Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller (3267 Views)

UNN Mass Communication Students Glamorously Sign Out After ASUU Strike / One Week After ASUU Suspension Of Strike: Students Yet To Resume / ATBU Circular On The Resumption Of Academic Activities After ASUU Strike. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by AsuuKiller: 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2022
I'm curious what next after if ASUU loses in the appeal court within the following week

A) The initial court order from the industrial court stands

B) They proceed to the Supreme court

C) More appeals would be filled and the whole process repeats itself

D) Your opinion ??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2022
Waw
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by immortalcrown(m): 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2022
What will happen next is ASUU will die if you are a capable Asuukiller. grin
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by budaatum: 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2022
After ASUU loses, if they do, the court can send police to arrest and drag me to the class to come and lecture you for free.

After all, why should I get paid for my educative produce if you can just steal it from me!?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by AsuuKiller: 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2022
immortalcrown:
What will happen next is ASUU will die if you are a capable Asuukiller. grin

Lol FG might "De-register them" due to the auditing account issue . Thereby killing them

6 Likes

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by AsuuKiller: 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2022
budaatum:
After ASUU loses, if they do, the court can send police to arrest and drag me to the class to come and lecture you for free.

After all, why should I get paid for my educative produce if you can just steal it from me!?

Something you guys don't understand is

Nobody is aiming to victimise anyone and hopefully it doesn't come to that

But Lecturers can wake up any day and decide to forestall the lives and plans of millions of students , including the bus / shuttle drivers , Shop owners on campus .

And at the end of the day they go Scott free and get fully paid everytime

I believe the government is aiming to end not just this strike , but future strikes also

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by AsuuKiller: 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2022
There has to be a better way to communicate lecturers interests rather than the "Stone age" methods of strikes and Blackmail .

Similar to bandits that kidnap Innocent people and demand ransom

4 Likes

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by Ebubu: 3:59pm On Sep 25, 2022
budaatum:

the Appeal will be struck out. Universities will be opened. Lecturer wey no want teach, make e no teach!

7 Likes

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by budaatum: 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2022
AsuuKiller:

But Lecturers can wake up any day and decide to forestall the lives and plans of millions of students , including the bus / shuttle drivers , Shop owners on campus .

I, your ASUU lecturer, is not forestalling anything, and you claiming we are is like claiming market woman is forestalling your food for not letting you take for free what she sells!

If I taught you to apply for a job that does not pay you, please come and collect your fees from me, because I definitely must have taught you rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by ZiniPips: 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2022
This is to my friends who are out there
thinking some of your friends are ahead of you, and this thought can really weigh one down psychologically, I know exactly how you feel.

Let me remind you of something you already know, but you've not been applying it.

Igbo proverbs says "Whenever you wake up is your own morning" Meaning, your beginning starts when you're ready- when it's your time.

I'm challenging you to set just one goal at a time. (e.g Taking online courses, learning a skill, staying off social media and focus on more productive activities, etc.) daily, and one of the productive activities I have for you is investing with as low as $20 and earn as much as $100 plus with respect to my in-depth knowledge, understanding, money and risk management in the financial market and I trade and increase your financial capability.

While investing start focusing on the PROCESS it'd take you to achieve these goals. Take your eyes off your age and just start! You'd be shock where you'd find yourself in a short term.

Invest and trade with me live @ number on my signature.
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by brightest5050: 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2022
AsuuKiller:
I'm curious what next after if ASUU loses in the appeal court within the following week

D) Your opinion ??

ASUU cannot further appeal from Court of Appeal to Supreme Court. Judgement from National Industrial Court ends at Court of Appeal.

ASUU has lost the sympathy of Nigerians they should call of the strike. Is not like FG is any better

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by budaatum: 5:41pm On Sep 25, 2022
brightest5050:

ASUU has lost the sympathy of Nigerians they should call of the strike.

Call off the strike and educate you for free and with no pay?

I hope you know that if you pay peanuts only monkeys would apply, and last time I checked monkeys teach nonsense.

Please know that you can not steal the education in my head without compensating me because I am far too educated for that. If I weren't you wouldn't be asking me to educate you.

8 Likes

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by Mammangaddafi(m): 6:01pm On Sep 25, 2022
budaatum:

I hope you know that if you pay peanuts only monkeys would apply, and last time I checked monkeys teach nonsense.

Please know that you can not steal the education in my head without compensating me because I am far too educated for that. If I weren't you wouldn't be asking me to educate you.
Please are you a lecturer?

1 Like

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by BadGenius(m): 6:10pm On Sep 25, 2022
budaatum:

Sorry ooo, but i think you write bad for a fvcking lecturer.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by xtivin(m): 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
AsuuKiller:

D) Your opinion ??
If the Appeal sit this week, then it's safe to conclude that all delayed court sittings is the handwriting and hardwork of the government. That will be my conclusion.

3 Likes

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by Jessewizy(m): 7:19pm On Sep 25, 2022
It surprises me how people just wake up and create stupid threads. If you’re not a lecturer, you’ll not understand the plights of these people. ASUU have been crying in time past about how the government keeps reneging on agreements but we all look away like it doesn’t concern us, but when they strike, fools starts calling ASUU bad names.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by nnamdi640: 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2022
budaatum:

My brother, don't mind what they are saying. How many of them will agree to such action. I continue to say it, there is an agreement between the lecturers and FG when each of those lecturers were employed and one of the agreement is the entitlements of those lecturers, when fg failed to keep that agreement, then any action the lecturers took is the fault of fg as long as the lecturers are not using violence, that is the reason for strike. I see people saying that there is another way to go about this action but never gave their suggestions. Fg should try it with Labour union let see what people will say.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by budaatum: 8:27pm On Sep 25, 2022
BadGenius:

Sorry ooo, but i think you write bad for a fvcking lecturer.

No need to be sorry. I'm still not giving you any education for free. Though if you were to be honest with yourself you'd admit to hardly ever reading what I've written.

Next time you do read what I write, share or quote it so we all know you've read please, and correct me where you think I've written it wrong. And as a bonus, comment on what you read so we can know if you've understood it or not.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by budaatum: 8:32pm On Sep 25, 2022
nnamdi640:
My brother, don't mind what they are saying. How many of them will agree to such action. I continue to say it, there is an agreement between the lecturers and FG when each of those lecturers were employed and one of the agreement is the entitlements of those lecturers, when fg failed to keep that agreement, then any action the lecturers took is the fault of fg as long as the lecturers are not using violence, that is the reason for strike. I see people saying that there is another way to go about this action but never gave their suggestions. Fg should try it with Labour union let see what people will say.

Only fools would mind those who want to reap where they have not sown.

You, Sir, have honoured me. I am humble.
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by Emmamay10: 8:49pm On Sep 25, 2022
Jessewizy:
It surprises me how people just wake up and create stupid threads. If you’re not a lecturer, you’ll not understand the plights of these people. ASUU have been crying in time past about how the government keeps reneging on agreements but we all look away like it doesn’t concern us, but when they strike, fools starts calling ASUU bad names.

Should the FG failure to honour its agreement with ASUU justify the reason why ASUU is aiming to destroy everything in the education sector in Nigeria. After all, the ASUU president once said if their backlog of salaries are not paid, that the system will suffer. These agreements that ASUU is making references to were signed under duress by the previous government, because ASUU held the government to ransom. This is the same approach ASUU is using to force Buhari administration into signing an agreement the government might not be able to implement. ASUU should jettison the idea of wanting to use 'force negotiation' to achieve their goals. They should not act like intelligent bandits.

7 Likes

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by budaatum: 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2022
Mammangaddafi:
Please are you a lecturer?

No, unfortunately I am not. If I were some would not ever be in my class, and if I let them in my class they'd remain in my class repeating for 10 years because I would keep failing them until they open their minds and learn.

1 Like

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by brightest5050: 9:04pm On Sep 25, 2022
budaatum:

...and who told you I'm a student with your hasty generalisation?

The pay you are clamouring for is it the salary for the lecturers that sat home for 7 month? Please do not mention the cliche that research and community service have priority over teaching when we all know there has been little to no research as well as community service.

The abnormality has been on for a very long time that they now have an entitlement mentality of been paid for strike action. The problem with the union is that they see anyone that says the truth as one who want to victimise them or a card carrying member of government without looking at the merit of their argument.

You don't burn down a bridge because you want to catch a thief just the way wisdom is profitable to direct when one want to kill a mosquito on the $cr.otum despite the desire of ASUU "to save public institutions" they are actually doing more harm to the system than good by this strike.

I want lecturers to be better paid and I totally support an increase in their salaries also I support public universities to be better funded but throwing all negotiations thus far because of 'no work no pay policy' of FG raises the question of who the union is really fighting for ?

The union would have temporarily called off the strike for 2 or 3 months like other union did while the union use these 2 to 3 month of strike been temporarily called off to insist on their salaries during the strike period and that would have been a better option.

FG is not blameless at all in this situation they need to give education more priority.

Should Court of Appeal throw out the appeal, an honourable thing for the union would be to obey court order. Sometimes, we have to lose battle to win the war

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by Oblivion34: 11:22pm On Sep 25, 2022
AsuuKiller:
There has to be a better way to communicate lecturers interests rather than the "Stone age" methods of strikes and Blackmail .

Similar to bandits that kidnap Innocent people and demand ransom

I have seen ASUU union members say "Why will government pay bandits and not pay them?"

That's their mentality

2 Likes

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by Oblivion34: 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2022
budaatum:

The government was not owing lecturers salary before they declared strike.

The union chose to go on hunger strike, and was okay with it because they wanted this and that

The only money that the government owes the union is minimum wage salary arrears, and we all know it takes time to process that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by AsuuKiller: 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2022
Oblivion34:

I have seen ASUU union members say "Why will government pay bandits and not pay them?"

That's their mentality

Because they are educated bandits na

grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by budaatum: 11:28pm On Sep 25, 2022
brightest5050:

The pay you are clamouring for is it the salary for the lecturers that sat home for 7 month?

No, it isn't. Lecturers went on strike before the 7 months started, so they can not possibly be striking for the 7 months pay for while they are on strike.

Please read the below and be educated on why lecturers went on strike.

HitRun:

Lol, home and where? Who for abroad go come collect that rubbish wey them call salary? Izz like head de pain you.

Anyway, one of the reason ASUU Dey on strike na because of earned allowance. You know Wetin that earned allowance be? You no know, make I tell you: ratio of students to lecturers too much. To reduce that ratio, govt need employ more lecturers. But either them no fit find qualified people to employ or them no wan employ, so them decide the pay the lecturers allowance to teach those extra students wey dem no suppose the teach. The point be say govt no fit or no wan employ. So perish any idea of say govt go sack anybody employ new people because them no go see who to employ.

Thanks again HitRun. You are saving me from typing.
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by Oblivion34: 11:29pm On Sep 25, 2022
Jessewizy:

You are not bad, yet you mark every year with strikes. Resume and rush students, with two weeks revision, and exams, and repeat the process the following year.

While you get paid in full for staying at home and frustrating students.

Glad to know the union has finally met it's waterloo, and glad to know everyone is starting to see how selfish and self centered the union is.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by budaatum: 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2022
Oblivion34:

The government was not owing lecturers salary before they declared strike.

HitRun:

Lol, home and where? Who for abroad go come collect that rubbish wey them call salary? Izz like head de pain you.

Anyway, one of the reason ASUU Dey on strike na because of earned allowance. You know Wetin that earned allowance be? You no know, make I tell you: ratio of students to lecturers too much. To reduce that ratio, govt need employ more lecturers. But either them no fit find qualified people to employ or them no wan employ, so them decide the pay the lecturers allowance to teach those extra students wey dem no suppose the teach. The point be say govt no fit or no wan employ. So perish any idea of say govt go sack anybody employ new people because them no go see who to employ.

HitRun, I'm now feeling guilty for not paying for the use of your work!

1 Like

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by phemmyfour: 5:34am On Sep 26, 2022
AsuuKiller:

D) Your opinion ??
Final answer B
Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by brightest5050: 5:51am On Sep 26, 2022
budaatum:

No, it isn't. Lecturers went on strike before the 7 months started, so they can not possibly be striking for the 7 months pay for while they are on strike.

Please read the below and be educated on why lecturers went on strike.

Thanks again HitRun. You are saving me from typing.

You would have read to understand my point of view and not reading because you want to reply. The 7 month salary arrears is a major reason the union went on indefinite strike when government invoked the 'no work no pay policy'. The union deserve the Earned Academic Allowance and they deserve to be paid up till the last penny.

There was no salary arrears before the union went on strike so obviously salary arrears cannot be a reason for the initial strike that was came into effect Feb 14th.

When I said the pay you are clamouring for is it the salary arrear for 7 month they sat at home, it was actually a rethorical question but been that you answered no then I will ask these questions:

A) F.g not paying ASUU for the 7 month of the strike is it justified?

B) Or should FG pay ASUU for the 7 month strike on compassionate ground (any compassion whatsoever) but not because the union has the right to be paid for these 7 month?

Your answer to question A) and B) use it to answer if the union declaring indefinite strike because of 'no work no pay policy' of government is a good reason for a union that "want to save public institution from collapse"

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Next After ASUU Loses In The Appeal Court -- Asuukiller by Richardidegah7: 6:47am On Sep 26, 2022
ASUU SHOULD BETTER STOP THIS NONSENSE THEY ARE DOING. THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN VERY LEANENT WITH THEM FOR TOO LONG OO..
EDUCATED PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS RATIONAL IN THINKING, BUT THIS SEEMS NOT TO BE THE CASE WITH ASUU (NOT MINDING THE STUDENT'S PAINS AT ALL) ARE THEY THE ONLY SECTOR IN RHIS COUNTRY?
KUDOS THE THE GOVERMENTS AT #NOWORKNOPAY

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pre-degree Of Nigerian Universities, Chat Room 2014/2015 / Ondo Tescom Exam Past Questions And Answers / Is A First Class Degree Worth It In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.