Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,556 members, 7,847,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:12 PM

Attack On Sen Ifeanyi Ubah’s Convoy Purely Assassination Attempt, Says Ekwunife. - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Attack On Sen Ifeanyi Ubah’s Convoy Purely Assassination Attempt, Says Ekwunife. (499 Views)

Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah Donates Towards The Building Of Nnewi House In Abuja. / Sen Ifeanyi Ubah Bids Slain Aide, Late Odum Ikechukwu Farewell / Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah Visits Coouth, Amaku To Pay Final Respect To Goodnews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attack On Sen Ifeanyi Ubah’s Convoy Purely Assassination Attempt, Says Ekwunife. by grassrootsig: 7:21pm On Oct 08, 2022
UPDATED: Attack on Sen Ifeanyi Ubah’s convoy purely assassination attempt, says Ekwunife.

...as Ubah’s close friend/school mate recall incident. Says security killed one gunman, injured two

Senatorial repressing Anambra Central District Iyom Uche Ekwunife has described the attack on her colleague Sen Ifeanyi Ubah as purely an assassination attempt on his life.

Ekwunife who disclosed this at the funeral ceremony of Mr Ikechukwu Odum, one of the aides to Ubah who was killed by gunmen last month contended that this is not the Anambra state that people know.

“I lack words to express how I feel about what happened and I also lack words to console my colleague Sen Ifeanyi Ubah over the demise of two of his trusted aides, but God says in everything we should give Him thanks.

“Nobody knows what happened and how it happened but this is not the Anambra of our dream and this is not the Anambra we know where people come out and take away lives that they do not have and they cannot give.

“I thank God for saving the life of Sen Ifeanyi Ubah because it would have been the other way around, but God said no but for me I call it assassination attempt on his life and nothing more.

“Because if you look at the level of destruction of the vehicle he was riding on, you will know that it is purely an assassination attempt on his life.

“But God saved him because of who he is, that is why I came to support him and sympathize with him in this time of grief and I ask him to take it easy and take heart.

“God knows and decides the fate of men, but most importantly, I want to console the Odum family, I know them too well and they are good people and only God knows while He took his life, she said

“People should utilize the opportunity they have to do good while still alive because nobody knows when it will happen. Today it’s Ikechukwu, no one knows who’s next. He left a memorable impact on the people that crossed his part while he lived. May God grant him eternal rest and grant his loved ones the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.”

At the grave side, it took the assistance of Sen Ekwunife and other prominent personalities irrespective of political affiliation to hold Sen Ifeanyi Ubah who wept uncomfortably as his most trusted aide was being lowered and he could not speak to reporters due to his psychological disposition.

Fresh facts also emerged at the funeral over how the incident occured as close business friend and secondary school mate to Sen Ifeanyi Ubah (names withheld), narrated that the gunmen first opened fire on the bullet proof SUV which had the school mate and Ubah inside with the driver.

According to him , “I have always carried Sen Ubah on my SUV and he likes to sit in front at the passenger side.

“But before the incident, my vehicle had problems on my way to Owerri from Asaba, so I had to join him in his own jeep and the gunmen came straight to the front of the jeep and opened fire.

“Had it being that my SUV didn’t have problems I would have carried the senator in my SUV and it is not a bullet proof vehicle both of us would have been gone by now”;

“It was that my vehicle problem that saved Sen Ifeanyi Ubah and myself from the barrels of the gunmen.

Similarly he confirmed that a security operative attached to Sen Ubah returned fire and killed one of the gunmen and injured like two of their gang members but they carried them into their vehicle and people at Enugwu Ukwu junction were clapping for them; he said.

© grassrootsig

Re: Attack On Sen Ifeanyi Ubah’s Convoy Purely Assassination Attempt, Says Ekwunife. by grassrootsig: 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
Attack on Sen Ifeanyi Ubah’s convoy purely assassination attempt, says Ekwunife.

Re: Attack On Sen Ifeanyi Ubah’s Convoy Purely Assassination Attempt, Says Ekwunife. by GavelSlam: 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
Anambra state.

Re: Attack On Sen Ifeanyi Ubah’s Convoy Purely Assassination Attempt, Says Ekwunife. by yyba: 7:34pm On Oct 08, 2022
Imagine people were clapping for the gunmen, it is clear these people are really terrorists all of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attack On Sen Ifeanyi Ubah’s Convoy Purely Assassination Attempt, Says Ekwunife. by GavelSlam: 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2022
People at Enugwu Ukwu junction were clapping for them

(1) (Reply)

Lady Performs 'oral S3x' On Her Boyfriend Inside UNILAG Canteen (video) / Perals Events / Multi Choice Service Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.