Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? (1488 Views)

Dont Let Ur Pastor Deceive U,gve To God Wat U Can / The Preacherman Say's: Tell Me Wat U Tink? / The Preacherman Say's: Tell Me Wat U Tink? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by RiffRaff: 7:57pm On Jan 28, 2010
i was talking to a religous person today and he told me gods way cannot be understood.

the question is why do u worship something u do not even understand?
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by AbuZola3(m): 8:02pm On Jan 28, 2010
Hahaha, me too, they said trinity is a mystery.
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by jagunlabi(m): 8:06pm On Jan 28, 2010
Riff-Raff:

i was talking to a religous person today and he told me gods way cannot be understood.

Good question.
I guess that is what worshiping is all about.Just adulate, idolise, praise and shut up.Don't be curious, don't question,  don't even try to understand, just worship the hell out of whatever god you are unfortunate enough to be tied up with and your life , including your afterlife , will be as sweet as honey.
That works for a lot of people.
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by mazaje(m): 8:07pm On Jan 28, 2010
Abu Zola:

Hahaha, me too, they said trinity is a mystery.

As if you and your fellow islamic brothers have any idea of the imaginary arabic idol you worship and kill people in its name. . . .
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by manmustwac(m): 8:26pm On Jan 28, 2010
Riff-Raff:

No mind them. They keep saying things like god works in mysterious ways, don't question god or if things are not going your way they say god is testing you etc.
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by Zodiac61(m): 10:41pm On Jan 28, 2010
All believers say that you do not have to understand. The way of the gods is beyond human understanding, they say.
All you have to do is obey the leaders. There is a church in London which says that individualism is not encouraged. They want complete obedience to the elders.
I guess that individuals ask awkward questions and may want to understand. This cannot be allowed, surely.
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 28, 2010
The ans to dis thread is in John 4:22 JESUS SAID U WORSHIP WHAT U DONT KNOW,BUT WE(CHRISTIANS) WORSHIP WHAT WE DO KNOW WHICH IS GOD. THE FATHER, CREATOR OF HEAVEN& EARTH.
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by AbuZola3(m): 11:21pm On Jan 28, 2010
Toba, it did not answer it o.
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by mazaje(m): 11:25pm On Jan 28, 2010
toba:

The ans to dis thread is in John 4:22 JESUS SAID U WORSHIP WHAT U DONT KNOW,BUT WE(CHRISTIANS) WORSHIP WHAT WE DO KNOW WHICH IS GOD. THE FATHER, CREATOR OF HEAVEN& EARTH.

How do you know this god? Have you ever seen, touched, heard from or had a conversation with it? What does it look like? Did it personally tell you that it created the earth and the universe?
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 28, 2010
mazaje:

How do you know this god? Have you ever seen, touched, heard from or had a conversation with it? What does it look like? Did it personally tell you that it created the earth and the universe?
Yes i av&Yes he did spoke to me&many religious and nonreligious books spoke about him.
If u biliv theres no God,ask ur self how u came to being&how every other natural resources work with time.eg sun,moon,snow etc who made them&designed their appearance&operation
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by AbuZola3(m): 2:18am On Jan 29, 2010
Funny toba, hope you re not on sepe.
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by richjohn1(m): 7:34am On Jan 29, 2010
That's the part of religion I hate Deut 29:29 Why? let him come out clean any thing secret, hidden, sound sinister to me. wink
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 29, 2010
Abu Zola:

Funny toba, hope you re not on sepe.
U re sick
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by richjohn1(m): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2010
@toba
I thot xtians don't abuse shocked
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by ilosiwaju: 11:32am On Jan 29, 2010
mazaje, i think your nairaland signature answers the question in a way. dont u agree?
sure it cant be understood except the parts that goes in favour of the clergy(slavery, tithing etc)
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by mazaje(m): 11:44am On Jan 29, 2010
toba:

Yes i av&Yes he did spoke to me&many religious and nonreligious books spoke about him.
If u biliv theres no God,ask your self how u came to being&how every other natural resources work with time.eg sun,moon,snow etc who made them&designed their appearance&operation

WRONG. . . no god has spoken to you, all you have is what other people wrote about the various gods they imagined and nothing more. . . .so you believe in god not because god is self evident but because you don't know how natural phenomena like sun, moon, snow, rain etc came about? I thought you said that you know who your god is?. . . . .You know for sure how the sun, moon, rain, and snow looks like. . .Can you tell us how your god looks like?
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 29, 2010
mazaje:

WRONG. . . no god has spoken to you, all you have is what other people wrote about the various gods they imagined and nothing more. . . .so you believe in god not because god is self evident but because you don't know how natural phenomena like sun, moon, snow, rain etc came about? I thought you said that you know who your god is?. . . . .You know for sure how the sun, moon, rain, and snow looks like. . .Can you tell us how your god looks like?

Jesus was Gods incarnate and jesus said in John14 HE THAT HAS SEEN ME HAS SEEN THE FATHER(GOD). Also in Gen 1:26 God said let us make man in our own image. So with these, i know God looks like us Human being since were formed in his own image. If God wanted he would have made us look like animals but he didnt. He made us normal and we look nice. Im sure u look nice as well. So u look like God. This ans ur question on what god looks like.

God is perfect thats y he made moon sun stars diff from man and the work according to gods desire

2 questions for u

Who made u? Do u think u came into being by ur powers or knowledge?

Do u know that theres a supreme being that controls what happens in the world?
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by ilosiwaju: 3:19pm On Jan 29, 2010
So toba, according to you GOD is the natural and most suitable explanation for things you dont understand. For a long time, people(sango worshippers) believed thunder was caused by sango's mood but now we know this is very false. Scientifically speaking, if you see a proof that the moon, stars etc were actually created by a process or entity other than the GOD explanation(which you adhere to), will you change your position?
I just want to be sure if you are arguing by faithblindly.
grin
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 29, 2010
ilosiwaju:

So toba, according to you GOD is the natural and most suitable explanation for things you dont understand. For a long time, people(sango worshippers) believed thunder was caused by sango's mood but now we know this is very false. Scientifically speaking, if you see a proof that the moon, stars etc were actually created by a process or entity other than the GOD explanation(which you adhere to), will you change your position?
I just want to be sure if you are arguing by faithblindly.
grin

I know u re one of those that doesnt biliv in Gods existence. ask ur self how u came to being, who formed or molded u? or u think u were made my urself?
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by mazaje(m): 4:06pm On Jan 29, 2010
toba:

Jesus was Gods incarnate and jesus said in John14 HE THAT HAS SEEN ME HAS SEEN THE FATHER(GOD).

No, People who never meet Jesus wrote very long after he died that he said those things. . . .The gospel of John was written very long about 70 years after Jesus died not by John the alleged desciple of Jesus but by a person whose Identity remains UNKNOWN till this day. . . . .It was much later that the document was tittled the gospel of John. The title, the gospel "According to John," was later attached when the four Gospels were gathered together and began to circulate as one collection.

Also in Gen 1:26 God said let us make man in our own image.

NO. . . .no god said let us make man in our own image. . . .Men wrote that about their god. . . . .You don't have any god saying or writing anything all you have are men writing down things about their various gods. . . .

So with these, i know God looks like us Human being since were formed in his own image.

You don't know if any god looks like Humans, you only believe what other men have written about a particular god and they juust happen to say that their god looks like humans. . . .Have you ever seen such a god?. . . . . .

If God wanted he would have made us look like animals but he didnt. He made us normal and we look nice. Im sure u look nice as well. So u look like God. This ans your question on what god looks like.

All animals look normal and nice to me. . . . .NO I do not look like any god because there are so many gods that humans have invented and humans have been worshiping. . . . .No body looks like any god because no god has been ever shown to exists on its own. . .maybe when you point to the existence of any god that is independent of human stories, mytholgies, cultural influence and acceptance then we might really consider your proposal. . . .

God is perfect thats y he made moon sun stars diff from man and the work according to gods desire

Ohh really? So asteriods, comets etc that strike against the planets and cause havoc are part of your gods desires eh?. . .Interesting. . . .

2 questions for u

Who made u? Do u think u came into being by your powers or knowledge?

My parent had sex and I was born. . . . .That was how I was made. . . .That was how you were made too. . . . .sperm fertilized and ovum and I was formed out of that unicelullar fusion. . . . .

Do u know that theres a supreme being that controls what happens in the world?

No. I don't know of any. . . . .
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2010
mazaje:

No, People who never meet Jesus wrote very long after he died that he said those things. . . .The gospel of John was written very long about 70 years after Jesus died not by John the alleged desciple of Jesus but by a person whose Identity remains UNKNOWN till this day. . . . .It was much later that the document was tittled the gospel of John. The title, the gospel "According to John," was later attached when the four Gospels were gathered together and began to circulate as one collection.

Whats ur proof that they never met jesus and wrote about Him?

mazaje:

NO. . . .no god said let us make man in our own image. . . .Men wrote that about their god. . . . .You don't have any god saying or writing anything all you have are men writing down things about their various gods. . . .

kindly prove to me that what they wrote was wrong
mazaje:

You don't know if any god looks like Humans, you only believe what other men have written about a particular god and they juust happen to say that their god looks like humans. . . .Have you ever seen such a god?. . . . . .

No one has seen God but many parts of the scriptures some which i quoted shows what god looks like.Jesus came from God and told us what god looks like. That hes a man, thats y jesus refers to him as Father not mother or woman

mazaje:

All animals look normal and nice to me. . . . .NO I do not look like any god because there are so many gods that humans have invented and humans have been worshiping. . . . .No body looks like any god because no god has been ever shown to exists on its own. . .maybe when you point to the existence of any god that is independent of human stories, mytholgies, cultural influence and acceptance then we might really consider your proposal. . . .

. .

Yes they really look nice. Who made them? the same sperm ?

mazaje:

My parent had intimacy and I was born. . . . .That was how I was made. . . .That was how you were made too. . . . .spermatozoa fertilized and ovum and I was formed out of that unicelullar fusion. . . . .

Accepted. Who inserted the sperm into mens scortum? Science, nature or God?
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by mazaje(m): 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2010
toba:

Whats your proof that they never met jesus and wrote about Him?

If you read the gospels you will see for yourself that non of the writers ever wrote that they ever meet Jesus and that they were his desciples. . . .You just have UNKNOWN writers writing about some alleged events they believed happend long ago. . . .NON of them even writes that he knows Jesus or has ever meet him in any of the gospels. . . . 

kindly prove to me that what they wrote was wrong

What do you mean by what they wrote was wrong?. . . .Your evidence to show that god wrote the bible is what?. . . .You have no evidence for that do you? All you have are the writings of men who said that god tolf them to write. . . . Some of them did not even say that god told them to write any thing they just wrote down stuffs that were later claimed by others who lived long after them to be inspired by a god. . . .

No one has seen God but many parts of the scriptures some which i quoted shows what god looks like.Jesus came from God and told us what god looks like. That hes a man, thats y jesus refers to him as Father not mother or woman

Again you are quoting from the bible as if the writings of the bible are facts, the writings of the bible are not facts but are based on beliefs. . . .Your evidence that Jesus looks like god is what?. . . .Have you ever seen any man called Jesus? Have you ever seen any god deity? Are all your beliefs not based on the traditions and stories told by other men? Men whom you have never seen or known?. . . . .

Yes they really look nice. Who made them? the same spermatozoa ?

I don't know. . . .Its better to say you don't know than pretend you do when in reality you DON"T. . . . . .

[Accepted. Who inserted the spermatozoa into mens scortum? Science, nature or God?

Science does not put things any where, Saying that nature did it is no different from saying that god did it cos it explains nothing. . . .No god has been shown to put any spermatozoa in any part of the human body. . . .I don't know is my personal answer and I am very OK with it. . . . .
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 29, 2010
mazaje:

I don't know. . . .Its better to say you don't know than pretend you do when in reality you DON"T. . . . . .

Science does not put things any where, Saying that nature did it is no different from saying that god did it cos it explains nothing. . . .No god has been shown to put any spermatozoa in any part of the human body. . . .I don't know is my personal answer and I am very OK with it. . . . .

I like this part of ur post. Why then do u keep saying theres no God? since u dnt have answers to many things
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2010
mazaje:

If you read the gospels you will see for yourself that non of the writers ever wrote that they ever meet Jesus and that they were his desciples. . . .You just have UNKNOWN writers writing about some alleged events they believed happend long ago. . . .NON of them even writes that he knows Jesus or has ever meet him in any of the gospels. . . .

Matthew, mark, james, john and peter were apostles of Jesus who were with him and the all wrote the scriptures
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by mazaje(m): 5:13pm On Jan 29, 2010
toba:

I like this part of your post. Why then do u keep saying theres no God? since u dnt have answers to many things

When I say that there is no go, I am talking about the gods of man made religions. . . .Could there be something that created the universe which could be called a god? I believe that is very possible. . . .Could that thing be Allah, Yahweh, Jesus, Vishnu, Sango and all the other gods of man made religions? The answer is NO. . .Because all the gods that men worship were created by men and there is evidence for that every where. . .Non of such gods can be shown to exists on its own independent of the stories men wrote or are still writing about them, man's cultural and societal influence and acceptance and man's endless special pleadings on behalf of the various gods they worship. . . .No of the gods of man made religions is self evident at all and non of them ever does any thing on its own. . . . .No body has the answers to everything, people just love pretending that they do. . . .Even the gods of man made religions do not have answers to anything reason is because they were created by men they all carry along the ignorance of the men that created them there is evidence for that in the various religious books that men claim to be the words or revelations of their various gods. . . .
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by mazaje(m): 5:13pm On Jan 29, 2010
toba:

Matthew, mark, james, john and peter were apostles of Jesus who were with him and the all wrote the scriptures

OK. . .good. . . . .
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 29, 2010
Mazaje.Now dnt u biliv dat d same "god" u said could av created d universe could possibly be d one dat we serve in d universe he created?
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by Mudley313: 6:41pm On Jan 29, 2010
Quote from: mazaje on Yesterday at 11:25:51 PM
How do you know this god? Have you ever seen, touched, heard from or had a conversation with it?

Quote from: toba on Yesterday at 11:39:06 PM
Yes i av&Yes he did spoke to me

interesting. so, how did he look like? old white man wit a long white beard? black, asian, arab? what kinda accent did he have? african-american, british, igbo or yoruba?, just curious, cos i think its interesting to come across someone who has "met' and "spoken" to god
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 29, 2010
Mudley313:

Quote from: mazaje on Yesterday at 11:25:51 PM
Quote from: toba on Yesterday at 11:39:06 PM
interesting. so, how did he look like? old white man wit a long white beard? black, asian, arab? what kinda accent did he have? african-american, british, igbo or yoruba?, just curious, cos i think its interesting to come across someone who has "met' and "spoken" to god
He looks like u,cus he made u in his image
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by Mudley313: 6:52pm On Jan 29, 2010
Quote from: Mudley313 on Today at 06:41:06 PM
He looks like u,cus he made u in his image

sweet. so now i know he's a black man. thanks for ur revelation. And what accent did he have when he talked to u??
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 29, 2010
Mudley313:

Quote from: Mudley313 on Today at 06:41:06 PM
sweet. so now i know he's a black man. thanks for your revelation. And what accent did he have when he talked to u??
my accent
Re: Why Should U Worship Wat U Do Not Understand? by Mudley313: 7:03pm On Jan 29, 2010
my accent

sweet. u nigerian? cos im nigerian n im guessing u are as well so, now i know god is a black man wit a nigerian accent. sweet!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Did Not Go To Heaven Friday / Does Our "Spirit" Go To Heaven After Death? / The Short Answer Interviews: Cruelty To Animals: Thehomer, Wiegraf, Plaetton / Nollywood Actor Jim Iyke Delivered From Evil Spirit In Synagogue Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.