Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe (2989 Views)

Genevieve, Funke , Mercy Johnson Nominated For AfricaMagic Viewers Awards / Sam Loco Efe Is Dead / Sam Loco Efe, Clem Ohameze, Nonso Diobi And Other Stars Win Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe by kateifeoma(f): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2011
A special movie festival is to be dedicated to the late veteran Nollywood actor Sam Loco Efe as AfricaMagic plans to honour him. This was announced by the MNet Managing Director Biola Alabi and AfricaMagic Channel Head Juniper Musa.

Tagged the ‘AfricaMagic Sam Loco Efe festival’, the series of movies will commence broadcast in October. The late actor’s profile as well as commemorative messages will be screened on air.

‘It is with deep regret and sadness that we learnt of the passing of Sam Loco Efe. A true giant of the industry, he will be greatly missed by many, who appreciated and applauded him for his commitment to his craft. We hope to shine a spotlight on his legacy by providing audiences with a movie festival of some of his best remembered roles. Further, we want to extend our sincerest sympathies to all who loved and admired him. He was in every way a Nollywood icon whose contributions to the industry were vast, varied and valued’, it was announced.

Movies included in the AfricaMagic ‘Sam Loco Efe’ festival include Out of Sight (Parts 1 and 2), Heart of Stone (Parts 1 and 2), Boundless Love, Great Ancestors, Eternal, Mr. Lecturer and Marcus de Millionaire (Part 1 and 2).

Sam Loco passed on Sunday August 7 in Owerri.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/entartainment/4801-africa-magic-pays-tribute-to-sam-loco-efe-

Re: Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe by blackchief(m): 8:29am On Aug 22, 2011
Great move from Africamagic. He was a Great son of Africa and the fun and joy he brought to us on the screen would be greatly missed.
Re: Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe by marcus1234: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2011
Re: Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe by executinal(m): 10:47am On Aug 22, 2011
Well done African Magic, He is an icon
Re: Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe by damola1: 10:54am On Aug 22, 2011
Are they going to be paying sam loco's estate or family any money, since this will attract more subscriptions?, How much?, 1M, 10M, 100M?, or they just want sam loco's family to stay hungry,
Re: Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe by Allohrandy(m): 1:41pm On Aug 22, 2011
Thats a very great way for africa magic to remember sam loco efe
Re: Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe by ITHANKGOD: 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2011
@POETIKALZ

Wow what a heartless business man you are. No need to say much but personally if you are the only engineer around for borehole i will prefer to drink from the mud for the rest of my life.

Thanks
Re: Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe by Ben13: 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2011
SAM LOCO was good. He and some other actors makes me still interested in seeing Nollywood movies.
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe by MeGaStReEt: 8:20pm On Aug 22, 2011
would love to see Picadilli
Re: Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe by LesbianBoy(m): 11:45pm On Aug 22, 2011
ITHANKGOD:

@POETIKALZ

Wow what a heartless business man you are. No need to say much but personally if you are the only engineer around for borehole i will prefer to drink from the mud for the rest of my life.

Thanks
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe by kizito96(m): 12:57am On Aug 23, 2011
They just have to, because they have used his movies to make money
Re: Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe by rabzy: 10:09am On Aug 23, 2011
I want to go on a raid for some of his best films. i remember his role as 'sergeant okoro'. please if anyone knows some of his best acts kindly list them here and where i can get them to buy in lagos.
Re: Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe by MMM2(m): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2011
na wo oh
Re: Africamagic To Pay Tribute To Sam Loco Efe by chelseabmw(m): 2:15am On Aug 24, 2011
good one

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Popular Slangs Invented From Jenifa’s Diary Series / Top 10 City Destruction Scenes In Movies. / The Hit, The First Nigeria Movie That Has Caught My Cynical Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.