Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co (53988 Views)

Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. / Advise Needed On Marital Issue / Please Advise Me On This Marital Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by kals4luv990(m): 4:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
OP you have really tried
Abeg leave the bleeped up woman jare
Just take care of your children nd live a happy life

No b yu kill JESUS

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Ballzproblem2: 4:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
b
Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
Abeg, fúck off. That one na you and your wife's business. Like I care.

5 Likes

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by TheirFADA: 4:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
if we dey preach Redpill to men, people go say we're toxic

what you eventually did is what you should have done a long time ago, if u no put woman 4 her place, her sense no go come back to place

omo, you don suffer 4 marriage o
Wetin happen

But I'm happy for you now. You've liberated yourself

Continue ignoring her till she goes down on her two knees and beg you for what she did

E shock her as you ignore her, she run kom nairaland dey find sympathy with her one sided story

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Iykenuwa(m): 4:19pm On Oct 07, 2022
ontarioache:
Hello all,

A mutual friend has drawn my attention to this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/7357845/complex-marital-issue-thoughts-please/15#117128240

MY RESPONSE.
First let me thank our mutual friend Imelda for drawing my attention to this.

Well, I am here to set the record straight.
I did not see any need to respond, but some commentators really got me laughing hard so let me indulge you all.

To kick start, I am in touch with my 2 kids on almost a daily basis, and the event she described is not the first time. Hanging up on me is a routine since we married, it has happened un-countable times. Also the guys that said I am childish are right, when they finish reading they will truly know that, no man will behave the way I have, except a child. Lastly, I am fully responsible for the upkeep of my family, every penny and not much age difference between us. I have never hung up on her for one day. She has even blocked me on phone over some arguments while we live in same house. (LOL)

For the readers, what happened is this :

You called me that you were going to made some budget and you will be spending … amount of money on that plans- you know the plan. I told you it was okay and we kept on talking about It. ( I did not raise any issue immediately to avoid conflict) so after some days, I told you that next time, it will be appropriate that we ought to discuss such plans together and that it was not the best for you to decide all by yourself and only informed me of what you have chosen to do for a decision that affects the both of us. You flared up immediately that I do not have the right to tell you that, and THAT YOU ARE ALONE WITH THE CHILDREN (like you always say) and furthermore, you said you have many things that you are doing at the same time. I then replied you that I also have many things going through my mind. ( I replied you this way because you always say this, anytime I want to have a discussion with you. You even say this even while we were together, and I will just be amazed). You flared up and insulted me then hung up.

I called you immediately many times. I called you again at night, I sent you several messages, although I did not apologize directly but the messages I sent reflected that I was sorry. In one of the messages, I explained that I was critical of the amount you intend to spend , because you do know we have other more pressing plans that we needed funds for, and that what your budgeted was a bit too high. But you refused to let go like you have always done for these 8 years. Every week for 6 weeks I sent you messages that you never replied to.

In this period, you also changed apartment without even deeming it fit to tell me. (Yes I know before this misunderstanding, it was already the plan that you will be changing apartment. But the anger still did not allow you tell me as at when you finally moved to the new apartment, till now, it has been more than 3 months that you moved, you still did not inform me although the children told me about it, you know they did, but I expected that at least you should tell me about it by yourself.)

I did not just stop picking your calls because I wanted to stop, I did it for my self respect and sanity. It is the first time I am refusing to pick your call, or even not to talk to you after 8 years of marriage.

Have I ever held any grudge against you for more than 24hrs ?, have you ever had to apologise more than once on anything without me accepting your apology immediately, that is even if you choose to apologise at all. ? !. Rather you are the one that reminds me at every giving opportunity that I know you can decide not to talk to me again and stay on you own, and that I am the one that will suffer. In precise terms, you always do this, while I was at home. You can stay on for weeks and months without talking to me for the slightest misunderstanding, I am always the one that will try and make peace, and each time you either humiliate me by refusing to make peace till whenever you are satisfied. It has been like this for these 8 years. Even if I want to hold a discussion with you at home, it is either you are busy on the phone, and If I try to ask you to focus you just tell me I should summarize and that you listen with your ears, and not your phone or your hands. However, sometimes ( like 20 per cent of cases) you do listen to me.

Even when the children are being difficult, you threaten them by telling them to go ask their father the kind of person you are, and that you do not tolerate nonsense from anyone.(lol, when I was young, our mothers threathen us with our father) Yes, you are right, I wonder why you are so proud of these difficult attributes of yours.

Recall that before that very day that you hung up on me,( in fact also since the beginning of the union), you have been insulting me on each time I call, If we are discussing and I ask you a question about what you have said, you always say that I don’t pay attention. You accuse me of not caring about how you managed the children alone by yourself. I understand it is hard to raise 2 kids under the age of 6 all by yourself, however like I have always told you, lets thank God, it could have been worse- not having children is hard, having children is also hard.Remember at home, your mother and your sister once said that, I show too much care for the kids and that is the weakness that you are using against me. This is from your own family. Imelda was also there !

I can barely talk to you on phone, each time I call you, you tell me you are busy with the kids, and most times you just ask me to summarise and then you hang up even while we were at home together, you say the same thing.

Recently before this sad event you even said if I do not call before 9.45pm, I can no longer reach you, few times when I have to call like few minutes to your deadline, no matter how important our discussion is, once it s 9.45 pm, the phone disconnects and that will be it.You can not even bend that rule for me. You barely return my calls, if you see my missed calls, sometimes it may take you days and most times you do not return them at all, if I ask, you are quick to say, you are alone managing the children and that your are already too stressed up to be bothered about missed calls.

Much earlier than this incident that you hung up on me, you asked me never to wish you any kind of good wishes like happy birthdays, Christmas, mother’s day and all those. Because you said I do not care that it is all lip service. I thought it was just frustration, but for the last 1 year, you have consistently refused to respond to my Christmas, New Year and even your birthday wishes.You ignored all my wishes!
5 months before that faithful day that you escalated your disdain for me to a whole new level, you talked to me on the phone with reckless abandon, even on my birthday, you managed to call me around 11 pm and your birthday wish to me was this “ I WISH YOU WHAT YOU WISH YOURSELF”, I told you it was not a fair wish, and the next thing, it led to outburst again and that was that, and you hung up.

Remember, you forgot my birthday for the past 3 consecutive years.

Obviously, in the preceding 5 months, you have been looking for what I will do so that you can cut me off, the opportunity came and you took it like a Viking.

How often can a married woman stay without getting in contact with her husband for this long over a matter as simple as that, and she is not bothered at all.

I needed to let go for once. I am tired of fighting for the advancement of this union. It has been 8 years of this gruesome treatment. You think everyone is wrong apart from you.

Please if there is any FALSEHOOD in what I have written, I will be glad that you tell your audience. IMELDA YOUR SISTER IS READING THIS AND SHE CAN TESTIFY TO ALL THESE. Moreover, this is just one small aspect of all that has happened these past 8 years. I just decided to skip a thousand others.I only choose to focus on this alone. You know there are a thousand things that are worse than this that you have done.

I am glad that the vast majority of your audience could not be manipulated by your story.

Maybe I would have just stayed back home in Nairobi 7 years ago, may it could not have been this bad. This is my Canada reality!

I would be a liar if I say it has not been daunting and I do not miss you. However, I have since come to the realization that no matter what , no man should dine in the table where love, respect and dignity are not served ! This is my new reality!

Dear Wife, Enjoy your own reality that you created for yourself and stay blessed...!

Forgive her if she reaches out to apologise.

Obviously na small pikin de worry her.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
Lol.

OP, as you have decided to take a walk from that toxic and manipulative marriage, stick wholeheartedly to that decision. You'll find peace, serenity and sanity in the days ahead. I speak from a place of strong confidence and experience.

Just be certain to take absolute care of your children. They're the only blessings you took out of that union. Give them the best of everything, according to what you can afford.

And importantly too, never speak ill of the said woman. Karma and the conscience are better judges of humans. You don try, my guy!

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Tinubuwins2023e: 4:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
Obirin shora fun obirin

1 Like

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Kewtt: 4:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
She's toxic

10 Likes

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by SHINJA: 4:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
Haydens:
Omo e too long to read. Pls someone shld summarize.

Lazy youth

9 Likes

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
Is marriage this bad?
Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by dex4sure: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
Fear women

6 Likes

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by nedekid: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
My bloda, nothing do you. Infact you are doing well.
How's the family?

31 Likes

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by SHINJA: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Na we tell u mk u no get husband marry...

58 Likes

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Tinubuwins2023e: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

One of them here. Na them undecided

46 Likes

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by SHINJA: 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Women and dem wahala
Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by crossfm: 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Always listen to the second person before you pass judgement.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Nonexisting1: 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
I'm too busy to be following this nonsense. If you two can't sort yourselves out then fucck you both.

2 Likes

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by achimendy(m): 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Haydens:

As in ehn

Me I no get strength to read that kind long epistle o.

Pls summarise.
Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by arshavineering(m): 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
My kind of man. Epic response!

20 Likes

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Oboys12: 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
Op may the Lord see you through that's alli can say because them never born the woman well that will treat me like this. Delta man like me. E no fit happen. Well it's well that's all I can say

7 Likes

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Patriottt: 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
K
Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by TheGift: 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
"Maybe I would have just stayed back home in Nairobi 7 years ago, may it could not have been this bad. This is my Canada reality!"

I wish more people would be honest about their Japa reality, especially married couples. Many are being forced into single parenthood by virtue of relocation realities and demands. Sometimes the families we are so busy hustling for end up becoming strangers to us.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by seguntravels009(m): 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
@op and @ the wife... I think it's high time that you two sit down and deliberate on how to make things work.. for the sake of your 2 kids.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Josephkabila12: 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
Baba I think say I gentle and nice o, I no nice reach like dis o. Chey man dis woman don too suffer u for dis life

14 Likes

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Samuels90: 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
The marriage has been tough, wish you guys the best.

5 Likes

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by nurudeen181(m): 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
she must have copied that life idea from some people or groups.

7 Likes

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
OP, you don't have a wife

You're married to yourself

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by gammarays1: 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
Boy o boy
Only God knows what some men are passing through.

It's an eye opener for me, never marry a self centered and egoist partner. Male or female.

Marriage Don't change humans. This character must have been noticed during dating period but the love of physical, material features and emotions will always blind us.

Man's scared of marriage. Only God can give the best partner.
I pray you for you guys especially for the sake of those innocent kids.

It's good A Man acts like a Man, there can never be 2 captains in a ship.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by Michikech(m): 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
I have had doses of this same treatment by my wife......

To be honest, Men are endangered species.

If you show love to your wife, she abuses it
If you don't show love to her.....she and the society blackmail you

Only Yahweh Almighty will help men in marriage.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by unqombothi(f): 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
What the man said >"I have since come to the realization that no matter what , no man should dine in the table where love, respect and dignity are not served !"

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co by tiswell(m): 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
Haydens:
Don't be like OP's ex wife who would always tell op to summarize. grin

na the matter we still dey settle grin

84 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Wife Writes 'Borrow' Whenever She Sends Her Husband Money / Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? / 34-yr-old Mother Who Died During Childbirth Along With Baby Set For Final Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.