Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

My Experience Leaving Lagos To ABA Abia State - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Experience Leaving Lagos To ABA Abia State (644 Views)

Aba Book Club Hosts Nairaland Author, Domawoleye, As "Author Of The Month" / (1929) Aba Women Riot: A Nairalander Decided To Write The Short Story / Letter Of Leaving School Written By An Angry Student To His Principal.​ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Leaving Lagos To ABA Abia State by kelvinezeh55(m): 7:20am On Sep 29, 2022
I have been into transportation for more than 7years (cargo precisely) I run inter state
There's this particular trip that change things for me I was contacted by a friend to deliver furniture to port Harcourt we agreed on the price and his commission..... I went down to eleganza(Lagos) to load the furnitures....... I told the agent that I met there that I will be leaving with 120000. And he said no problem

So when we are through with the loading we start having issue with the deposit and unknown to me I didn't know that the agent guy was trying to cut his share.....
I said instead of them to delay me in Lagos let me start going with 100000 and they said okay and that they will transfer 20k later and I take off

Getting to lakowe (that's ibeju lekki axis I normally ply ijebu ode through epe cos of the good road and it's a kind of short ) I filled my tank I waited till it's 7 pm before I take off with my motor boy actually when I do take off from Lagos my first stoping will be at ore Ondo State I will stop and check my van

So after ore it will be Benin toll gate getting to Benin along sapele road I started to notice that my brakes are not much active I parked at a filling station near army check point I waited till morning before I call mechanic to fix it up (the van is lt35 long chassis) so because of emblem boys.. v. I.o and road safety I decided to wait till evening before moving

I called the agent guy to remind him of the 20k he said no problem that he will do transfer I started moving again around 7 pm getting to ahaoda rivers state were I normally buy gas around after 10 I called the guy and he refused picking up ...
Re: My Experience Leaving Lagos To ABA Abia State by Slynation(m): 7:33am On Sep 29, 2022
Following...
Re: My Experience Leaving Lagos To ABA Abia State by pheelhip(m): 7:34am On Sep 29, 2022
Following...
Most agents can't uphold an agreement with someone.

On a norms the remaining balance is suppose to be paid after offloading but I don't know the agreement btw you and the agent.
Re: My Experience Leaving Lagos To ABA Abia State by Felimax(m): 7:35am On Sep 29, 2022
Reading...
Re: My Experience Leaving Lagos To ABA Abia State by kelvinezeh55(m): 7:48am On Sep 29, 2022
I called my colleague that introduce me to the agent and explained things to him, he said that he will get back to me I was there till around after 1 am and I got robbed by some boys they took my phone (Infinix hot 11 play) and my motor boy phone and the funniest part was that I'm very close to army check point when I reported to them they did nothing and secondly I have only 200naira left with me
In the morning of that day being good Friday I went to other drivers that parked there also I explained things to them and they helped me with there phone I called the agent and the man started giving me details about the money... That he has transferred 50k to my colleague, I called my colleague he said that the money was his commission and that I must deliver the furniture for me to get my balance of 100k cos we bargained on 200k unknown to me that the job paid 300k and the company have already transferred 200k of which they gave me 100k as deposit and shared the remaining 100 50/50

I called the agent guy again and beg him ooo cos I was seriously stranded he later transferred 20k I waited till evening before I got to oil mill (pH) and delivered the furnitures my balance of 80k now turn to wahala the agent was saying that they will transfer the money to him that he will balance me I was telling the lady to transfer 20k to the agent and balance me my 80k we argued almost 2hours before I allowed her transfer the money to the agent cos I don't have much time to wait again
Re: My Experience Leaving Lagos To ABA Abia State by kelvinezeh55(m): 8:26am On Sep 29, 2022
The agent later transferred 50k to me that night when I called him, he said it's network that he will transfer the remaining 30k, I said okay since I know my colleague and I'm tired of borrowing people's phone I decided to start coming back to Lagos

When I get to Lagos the following day the agent said I should call my colleague to balance me the money, when I called my colleague he said that he is at Owerri that's his coming back I said okay ( to be sincere one thing about most cargo drivers is dishonesty ) I knew that my money have entered story mode I decided to have patience for my colleague to come back from his trip

When my colleague came back after 3days he said that I should not bother that he knows the agent very well, that they still have some business together and that my money will eventually come out I said okay....

I went and fix my wild screen that was broken the day I got robbed and the van was not actually mine I was paying the owner on weekly
TBC
Re: My Experience Leaving Lagos To ABA Abia State by BrisenCalvin: 2:59pm On Mar 03
Wow
Re: My Experience Leaving Lagos To ABA Abia State by sulorog(m): 7:29pm On Mar 03
Following, what happen next after you fix you truck.

(1) (Reply)

*a Slow One* -- Critics Are Very Welcome, I'm Striving For Excellence @ What I D / Little Thoughts Blog: / Get Your Isbn Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.