Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,201 members, 7,953,742 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:30 AM

Migrating From Glo Instant Surf - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Migrating From Glo Instant Surf (5905 Views)

Mtn Introduces Simple Hourly Surf Or Internet Browsing / Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo / Surf The Web Anonymously! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Migrating From Glo Instant Surf by Lawalemi(m): 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2011
I subscribed to Glo Istant Surf, a 24hrs 10MB internet plan. Since its exhaution, I have been unable to subscribe to another plan as it tells me my ' current plan is not compatible with the plan' I'm about to purchase. The customer helpdesk has not been helpful as they appear DUMB. Pls, does anyone know how to switch away from this plan? 08050502817
Re: Migrating From Glo Instant Surf by Nairaplus(m): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2011
Are you using the Glo NetPro Modem? If yes, Click Net Care Button and Look for the Send Button at the bottom for checking Remaining Data Balance, then click to verify if you still have a valid subscription.
Re: Migrating From Glo Instant Surf by Lawalemi(m): 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2011
Thanks. I use phone and it serves as my modem via bluetooth.
Re: Migrating From Glo Instant Surf by tundesto(m): 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2011
Lawalemi:

I subscribed to Glo Istant Surf, a 24hrs 10MB internet plan. Since its exhaution, I have been unable to subscribe to another plan as it tells me my ' current plan is not compatible with the plan' I'm about to purchase. The customer helpdesk has not been helpful as they appear DUMB. Pls, does anyone know how to switch away from this plan? 08050502817
[/quote
Were you able to use the glo daily subscription to browse on you computer using your phone as modem? I subscribed to it last week I can use it to browse only on phone with Operamini but cannot connect it to laptop to browse using phone as modem via bluetooth despite the fact that Nokia PC suite is working perfectly on my lappie well as I have been browsing with it using MTN.
Re: Migrating From Glo Instant Surf by mjay(m): 6:07am On Aug 17, 2011
Two things you can do. Either text 'info' to 127 for information on remaining data, or you send 'CANCEL' to 127 to cancel the automatic renewal feature.
Re: Migrating From Glo Instant Surf by Lawalemi(m): 8:31am On Aug 17, 2011
@tundesto, ur phone can serve as ur modem on any GSM network so long as u have the right phone. I uses Nokia E5 and it works well with my laptop.
@mjay, thanks. I still get the same response. I will try their customer service again only that Glo has poor CS rep and rigid network unlike MTN
Re: Migrating From Glo Instant Surf by Chuksxp: 2:18pm On Aug 31, 2012
Lawalemi: I subscribed to Glo Istant Surf, a 24hrs 10MB internet plan. Since its exhaution, I have been unable to subscribe to another plan as it tells me my ' current plan is not compatible with the plan' I'm about to purchase. The customer helpdesk has not been helpful as they appear DUMB. Pls, does anyone know how to switch away from this plan? 08050502817

I'm having the same problem. Were you able to resolve yours? Please help!
Re: Migrating From Glo Instant Surf by samfibby(m): 3:05pm On Aug 31, 2012
Dial-up, never again will i touch you with a long stick
Re: Migrating From Glo Instant Surf by Yomboy4ever(m): 5:27am On Sep 15, 2012
Lawalemi: @tundesto, ur phone can serve as ur modem on any GSM network so long as u have the right phone. I uses Nokia E5 and it works well with my laptop.
@mjay, thanks. I still get the same response. I will try their customer service again only that Glo has poor CS rep and rigid network unlike MTN

I will like to to knw he nokia E5 Works as modem
Thanks
Re: Migrating From Glo Instant Surf by Yomboy4ever(m): 5:29am On Sep 15, 2012
Lawalemi: @tundesto, ur phone can serve as ur modem on any GSM network so long as u have the right phone. I uses Nokia E5 and it works well with my laptop.

I will like to knw how nokia E5 Works as modem
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

FRESH US USED HP X360 CORE i5 7TH GEN LAPTOP-SOLD / Mtn 3g Billing Fraud - Unacceptable / Do Apple Ipods Have Radio?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.