Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,006 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR (882 Views)

Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Referred To As The Morning Star? / What Did Paul Mean When He Referred To The "Lawless One" Also As "Man Of Sin"? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by famozine1: 9:23am On Oct 09, 2022
According to Revelation 22 v 16 Jesus says

( 'I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.' )

According to book of Isaiah 14 v 12 Prophet Isaiah prophecies about Lucifer saying

( How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!)

Why are they both referred to as the morning star
Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by hisgrace090: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2022
From the same source before one disobey his maker and was dethroned.
Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by muyico(m): 9:36am On Oct 09, 2022
"Morning star" is a position in heaven.title. Been withdraw from lucifer when JESUS CHRIST defeat him on cross.so d title was taken from lucifer and was given to JESUS CHRIST. Read dat revealation. Dere war in heaven.but dey defeat d dragon by precious might blood of JESUS CHRIST

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by Kobojunkie: 3:29am On Oct 10, 2022
muyico:
1. "Morning star" is a position in heaven.title. Been withdraw from lucifer when JESUS CHRIST defeat him on cross.so d title was taken from lucifer and was given to JESUS CHRIST.

2. Read dat revealation. Dere war in heaven.but dey defeat d dragon by precious might blood of JESUS CHRIST
Jesus Christ did not defeat any lucifer on the cross. All that imagery you have there has nothing to do with scripture but the delusional workings of the minds of men. At no point in time was Jesus Christ ever not the brighter morning star - Revelations 22 vs 16. Also, there is no lucifer character in Isaiah 14. Instead, the poem/dirge in that context is sund in reference to the King of Babylon - Isaiah 14 vs 1 - 12

2. Also, your understanding of what is written in the book of revelation is not correct given that there is no record that "the dragon" was ever in Heaven, and neither is there any record of those in Heaven possessing the will to disobey God's Will. undecided
9 “This, then, is how you should pray:
“‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.' - Matthew 6 vs 9 - 13
According to Jesus Christ, God's Will is maintained in Heaven. So at what point in time did that cease to be the case? undecided
Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by bobestman(m): 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2022
Both are Suns/Sons of God. Everything above has Spirit. Their are good and bad and they were created to serve a purpose. It could also be read as Morning Suns/Sons/Stars/Light. According to Job 2:1 when the Sons of God presented themselves, Satan also came with them cos he is also a Son/Sun
of God. We existed as such before our manifestation on this plane.

Just as every individual or group has their leader or boss so we also have the brightest of the Stars/Suns/Sons/Light and he is called the "Bright and Morning Star". So the Son of Man, Lucifer and other heavenly beings are all sons. The Son of Man or Messiah is the brightest of them all and their boss. All obey him.

Many of such heavenly Sons are here on earth waiting for the arrival of the brightest one. When He comes he will lead them and they shall all shine with him
Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:48pm On Oct 10, 2022
Morning Stars means the first set of creation before others. So both are part of the first set of angelic sons of God known as chief princes {Daniel 10:13} but because Jesus (Michael) is the first born of all creations {Colossians 1:15} who partake in creating of all other things {Colossians 1:16} he is known as the Archangel {Daniel 12:1} that's why he could conquer Satan anytime anyday and anywhere! Revelations 12:7-9
Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by AllenforGOD(m): 10:43pm On Oct 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Morning Stars means the first set of creation before others. So both are part of the first set of angelic sons of God known as chief princes {Daniel 10:13} but because Jesus (Michael) is the first born of all creations {Colossians 1:15} who partake in creating of all other things {Colossians 1:16} he is known as the Archangel {Daniel 12:1} that's why he could conquer Satan anytime anyday and anywhere! Revelations 12:7-9
max who told you jesus is michael?and how is jesus an archangel?jesus is the SON OF GOD,HE'S GOD<JOHN 10:30 ,JOHN 14:10>
Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by AllenforGOD(m): 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by Maynmann: 10:56pm On Oct 10, 2022
muyico:
"Morning star" is a position in heaven.title. Been withdraw from lucifer when JESUS CHRIST defeat him on cross.so d title was taken from lucifer and was given to JESUS CHRIST. Read dat revealation. Dere war in heaven.but dey defeat d dragon by precious might blood of JESUS CHRIST

The phrase “son of the dawn” refers to the (astronomical) “morning star”—the small light first visible above the horizon when the new day dawns. This was, in ancient terms, a way to refer to Venus, as it was that first light in terms of real naked eye astronomy. The ancients knew Venus was a planet, but often referred to it as the largest star (see Pliny, Hist. nat. 2.37). Venus, appearing just before the sun, heralds a new day. Because of this it was termed “morning star.”

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by PastorAIO: 11:49pm On Oct 10, 2022
Don't mind them. Lucifer simply means light bringer. Lucifer precedes the light and it is a reference to the planet Venus. In Isaiah it was used as a metaphor for the. King of. Babylon. Jesus in revelation uses it as a metaphor for himself. Jesus is the Lucifer. Yet after Lucifer comes a much brighter light, he is merely the herald of that brighter light which is the Dawn itself.

Iwo o ye
Emi o ye
You don't yield. I don't. yield.
Oye sese la bo Loke won se b'ojumo ni nmo.
The sun beams are breaking. through above yet they thought the. day had already. broken.

Maynmann:

The phrase “son of the dawn” refers to the (astronomical) “morning star”—the small light first visible above the horizon when the new day dawns. This was, in ancient terms, a way to refer to Venus, as it was that first light in terms of real naked eye astronomy. The ancients knew Venus was a planet, but often referred to it as the largest star (see Pliny, Hist. nat. 2.37). Venus, appearing just before the sun, heralds a new day. Because of this it was termed “morning star.”

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by 43Ronin: 12:14am On Oct 11, 2022
Maynmann:

You will soon link it to yahwe of sasu tribe. Na the only thing you sabi
Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by Maynmann: 12:16am On Oct 11, 2022
43Ronin:

You will soon link it to yahwe of sasu tribe. Na the only thing you sabi

And all you know is worshipping YHWH of shasu tribe.
Keep worshipping abrahamaic gods, na the only thing you sabi be that.

Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by 43Ronin: 12:42am On Oct 11, 2022
Maynmann:

And all you know is worshipping YHWH of shasu tribe.
Keep worshipping abrahamaic gods, na the only thing you sabi be that.
Lol. Na wetin u dey find since nau. Lol. Funny dude
Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by Maynmann: 12:43am On Oct 11, 2022
43Ronin:

Lol. Na wetin u dey find since nau. Lol. Funny dude

Na Abrahamaic gods you dey worship since na,lol funny yahweh worshipper.

Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by 43Ronin: 4:46am On Oct 11, 2022
Maynmann:

Na Abrahamaic gods you dey worship since na,lol funny yahweh worshipper.
Guy drop gist about Allah nau. Which tribe he from. Abi na only yhwh u carry for your head like ringworm
Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:11am On Oct 11, 2022
AllenforGOD:

max who told you jesus is michael?and how is jesus an archangel?jesus is the SON OF GOD,HE'S GOD<JOHN 10:30 ,JOHN 14:10>
It's through careful reading, diligent study and thorough meditation on what is written in the Bible that i discovered that Jesus is the same as Archangel Michael.
He never claimed to be God rather he always say he is God's Son and as intelligent beings we all know the difference between father and son, even John the apostle wrote:

In the beginning WAS the Word, and the Word WAS with God, and the Word WAS God. John 1:1

Note that John never said the word IS God but WAS God because Jesus served as God just as Moses also served as God {Exodus 7:1} in fact Apostles Peter confirmed that Jesus is a prophet of God who came in the manner of Moses the one and only prophet who served as God! Act 3:20-23

So Jesus (according to apostle Peter) is a prophet of God sent in the manner of Moses!
Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by Maynmann: 6:50am On Oct 11, 2022
43Ronin:

Guy drop gist about Allah nau. Which tribe he from. Abi na only yhwh u carry for your head like ringworm

Yahweh worshipper,Why allah?
Why not ask for zeus?
Or yahweh father or mother? El or Asheerah?
Abi na only Israelite god you carry for head like craze?

Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by AllenforGOD(m): 8:54am On Oct 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It's through careful reading, diligent study and thorough meditation on what is written in the Bible that i discovered that Jesus is the same as Archangel Michael.
He never claimed to be God rather he always say he is God's Son and as intelligent beings we all know the difference between father and son, even John the apostle wrote:

In the beginning WAS the Word, and the Word WAS with God, and the Word WAS God. John 1:1

Note that John never said the word IS God but WAS God because Jesus served as God just as Moses also served as God {Exodus 7:1} in fact Apostles Peter confirmed that Jesus is a prophet of God who came in the manner of Moses the one and only prophet who served as God! Act 3:20-23

So Jesus (according to apostle Peter) is a prophet of God sent in the manner of Moses!
abeg john 10:30"I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE"jesus is God.
Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by Steep: 9:30am On Oct 11, 2022
Take not Jesus is not a morning star but the bright morning star.

The bright morning star does not mean lucifer.

Lucifer is called son of the morning, it is often used to describe the devil when he had not fallen.
Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:11am On Oct 11, 2022
AllenforGOD:
abeg john 10:30"I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE"jesus is God.

That's not what Jesus meant there

This is what he meant:
I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. John 17:22

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by mrZENographer: 9:56pm On Oct 11, 2022
KING JAMES BIBLE, THE MOST AUTHENTIC. Most other versions are satanic attempts to change the scriptures

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

famozine1

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:06pm On Oct 11, 2022
mrZENographer:
KING JAMES BIBLE, THE MOST AUTHENTIC. Most other versions are satanic attempts to change the scriptures

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Please can you do justice to what you're quoting by rendering the highlighted in our modern day English?

I love your opening words but with this obsolete English you're complicating issues for anyone who may try to follow up your comment. You yourself said the version you're able to quote is the MOST AUTHENTIC but most people aren't using it perhaps due to it's obsolete English. So help me break down what you're quoting into modern day English.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by mrZENographer: 10:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Please can you do justice to what you're quoting by rendering the highlighted in our modern day English?

I love your opening words but with this obsolete English you're complicating issues for anyone who may try to follow up your comment. You yourself said the version you're able to quote is the MOST AUTHENTIC but most people aren't using it perhaps due to it's obsolete English. So help me break down what you're quoting into modern day English.

Thanks in advance!

Isaiah 14:12 "How are you fallen from heaven, O Lucifer,son of the morning! how are you cut down to the ground, you which did weaken the nations!"

He is called Son of the Morning. Jesus is called Bright and Morning Star.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:16pm On Oct 11, 2022
mrZENographer:

Isaiah 14:12 "How are you fallen from heaven, O Lucifer,son of the morning! how are you cut down to the ground, you which did weaken the nations!"

He is called Son of the Morning. Jesus is called Bright and Morning Star.

Both of them have something to do with the Morning meaning they are from the same origin shey?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by mrZENographer: 11:27pm On Oct 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Both of them have something to do with the Morning meaning they are from the same origin shey?

Lucifer was an archangel (a leader)
Jesus Christ is the Word of God a.k.a The Spirit of God a.k.a The Only Begotten Son of God. John 8:42, John 16:27-28, John 1:1-3

He is the creator of all things (including the archangels)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by Kobojunkie: 2:02am On Oct 12, 2022
mrZENographer:
Jesus Christ is the Word of God a.k.a The Spirit of God a.k.a The Only Begotten Son of God. John 8:42, John 16:27-28, John 1:1-3

There is no Truth to the claim you make as the contexts are clear on who God spoke the poem in the Bible to. undecided

4 At that time you will begin to sing this song about the king of Babylon:

The king was cruel when he ruled us, but now his rule is finished.
5 The Lord breaks the scepter of evil rulers; he takes away their power.
6 In anger, the king of Babylon beat the people. He never stopped beating them. He was an evil ruler who ruled in anger. He never stopped hurting people.
7 But now, the whole country rests and is quiet. Now the people begin to celebrate.
8 You were an evil king, and now you are finished. Even the pine trees are happy. The cedar trees of Lebanon rejoice.They say, “The king chopped us down, but now the king has fallen, and he will never stand again.”
9 The place of death is excited that you are coming. Sheol is waking the spirits of all the leaders of the earth for you. Sheol is making the kings stand up from their thrones to meet you.
10 They will make fun of you, saying, “Now you are as dead as we are. Now you are just like us.”
11 Your pride has been sent down to Sheol. The music from your harps announces the coming of your proud spirit. Maggots will be the bed you lie on, and other worms will cover your body like a blanket.
12 You were like the morning star, but you have fallen from the sky. In the past, all the nations on earth bowed down before you, but now you have been cut down.
13 You always told yourself, “I will go to the skies above. I will put my throne above God’s stars. I will sit on Zaphon, the holy mountain where the gods meet.
14 I will go up to the altar above the tops of the clouds. I will be like God Most High.”
15 But that did not happen. You were brought down to the deep pit—Sheol, the place of death.
16 People will come to look at your dead body. They will think about you and say, “Is this the same man who caused great fear in all the kingdoms on earth,
17 who destroyed cities and turned the land into a desert, who captured people in war and would not let them go home?”
18 The kings of other nations lie buried with honor, each king with his own grave.
19 But you were thrown out of your grave like a branch cut from a tree and thrown away. You are like a dead man who fell in battle, trampled under the feet of other soldiers. Now you look like any other dead man wrapped in burial cloths.
20 Other kings have their own graves, but you will not join them, because you ruined your own country and killed your own people. So your wicked descendants will be stopped.
21 Prepare to kill his children, because their father is guilty. His children will never take control of the land. They will never fill the world with their cities. - Isaiah 14 vs 4 - 21
As clearly indicated in the beginning parts of verse 4, the entire poem which is Isaiah 14 vs 4 - 21 speaks of the King of Babylon who fell from glory by his death, the You in the entire context to whom God Himself referred. undecided

Actually, a very lovely poem to read. undecided
And at the end of the poem, God goes further to remind the reader of the fact that this message is indeed addressed to Babylon and no others. undecided
22 The Lord All-Powerful said, “I will stand and fight against those people. I will destroy the famous city, Babylon. I will destroy all the people there. I will destroy their children, their grandchildren, and their great-grandchildren.” The Lord himself said this.
23 “I will change Babylon. It will be a place for animals, not people. It will be a swamp. I will use the ‘broom of destruction’ to sweep Babylon away.” The Lord All-Powerful said this. - Isaiah 14 vs 22 - 23
Why folks who claim to believe in God choose instead to believe the delusions of men over the Word of God is beyond me. undecided
Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by SolMaximus: 5:52am On Oct 12, 2022
Because both are technically "Son's of God" that is, God is their Father, literally, BUT Jesus is Loyal to the ORDER of GOD'S KINGDOM, where Lucifer is Rebel in the name of DISORDER/CHAOS of GOD'S KINGDOM (That is, the HEAVENLY GOVERNMENT) . They are both ascended beings, ruling over their relative authority in the Universe. Heaven is a SPACESHIP!

interdimensional HEAVENLY ARMADAS of Spaceships have SPIRITUAL BATTLEPLANS of PLANET EARTH, and likewise the SATAN'S SPACEFLEET organizes to plot overtaking planet earth and the human race. Every single day both powers battle to influence human beings in the world they perceive and outside of it. Angels and Demons are battling all the time in the astral realm.

Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:14am On Oct 12, 2022
mrZENographer:

Any scriptural backing for the highlighted?
Re: Why Is Jesus And Lucifer Referred To As MORNING STAR by johnw47: 9:52am On Oct 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

lost false jw mad max

your careful reading, diligent study and thorough meditation hasn't helped you

according to your line of thought that: the Word was God, but is no longer God

then it would also be that: the Word was with God, but the Word is no longer with God

the reason "was" is used is because john is talking about the past:
"in the beginning" was

not: "in the beginning" will be

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How TB Joshua Had Sex With Members' Daughters / Controversy Arises As Jews Request Pastor To Conceal Cross In Jerusalem / Hiv Christian And Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.