Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! (5896 Views)

Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? / Chelsea Midfielder Obi Mikel Stands Alone As Best Passer In Country / Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by nastydamus(m): 8:56am On Aug 15, 2011
[size=8pt]Father of Chelsea's John Obi Mikel goes missing in Nigerian city of Jos[/size]

The midfielder’s parent has not been heard from since Friday evening when he was supposed to return from work according to the player's agent.
Michael Obi, who runs an interstate transport company in Jos, was last seen by his family members on Friday. He failed to return home after a day’s work and all calls to his mobile phone went unanswered before it was eventually unreachable on Saturday.
It is not yet clear if the Blues star's parent has been abducted as no one has yet made a claim to have done so and the player was informed of the incident on Sunday morning ahead of his team’s visit to Stoke City where they played out a goalless draw.

“At the moment we have not heard from Mikel's father, or anyone else, so we don't know what it is. At this point, we only consider him missing,” John Ola Shittu, Mikel’s agent told KickOffNigeria.com.

“He is totally devastated. We were not sure whether to tell him before the game. But after speaking to the manager, and Mike Emenalo [Chelsea's sporting director], we agreed that he had a right to be informed of such a serious incident.

“He was under a lot of stress, but he showed a lot of character and mental strength to play against Stoke.”

If it is abduction, it will be the second time a major Nigerian footballer has been affected after national team captain Joseph Yobo’s younger brother Norum was held hostage for 12 days in 2008.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1656/nigeria/2011/08/15/2620532/chelsea-midfielder-john-obi-mikels-father-goes-missing-in

Na wa o.
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 15, 2011
shocking.hope no harm comes to him
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by coogar: 12:17pm On Aug 15, 2011
i suspect ibime and his niger-delta brothers. grin
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by EEAnyoha: 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2011
This is nt gud at al nt fair
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by Ournaija: 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2011
It`s only in Nigeria people miss like pin. I wonder when the government will wake up to it responsibilities.
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by 1025: 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2011
this is part of the fresh air where no one is safe. this is a national/international shame.
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by White007(m): 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2011
Na wao! shocked shocked

The rate at which Kidnapping takes place in this country now is very alarming. This is despicable to say the least, and is giving our country a very bad image.

I hope no harm comes upon him.
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by Mallow: 1:45pm On Aug 15, 2011
Aww, i hope he's okay where ever he is.
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by 195(f): 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2011
hes with villa boaz discussing bringing his transport business to london

where he can ply liverpool to bristol via birmigham undecided
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by Airtimex(m): 1:52pm On Aug 15, 2011
is not easy oooooo embarassed
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by r231(m): 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2011
wow
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by zikclassiq(m): 2:16pm On Aug 15, 2011
Missing missing missing! Evrytin is missing! Ship (wit oil) missing! Human being missing lyk biro. Na wa o!
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by lonelydude: 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2011
190_@:

where he can ply liverpool to bristol via birmigham undecided

@190
na wa for you o. grin
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by medjai(m): 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2011
Terrible. Those kidnappers will probably be asking for a ransom of N1bn.
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by Ignatio(m): 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2011
As it is now nobody knows whether he just went missing or was kidnapped. I hope it he's safe.
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by tyson55(m): 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2011
Wow! What a disturbing piece of info.

But the family of such persons whose financial position is always in the news and known by all should be able to know better and secure themselves, knowing how Nigeria is insecure.

I hope the old man is safe wherever he is.
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by dayokanu(m): 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2011
Is it MEND or Boko Haram this time/?
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by PurestBoy(m): 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2011
[size=18pt]PDP is responsible, More fresher air to come[/size]
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by IykeD(m): 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2011
190_@:

where he can ply liverpool to bristol via birmigham  undecided

Are u a kid, teenager or an adult?
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by Gbenge77(m): 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2011
someone,somewhere apparently needs ransom from Mikel.
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by phreakabit(m): 3:12pm On Aug 15, 2011
190_@:

Why not just shut the hell up for once in your life!!!! You sound like an as.s that can talk, and guess what happens when you being an ass talk? You spit out shit droppings!!! This is a serious issue here, even persons with low intellectual capacity like yourself should know that!
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by JUO(m): 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2011
God guide him
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by tyson55(m): 3:23pm On Aug 15, 2011
190 is the king of Romance section, where he say's poo and bullcrap and all the small girls hails him, that's where he belong.
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by RickyRoss1(m): 3:54pm On Aug 15, 2011
Sad news for Mikel & family, Sad news for our image,
May God save this man from the hands of the wicked,
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by coogar: 3:56pm On Aug 15, 2011
190_@:

sometimes i think you function on spermflakes instead of brain-cells.

this is a very serious damning matter that's a stain on the image of nigeria.
someone's dad has been kidnapped and you don't feel sober about it. . . .what sorta human being are you?
do you get paid to spew nonsense on a forum? how old are you?

it's better you remain quiet if you have nothing to say instead of moving your mouth every minute like a ruminant animal.
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by edlion57(m): 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2011
why is it dat any bad tin way happen we go call d government
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by beeke(m): 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2011
Can the Niger Delta milicriminals a.k.a Freedom fighters see what their inventions has brought upon us, even though before now Nigeria use to be the opposite of peaceful but we never witnessed these barbaric and insane actions taking place not until Niger Delta and it criminal elite invented bombing and kidnapping in the name of "Freedom Fighters" today Boko Haram bombs everything and anything, kidnapping is no more an exclusive practice in the SE but fast spreading to the north.
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by laj1(m): 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2011
Mikel should have been kidnapped instead for his unpatriotic manner.see him playing 90 minutes and playing very fantastically against stoke city and he complained of injury when we were billed to play a friendly with Ghana.He is very ungrateful to siasia who made him what he is today.Abi na lie?

As for his father i think the abductors will want to collect 1 million pounds which i know chelsea will definitely pay on his (mikel)behalf.
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by Debroslink: 4:34pm On Aug 15, 2011
190_@:

I'M SURE U ARE HIGH ON "COKE"
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by oshanka: 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2011
Its a shame
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by duduspace(m): 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2011
This is horrible and so not right.
Re: Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! by kpofkpof: 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2011
I really doubt this story of Kidnap because Kidnapping is not in any way common in Jos (i stay there and i think i know a little about the city)

Rather because of the crisis that has enveloped the town, the town has been split into two- the christain area and the muslim area,and there are secret killings going on BOTH sides.

if a xtain is found in the other side esp alone, the person would be killed and buried in a shallow grave. it would take only God's intervention to even find the corpse. I know people will doubt this, but i have two of my friends who cannot find their fathers up till today, when they tried their phones, the miscreants who picked it up would just laugh and tell them to come to some isolated place to pick up the corpse. I know of a woman also whose husband got missing as well and up till today as i write, they didnt see the man. They had to bury an empty coffin in their village just to fulfil all righteouness. The last i heard was about a young secondary student who had a bike man who picks him up everyday from school. The same bikeman took the guy to the slaughter house and they just snuffed out life from the young boy. when his parents were calling his number they were busy laughing at her and telling her all sorts.

i am trying not to be biased here, but a lot of things are happening which is not being reported on the pages of the newspapers in Jos.

i know that man. Very very nice man. And i am shocked to hear the news. But i am wishing that he has been kidnapped because that would be better off than what my mind is telling me.

That man is too nice for this kind of thing to happen to him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo now has 38 GOALS in 33 apperances in the league / Nairaland Fantasy Champions League 2010/2011 / Whatsapp Group To Download Football Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.