Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,821 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. (79069 Views)

Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co / Advise Needed On Marital Issue / Please Advise Me On This Marital Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Blueelf: 4:19am On Sep 30, 2022
jessylaurel:

This is not an advice mr man

So the husband should go and beg?

Read through the OP writeup carefully and you'll see that she isn't remorseful

If I know the man, I'll call him, hide my identity and tell him to divorce her. You know why? Because she isn't sorry. She only noticed now that she needs a man's advice.

7 Likes

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by princewarri1985: 4:37am On Sep 30, 2022
Finish wetin you start! Your husband did right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Finore(m): 5:14am On Sep 30, 2022
Such dirty Character, from you, wives be submissive to your husband get that into your arrogant head, now you are here crying for advice. Who dey give wrong advice self, the person hate you... You get mind oh!!! Such distance relationship wey temptations plenty u dey form mumu Anger!!! Wey you go dey pet am show am love make him dey love u scattter u form don jazzy .just accept honey u are trying God bless you, even if you work harder than him, come cut am off for 4 days still get mind stay after almost two months u send am text not to apologise but another issues. You think say u wise mumu woman.. e don dey pepper you, you don dey worry!!! Come dey disturb us. U get bad character and your husband don tire for you. Pride n foolish arrogance is your problem, when women plenty wey ready to worship am.. you better find way Traveled or do voice note cry beg am oh before u loose your home. Except u don get one man wey dey shark your head. Or bad friend wey want destroy your home. Remember the Bible says a wise woman build her home but the foolish destroys it. Be wise.

5 Likes

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by toxtimmy: 6:02am On Sep 30, 2022
You both are responsible for this mess.... You have your story and he has his story... My story is you both should act like adults.

By the way never hang up phone on anybody you know... It's a sign of lack of self control and a big anger issue

Once the cat is out of the bag it is hard to put it back in.... Honestly, worst case scenario is your husband have found peace with someone else and you both will divorce while he supports his family and way shape or form; likewise for you too.

You owe yourselves nothing but respect.

Meteoritey:
Due to work, my husband and I live in states, and my husband lives in Canada. 3 months ago we had some serious skirmishes during our phone conversation and in the heat of the argument, I told him that he does not appreciate the fact that I am raising the kids and doing everything alone.

To my disappointment, he told me that he is overworked more than me. This really angered me. This got me angry and I hung up. Although He tried to reach me for 4 days, and also sent me some messages, I cut him off without replying, about 9 weeks later, I sent him just a message on an unrelated issue, he ignored my message, after another month, I sent him another message, he also ignored. It has been 3 months now we have not spoken to each other.

Recently my brother had a baby, and he only called once to congratulate them. Moreover my younger sister got admission to a university to study the same course that my husband studied, so naturally, my sister contacted him. My sister said he advised her on what to do and what she should expect. This was about 2 months ago. I personally did not inform him about my sister’s admission myself.

After about one month, my sister also called him for more information, but he has not been picking my sister’s call.

My sisters fiancee also called him to inform him about their upcoming marriage (my same sister that got the admission) he only spoke with my sister and her fiancee once, he stopped further communication with them on both issues of admission and marriage, and that he only spoke with them the first time about the admission and the marriage out of the respect he has for them.

He gave my sister the excuse that it was not proper, for him to speak with her fiancee' because he said that I have not told him anything about the marriage, therefore he can not relate further with my sister as per the marriage. And that it was out of respect that he even called my sister initially to advice her.

What are you thoughts and opinion please.
Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Lastborn0074: 6:23am On Sep 30, 2022
Madam, something tells me that you know what to do. I hope he changes his mind. If he does, congratulations to you in advance.

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by MufasaLion: 6:24am On Sep 30, 2022
PlanktonX:
I swear marriage is not for everybody.

1. Your husband is your Lord...to be held in high esteem. Never use a command on him, but subtlely make your request known to him.

2. In marriage, women, know very well that more of your request should be channel through prayers.... don't just think that you will just call " Chinedu, oya do this and that" Imagine queen Esther approaching the king casually without first taking it to God.

3. Both partners, need to unlearn so many things and relearn again for marriage to work ooo.

4. You see that phrase "am Sorry dear" as small as it is can resolve a lot in.marriage.

5. When Bible say, no carry anger go bed without settling it, you think say na rubbish talk, see as small satan begin dey gather roots for your marriage

7. Well, my advice for you is to first run go get this book" The power of a praying wife"
Read am well. An you will understand your role as a wife in a man's life.

8. In case you need a soft copy of it, holla me. It's free. May the Lord sustain and uphold your marriage. But remember, your husband is your Lord.

Imagine the trash you typed. Disgusting.

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Joshcoli(m): 6:28am On Sep 30, 2022
A taste I your own pudding you come dey complain

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by AutoRedux: 6:52am On Sep 30, 2022
Meteoritey:
Due to work, my husband and I live in states, and my husband lives in Canada. 3 months ago we had some serious skirmishes during our phone conversation and in the heat of the argument, I told him that he does not appreciate the fact that I am raising the kids and doing everything alone.

To my disappointment, he told me that he is overworked more than me. This really angered me. This got me angry and I hung up. Although He tried to reach me for 4 days, and also sent me some messages, I cut him off without replying, about 9 weeks later, I sent him just a message on an unrelated issue, he ignored my message, after another month, I sent him another message, he also ignored. It has been 3 months now we have not spoken to each other.

Recently my brother had a baby, and he only called once to congratulate them. Moreover my younger sister got admission to a university to study the same course that my husband studied, so naturally, my sister contacted him. My sister said he advised her on what to do and what she should expect. This was about 2 months ago. I personally did not inform him about my sister’s admission myself.

You are very very stupid.

After about one month, my sister also called him for more information, but he has not been picking my sister’s call.

My sisters fiancee also called him to inform him about their upcoming marriage (my same sister that got the admission) he only spoke with my sister and her fiancee once, he stopped further communication with them on both issues of admission and marriage, and that he only spoke with them the first time about the admission and the marriage out of the respect he has for them.

He gave my sister the excuse that it was not proper, for him to speak with her fiancee' because he said that I have not told him anything about the marriage, therefore he can not relate further with my sister as per the marriage. And that it was out of respect that he even called my sister initially to advice her.

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by shampooh: 7:40am On Sep 30, 2022
I did not see a were you tried to apologise after all , your husband made efforts of trying to reach you even after you acted like kid , in a nutshell he has been coping with this attitude for a while and this is not the first time , nobody should tell you that pride and in forgiveness can ruin in marriage in split seconds ,if you don't apologize and find a wah of settling this matter you actually just crumbled your marriage with your hands and to be candid I see you to be the principal fault here!!!

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by byteem: 7:57am On Sep 30, 2022
[quote author=Reptyle post=117120616]

Neither of you was right or wrong in this matter, You both are just allowing your childish egos to ruin what sounds like an otherwise happy marriage.

His absence and the stress of being alone rubbed you off the wrong way because for women, their love language is mostly around presence, support, and attention. Your rude attitude towards your husband put him off because men are big on respect. You worsened the disrespect by ignoring him even when he reached out to make peace with you.

My advice to you right now is that you do not let the gulf grow wider. Get off your high horse and make amends now. Fly down to his base in Canada and go and talk things over with your husband. Even if you don't like the man anymore, your children will need their father in their lives, especially in a place like the US where values are quickly lost.

If you are unable to travel, then send him a message apologizing to him...despite what you may have been made to believe, you won't die if you say sorry. Stop sending him messages on "unrelated issues". Sort the pending issue first and then you can re-establish normal communication.
[/quo

This is Apt .

2 Likes

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Mrpojj(m): 8:05am On Sep 30, 2022
Meteoritey:

Anytime una go abroad una go want imbibe oyibo behavior in dispute,thereby destroy relationship

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by phemmyfour: 8:20am On Sep 30, 2022
Meteoritey:

He tried to reach me for 4 days, and also sent me some messages, I cut him off without replying

You went overboard, he took it too far. You use 4days to collect 9weeks

This relationship is gonna hit the rock soon if you guys don't meet PHYSICALLY and resolve your issues. E don pass phone matter now. Go n get your man back before you lose him to those side chicks out there

3 Likes

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Darkmode64: 8:34am On Sep 30, 2022
ShenTeh:
Confirm guy.

It takes two humble or humbled people to make marriage work.

You dropped the call on your self-proclaimed husband, ignored his repeated attempts to reach you including his messages and want him to respect your wishes. Come on.

Respect is very important to us men regardless of how much of a s!ssy the world wants to reduce the gender to today. You treat him like shit but still want him to come through for you and your family.

As we grow older, we cherish peace more. He is probably evaluating his life and happy to miss your drama in it at the mo.
You can say that again.

4 Likes

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Darkmode64: 8:35am On Sep 30, 2022
pocohantas:
You and your fellow malice people would learn the hard way.

Very hardened heart. Her type can frustrate someone. They can keep malice for 200 years even when they are dying inside and yearning for peace.
I swear to God. My Gf is like this.
So tired of the shitty behavior for real

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Penisman: 8:37am On Sep 30, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
You need to start aplogising through calls, messages, voice notes.....yes you wronged your husband. Unfortunately he is not mature enough to forgive you and let go easily.

Satan is fighting marriages these days seriously lipsrsealed , such that you will see so much ego, anger, unforgiveness over minor issues, how much more serious offense.

Your husband seems all out to embarrass you among your family members and let them know there is a problem in the marriage.

This is the disadvantage of long distance marriage.
Appologise with speed.

Will you shut up and leave Satan out of this mess. Who told you Satan exist? Why not advice two adults to settle their issues amicably than throw in the religious spanner.

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by HRMK: 8:46am On Sep 30, 2022
ADVICE ON WHAT?THAT YOU WERE DISRESPECTFUL TO YOU HUSBAND?DIVORCE HIM AND GET MARRIED TO THE MAN GIVING YOU THE GUT TO MISBEHAVE!GOODLUCK!!
Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Olumaeme: 9:03am On Sep 30, 2022
This women are very funny. They think sitting at home, washing plates, cooking 3 cups of rice is more difficult than siting in the office from morning to night and thinking about how to bring money to the home for them to sit and enjoy.

While home care is also work, it is too small to compare with someone bringing money. If its easy, go out and work and bring money lets see, afterall he didn't tie your hands and legs. We have even seen women who are taking care of their family and still making good money. isnt it?

Now, Your husband does not have any business with your sister and her husband. What exactly are you people expecting? WHy are they even calling him? Ordinarily, they should be coming through you and if at all he want to help, it should be through you. If your sister want to get married, she should go ahead and not disturb him nau.

Try and look for how to apologize, and if he is still sending money home for the kids upkeep, then let him be.

You are purely an ingrate.

4 Likes

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by GreyLaw(m): 9:23am On Sep 30, 2022
Meteoritey:

I want to doubt the veracity of this story. However, if this story were true, don't you think you are prideful and stupid at the same time?

I cannot begin to wrap my head who some people are brought up these days. You cut your husband off for 9 weeks after disrespectfully hanging up on him and ignoring his calls and messages for 4 consecutive days and now you want us to help you?

Go and meet those counsellors who gave you the idea and prodded you on to disrespect your husband thus.

The above is what is in my mind to tell you, but please the truth is that you should, if possible, take a few days of and visit him and when you meet him, kneel down immediately and apologise. Shock him with humility wndnyou'll watching him turn around.

3 Likes

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:07am On Sep 30, 2022
Exactly, he is having an affair. He thinks the grass is always greener at the other aide grin , but time may teach him a lesson. She offended him, yes I agree, but it's very imature that he embarrassed his wife's relatives over a marital problem that could have been trashed out.
BRATISLAVA:

He is probably having an affair wherever he is, and is about to switch it up and divorce her, that's why he's making it a case for gossip within her family. He's creating space so that he can do it without regrets. Her apologies can only go so far. She can't force him to be in a marriage with her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by CoolAmbience(m): 10:20am On Sep 30, 2022
socialmediaman:
Ego, Self Centeredness, Disregard, Disrespect all combined! That's what's happening to your marriage. Your husband has had enough

I agree with you totally.

Women have a very high tendency to look down on their own man....

But go about kneeling, bending....saying 'Sir' to other men, mostly religious leaders.

Most women are very disrespectful to their men. Nothing dampens the love a man has for a woman than disrespect.

Imagine the OP acknowledging that she 'had heated argument' and even hung up on her husband. That should never have happened. No virtuous woman will allow communication with her husband degenerate into a verbal confrontation.

No man likes a 'challenge-like' approach to settling issues by his wife. Calmer, non-aggressive women have greater, positive influence and grip on their men.

This is arrant nonsense. You allow your man speak and you listen, even if you aren't in agreement with what he is saying. You could always find the perfect time to discuss your outlook and views about any issue, and make him see reasons why his position isn't the most appropriate, with love and respect.

You don't get angry when your husband is already angry, and then tell him off.

I am an advocate of care, appreciation and tenderness towards women, but I do not condone disrespect. I take it very seriously.

So OP, make effort to fix your marriage if you still want it, and endeavour to learn your lessons from this afterwards.

Get someone he respects alot to reach out to him, and help initiate a reconciliation.

I do not agree with those who think that your husband is childish in his actions. That is incorrect. What do you expect from a man who made effort to reach out to his wife for over two months, after a disagreement? What kind of woman begrudges and cuts off communication from her own husband for more than two months?

Why be say if women pay bills for one week or even a day sef, the whole world go hear am? Women matter don dey wan taya me sef.

I no go lie sha, most men don cast.

2 Likes

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:20am On Sep 30, 2022
So many angry mentions from bitter frustrated*NL men grin . I said what I said, if it hurts badly you can as well jam your dumb" heads on the wall.

People have more serious marital issues, they sort themselves and move on, but the man decided to let the whole world know that his wife offended him. He went as far as embarrassing his wife before her younger sister's fiance, very imature. He refused to answer her call. Is that the best approach? No it is not.
Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by IAmTobore(m): 10:48am On Sep 30, 2022
Meteoritey:

Aunty u try o. He called you back to back to for 4 days, you didn't answer. You waited 9 weeks (2 months and a week) to call him regarding an unrelated issue. Definitely, if that issue hadn't come up, you already made up your mind that he is not your husband. I know why you're angry. Because you're carrying the responsibility of the kids, and you hated to hear him say he's more worked up than you. He could be actually more worked up than you even though his work is not enough to carter for the kids. I don't have any solid advice for you because, at this point, it seems like you overdid it.

Put yourself in his shoes, if someone snubbed your calls for 4 days, and only called you after 2 months, how would you feel? What would you want the person to do to make it up to you? Go think about it, and try to do it to make it up to him. Don't expect him to be ok with what you did. Men are also sensitive. Men have emotions.

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by IAmTobore(m): 11:01am On Sep 30, 2022
Highways:
Okay... During that 9weeks who were you phucking... The story never finish....
grin grin I swear. She need to talk.

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by BRATISLAVA: 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
Exactly, he is having an affair. He thinks the grass is always greener at the other aide grin , but time may teach him a lesson. She offended him, yes I agree, but it's very imature that he embarrassed his wife's relatives over a marital problem that could have been trashed out.

Be that as it may, your user image is beautiful. How did he get the deer to follow him home?
Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by CCC2(m): 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2022
You ghosted him for 9weeks(2months +). He has not even ghosted you for a month and you are complaining.

Admission and Marriage is here, and because your family wants to bill him, you decided to start sending him "unrelated" messages.
If not for billing, why does he need to speak to your sister twice on both marriage and study?

Na only you sabi vex. U better start sending apologies in text before he acquires a companion.
Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2022
It's a baby deer, most young animals are always friendly and receptive.
BRATISLAVA:

Be that as it may, your user image is beautiful. How did he get the deer to follow him home?

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by UCHIHAmask: 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2022
ShenTeh:
Confirm guy.

It takes two humble or humbled people to make marriage work.

You dropped the call on your self-proclaimed husband, ignored his repeated attempts to reach you including his messages and want him to respect your wishes. Come on.

Respect is very important to us men regardless of how much of a s!ssy the world wants to reduce the gender to today. You treat him like shit but still want him to come through for you and your family.

As we grow older, we cherish peace more. He is probably evaluating his life and happy to miss your drama in it at the mo.
As in correct "confirm guy man".
I'm always happy when I see men that can hold their thoughts from emotional weakness.

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Lovelydaisies: 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2022
Communication is key, especially in a marriage, more especially when it's a distance marriage.

You just displayed oyibo character over there. If they're angry, they tell you their minds and 'cut you off', no matter how badly they might need you. Very nonsensical behavior.

I wonder how people ignore people instead of thrashing out issues, couples inclusive. Like, how do you see your husband's or wife's calls/texts and ignore, out of anger? Come on! And for how long?!

I was beginning to fear that he might have kicked the bucket but thank God, he's alive. This means that things can still be done.
Quickly look for ways to make amends and reconcile. There's no time. Don't give the devil a chance to destroy your home at this moment or ever again.
Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Wande22(m): 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2022
Darkmode64:

You can say that again.
this Generation of women sha! I feel my wife should taste this kain paracetamol wey this man give im wife

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Wande22(m): 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
gb'enu e soun

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by BRATISLAVA: 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
It's a baby deer, most young animals are always friendly and receptive.

It's lovely.
Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2022
Blueelf:
You're talking about communication and then you go ahead to say silent treatment is okay for a few days. You're obviously contradicting yourself.

Please don't let me insult you this morning. The OP annoying behavior has gotten me angry already. Don't let me go at you!!!

You're a glorified simp and if you don't man up, them go use you do butter

thats because you didnt focus on what i wrote...again they are BOTH wrong! therefore just because you need to COMMUNICATE with your partner, doesnt mean you cant vent your frustration away before you do so. a man filled with anger CANNOT communicate properly.

remember, i am talking to two sets of NLer at the same time, who have different view on this issue.... the men who are against me calling the husband childish AND the women who believe the wife shouldnt kneel and beg.

chigoizie7:
As usual. Always blame the victim. In all these, a man that has been mentally and emotionally abused is automatically the victim. Why ? Because he is a man without emotion.

here we go again....because a man could be the bigger person in the room, its automatically wrong and this is viewed as me "blaming" the man.

here is a clue: life isnt about ALWAYS winning and/or be right, sometimes you need to find ways to bring peace to your union. expecting your way to always be THE WAY, isnt healthy, and even if you were always right, sometimes you have to understand the animal in front of you, in order to better tame it. defusing the situation doesnt take anything from you being right; doesnt make you weak; it simply is a way to bring peace so that you people can deal with the issue at hand in a sane environment (rather than away from the family and kids)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding / When your maid becomes the madam. / Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.