Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Dont Let Ur Pastor Deceive U,gve To God Wat U Can - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dont Let Ur Pastor Deceive U,gve To God Wat U Can (1071 Views)

How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. / The Preacherman Say's: Tell Me Wat U Tink? / Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Let Ur Pastor Deceive U,gve To God Wat U Can by yeye4live(m): 4:54pm On Aug 16, 2011
AM A CHRISTAIN BUT THIS FAITH IS SUFFERING OF RECENT,IMAGINE D STORIES OF NIGERIAN PASTORS BEING THE RICHEST IN THE WORLD NOW,A PASTOR HAVIN 1,2,3 OR MORE PRIVATE JETS WAS THIS HOW JESUS CHRIST PREACH HIS GOSPEL.

HE WAZ NOT RICH BUT AT THAT HE MADE SURE HIS SUBJECT NEVA SURFER,I REMENBA HIM TURNING A PIECE OF BREAD N A BOTLE OF WATER INTO WINE TO FEED MILIONS,CANT THIS NIGERIAN PASTORS DO SAME,EVEN IF DEY DO DEY WILL SELL IT TO THEIR MEMBERS/PUBLIC .

THEY TAKE FROM THERE WORSHIPERS WIT STYLE N PRETENCE,I HATE WEN I GO TO CHURCH N DEY SAY EMPTY UR POCKET N GIVE TO GOD SO HE WILL BLESS U MORE,WAT KIND OF TRASH S DAT,EMPTY UR POCKET WEN URE IN CHURCH N WALK HOME WHILE DEY CRUISE WIT THEIR JET N JEEPS HOME.

MORE RECENTLY A PASTOR SAID WEN U GET A JOB OR A CONTRACT U SHUD GIVE ALL THE MONE U GOT THAT 1ST MONTH TO THE CHURCH N GOD WIL PUT MORE 4U,CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WERE IT S IN D BIBLE,BUT IF U GO TO CHURCH N SEEK FOR ANY ASSISTANCE DEY WONT HELP U BUT SAY U SHUD PRAY TO GOD.

IF URE A PASTOR HERE,I WILL LEAVE U TO GOD TO JUDGE U N NOT ME CUSE GOD SAID DONT JUDGE.
Re: Dont Let Ur Pastor Deceive U,gve To God Wat U Can by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2011
Well, what our pastors do this days is quit alarming, but i tink the best thing to do is to be praying for them and not criticize them. God will help us!
Re: Dont Let Ur Pastor Deceive U,gve To God Wat U Can by yeye4live(m): 5:36pm On Aug 16, 2011
Strides:

Well, what our pastors do this days is quit alarming, but i tink the best thing to do is to be praying for them and not criticize them. God will help us!

if u dont criticixe dem dey wont change,dey cant help u but ned mone everytime,
go to them n tell them u dont ve a job they will tell u go n pray, or tell dem ure broke dey will tell u d same,but tell them u ve money here comes dem.

ONLY GOD WILL HELP US SHA
Re: Dont Let Ur Pastor Deceive U,gve To God Wat U Can by kemmeye: 1:05pm On Aug 17, 2011
but with all these, people still give them money and say they are giving to God. why not give that same money to the orphanage and God will still bless u equally but after knowing what these people use ur money for and u still give it to the that is just plain dumb.
Re: Dont Let Ur Pastor Deceive U,gve To God Wat U Can by Azibalua(f): 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2011
@ poster
Are you a Christian?
Re: Dont Let Ur Pastor Deceive U,gve To God Wat U Can by ogajim(m): 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2011
Azibalua:

@ poster
Are you a Christian?

Trust Nigerians to answer question with another question!

What has OP's Christianity or lack thereof got to do with the topic? Aren't Christians supposed to give only what they can afford to give with a joyful heart? You've got to be one of those seed sowing word of faith adherents who's going broke while your "mog" smiles all the way to the bank.

Nigerian clergy apart from the Orthodox ones, aren't much different from their politicians, prove me wrong people!
Re: Dont Let Ur Pastor Deceive U,gve To God Wat U Can by yeye4live(m): 8:15am On Aug 18, 2011
Azibalua:

@ poster
Are you a Christian?

dont ask me this sily question,i kno ure one of those pastors dat want to reap were dey did nt sow,but one day GOD will only judge us all
Re: Dont Let Ur Pastor Deceive U,gve To God Wat U Can by kemmeye: 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2011
^ hehehehehe
Re: Dont Let Ur Pastor Deceive U,gve To God Wat U Can by edekoln: 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2012
its quite heart-breaking that the people u hold in high esteem by reason of their position as your pastor are really fraudsters as borne out by attitude toward money and how they splash it when it gets into their hands. its a shame! when the foundation is destroyed, what shall the righteous do. to ur tents O Israel!
Re: Dont Let Ur Pastor Deceive U,gve To God Wat U Can by ijawkid(m): 1:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
This is one scripture for pastors who by wrenching and twisting scriptures extort money from there flocks and also gullible members/followers who perpetually gives money to there pastors who are rich....

Proverbs 22:16.....---------___________

He that oppresseth the poor to increase his
riches,
and he that giveth to the rich,
shall surely come to want.(KJV)

16 Whoever oppresses the poor to increase
his own wealth,
or gives to the rich, owill only come to poverty.(ESV)
come to poverty.(NIV)...

Those words from king solomon shows why both todays greedy and materialistic MOG's and there members wallow in spiritual poverty.....they all end up bereft of real spiritual truths.......
Re: Dont Let Ur Pastor Deceive U,gve To God Wat U Can by newmi(m): 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2012
yeye4live:

AM A CHRISTAIN BUT THIS FAITH IS SUFFERING OF RECENT,IMAGINE D STORIES OF NIGERIAN PASTORS BEING THE RICHEST IN THE WORLD NOW,A PASTOR HAVIN 1,2,3 OR MORE PRIVATE JETS WAS THIS HOW JESUS CHRIST PREACH HIS GOSPEL.

HE WAZ NOT RICH BUT AT THAT HE MADE SURE HIS SUBJECT NEVA SURFER,I REMENBA HIM TURNING A PIECE OF BREAD N A BOTLE OF WATER INTO WINE TO FEED MILIONS,CANT THIS NIGERIAN PASTORS DO SAME,EVEN IF DEY DO DEY WILL SELL IT TO THEIR MEMBERS/PUBLIC .

THEY TAKE FROM THERE WORSHIPERS WIT STYLE N PRETENCE,I HATE WEN I GO TO CHURCH N DEY SAY EMPTY UR POCKET N GIVE TO GOD SO HE WILL BLESS U MORE,WAT KIND OF TRASH S DAT,EMPTY UR POCKET WEN URE IN CHURCH N WALK HOME WHILE DEY CRUISE WIT THEIR JET N JEEPS HOME.

MORE RECENTLY A PASTOR SAID WEN U GET A JOB OR A CONTRACT U SHUD GIVE ALL THE MONE U GOT THAT 1ST MONTH TO THE CHURCH N GOD WIL PUT MORE 4U,CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WERE IT S IN D BIBLE,BUT IF U GO TO CHURCH N SEEK FOR ANY ASSISTANCE DEY WONT HELP U BUT SAY U SHUD PRAY TO GOD.

IF URE A PASTOR HERE,I WILL LEAVE U TO GOD TO JUDGE U N NOT ME CUSE GOD SAID DONT JUDGE.
Nice extracts but my simply question the particular interest in Pastor is it that until pastors are identified as poor thats when everybody would agree that he or she is authentic?
Most of the people who have made a bussiness out of critizing the church and pastors don't tell us how much they know about a church's or a pastor's humble bignnings, why is this so.
Re: Dont Let Ur Pastor Deceive U,gve To God Wat U Can by Goshen360(m): 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2012
@ Topic and Ijawkid,

Your quotes are so true

New International Version (©1984)
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.
1 Timothy 6:10-11

Whoever is called a "man of God" and yet loves money is NOT fit to bear God with "his" "man of God" title. Such should be called "man of money" (MoM) rather than man of God (MoG). So clear from the scriptures. Before you start to criticize me that am being/too judgmental (because when we speak the truth this days, some quickly say we are judging other), please note I didn't invent the above scriptures by myself....the Holy Spirit did through Apostle Paul. cool

1 Like

Re: Dont Let Ur Pastor Deceive U,gve To God Wat U Can by Zikkyy(m): 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
newmi:
my simply question the particular interest in Pastor is it that until pastors are identified as poor thats when everybody would agree that he or she is authentic?

you don't need to be poor to be authentic. I guess it has to do with expectations. For someone that teaching love/charity, his lifestyle should reflect his teachings.

(1) (Reply)

Tame Your Tongue / Your Life As An Assignment On Earth / Are We Living In The End Times?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.