Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,362 members, 7,829,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) (43739 Views)

Rate This Homemade Concoction Rice. / Sapa Concoction Rice / Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Kobojunkie: 5:22am On Oct 01, 2022
seunak2016:
some ladies don't like seeing locusts beans in their food but you can always blend it as well.

locusts beans is good for man because it increases libido for sex
At this rate, even poo will be claimed as having some sort of libido-increasing effect. Abeg, make una stop to dey throw around this nonsense where it regards foods. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Joetttimua1811(m): 6:07am On Oct 01, 2022
What's the use of the Iru(Locust Beans) in the food���

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by nurudeen181(m): 6:22am On Oct 01, 2022
i still try to give meaning to Nigeria is hard...if someone call this concotion, its the best food i think i was ever oppurtuned to have.. not with pommo and egg o.. either pommo or egg

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by obaaderemi: 7:05am On Oct 01, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Ingredients:

Rice
Palm oil
2 tomatoes (optional)
Paprika peppers (Shombo)
Bell Peppers (Tatashe)
Iru (Locust bean)
Crayfish
Onions
Kpomo
Dry fish
Scent leaves
Seasoning
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ROhc3av3lE

STEPS:

First, parboil the rice. Once it boils, wash out quickly with cold water.
In a dry pot on heat, add in palm oil.
Add in chopped onions, fry for a minute.
Add in Iru, fry for another minute.
Add in the blended tatashe, tomatoes and peppers, fry for 5 minutes till its dry.
Add in crayfish, seasoning and salt.
Add in the washed kpomo and dry fish, cook for 5 minutes.
Add in a little water.
Add the parboiled rice and top the water to be the same level with the rice.
Cover and cook till the water is almost dry.
Add in scent leaves, stir and cover to cook for 2 minutes.
Serve and enjoy your meal.

Palm oil? Is it better than vegetable oil for this concoction?

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Bestcreamreview: 7:52am On Oct 01, 2022
This is native jollof not concoction rice lol, you parboiled the rice, prepared stew, added the parboiled rice to the stew and then added water, that is exactly how jollof is made, it's called concoction rice if you cook everything together in one pot from the beginning
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Okoroawusa: 8:58am On Oct 01, 2022
Concoction rice is not always made from scratch. It's prepared from left over stew.

Abi I no get am?
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Love800(m): 9:04am On Oct 01, 2022
Mehn see oil rice in a different level. I need to upgrade with dis style of gloryhomemaker

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by NEUDUDE: 9:19am On Oct 01, 2022
This looks really giid shocked grin.

Normal normal me i like concotion rice

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Havertz10: 9:23am On Oct 01, 2022
I hate Locust bean, so disgusting, anytime I sense it in food, it triggers gag reflex.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by TheFinesseKid: 9:29am On Oct 01, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Ingredients:

Rice
Palm oil
2 tomatoes (optional)
Paprika peppers (Shombo)
Bell Peppers (Tatashe)
Iru (Locust bean)
Crayfish
Onions
Kpomo
Dry fish
Scent leaves
Seasoning
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ROhc3av3lE

STEPS:

First, parboil the rice. Once it boils, wash out quickly with cold water.
In a dry pot on heat, add in palm oil.
Add in chopped onions, fry for a minute.
Add in Iru, fry for another minute.
Add in the blended tatashe, tomatoes and peppers, fry for 5 minutes till its dry.
Add in crayfish, seasoning and salt.
Add in the washed kpomo and dry fish, cook for 5 minutes.
Add in a little water.
Add the parboiled rice and top the water to be the same level with the rice.
Cover and cook till the water is almost dry.
Add in scent leaves, stir and cover to cook for 2 minutes.
Serve and enjoy your meal.

iyaf subscribed o. I love food abeg

2 Likes

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Codes151(m): 9:42am On Oct 01, 2022
You know Wetin be concoction ?

You cook food wey rich like this you call am concoction?

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:46am On Oct 01, 2022
Chimatesky64:
can I add carrot and green beans and pea to it?

Spice it up as much as you want. Its your food after all.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:48am On Oct 01, 2022
Edoziesmart:
thought all of them are called locust beans?
That means I'm mistaking the two

Iru is in seeds while Okpei is meshed together.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:53am On Oct 01, 2022
IJEYdiamond:
Ma..... Nice one!!

Pls teach us Shawamma.. grin

Thank you. I already have a thread for beef and chicken Shawarma, you can check it out.

https://www.nairaland.com/7242611/see-how-make-yummy-beef

https://www.nairaland.com/7133759/how-make-best-nigerian-chicken

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:56am On Oct 01, 2022
AngelicBeing:
@ Op, kudos to you cool

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:58am On Oct 01, 2022
Monaboo:
I find it difficult eating Jollof rice and vegetable.

But I enjoy eating white rice and stew with vegetables. It's sweet to me.

Different preferences for different people.
Scent leaf is actually nice in Jollof.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:58am On Oct 01, 2022
odinga1of:

Madam must I add locust bean n tomatoes?

No, they are both optional.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:00am On Oct 01, 2022
Mrtaye:

Are you sure no be jollof be this

Concoction rice is local palm oil Jollof.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 10:00am On Oct 01, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

No, they are both optional.

Nne, happy Independence day.

What do you have for us today? cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:01am On Oct 01, 2022
Joetttimua1811:
What's the use of the Iru(Locust Beans) in the food���

It adds flavour and aroma for those who enjoy it.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by IJEYdiamond(f): 10:01am On Oct 01, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Thank you. I already have a thread for beef and chicken Shawarma, you can check it out.

https://www.nairaland.com/7242611/see-how-make-yummy-beef

https://www.nairaland.com/7133759/how-make-best-nigerian-chicken

Thank u.. i will do the needful..

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:04am On Oct 01, 2022
nurudeen181:
i still try to give meaning to Nigeria is hard...if someone call this concotion, its the best food i think i was ever oppurtuned to have.. not with pommo and egg o.. either pommo or egg

Concoction rice is just a name given to this local palm oil rice. It doesn't mean it's a lesser food or to be cooked in the worst of conditions.
You can make it with whatever you have, whether much or less ingredients.

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:09am On Oct 01, 2022
TheFinesseKid:
iyaf subscribed o. I love food abeg

Thank you so much. God bless you richly.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:11am On Oct 01, 2022
Codes151:
You know Wetin be concoction ?

You cook food wey rich like this you call am concoction?

No vex, concoction is just a name. It doesn't mean the food should be poor.

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Mrtaye: 10:12am On Oct 01, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Concoction rice is local palm oil Jollof.
Lolz na so ororo na for jollof epo na for concoction

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:15am On Oct 01, 2022
mariahAngel:

Nne, happy Independence day.

What do you have for us today? cheesy

My sister, happy Independence to us. We hope for a better Nigeria.

I have plenty things ooooo. Am making plenty soup today, I will upload the pictures later.

How are you doing today?

2 Likes

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:20am On Oct 01, 2022
longifilis:

Seun! Op is making me to feel bad
I can't afford this food for now
Create a special page for this kind people
Restrict me from viewing it
Ha!
I am not a saddist
This is awesome
Enjoy your meal
Show some love to the needy and less privilege around you when you don chop full
You are very rich if you afford this without billing anyone
All hail you

Don't feel bad, that you can't afford it now doesn't mean you won't be able to afford it tomorrow.

It's just a matter of time.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Ademoore07(m): 10:28am On Oct 01, 2022
NoToPile:

Read its common among ilaje peeps,and that it's a local seasoning like iru, can you explain a bit seems you know about it.
Not only ilaje people but almost all ondo people use it in preparation of their soups. Although, not for jollof. It is prepared by wrapping a de-shelled mellon seedling in a specific leave and tight fimly. It was then, boiled for hours and left for days to ferment. I've seen a maggot dangling inside one b4. I don't like it though. I think iru too was made following the same process but was made from locust bean.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 10:28am On Oct 01, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

My sister, happy Independence to us. We hope for a better Nigeria.

I have plenty things ooooo. Am making plenty soup today, I will upload the pictures later.

How are you doing today?

I'm doing very well, thank you. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by NACE13: 10:33am On Oct 01, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

So am not the only one washing mine. Good to know it's nutrients are still intact.

Vegetables with plenty locust beans here we go grin

Is there an alternative for iru? Searched the whole market place but they don't know what iru is. Also, can you use tin tomato in place of fresh tomato?

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by anyilalaz: 11:37am On Oct 01, 2022
Good but my wife don arrange this one for me..

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:43am On Oct 01, 2022
NACE13:

Is there an alternative for iru? Searched the whole market place but they don't know what iru is. Also, can you use tin tomato in place of fresh tomato?

Ooh, you can skip the Iru if you can't find it.
Please don't add tin tomatoes, it will alter the native taste. You can make the rice without tomatoes and Iru. It will still be nice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Bake A Cake Without An Oven / Catfish Pepper Soup (point & Kill) / Accredited Amala Joints In Nigeria (2018 List)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.