Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:29 AM

Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) (741 Views)

How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa? / Is Religion A Scam? / Is Religion The Problem Of The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2022
Yes, right, just as the headline says, is religion, not a scam? You are probably wondering why I am asking this question, well, I would give you my reason and I just need you to confirm or make me understand why religion is not a scam, I am a Christian, (not a brainwashed one), I have an open mind and I can attend any church, sorry I won't play that game of division, because at the end of the day no church can tie me down.

Ukraine and Russia are both orthodox Christians, brothers, and neighbors, but why are they killing each other like this? Can't they settle it? Even the leader of the orthodox church in Russia was supporting the war, so tell me, is religion not a scam? Share your thoughts guys.

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2022/09/russia-ukrainian-war-is-religion-scam.html?m=1

Re: Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by Creamypie(m): 4:30pm On Oct 03, 2022
walkbrazil4k:
Yes, right, just as the headline says, is religion, not a scam? You are probably wondering why I am asking this question, well, I would give you my reason and I just need you to confirm or make me understand why religion is not a scam, I am a Christian, (not a brainwashed one), I have an open mind and I can attend any church, sorry I won't play that game of division, because at the end of the day no church can tie me down.

Ukraine and Russia are both orthodox Christians, brothers, and neighbors, but why are they killing each other like this? Can't they settle it? Even the leader of the orthodox church in Russia was supporting the war, so tell me, is religion not a scam? Share your thoughts guys.

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2022/09/russia-ukrainian-war-is-religion-scam.html?m=1
true religion has no business with war and politics
Re: Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by Dtruthspeaker: 4:36pm On Oct 03, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

Ukraine and Russia are both orthodox Christians, brothers, and neighbors, but why are they killing each other like this? Can't they settle it? Even the leader of the orthodox church in Russia was supporting the war, so tell me, is religion not a scam? Share your thoughts guy

Christianity is not a scam but humans are not Christ-like therefore, they do all things evil eg scamming and pursuing other people's properties (covetousness), all against The Laws of Christianity.

Therefore, Russia/Ukraine are not Christians.
Re: Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by Nebes: 4:40pm On Oct 03, 2022
When a younger brother insists on befriending and bringing his elder brother's enemy home there will never be piece in that home.

Religion aside, Ukraine can do without joining NATO. Why insist on provoking Russia? There's no gain in this. Russians and Ukrainians are the same people believe me. I remember meeting Ukrainians who prefer to refer to themselves as Russians.

NATO has really helped to damage Ukraine.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

“Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it. Matthew 7:13-14

All the other religions on this planet are on the same road leading people into killing one another {Revelations 6:3-4} the only group that's on the path to life is true Christians but because Satan infused his agents in their midst since the first century {Matthew 13:25} in the year 1914 Jesus visited the earth and began separating his disciples from the other religions {Matthew 13:30 compare to Revelations 18:4} they're globally known today as JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
In 2017 Vladimir Putin of Russia labelled this peaceful group "EXTREMIST" but do you know that if only JWs are the religion in Russia nobody will support Putin in killing Ukrainians?
Well according to Jesus Christ all true disciples must have LOVE among themselves {John 13:34-35} and for neighbours! Mark 12:31

So if you're talking about scam in religion YES that's true but it's false religions the Bible called "Babylon the Great" {Revelations 17:5} that's using people to kill people due to politics and racism but in pure worship God's people has been taught never to raise weapons against anyone again! Isaiah 2:2-4 smiley

3 Likes

Re: Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by psucc(m): 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2022
Anybody that goes to church is a Christian. That's quite deceitful! It's not so.

By their fruits, Op, you should tell if they're Christians or not. Not by church activities.
Re: Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by lkamandoncome: 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
The idea of God is scam
Re: Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2022
lkamandoncome:
The idea of God is scam

I totally agree, I believe that there is supreme being, whichever name you want to call him cheesy
Re: Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
This is the man.

Re: Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

“Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it. Matthew 7:13-14

All the other religions on this planet are on the same road leading people into killing one another {Revelations 6:3-4} the only group that's on the path to life is true Christians but because Satan infused his agents in their midst since the first century {Matthew 13:25} in the year 1914 Jesus visited the earth and began separating his disciples from the other religions {Matthew 13:30 compare to Revelations 18:4} they're globally known today as JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
In 2017 Vladimir Putin of Russia labelled this peaceful group "EXTREMIST" but do you know that if only JWs are the religion in Russia nobody will support Putin in killing Ukrainians?
Well according to Jesus Christ all true disciples must have LOVE among themselves {John 13:34-35} and for neighbours! Mark 12:31

So if you're talking about scam in religion YES that's true but it's false religions the Bible called "Babylon the Great" {Revelations 17:5} that's using people to kill people due to politics and racism but in pure worship God's people has been taught never to raise weapons against anyone again! Isaiah 2:2-4 smiley

JW don't support war that's one thing I love about them.
Re: Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by zealander10: 10:19pm On Oct 03, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

I also love how Jehovah’s Witnesses apply the Bible in their personal lives. For me, they are the only true Christians. You can imagine that instead of taking up weapons of war against themselves, they are even ready to die for one another if need be. That’s how deep the love is. Read 1John 3:16
Re: Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 03, 2022
zealander10:

I also love how Jehovah’s Witnesses apply the Bible in their personal lives. For me, they are the only true Christians. You can imagine that instead of taking up weapons of war against themselves, they are even ready to die for one another if need be. That’s how deep the love is. Read 1John 3:16

That's so true.
Re: Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by Maynmann: 1:49am On Oct 06, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

I totally agree, I believe that there is supreme being, whichever name you want to call him cheesy

I also “believe” there is Pegasus. smiley

1 Like

Re: Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:29am On Oct 06, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

I was a Muslim when i first heard of "Christian soldiers" this sounds hilarious to me because i have thoroughly read Jesus' comments in the little Gideon's Bible we were given back then in school and from what i discovered there's no way a Christian can be a soldier so i always laugh at soldiers who are my colleagues claiming they're Christians.
But by the time i met the JWs i was fully convinced beyond reasonable doubt that truly Jesus have an army in our world today {Psalms 110:1-3} but what is their weapon? Well according to the Bible book of Luke 22:36 Jesus is telling all his disciples that whatever it will cost them each must possess his own copy of the Bible {Ephesians 6:17 compare to John 17:17} and from what i have seen in the midst of JWs that book is so powerful {Hebrews 4:12} that it has turned millions of prospective killers into harmless humans! Matthew 10:16

In the army we used weapons to force our enemies to surrender after so many casualties but with Jesus' way of fighting adopted by the JWs there is no casualties because they're not fighting against humans (flesh and blood) rather they're battling with the demons {Ephesians 6:12} that controls people making them to kill their neighbours conscientiously! Revelations 6:3-4

So unlike worldly soldiers Christian soldiers strategy is psychological not physical! smiley

1 Like

Re: Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 06, 2022
Maynmann:

I also “believe” there is Pegasus. smiley

Of course we all have what we believe in.

1 Like

Re: Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by TenQ: 11:39am On Oct 06, 2022
Nebes:
When a younger brother insists on befriending and bringing his elder brother's enemy home there will never be piece in that home.

Religion aside, Ukraine can do without joining NATO. Why insist on provoking Russia? There's no gain in this. Russians and Ukrainians are the same people believe me. I remember meeting Ukrainians who prefer to refer to themselves as Russians.

NATO has really helped to damage Ukraine.
Ukraine wasn't even dreaming of NATO in 2014 but Russia took Cremia. Ukraine was defenceless!

Up till now, Ukraine hasn't joined NATO: they applied only AFTER Russia invaded.

Who needs protection from who?
Re: Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) by Maynmann: 2:12pm On Oct 06, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

Of course we all have what we believe in.

We “believe” what we don’t “know”.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Anything If We All Die / Who Do We Believe In This Case: The Almighty Allah Or The Islamic Traditions / Pleace For Muslim's Brother's & Sister's Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.