Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 (10233 Views)

Birmingham 2022: Olarinoye Wins Nigeria's First Gold, Makes History / World Athletics U-20 Championship: Nnamdi Wins Nigeria's First Javelin Medal / Germany Vs Nigeria: Women World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Imortal001: 9:18am On Oct 10, 2022
reubenobi:
Any chess player here?
Yeap, do stay in abuja?
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 10, 2022
noble2faith:
grin
The surname of the girl no follow at all.

A beautiful and bright girl with ugly and full surname.
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Clintonchiedzie(m): 9:25am On Oct 10, 2022
[quote author=reubenobi post=117429749]Any chess player here?[/yes]
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Clintonchiedzie(m): 9:26am On Oct 10, 2022
Download chess.com appon your phone lets play...my user @clinton6898
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by PrinceMajestic: 9:30am On Oct 10, 2022
HomoDroid:

You obviously do not play chess! A Knight odds is difficult to overcome - you'll be lucky to get a draw! But a QUEEN!?
it's you who don't play chess because if you do you will know that chess is life and anything can happen at anytime and position matter alot. One of my strategies called bishop sacrifice, usually in the beginning of game with my bishop I attack your pawn in F7 standing next to your king and you have no choice than to sac with ur king leaving you unable to castle and putting your king in a bad position where all the destruction will befall you. I usually overcome that except few occasions where the person is very good, in chess position is almost everything.
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Grandmeister(m): 9:31am On Oct 10, 2022
kingyakos:

Ok
Username?
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Grandmeister(m): 9:31am On Oct 10, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
it's you who don't play chess because if you do you will know that chess is life and anything can happen at anytime and position matter alot. One of my strategies called bishop sacrifice, usually in the beginning of game with my bishop I attack your pawn in F7 standing next to your king and you have no choice than to sac with ur king leaving you unable to castle and putting your king in a bad position where all the destruction will befall you. I usually overcome that except few occasions where the person is very good, in chess position is almost everything.
Lol rest.
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by patrickmuf(m): 9:38am On Oct 10, 2022
reubenobi:
Any chess player here?
Sure...I can hold my own against anyone...

1 Like

Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by patrickmuf(m): 9:40am On Oct 10, 2022
chessguru:
She is a force to reckon with in the Ladies Category . She represented Nigeria earlier in the year . Chess needs more sponsorship in Nigeria , we need to reward good thinking
Are you on Lichess? My username is papRICK
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by patrickmuf(m): 9:41am On Oct 10, 2022
amrichy:

One here.
Anytime you're ready to chop some chess beating, 'Reechy' is my lichess account username. You can send me a challenge whenever you're ready
Let's game...You're not online but I just followed you via papRICK
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by nairalee(m): 9:43am On Oct 10, 2022
kingyakos:

You are right and i hope you learn how to play the most beautiful game called Chess.
It's gonna be of a great help to you.

I know how to play chess. I mostly play against computer. I prefer playing against my fellow humans
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by patrickmuf(m): 9:46am On Oct 10, 2022
chessguru:
WFM perpetual is very strong for a Lady and has been dorminant on the Nigerian Chess scene for a while . her Lichess ID is perpz ....
From her ratings, I'm sure I'll beat her...
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by teepain: 9:47am On Oct 10, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
I was taught by people who would off their queen and play me blindfold and still mate me, I learned the hard way. I was forced to read chess books of world grandmasters like Rybka, karukan etc I was forced to memorize each single 64 squares of the board in my head like my teachers, I've repped my varsity, and my town in local competition,

Your teachers did a bad job by making you memorize instead of teaching you the nuances of chess strategy which is basically about acquiring small advantages and exploiting such and transforming them into bigger advantages. It could be spatial advantage, lead in tempo; better pawn structure or 2 bishop advantage; control of files, ranks or diagonals. These are themes and they need to be memorized.

I've gone for competition and also met people better than I am but in all my chess life I never met a woman in all my competition
that's why I am boldly saying what I said about female players. I don't talk much

How could you have met a woman in the competitions you went for when the female category is always separated from the male category except for very few tournaments.

And like someone pointed out, only a fish would brag about playing queenless against a Nigerian female champion. And you aren't a Nigerian male champion yourself !?

1 Like

Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by kingyakos: 9:49am On Oct 10, 2022
Grandmeister:

Username?

Don't need username for blind Chess. Thought you said you've mastered all the 64 box on the board.

I'm playing White
Pawn: B5 to C5

You playing black so make your moves

Keep a piece of paper and a pencil beside you to write down every of our moves. I'm with mine here.
Make ur moves
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by kingyakos: 9:52am On Oct 10, 2022
nairalee:

I know how to play chess. I mostly play against computer. I prefer playing against my fellow humans

U can play against your fellow humans around the world via Chess.com

1 Like

Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by patrickmuf(m): 9:54am On Oct 10, 2022
kingyakos:

Don't need username for blind Chess. Thought you said you've mastered all the 64 box on the board.

I'm playing White

Keep a piece of paper and a pencil beside you to write down every of our moves. I'm with mine here.
Make ur moves
Hop on Lichess and stop bragging here...

1 Like

Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by kingyakos: 9:57am On Oct 10, 2022
patrickmuf:
Hop on Lichess and stop bragging here...

Normal Chess player mouth grin grin grin

I challenge you on blind Chess
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Cmanforall: 9:58am On Oct 10, 2022
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by patrickmuf(m): 10:02am On Oct 10, 2022
kingyakos:

Baba drop your lichess handle and stop making mouth here...
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Sheylon(m): 10:03am On Oct 10, 2022
Chai... I love chess game and I'm always trying to improve myself by playing with computer but I'm always humiliated.
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Grandmeister(m): 10:10am On Oct 10, 2022
kingyakos:

I'm playing White

Make ur moves
WTF? Lol na checkers you dey play?
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by kingyakos: 10:14am On Oct 10, 2022
patrickmuf:
Baba drop your lichess handle and stop making mouth here...

I only play blind Chess
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Truthshscrazy: 10:18am On Oct 10, 2022
Nice one
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by einsteine(m): 10:23am On Oct 10, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
intellectual capacity of men and women are naturally not equal so there's suppose to be a women category. Like the woman champion of chess for example you can even play her without your queen and still checkmate her if you know the board moves

This is silly talk.

The strongest female chess player would give you full Bishop odds and beat you. Infact, Perpetual here would beat you with two pawns off.

What's your FIDE rating first of all?
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by einsteine(m): 10:24am On Oct 10, 2022
kingyakos:

So that you can cheat abi?

Register on lichess and play.
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by einsteine(m): 10:26am On Oct 10, 2022
patrickmuf:

What's your FIDE rating?

If you are not FIDE rated, what's your peak Lichess rating?
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by einsteine(m): 10:28am On Oct 10, 2022
PrinceMajestic:

Dem suppose wipe you with cord for all the nonsense you don dey cap here.

Register on Lichess and send your username so I can beat you shegely
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by kingyakos: 10:46am On Oct 10, 2022
einsteine:

So that you can cheat abi?

Register on lichess and play.

How can i cheat when both of us are recording every moves we make.
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by reubenobi(m): 10:49am On Oct 10, 2022
Imortal001:

Yeap, do stay in abuja?
no, I'm based in Lagos.
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by reubenobi(m): 10:51am On Oct 10, 2022
patrickmuf:
Are you on Chess.com?
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by GreyLaw(m): 10:55am On Oct 10, 2022
noble2faith:
grin
The surname of the girl no follow at all.

A beautiful and bright girl with ugly and full surname.

Someone's native name is ugly? How about all those 'Klywchowski' kind of names?
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by einsteine(m): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2022
kingyakos:

How can i cheat when both of us are recording every moves we make.

You can cheat by using an engine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2016 Funny Football Memes-drop Yours / Week 6 Pool Results For Saturday, August 15 2020 – Pool Agent Result / Did India Really Score Nigeria 99-1? Read Real Story Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.