Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy (95566 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by honorbule(m): 8:12am On Jul 07, 2013
EXCERPTS FROM TODAY'S PAPERS
*THE SUN*
•National overseer in Jamaica removed
•Suspension of couple wrong, Pastor Bakare tells Deeper Life •‘No, couple should have followed church’s tradition,’ say Bishop Chukwuma, others

Pastor William Kumuyi offered to resign as General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church following the controversy that trailed the wedding of his second son, John.

John Kumuyi and his wife, Love had engaged in acts, which negated the church’s tradition during their wedding held in Jamaica on June 15, 2013. Love, who is a daughter of the National Overseer of Deeper Life Bible Church, Jamaica, Pastor Augustine Odih, was dressed in a fitted stylish wedding gown with transparent short sleeves. She also wore makeup, jewelry and carried a bouquet of flowers. The couple cruised in a limousine and had a huge wedding cake.

The misdemeanor, which attracted widespread criticisms, had earned the newlyweds suspension from church activities despite showing remorse and tendering an apology to the church, blaming their misconduct on the fact that both of them had resided abroad for so long.

Sunday Sun gathered that the practice in the Deeper Christian Life Ministry is that if members’ children misbehave, both the children and their parents get punished on the grounds that it’s the parents’ failing in their responsibilities that made the children to err. Although the children involved in the Jamaican wedding infraction are adults, the leadership of the church regarded their action as a strong breach of its tradition, and immediately removed the bride’s father, from his position as National Overseer in Jamaica.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/sons-wedding-controversykumuyi-offers-to-resign/
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=552476171480829&set=a.222990231096093.55130.219647158097067
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by texaco1: 8:23am On Jul 07, 2013
why is everyone taking this matter so serious ?the couple did nothing wrong . i guess they are just been haunted by their own people .

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by k2039: 8:30am On Jul 07, 2013
Sunday Sun gathered that the practice in the Deeper Christian Life Ministry is that if members’ children misbehave, both the children and their parents get punished on the grounds that it’s the parents’ failing in their responsibilities that made the children to err. Although the children involved in the Jamaican wedding infraction are adults, the leadership of the church regarded their action as a strong breach of its tradition, and immediately removed the bride’s father, from his position as National Overseer in Jamaica.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander, The General Superintendent should also be removed now.

I guess it's now obvious to the leadership that those who have being punished in time past didn't necessarily raise their kids the way they eventually turned out. I imagine the insults those parents would have taken.

Abeg make them continue with tradition. GS should also be removed

21 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by texaco1: 8:32am On Jul 07, 2013
k2039:
What's good for the goose is good for the gander, The General Superintendent should also be removed now.

I guess it's now obvious to the leadership that those who have being punished in time past didn't necessarily raise their kids the way they eventually turned out. I imagine the insults those parents would have taken.

Abeg make them continue with tradition. GS should also be removed
that law is crazzzy , has it ever been applied before?

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by manmustwac(m): 8:59am On Jul 07, 2013
There's a saying that goes "practice what you preach" which he clearly didn't do & he's supposed to set an example with his children being role models which he clearly did not happen. It just proves that when push comes to shove Pastor William Kumuyi is just a bloody hypocrite like most religious folk & resign? Did I read that he offered to resign? Sorry but african do not do resign O. He must be pretending with his offer to resign

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by plappville(f): 9:03am On Jul 07, 2013
.What is wrong with this Deeper life self, how can they condemned the use of limousine, gold etc on their wedding day.... shocked

Didn't Abraham offers precious gifts to his sons future wife in the bible? Joseph also accepted a gold ring from king Pharoah. The bible does not condemned the use of gold. God's tabernacle was built with gold donated by the people etc....I don't understand the way Africans are taking Christianity.

Gen 24:53
Then the servant brought out gold and silver jewelry and articles of clothing and gave them to Rebekah; he also gave costly gifts to her brother and to her mother.

33 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by texaco1: 9:03am On Jul 07, 2013
plappville: .What is wrong with this Deeper life self, how can they condemned the use of limousine, gold etc on their wedding day.... shocked

Didn't Abraham offers precious gifts to his sons future wife in the bible? Joseph also accepted a gold ring from king Pharoah. The bible does not condemned the use of gold. God's tabernacle was built with gold donated by the people etc....I don't understand the way Africans are taking Christianity.

Gen 24:53
Then the servant brought out gold and silver jewelry and articles of clothing and gave them to Rebekah; he also gave costly gifts to her brother and to her mother.

i wonder ooo.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by plappville(f): 9:08am On Jul 07, 2013

Song of Solomon 1:10 Your cheeks are beautiful with earrings, your neck with strings of jewels.

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by k2039: 9:11am On Jul 07, 2013
manmustwac: There's a saying that goes "practice what you preach" which he clearly didn't do & he's supposed to set an example with his children being role models which he clearly did not happen. It just proves that when push comes to shove Pastor William Kumuyi is just a bloody hypocrite like most religious folk & resign? Did I read that he offered to resign? Sorry but african do not do resign O. He must be pretending with his offer to resign
He may not necessarily be a hypocrite. If he had a son like me, the situation on ground would have been worse and if he had a son like you the situation would have been completely disastrous.

Whatever the father considers modesty doesn't necessarily mean the son has the same conviction, the fact that my parents are christians is not enough reason for me to be one, I have to be convinced personaly that christianity is the real way, so if I decide not to be a christian, it doesn't mean my parents have failed, I just don't see things there way.

My issue with DL is just that I don't know why someone would wake up and say every kid that turns bad weren't raised the right way, this is something that amuses me, the GS would now understand that all kids who turned out to be wayward may not necessarily mean it was as a result of bad parenting..

The GS should be happy he didn't have a son like me, my wife would probably have worn trousers to the wedding ceremony because I see absolutely nothing wrong in puting on trousers for the ladies, Now you get my drift.

60 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 07, 2013
All of them and all of una dey craze.
Wouldn't you all just allow this young couple have fun?

Okay , me too grin

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by kelvin1191(m): 9:32am On Jul 07, 2013
Are we going to call it tradition, custom or belief? They wann make d woman tie wrapper?

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Eleponblue(m): 9:35am On Jul 07, 2013
Imanuelle: All of them and all of una dey craze.
Wouldn't you all just allow this young couple have fun?
even you sef you dey madt!!!!!!!!

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by donem: 9:38am On Jul 07, 2013
Am sorry to say it that Deeper life is one christian denomination which their doctrines pisses me alot, Imagine no celebration of xmas,no plaiting of hair by their ladies,until recently there werent allowed to watch TV, imagine such an enslavement! total BS.

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by MRXELA(m): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2013
plappville:

Song of Solomon 1:10 Your cheeks are beautiful with earrings, your neck with strings of jewels.

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 07, 2013
Eleponblue: even you sef you dey madt!!!!!!!!

sure, you too . grin
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by MRXELA(m): 9:41am On Jul 07, 2013
plappville:

you be beans. who come tell u say them neva come across this cheapter they have their reasons
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Danhumprey: 9:42am On Jul 07, 2013
Seriously,I feel sick reading about this issue. The latest twist is the G.S offering to resign. If he say he would resign,trust me,he would resign but the vacuum that will be left behind would be too big to fill. Why can't we just leave this issue for God to judge?

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by iamswizz(m): 9:43am On Jul 07, 2013
*yawns*

isaiah 61:10

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mesther96(f): 9:54am On Jul 07, 2013
dts nice,afterall my parents were suspended d last tim i wore miniskirt 2 church!

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by texaco1: 9:57am On Jul 07, 2013
m.esther96:
dts nice,afterall my parents were suspended d last tim i wore miniskirt 2 church!
if this statement is true , then i think pastor kumuyi should do the right thing. i am really sad about it though
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by shugacaneman: 9:59am On Jul 07, 2013
Nairaland now s the power to make or maim[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]. Now lets leverage on this to better our nation.

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mesther96(f): 10:02am On Jul 07, 2013
texaco1:
if this statement is true , then i think pastor kumuyi should do the right thing. i am really sad about it though
nt jokin abt it!
im among d then youth choir of d church,bt wt d recent wedding issue,i quit!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by texaco1: 10:26am On Jul 07, 2013
m.esther96:
nt jokin abt it!
what is the reaction of other dl church members to this issue ?and ur friends in the choirs what are they saying about it ?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Danhumprey: 10:29am On Jul 07, 2013
m.esther96:
No,no,no,no. U gotta be kidding me. Tell me you are joking. shocked
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Danhumprey: 10:31am On Jul 07, 2013
m.esther96:
nt jokin abt it!
Wait a minute! Like seriously,you quitted? As in,literally quitting?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Danhumprey: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2013
texaco1:
what is the reaction of other dl church members to this issue ?and ur friends in the choirs what are they saying about it ?
@Texaco1,dis one wey u get serious interest in the matter,I keep wondering if you are a member. Pls,be sincere and tell us,are u a Deeperlifer? Don't deny if u are a member just becos the church is going through a rowdy time.

@M.esther,yes go ahead,tell us how ur fellow choristers are viewing the issue. Remember,am also a member.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by texaco1: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2013
Danhumprey: Wait a minute! Like seriously,you quitted? As in,literally quitting?
i am equally surprised myself

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by texaco1: 10:38am On Jul 07, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
you be baaaaaaddd guy
but no i am not a member
i am just cooling myself off here
happy sunday to you wink

Danhumprey: @Texaco1,dis one wey u get serious interest in the matter,I keep wondering if you are a member. Pls,be sincere and tell us,are u a Deeperlifer? Don't deny if u are a member just becos the church is going through a rowdy time.

@M.esther,yes go ahead,tell us how ur fellow choristers are viewing the issue. Remember,am also a member.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mesther96(f): 10:45am On Jul 07, 2013
im in church right now n d topic of discussion is all about children of prophets in d bible wu misbehaved n r punishd e.g eli

abt aw oda choristers react; i tink we r free 2 choose wat interest us,so dey r left 2 der own interest

as 4 me.i desist 4rm enslavement!sad
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Danhumprey: 10:46am On Jul 07, 2013
texaco1:
grin grin grin grin grin grin
you be baaaaaaddd guy
but no i am not a member
i am just cooling myself off here
happy sunday to you wink

Cooling yourself? Guy,you try o. You no go church?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by texaco1: 10:48am On Jul 07, 2013
m.esther96:
im in church right now n d topic of discussion is all about children of prophets in d bible wu misbehaved n r punishd e.g eli

abt aw oda choristers react; i tink we r free 2 choose wat interest us,so dey r left 2 der own interest

as 4 me.i desist 4rm enslavement!sad
u don start ur own rebel movement already , u are surfing the web during a church service grin grin ,
well i just hope this doesn't lead to the breaking up of deeper life church

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mesther96(f): 10:48am On Jul 07, 2013
[quote
author=donem]Am sorry to say it that Deeper life is one christian
denomination which their doctrines pisses me alot, Imagine no
celebration of xmas,no plaiting of hair by their ladies,until recently
there werent allowed to watch TV, imagine such an enslavement! total
BS.[/quote]get ur points right pls,none of dose tins u wrote abov r true,mayb dts anoda church,nt in deeperlif,abegi!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Share Your Experience With Fetish Friends, Neighbor, Landlord, Co-worker Etc / Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos)