011
tpia, could you cite chapter and verse for what you've just written there, please?

the bible itself says a woman's husband can invalidate a vow she made, and neither does any scripture support defying your husband in such a manner.

I ask because the bible itself also states a woman shouldn't adorn herself, doesn't it?

(1) (Reply)

In The Bible The 'Lord' Is Satan! / “lord, To Whom Shall We Go? You Have The Words Of Eternal Life. / Ijawkid, Check Out Job 4 Vs 7. No Innocent Person Gets Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.