Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc (5193 Views)

How effective is Nysc Self state Deployment Survey Results ....lets Roll / How Is NYSC In Akwa-ibom State / Is NYSC Batch B List Out In Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by iz2much: 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2011
Many Nigeria Youths lost their lives on this
No doubt its good but when we start loosing lives to this THANG its bad
A family friend of mine lost her only daughter in an accident when she was travelling to Minna for the So- Post Jamb.
and mothers having sleepless nights because their children is out in another place where no one knows of. some are as young as 17 or 18. check out how Corps was murdered in the just concluded election, It brings tears to our eyes when we remember all the people that lost someone they love to this.
Most Directors in ministries doesnt even had most of their own kids running around just for the post Jamb. same with NYSC, they make sure their wards had the chosen state of service.
we can continue like this.
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by iz2much: 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2011
i talked about few days ago
we can keep loosing our family and friends
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-737821.0.html
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by ektbear: 2:51am On Aug 18, 2011
Post JAMB kind of has to be done? Too much concern about cheating in JAMB
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by MMM2(m): 5:00am On Aug 18, 2011
yes
but i dont think d government can stop nysc, becos of d money dey loot from dere.
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by udbyron1(m): 6:07am On Aug 18, 2011
this is something you and I know it can never happen even if our leaders are held at GUN POINT.although the poster seem to have concern for the nation but forget about it for nowcuz one thing is certain one day we will surely get there.
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by jslimz(f): 7:17am On Aug 18, 2011
poster, its nt only ur concern. We all r troubled abt it. My concern is nysc now, cuz m due 4 it.
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by Abayomin70(m): 7:50am On Aug 18, 2011
it can neva be scrapped
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by akyus(m): 8:00am On Aug 18, 2011
@Poster, you're someone who really value a human life. And I like that. But you see when you have a car accident, it's another car that takes you to the hospital. We've have had so many plane crash but we can't just stop flying. A student who is preparing for a university education even if he skips post utme one day must leave the parents to stay in the university no matter how young. With the manner in which jamb and waec exams are conducted these days, I won't support the scraping of Post utme. But would rather advocate improving the process. As for the NYSC I know it has failed it's main purpose. So we should not be risking the lives of our graduates for it's sake.
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by OnweEmekaE(m): 8:30am On Aug 18, 2011
I am a graduate 4rm secondary school i have the zeal to further my education, but i want to join the nigerian armed force but considering the situation of the country, i dont have much connections and i dont know how to actuallize my dreams

Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by gidson12(m): 8:39am On Aug 18, 2011
^^Mumu do you think nairaland is facebook, get that your wugly pic off
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by agitator: 8:44am On Aug 18, 2011
iz2much:

and mothers having sleepless nights because their children is out in another place where no one knows of. some are as young as 17 or 18.

And they will attend the university from home abi, where accident no go kill dem because their mama and papa go stop the accident?

bring another point this one too lame wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by Strongfaze(m): 8:58am On Aug 18, 2011
plz, non of the above should be stopped. i guess you are looking at the glass cup as half full. Infact there should be a thorough swapping of graduates from the North to the South and vice-versa. see yourself as a Nigerian first.
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by marcus1234: 9:47am On Aug 18, 2011
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by pheesayor(m): 10:14am On Aug 18, 2011
gidson12:

^^Mumu do you think nairaland is facebook, get that your wugly pic off

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin that's wicked grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by meetmuyiwa(m): 10:37am On Aug 18, 2011
akyus:

@Poster, you're someone who really value a human life. And I like that. But you see when you have a car accident, it's another car that takes you to the hospital. We've have had so many plane crash but we can't just stop flying. A student who is preparing for a university education even if he skips post utme one day must leave the parents to stay in the university no matter how young. With the manner in which jamb and waec exams are conducted these days, I won't support the scraping of Post utme. But would rather advocate improving the process. As for the NYSC I know it has failed it's main purpose. So we should not be risking the lives of our graduates for it's sake.

True talk. its a pity d poster lost someone close. but its just coincident the person died on the way to write post ume. he/she could hv also died on the way to school after admission. do we then raise the motion to scrap universities,
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by Ben13: 11:00am On Aug 18, 2011
I like post Jamb but I don't like NYSC
I like NYSC, but I don't like Post Jamb
I dilike both NYSC and Postjamb. . .

Argument will continue until we have no more silava left.
PRESCRIPTION: Let's just go on with life until these things go into extinction.
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 18, 2011
The should leave NYSC alone 4 now. Maybe aftter batch c this November, which is my turn, then they can think of scrapping it. This fun there will never elude me. Neva!
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by olawalebabs(m): 11:54am On Aug 18, 2011
I will not subscribe to the scrapping of post jamb, rather i will want Jamb to be scrap, that way the university will have some sort of autonomy.
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by noskeybaba: 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2011
Bia, dis guy advocating for scrapping of NYSC should take time. Not in my own turn. Nnaa meen, I don calculate d 'chedda, e be lyk say d sum is in 6 figures. If u no wan go there are ways u can do so. Male u claim sick, female u claim u are pregnant. Abeg no use ur "regge" spoil my "blues". Biko!

Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by starfox(m): 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2011
Ben-10:

I like post Jamb but I don't like NYSC
I like NYSC, but I don't like Post Jamb
I dilike both NYSC and Postjamb. . .

Argument will continue until we have no more silava left.
PRESCRIPTION: Let's just go on with life until these things go into extinction.

@Ben 10,

While you do have a point, please lets be diplomatic and sensitive to other people's feelings. If you where standing in front of the original poster, I am sure you response would have need more tactful. However, this invisible wall called the internet has made us all look callous. The poster has just suffered grief, you should at least empathize.

What is the whole point of post Jamb if a students has to travel mile to write the exam. Kudos to Unilag for making it an online exam, that will ease some of the problems faced by students. There was the case of pre-degree students raped in Ogun state the other day because the school could not provide adequate accommodation and they resorted to renting accommodation themselves. As such, they were exposed to various security threats that culminated in them been robbed and raped.

In that instance would it not be sensible to police schools so that they do not take more students than their capacity?

As for Nysc and the guys looking for to the wages they will collect, I do sympathize with you. The condition of the Nigerian Graduate makes him/her look forward to collecting monthly stipends from the government. In my own opinion, Nysc robs Nigerian graduates of 1-2 years for both the ones that attended and the ones exempted.

If you go for service, Job is not assured, if you dont go, employers will use that to screen, there is problem in the land. However, Nysc is not worth the lives of our graduates. If it was that important, Children of Governors and ministers will post photos and pictures of their adventures in camp and will tell us tales of what happened during their time in service but alas, they are usually smuggled into the system and that is if it becomes absolutely necessary.

I hope some of you will not be sent to Borno because you find N19,000 a month alluring. Nysc is a waste of time. It is the day you are passing out that you will realise that there are better ways to spend one year.

Thank you.
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by agitator: 12:57pm On Aug 18, 2011
starfox:

@Ben 10,

While you do have a point, please lets be diplomatic and sensitive to other people's feelings. If you where standing in front of the original poster, I am sure you response would have need more tactful. However, this invisible wall called the internet has made us all look callous. The poster has just suffered grief, you should at least empathize.

What is the whole point of post Jamb if a students has to travel mile to write the exam. Kudos to Unilag for making it an online exam, that will ease some of the problems faced by students. There was the case of pre-degree students violated in Ogun state the other day because the school could not provide adequate accommodation and they resorted to renting accommodation themselves. As such, they were exposed to various security threats that culminated in them been robbed and violated.

In that instance would it not be sensible to police schools so that they do not take more students than their capacity?

As for Nysc and the guys looking for to the wages they will collect, I do sympathize with you. The condition of the Nigerian Graduate makes him/her look forward to collecting monthly stipends from the government. In my own opinion, Nysc robs Nigerian graduates of 1-2 years for both the ones that attended and the ones exempted.

If you go for service, Job is not assured, if you dont go, employers will use that to screen, there is problem in the land. However, Nysc is not worth the lives of our graduates. If it was that important, Children of Governors and ministers will post photos and pictures of their adventures in camp and will tell us tales of what happened during their time in service but alas, they are usually smuggled into the system and that is if it becomes absolutely necessary.

I hope some of you will not be sent to Borno because you find N19,000 a month alluring. Nysc is a waste of time. It is the day you are passing out that you will realise that there are better ways to spend one year.

Thank you.

so only people who are going for post Jamb dey die, dat one no be excuse. Ok if to say she no been dey go for post JAMB when the accident happen wetin you for talk? what about the students wey die for SOSOLISO plane crash? make dem scrap the school?
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by Texther(m): 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2011
Onwe Emeka E:

I am a graduate 4rm secondary school i have the zeal to further my education, but i want to join the nigerian armed force but considering the situation of the country, i dont have much connections and i dont know how to actuallize my dreams
i WILL GIV U ibb's NUMBER
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by DrNebor: 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2011
A family friend of mine lost her only daughter in an accident when she was traveling to Minna for the So- Post Jamb.
and mothers having sleepless nights because their children is out in another place where no one knows of. some are as young as 17 or 18. check out how Corps was murdered in the just concluded election,  It brings tears to our eyes when we remember all the people that lost someone they love to this.
Most Directors in ministries doesn't even had most of their own kids running around just for the post Jamb. same with NYSC, they make sure their wards had the chosen state of service.
we can continue like this.

THIS IS A WAY OF REDUCING POPULATION
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by Silanka: 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2011
y nt kill urself so population will reduce

Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by Mobsync(m): 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2011
~Too much cheating in jamb, let post` jamb` stay bt schools should hv exam centres in key towns bt Nigerian factor~(`expo go start) may hinder it. Let the NYSC leave its way off track. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 18, 2011
The fact is that, both nysc n post jamb cannot be scraped. So many lives are put at risk bcus of dese post jamb n nysc, but live still goes on. @poster, i undastand u re concerned 4 dis nation, but u can't say bcus pple die car accident u wont use car anymore, or that plane crashed n killed so many pple u wont fly. Neither can u say bcus sum1 was killed outside his house, u wont go out anymore, and so on. Eva heard of d sayin 'man builts wot kills him, yet can't do witout it'. It's d plain truth, the issue b focus on, is how post jamb n nysc can be made better n standard 4 d growth of our beloved nation. GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!jamb n nysc can be made better n standard 4 d growth of our beloved nation. GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!![color=#770077][/color]
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by olawalebabs(m): 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2011
If we are to scrap Jamb and NYSC because of those instances, then Nigeria as a country need to also be scrap because the myriad of problem facing us is more than that. What i will suggest is total overhaul of the system.
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by LOLOH: 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2011
I THINK POST JAMB SHOULD BE BANNED! ITS LIKE THEY DONT EVEN GIVE A PHUCK ABOUT THE LESS PRIVILEGED, AFTER PAYING FOR WAEC, NECO, U PAY FOR JAMB, BUY SCRATCH CARDS TO CHECK YOUR RESULTS, TRAVEL LONG DISTANCES FOR POST UTME-THAT REQUIRES MONEY TOO, YOU HAVE THE PROBLEM OF ACCOMMODATION, AND THEN YOU HAVE TO TRAVEL BACK HOME, THAT IN SUMMARY SEF, NA WA WOOOOOOOO! HOW ABOUT THE CHILDREN OF FARMERS, TAILORS, GUARDS? ETC THESE GUYS WILL HAVE A HARD TIME SENDING THEIR CHILDREN TO SKOOL, GOD HELP US, IT SHOULD BE STOPPED
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by Natasha2(f): 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2011
I just want them to stop that NYSC rubbish
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 19, 2011
I'm a Batch B corp member - posted to Abia state: As far as I am concerned NYSC is rubbish, bullshit and any other adjective I can use to qualify it. It doesn't in anyway boost unity amongst supposed Nigerians from different background - at camp you'd find groups of Hausas, Yorubas, Igbos moving together respectively. Yorubas/Igbos from Lagos interacted bur nor hausas, they seem to prefer their likes. The living condition is really poor and the paramilitary whatever is too extreme - they're so irrelevant to this age. Instead of this 1 year of bullshit, the govt should create more jobs or give out loans to help graduates capable of starting up a business/company. They know all these but would never scrap it because it puts money in Tsiga's pocket and so called camp directors bla bla bla. bleeped People.
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by Franchais: 5:53am On Aug 19, 2011
Fellow nigerians lets all hand be on deck 2 make sure that we stop dis post utme nd their so called nysc
Re: Post Jamb Sould Be Stopped So Is Nysc by McAmah(m): 11:44am On Aug 19, 2011
LOLOH:

I THINK POST JAMB SHOULD BE BANNED! ITS LIKE THEY DONT EVEN GIVE A PHUCK ABOUT THE LESS PRIVILEGED, AFTER PAYING FOR WAEC, NECO, U PAY FOR JAMB, BUY SCRATCH CARDS TO CHECK YOUR RESULTS, TRAVEL LONG DISTANCES FOR POST UTME-THAT REQUIRES MONEY TOO, YOU HAVE THE PROBLEM OF ACCOMMODATION, AND THEN YOU HAVE TO TRAVEL BACK HOME, THAT IN SUMMARY SEF, NA WA WOOOOOOOO! HOW ABOUT THE CHILDREN OF FARMERS, TAILORS, GUARDS? ETC THESE GUYS WILL HAVE A HARD TIME SENDING THEIR CHILDREN TO SKOOL, GOD HELP US, IT SHOULD BE STOPPED
i dnt think dat using d less priviledge as ur reason 4 d eradication of post jamb is a relevant point.E.G, why would a farmer or tailor living in calabar sends his son/daughter 2 study in lagos/abj wen he is aware of his financial situation.probably he should learn 2 cut his coat according 2 his size.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC Orientation Camp Preparation / 12 Brilliant Ways To Make Extra Earnings As A Corper / Post Your NYSC Pictures Here!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.