Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,905 members, 7,838,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

What Is Your Lowest State In Life And How Did You Overcome It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Lowest State In Life And How Did You Overcome It? (529 Views)

Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? / Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? / How Do I Overcome This Temptation From This Sexy Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Lowest State In Life And How Did You Overcome It? by luluosas(m): 8:56am On Oct 03, 2022
Hello Nairalanders,
Happy New Month and Happy 62nd Nigeria Independence to you all.

This thoughts popped up in my mind a while ago after seeing this thread https://www.nairaland.com/7363333/panic-nigerian-lady-leaves-suicidal and the reactions of her friends on her Facebook wall.

Well, I will never succumb to suicide no matter the lowest state I may find myself in life. In fact, suicidals are COWARDS, and no person should ever consider suicide because it is not actually the end to ends one's miseries in life, but a SURE BEGINNING OF SORROWS, PAINS AND EVERLASTING TORMENTS IN HELL FIRE whether you believe it or not. So, suicide should be ruled out as a solution to anything please.

To the topic, I, Luluosas posted about my financial challenges here on Nairaland, asking for help to help me settle my huge indebtedness which is currently biting hard on me here https://www.nairaland.com/7337771/need-rather-beg-than-steal, and although there's no support received so far from this platform after the post, however, the reactions I received on the same post on Facebook are both NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE which prompted this thread.

So, on Facebook, while majority believed that my Facebook account was hacked, others mocked that maybe God was dealing with me as a result of my sins. Even someone that knows me personally and actually bought MTN data subscription from me the previous week to my post called it a scam.

Only a few friends responded with positive comments. And by the grace of God, 3 friends actually sent me money, 2 from the US, and 1 from Northern Nigeria. Some also called me on the phone to sympathized with me and encouraged me never to give up. May God bless them truly in Jesus name. Amen.

So, when someone posts about their challenges, some people sees it as an avenue to mock the person and hence, many do keep things to themselves until they can't help it further, and they end up committing suicide. People tends to blame the dead by then saying why didn't he/she speaks out? And even you that got to know about it, what effort did you put in to help him/her when it was needed most? To some extent, it is NOT ALL THEIR FAULT but their failure to surmount the challenges themselves plays a crucial role in their suicide decisions.

Now, have you ever come to the lowest ebb in your life, and even contemplated suicide in the process?
Tell us, how did you surmount the challenges and the lessons to learn from your experience(s)?

NOTE:
Please, mock no one. If you can't make any positive contribution to people's post, just read and pass. God bless you all.

N.B.
Moderators, if this piece is WORTH FRONTPAGE, please, kindly do the needful.

Happy reading. Happy commenting.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Lowest State In Life And How Did You Overcome It? by luluosas(m): 8:57am On Oct 03, 2022
Will give my advice on this spot

Modified.
Please, never you consider suicide whenever you come to your lowest point in life. Remember that life itself is a challenge, and succeeding to scale through life productively is a greater challenge.
Therefore, do remember that only THE LIVING has hope. Keep pushing, keep trusting, keep believing that there's a better TOMORROW ahead of you.
With positive mindset and damning the consequences maybe of your previous actions, you will surely triumph.
Please, do not give in to the devilish thoughts of suicide. Beg instead, speak out and put shame aside and you shall come out victoriously.

God bless you all
Re: What Is Your Lowest State In Life And How Did You Overcome It? by robinso01(m): 9:05am On Oct 03, 2022
Many are really going through a lot. I try as much as possible not to make jest of anyone challenges, but try to encourage them. Many are down and needs people to encourage them.

My advice to people is that they should not make jest of people seeking help online, if at all they can't help, they should keep quiet rather making the matter worst by abusing or making jest of them.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Lowest State In Life And How Did You Overcome It? by luluosas(m): 9:15am On Oct 03, 2022
God bless you. This is a million advice and timely

robinso01:
Many are really going through a lot. I try as much as possible not to make jest of anyone challenges, but try to encourage them. Many are down and needs people to encourage them.

My advice to people is that they should not make jest of people seeking help online, if at all they can't help, they should keep quiet rather making the matter worst by abusing or making jest of them.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Lowest State In Life And How Did You Overcome It? by FaceTanke: 9:30am On Oct 03, 2022
I didn't gain admission for about seven years

I still had extra year at uni, this was the straw that would have broke my camel's back but I thank my uncle for his kind words, I honestly would have consumed sniper

A guy in another Dept in my school, same year also had extra year and he ingested sniper

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Lowest State In Life And How Did You Overcome It? by luluosas(m): 9:33am On Oct 03, 2022
Jesus! Glory be to God my dear. You are alive today to share your experiences. By the grace of God, all will be well.
FaceTanke:
I didn't gain admission for about seven years

I still had extra year at uni, this was the straw that would have broke my camel's back but I thank my uncle for his kind words, I honestly would have consumed sniper

A guy in another Dept in my school, same year also had extra year and he ingested sniper

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Lowest State In Life And How Did You Overcome It? by HarlequinLekex: 10:29am On Oct 03, 2022
Op get this straight; those who commit suicides are not cowards it is condition of life that happened to them.No matter how brave u ar if you are going through some kind of other sides of life situations the probability of you committing suicide is 90%,may life not happen to us in that perspective

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Lowest State In Life And How Did You Overcome It? by luluosas(m): 10:57am On Oct 03, 2022
My dear, I have no apology for suicidals, don't even bring it up here.
Have you ever heard of the word 'a problem shared is a problem solved'? So, some are ashamed to maybe face the consequences of their actions and they choose suicide as escape route, while others because of their ego feels that the best way out is suicide. That's cowardice my dear. Take care

HarlequinLekex:
Op get this straight; those who commit suicides are not cowards it is condition of life that happened to them.No matter how brave u ar if you are going through some kind of other sides of life situations the probability of you committing suicide is 90%,may life not happen to us in that perspective

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Lowest State In Life And How Did You Overcome It? by mjuvey3: 11:08am On Oct 03, 2022
I'm presently going through the roughest period of my life.

I used to think nairalanders that beg for help on this platform were insincere not until I lost my job some months ago.

It's been hell.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Lowest State In Life And How Did You Overcome It? by luluosas(m): 11:13am On Oct 03, 2022
Jesus is Lord. Keep hope alive my brother. All shall be well.
Cared to share your contact please? Let's talk. I shall be waiting. God bless you.

mjuvey3:
I'm presently going through the roughest period of my life.

I used to think nairalanders that beg for help on this platform were insincere not until I lost my job some months ago.

I come from a poor home and the only sibling I have that's rich don't wanna help anyone from the family at all.

I'm very gentle, easygoing and creative.....Today I've walked the whole of Ikeja looking for a job all to no avail.

I've prayed,fasted, done series of deliverance yet no change.

Funniest thing is I've been told by different people that I'm destined for greatness and I have a very bright Glory.

At 34,No job,no wife,no apartment of my own,no kid,no money.

A nairalander here even advised me to do something drastic but I come from a good home even though we're poor.

Life is hectic.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Lowest State In Life And How Did You Overcome It? by HarlequinLekex: 11:49am On Oct 03, 2022
luluosas:
My dear, I have no apology for suicidals, don't even bring it up here.
Have you ever heard of the word 'a problem shared is a problem solved'? So, some are ashamed to maybe face the consequences of their actions and they choose suicide as escape route, while others because of their ego feels that the best way out is suicide. That's cowardice my dear. Take care

Do you know it is not only those two reasons above cause suicide,anyways i respect ur opinion as everywan is entitled to their own opinion
Re: What Is Your Lowest State In Life And How Did You Overcome It? by luluosas(m): 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2022
To a larger degree, suicide is hinged on these two points above, and those involved knows it too well. Thanks for respecting my opinion.

HarlequinLekex:
Do you know it is not only those two reasons above cause suicide,anyways i respect ur opinion as everywan is entitled to their own opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Lowest State In Life And How Did You Overcome It? by luluosas(m): 6:39pm On Oct 04, 2022
Nairalanders, please share your experience so that we all can learn

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Sale Of 1.5hp Lg Dual Inverter Ac / Married And Clubbing Series: Ladies Night At Puzzles Ugep / Four Stages Of Elimination In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.