Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira (1265 Views)

CBN Insists It Won’t Reverse Restriction On Naira ATM Card Abroad / International Spend Restriction On Naira Card: What Is The Implication Of This? / Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira by Jarus(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2011
A lie, when told repeatedly, becomes truth – to the gullible at least. So they say, if I get the quote right.
Everyday, new lies are being fabricated against CBN governor Lamido Sanusi. One of such in recent time is that he has re-introduced Arabic letterings to the Naira note. This lie from the pit of hell, unfortunately, has been swallowed by multitude, without bothering to confirm.

Sanusi has not introduced a single new letter or symbol, Arabic, English or whatever, to our currency.
Soludo removed the Arabic lettering in notes less than N100, he never did for N100 and above. This is still the same today.

It is a great pity that people will resort to lies and blackmail to bring down people. If one pardons the Nairalanders that spread this lie and even Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor that initiated the false alarm, one cannot pardon highly rated columnists like Opeyemi Agbaje(Businessday) and Dr Anele(Punch) who made reference to this in their columns without verifying. I have challenged both of them anyway, and while one said he was only quoting Sanusi’s critics, the other could not defend his comment.

I put this challenge to Nairalanders that quote this too, to prove that Sanusi returned Arabic letterings to our Naira. Anybody that has contrary evidence can bring it forth.

For something that can be easily verified, how someone can wake up one day, fabricate a lie about it and millions of people swallow it, if not for mischief, is beyond me!
Re: Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira by DrummaBoy(m): 3:10pm On Aug 16, 2011
Ok Jarus
But you haven't given a link or something to prove your ascertion.
Anyway if true, it'll be a great relief.
Re: Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira by RoadStar: 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2011
Whether he is accused rightly or wrongly u mustn't always defend this guy.
Everyone in public office from GEJ, Obj, Soludo, Dora etc have had unsubstantiated allegations leveled against them.
It is a Nigerian thing.
Re: Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira by Demdem(m): 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^^ that shouldn't be encouraged
Re: Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira by Jarus(m): 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2011
DrummaBoy:

Ok Jarus
But you haven't given a link or something to prove your ascertion.
Anyway if true, it'll be a great relief.
I made an assertion and challenged landers with contrary view to prove me wrong, and you're asking me for link?
Link to my mouth? Or Did I say any 2nd or 3rd party said anything?
Re: Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira by Demdem(m): 3:41pm On Aug 16, 2011
Jarus:

I made an assertion and challenged landers with contrary view to prove me wrong, and you're asking me for link?
Link to my mouth? Or Did I say any 2nd or 3rd party said anything?

so funny. NLers too like link eh
Re: Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira by Jarus(m): 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2011
RoadStar:

Whether he is accused rightly or wrongly u mustn't always defend this guy.
Everyone in public office from GEJ, Obj, Soludo, Dora etc have had unsubstantiated allegations leveled against them.
It is a Nigerian thing.
First, there are a lot of other information I have about Sanusi(how he wept when he discovered the scale of corruption in the system on assumption of office etc) but if there is no need to use them, I will not.
On this issue of Arabic letters, I had known it was a lie for long but kept quiet, not wanting to appear as defending him in every matter but when I realized it’s spreading so fast and supposedly highly rated analysts are also falling victim of truth assumption by popularity, carelessly quoting it, it became too disgusting for me to keep quiet on.
Also, I am not the only Nairalander with passion for a personality(what my friend, Mbulela called me hero-worshipper for since 2009 cheesy). Make a critical statement about Mike Adenuga and smoke Zombie out, criticize GEJ and incur Beaf’s wrath etc. So what have I done special?
May I add, too, that Sanusi is one of my role models(we share same passion in writing and intervening in public affairs, discarding one’s corporate veil, even though I’m still an amateur), far before he became CBN boss, as this March 2009 thread can attest to:
So when you believe in someone, why hide it:
And the pabambari of it all is that if some people’s business here is to criticize every move he makes, giving them fire for fire is not out of place, especially when they resort to clear lies, which this ‘arabic lettering’ point is.
Re: Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira by Jarus(m): 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2011
Demdem:

so funny. NLers too like link eh
grin grin
Very soon, when one claims he shits, people will start asking him for link. grin
Re: Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira by RoadStar: 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2011
Jarus:

First, there are a lot of other information I have about Sanusi(how he wept when he discovered the scale of corruption in the system on assumption of office etc) but if there is no need to use them, I will not.
On this issue of Arabic letters, I had known it was a lie for long but kept quiet, not wanting to appear as defending him in every matter but when I realized it’s spreading so fast and supposedly highly rated analysts are also falling victim of truth assumption by popularity, carelessly quoting it, it became too disgusting for me to keep quiet on.
Also, I am not the only Nairalander with passion for a personality(what my friend, Mbulela called me hero-worshipper for since 2009 cheesy). Make a critical statement about Mike Adenuga and smoke Zombie out, criticize GEJ and incur Beaf’s wrath etc. So what have I done special?
May I add, too, that Sanusi is one of my role models(we share same passion in writing and intervening in public affairs, discarding one’s corporate veil, even though I’m still an amateur), far before he became CBN boss, as this March 2009 thread can attest to:
So when you believe in someone, why hide it:
And the pabambari of it all is that if some people’s business here is to criticize every move he makes, giving them fire for fire is not out of place, especially when they resort to clear lies, which this ‘arabic lettering’ point is.

Dont let your love for the guy blind you.
He will get the same treatment as everyone else.

Soludo was accused of collecting back-hands from bank MDs so that he could turn a blind eye to their fraudulent practices.
He was accused of collecting bribe from an Australian firm for the purpose of awarding printing contracts.
He was accused of forming the ADB which he chaired as his own bank for his own benefits.
When Soludo carried out the consolidated excersice, he was accused of being anti-north even though he bailed out the the Bank of the North to the tune of N20 billion until there were no investors ready to guarantee the debts. Something he never did for any southern bank not to talk of an Igbo owned bank.
Even Sanusi joined the whole anti Soludo chant and neither charged, implicated or substantiated any claims, when he became CBN governor and Aganga stupidly echoed.
And now u want the whole world to have pity on him ?

Even Doras record in NAFDAC was rubished by Aandoka until he was threathened with a law suit.

This is part of the Nigerian lazy press culture. (Sahara reporters and co.)
And we all seem to enable an encourage it.
Anyone in a public office is criminal by default.
Re: Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira by Jarus(m): 5:07pm On Aug 16, 2011
RoadStar:

Dont let your love for the guy blind you.
He will get the same treatment as everyone else.

Soludo was accused of collecting back-hands from bank MDs so that he could turn a blind eye to their fraudulent practices.
He was accused of collecting bribe from an Australian firm for the purpose of awarding printing contracts.
He was accused of forming the ADB which he chaired as his own bank for his own benefits.
When Soludo carried out the consolidated excersice, he was accused of being anti-north even though he bailed out the the Bank of the North to the tune of N20 billion until there were no investors ready to guarantee the debts. Something he never did for any southern bank not to talk of an Igbo owned bank.
Even Sanusi joined the whole anti Soludo chant and neither charged, implicated or substantiated any claims, when he became CBN governor and Aganga stupidly echoed.
And now u want the whole world to have pity on him ?

Even Doras record in NAFDAC was rubished by Aandoka until he was threathened with a law suit.

This is part of the Nigerian lazy press culture. (Sahara reporters and co.)
And we all seem to enable an encourage it.
Anyone in a public office is criminal by default.
I get your point.
Re: Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira by olawalebabs(m): 11:50am On Aug 17, 2011
It seems the people just feel criticizing Sanusi is what will make them a National hero, Sanusi, please carry on.

(1) (Reply)

Cashew Export Business / Accessbank In Illegal Funds Tranfer:heaped On A Staff / How To Go Into Integrated Rice Processing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.