Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? (599 Views)

Share Your Thought (picture). / Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by concho(m): 2:11pm On Feb 01
I recently came to Your state (Lagos) from Kano for a three months training. I’m physically busy twice a week here and I have the rest of the days for anything else I want to do

I went to a market here in Mainland to buy egusi(melon) , beans and other food stuffs , only for me to figure out that the prices are extremely high .

I was disappointed with everything I bought after comparing them with what I used to buy in Kano town , not even the villages .

I think I should create a side hustle around this niche and also use the avenue to subsidize the price as much as I can .

I have the money for these venture as my only concern right now is the market to explore and the means of selling out cheaply as I’m new here in Lagos.

What’s your thought please

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by Nazgul: 2:39pm On Feb 01
The logistics cost of bringing it to Lagos is why it was very expensive in the market. If you buy it at a cheap rate in Kano, and bring it down to Lagos, by the time it hits the market, you'd find yourself selling the same rate as those in the market.

To hire a trailer that would transport your goods from Kano to Lagos might cost you up to 600k. When you add the amount you'll settle police, customs, agberos...etc. You'll slide into depression.

12 Likes

Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by dawnomike(m): 3:04pm On Feb 01
concho:
I recently came to Your state (Lagos) from Kano for a three months training. I’m physically busy twice a week here and I have the rest of the days for anything else I want to do

I went to a market here in Mainland to buy egusi(melon) , beans and other food stuffs , only for me to figure out that the prices are extremely high .

I was disappointed with everything I bought after comparing them with what I used to buy in Kano town , not even the villages .

I think I should create a side hustle around this niche and also use the avenue to subsidize the price as much as I can .

I have the money for these venture as my only concern right now is the market to explore and the means of selling out cheaply as I’m new here in Lagos.

It is a good idea. But there is a market union you must join. Else, they won't admit your good into the market for sale

1 Like

Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by jmoore(m): 3:29pm On Feb 01
concho:

Na business you wan do, abi na charity?

If na business, you don do SWOT analysis? If your sole purpose is to subsidize prices of food, then you are doing charity, not business.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by concho(m): 7:28pm On Feb 01
dawnomike:
It is a good idea. But there is a market union you must join. Else, they won't admit your good into the market for sale
which market ?
Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by Eddie2024: 8:32pm On Feb 01
concho:

I have the money for these venture as my only concern right now is the market to explore and the means of selling out cheaply as I’m new here in Lagos

if you need helping hands I'm in, can also help you advertise it around my area
Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by concho(m): 8:36pm On Feb 01
Eddie2024:
if you need helping hands I'm in, can also help you advertise it around my area
Which area are you in ??
Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by Eddie2024: 8:47pm On Feb 01
concho:
Which area are you in ??
I stay on the island
Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by concho(m): 8:56pm On Feb 01
Eddie2024:
I stay on the island
Do you have any food market on the island ?
Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by Eddie2024: 9:11pm On Feb 01
concho:
Do you have any food market on the island ?
yes.... Alot of them
Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by concho(m): 9:16pm On Feb 01
Eddie2024:
yes.... Alot of them
can you write me on WhatsApp??
Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by Eddie2024: 9:22pm On Feb 01
concho:
can you write me on WhatsApp??
ok
Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by stacyadams: 9:22pm On Feb 01
concho:

..if ur price dey fair I go patronize u boss
Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by Ganjafama(m): 9:23pm On Feb 01
concho:

It's a good business venture only if kidnappers and bandits allow you. Any business that involves constant travels particularly on northern roads is more or less like playing bet9ja with your life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by concho(m): 10:04pm On Feb 01
stacyadams:
..if ur price dey fair I go patronize u boss
you sell food stuff ?
Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by duduade: 11:20pm On Feb 01
You could also go into delivering online orders too
Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by stacyadams: 12:31am On Feb 02
concho:
you sell food stuff ?

Nah bro
..am a full time consumer like my yeye country always consuming grin
Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by northbird: 5:07am On Feb 02
concho:

Ditch the idea. 3 reasons

1. You don't have a structure for distribution and storage.

2. Transport costs incurred are high .

3. Market unions will frustrate your efforts

1 Like

Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by concho(m): 6:47am On Feb 02
northbird:

Ditch the idea. 3 reasons

1. You don't have a structure for distribution and storage.

2. Transport costs incurred are high .

3. Market unions will frustrate your efforts

1. Same reasons why we are in this mess today (structure)

(2) Got this figured

(3) The biggest union asked for 350k , covered too

Now wish me luck

1 Like

Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by CHRISTFUCKER: 7:24am On Feb 02
Transport to Onitsha and thank me later

1 Like

Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by concho(m): 5:46pm On Feb 02
CHRISTFUCKER:
Transport to Onitsha and thank me later
Is the market in Onitsha better than Lagos ??
Re: I Want To Bring Food Stuff From Kano To Lagos , What’s Your Thought ?? by flokii: 2:34am On Feb 05
Food items are cheaper in the North compared to South.. the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos and several rick folks in big vehicles have made market men and women wise up and start selling at higher prices..
@OP How do you intend to transport from Kano to Lagos? Is it by air or road?. Hope you've factored-in the cost of long vehicles, fuel, driver salary, egunje that your driver will drop at some checkpoints etc.
Do a feasibility study first before you'll spend money and won't get profit.

(1) (Reply)

Case Closed / What Do We Do To Kidnappers In Nigeria / If You Could, what would you change about yourself and your partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.