Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo (12581 Views)

How To Change IP To Any Country IP Without Using Software / Do You Know You Can Surf The Net Using Your Cable Tv / Surf The Web Anonymously! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by kollyp2000(m): 7:51am On Nov 27, 2008
It had been discovered that you don’t have to purchase MTN data card for you to browse internet using MTN 3.5G Network. Just have the following:
- GPRS enabled phone (Activate your GPRS by sending SMS “SETTING” to 3888)
- Your laptop or desktop
- Connectivity cable and your PC suite
Connect your phone to your computer for it to connect to Internet using your PC Suite

Then, text the following according to bundle you want :

For Daily Plan
To pay for daily plan (24 hours or 50 MB), make sure you have N500 naira on your phone, send a text “1” to 131. Once that is delivered…Then second text “103” to “131”

To pay for Night plan (10 p.m to 5. am)
Make sure you have N3000 on your phone
Send a text “1” to “131” once that is delivered…
Then send the second text “102” to 131

The Monthly Plan
Make sure you have N10,000 on your phone
Send a text “1” to 131 once that is delivered…
Then send the second text “101” to 131

Hope you enjoy your browsing experience with MTN
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by Infoseye(m): 10:21am On Nov 27, 2008
That's Good but what about configuration?
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by twinskenny(m): 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2008
good but what of the configuration?
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by kollyp2000(m): 2:21pm On Nov 28, 2008
Oga, you dont need any configuration, just make sure your phone is connected to your laptop and you can browse on it. That's all, if you dont know how your phone can be connected,
use this:

NAME or PROFILE: MTN WAP/MTN ACCESS/MTN SERVICES/MTN GPRS/MTN INTERNET/(any name you wish)

APN(ACCESS POINT NAME): web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net (note:this is very important)

I P:10.199.212.2 OR 010.199.212.002

PORT NO.9201 or 8080

USER NAME: web

PASSWORD:web

HOMEPAGE:wap.mtnonline.com or wap.google.com (wap.google.com is preferable)

I believe the above type would work fine but there are some phone that require the following settings below.

SERVICE TYPE: WAP or HTTP

DNS:is same with I P:10.199.212.2 or 010.199.212.002

CSD:this is for dial up so ignore it

SPEED: 9600

LINE TYPE: modem
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by nairaman66(m): 3:39pm On Dec 03, 2008
Its just a lil scam by MTN on the prowl again. I did register for the 24hr period bundle. But i was able to browse for like 5hrs or so. Couldnt connect/browse after i logged out off the system the next day!!!!!, Just MTN Scam!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by mikeonyi(m): 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2009
@kollyp2000, hello pls i have tried all you wrote down here but it doesn't seem to be working, i'm using a nokia n70-music version, i sent the sms as you said to 3888 and i got the settings, installed it, and when i try to connect with my phone, it says packet data: packet data not available. check network service, and my service bar is showing 3G, please how do i go about the mobile browsing,
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 20, 2009
So this is a scam abi? i want to be sure before i delete this thread. Does anybody have any better suggestion?
If the thread is useful and it is not a scam, then i will leave it. My hand is already on the delete button.
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by NothingMeg: 11:53pm On Feb 20, 2009
Visit www.derbjobs.com For ALL THE LATEST CISA EXAM MATERIALS AND LATEST FREE BROWSING NEWS
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by Nobody: 2:22am On Feb 21, 2009
dhtml:

So this is a scam abi? i want to be sure before i delete this thread. Does anybody have any better suggestion?
If the thread is useful and it is not a scam, then i will leave it. My hand is already on the delete button.

Bro this Guy just said the main truth.
Do you believe people are even packaging this info and started selling it for even up to N5,000?

Thanks Kollyp.

But i have one question, is the N3,000 night browsing for One month or for the duration of the night.
I need quick response. Thanks.
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by lynxnoon(m): 11:38pm On Feb 21, 2009
Am currently using d mtn night plan using my fone as a modemwit d pc suite (since starcoms is f***ing up 4 almost 2weeks now)
dis package is for 30days and d charge is #2500 wit 3Gig limit afta which u'll be charged ,,,,i tink 15k/Kb
D only glitch here 4 me is d timing & ESPECIALLY d 3gig limit because i download a lot of stuff (imagin, i hit a download limit of 1.46G witin a week grin grin )
Tho men d stuf is crazingly fast but stats to giv "page load error" wen reaching d 3gig limit but comes up wen u refresh d page
I hope this helps
cheers
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by aieromon(m): 7:58pm On Feb 22, 2009
dhtml:

this thread is not a scam.only that the poster failed to mention that the night plan has a 3GB download limit.

@lynxmoon
hows the download speed compared to izap?
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by adanny01(m): 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2009
Am also currently using it. Right now am subscribed for only 24hrs which is N500. At 9.25am tomorrow i will only browse at their rate of 15Kobo/kb which is 24hrs since i paid for the day browsing. Am using Nokia 6300 and connected through Nokia PC suite. Belive me its the best thing to do, but for the 50Mb limit for day browsing.
The advantage is that no other network has the coverage MTN has.
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by aieromon(m): 4:12pm On Feb 23, 2009
any network that has a download limit isnt for me.
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by hayprof(m): 4:30pm On Feb 23, 2009
aieromon:

any network that has a download limit isnt for me.

Exactly! wink
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 23, 2009
I wish you guys happy surfing.
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by lynxnoon(m): 10:52pm On Feb 23, 2009
aieromon:

this thread is not a scam.only that the poster failed to mention that the night plan has a 3GB download limit.

@lynxmoon
hows the download speed compared to izap?
oh boy am not happy saying dis but its way higher dan izap,,,,,,,,,,imagin gettin rates (i min steady rates shocked,)of 90-120KB/s,,,,,,,,,d only snag is dat annoying 3GiG limt angry
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by lynxnoon(m): 11:11pm On Feb 23, 2009
adanny01:

Am also currently using it. Right now am subscribed for only 24hrs which is N500. At 9.25am tomorrow i will only browse at their rate of 15Kobo/kb which is 24hrs since i paid for the day browsing. Am using Nokia 6300 and connected through Nokia PC suite. Belive me its the best thing to do, but for the 50Mb limit for day browsing.
The advantage is that no other network has the coverage MTN has.
man just bone dat 1 day plan
its crap,,,,,,,,,,,i bet u u wont browse up to 20-30mins b4 it starts zapping ur credit(withuot downloading anytin oh!!),,,,,,trust me i know wat am saying
If u really wan to use mtn 3G,,,,,,,,use d nite plan i.e 10pm-5am/#2.5k/3Gig limit
cheers
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by aieromon(m): 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2009
lynxnoon:

oh boy am not happy saying dis but its way higher dan izap,,,,,,,,,,imagin gettin rates (i min steady rates shocked,)of 90-120KB/s,,,,,,,,,d only snag is dat annoying 3GiG limt angry

guy,that 3gb limit doesn't work for me at all cos i do an average of 400mb per day.make i manage my evdo jeje oh cool
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by netotse(m): 10:09pm On Feb 24, 2009
lol. . . its like er'one is now feeling my pain
we're caught between the devil and the deep blue sea MTN and starcomms
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by lynxnoon(m): 9:17pm On Feb 26, 2009
wel 4 me am curremtly using
Starcom izap
MTN nite plan
MTN unlimited browsing grin
& 1ce in awile zain wink wink wink
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by adanny01(m): 11:28pm On Mar 01, 2009
I bought credit to subscribe for the MTN nite plan but thought twice about it. My experience is that, i was always using day plan (24hrs), the speed is ok, but at exactly 10pm to 6am the network seriously depreciates. I get this messages Error!
Could not locate remote server
almost every time i try to open a page. Download soars. Why shud i then, use that time only to browse? My credit is still in my phone and am tempted to share with my family.
Also, for day plan, i've learnt not to leave any credit 5hrs to the expiration of the 24hrs. I've lost many times, anything i leave as my balance.
Am trying to say the best time i browse is during the day, why shud i go for the nite which doesnt work fine? May be they require us to buy new SIM cards, with which we'll browse and leave no credit!
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by DualCore1: 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2009
adanny01:

May be they require us to buy new SIM cards, with which we'll browse and leave no credit!
u needed a Phd holder to tell u that?

MTN still has issues with billing. From experience, the 24 hour and nite plans have flaws. A few minutes prior to expiration of any of these two plans, just start pinging any site to keep the connection alive. on expiration, u'll get the normal expiration text, but ur connection still remains active for one more hour (if u dont disconnect).

Talking about downloads, i do an average speed of 210 kb/s at nights and 100 kb/s during the day. i think that's fair enough.
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by tolaakins: 10:33pm On Mar 13, 2009
wel my own experience wit mtn data plan is d day plan(24hrs) is crap because d download limit is 50mb even if its only pages u r opening ur conection ends after about 25-30 mins while d nite plan is quite ok because i usually get avg of 180-230KB/s d only tin about d nite plan is towards d end of ur download limit(3Gig) pages kip givin error msgs n u may hv to reload again
Also i use my normal sim n hv not experienced any glich(tho its not as if am an mtn fan sha undecided)
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by kend0a2j: 6:58pm On Jul 01, 2009
Kollyp is very correct to an extent, if you have a HSDPA enabled phone, not just any 3G phone, you will enjoy download speed as high as 210Kb/s but is you use a phone with not too good 3G capabilty then i strongly recommend you use a datacard or USB Fastlink if you want to enjoy the 3.5G thing.

As for the day plan, i think its not for people for people who stay long hours online or do heavy downloads.

For the Nite plan, well like some1 already said you can keep it alive even after the nite time time, but I want to add that I have kept it alive continuosly for 2days grin , don't be surprised I spend longtime online. I finally had to get off it, cos I had to stay out long enough for my system to go off while PHCN did their thing. So, in a nutshell, if you don't disconnect and ur system don't is busy, u can remain online even after the nite plan.

As for the limit and generally to round it up, I got a way wit it, no limit, no disconnection on my end. lol and I intend to keep this to myself and few others that already know. You all know naija thing, "tell one and it might last a little while, but tell a few oh, its dead instantly".

Thank you for reading.
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by lynxnoon(m): 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2009
kend0a2j:

Kollyp is very correct to an extent, if you have a HSDPA enabled phone, not just any 3G phone, you will enjoy download speed as high as 210Kb/s but is you use a phone with not too good 3G capabilty then i strongly recommend you use a datacard or USB Fastlink if you want to enjoy the 3.5G thing.

As for the day plan, i think its not for people for people who stay long hours online or do heavy downloads.

For the Nite plan, well like some1 already said you can keep it alive even after the nite time time, but I want to add that I have kept it alive continuosly for 2days grin , don't be surprised I spend longtime online. I finally had to get off it, cos I had to stay out long enough for my system to go off while PHCN did their thing. So, in a nutshell, if you don't disconnect and ur system don't is busy, u can remain online even after the nite plan.

As for the limit and generally to round it up, I got a way wit it, no limit, no disconnection on my end. lol and I intend to keep this to myself and few others that already know. You all know naija thing, "tell one and it might last a little while, but tell a few oh, its dead instantly".
Thank you for reading.
well 1st of all chk d time of dis post
2nd, am using d mtn nite plan(supposed to be frm 10pm-5am) n i connect n disconnect anytym i like, more like its on 24/7(wel for me dats wat am enjoyin now grin),,,,,,,,,,dnt ask me hw
as per d 3Gig limit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,very soon very soon wink wink
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by kend0a2j: 11:46pm On Jul 01, 2009
lynxnoon:

well 1st of all chk d time of dis post
2nd, am using d mtn nite plan(supposed to be frm 10pm-5am) n i connect n disconnect anytym i like, more like its on 24/7(wel for me dats wat am enjoyin now grin),,,,,,,,,,dnt ask me hw
as per d 3Gig limit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,very soon very soon wink wink

Oh good to know, well my response was based on the time of the post as well and if you note at the end of my post where I had to round it up, i added "I got away wit it, no limit, no disconnection on my end". I connect and disconnect anytime now and download as much as possible without consideration of bandwidth limit. So am @ d next level and lookin for more exploits. wink
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by lynxnoon(m): 11:25am On Jul 02, 2009
@kendo
Ok i ges u r 1 step ahead of me
My guy jami si na: lynxnoon at yahoo dot com
Or lets chat if posible
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by pafegs(m): 7:10pm On Jul 03, 2009
Try Zoom. it is unlimited download.
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by Mafia4life(m): 10:10pm On Jul 03, 2009
MTN is too strick.I tried that day plan but the shit went hard. Why sould MTN limit the byte usage? Beside my transfer rate was between 2Kb/Sec to 0.6b/sec. I did'nt meet up that 50Mb. My comment to MTN's connection is "FU*K THEM"
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by lynxnoon(m): 10:34pm On Jul 03, 2009
MTN Nite Plan ;)(my guy dnt ever try d daily plan)
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by Undabridge(m): 10:24am On Jul 26, 2009
Is there a 2,500 plan or any trick to it, I want to do the 24hrs plan
Re: Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo by stancozy(m): 10:29am On Jul 26, 2009
Mtn Day plan is 10k/month. . zain is 15k/month, N.B zain is UNlimited bandwidth so guess you guys have options now. .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Home Appliances/ Electronics And Other Repair Notes. Diy / Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" / Atiku's University Responsible For 55% Total Internet Traffic In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.