Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 (10224 Views)

Birmingham 2022: Olarinoye Wins Nigeria's First Gold, Makes History / World Athletics U-20 Championship: Nnamdi Wins Nigeria's First Javelin Medal / Germany Vs Nigeria: Women World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by sweetjohn(m): 11:02am On Oct 10, 2022
why won't she win when her name is Obi Oyoyo
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by chessguru(m): 11:06am On Oct 10, 2022
patrickmuf:
From her ratings, I'm sure I'll beat her...
her rating is higher than yours
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by chessguru(m): 11:07am On Oct 10, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
saying trash. You must be a lame player, I will give your type queen or play you blindfold I swear
from your words i know you are a no body in Nigerian chess.
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by kingyakos: 11:08am On Oct 10, 2022
einsteine:

You can cheat by using an engine.

It means you don't understand when i say blind Chess
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by freecitizn: 11:22am On Oct 10, 2022
kingyakos:

Don't need username for blind Chess. Thought you said you've mastered all the 64 box on the board.

I'm playing White
Pawn: B5 to C5

You playing black so make your moves

Keep a piece of paper and a pencil beside you to write down every of our moves. I'm with mine here.
Make ur moves

How did the white pawn get from row 2 to 5? And how is it moving sideways from B to C? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 11:22am On Oct 10, 2022
chatinent:
What a brain box we have here.

Well done, dear.
na so I won EKSU fresher chess champion in 2015 and they give nothing till today..
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by dochenaj: 11:23am On Oct 10, 2022
nairalee:
I dunno why I sentimentally assume that anyone who can play chess is automatically intelligent.

Being a sapiosexual I'm already in love wit this lady
Your assumption is not wrong.

At least anyone who can play it well, would be intelligent.
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by dochenaj: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2022
freecitizn:
How did the white pawn get from row 2 to 5? And how is it moving sideways from B to C? shocked
The guy just blundered while trying to come off as smart. B5 to C5 indeed. That's a diagonal move, maybe he is confusing the chessboard with his "draft" board. Lol

1 Like

Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by dochenaj: 11:31am On Oct 10, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
it's you who don't play chess because if you do you will know that chess is life and anything can happen at anytime and position matter alot. One of my strategies called bishop sacrifice, usually in the beginning of game with my bishop I attack your pawn in F7 standing next to your king and you have no choice than to sac with ur king leaving you unable to castle and putting your king in a bad position where all the destruction will befall you. I usually overcome that except few occasions where the person is very good, in chess position is almost everything.
To be able to make that move means you're playing someone who is not well versed with openings. Else they would always defend that move and not be forced to accept your sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by dochenaj: 11:36am On Oct 10, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
intellectual capacity of men and women are naturally not equal so there's suppose to be a women category. Like the woman champion of chess for example you can even play her without your queen and still checkmate her if you know the board moves
Recreational chess players ain't the same as competitive chess players.

If you are not an active competitive chess player, I am confident that a female chess champion that actively plays competitive games will take off a bishop and still win you.

1 Like

Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by patrickmuf(m): 11:40am On Oct 10, 2022
chessguru:
her rating is higher than yours
Doesn't mean she'll best me...Ask Grandmeister, we have played a couple of games already, he'll tell you that I'm no pushover...
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by patrickmuf(m): 11:41am On Oct 10, 2022
einsteine:

What's your FIDE rating?

If you are not FIDE rated, what's your peak Lichess rating?
2257 or so...
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Berlindefense: 11:48am On Oct 10, 2022
reubenobi:
Any chess player here?
yes me
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Berlindefense: 11:54am On Oct 10, 2022
Are you quoting Bobby Fischer or Einstein? This conspiracy theory is wrong man, French Grandmaster Alrieza Firoujza won Sinquelfied cup last month, the take home pay is 200m naira just for playing a board game for 7 days
mrrandomguy:
Consistency is the key to become a good player. Your ability deteriorates once you stop playing it.

However, the ability to play chess is the sign of a gentle man, the ability to play chess well is the sign of a wasted life.

Inclusiveness. Many more people are accommodated this way. Btw there are competitions where participants are not seperated by gender. This are more common in Eastern Europe where they learn to play chess before learning to ride a bicycle.
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by chessguru(m): 11:54am On Oct 10, 2022
patrickmuf:
Doesn't mean she'll best me...Ask Grandmeister, we have played a couple of games already, he'll tell you that I'm no pushover...
does not mean you will beat her either . she beats many Top Nigerian players
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Krismas(m): 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2022
oldienavie:
Why is there a women category for chess ? Chess is not a physical but mental sport so when is there gender stratification ?
Just like saying Best Graduating Student Women Category..
Chess is a sport nonetheless. Involving rigorous mental stress. Male and female competitive ability and creativity under strain, vary significantly. The only female that played in the male category was Judit Polgar- an unbelievable prodigy of the game. However thruout her illustrious career, she could not achieve beyond 6th best in the world.
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by patrickmuf(m): 12:05pm On Oct 10, 2022
chessguru:
does not mean you will beat her either . she beats many Top Nigerian players
It wil be a tough duel...If you're game, we can play on Lichess...
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by patrickmuf(m): 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2022
Krismas:
Chess is a sport nonetheless. Involving rigorous mental stress. Male and female competitive ability and creativity under strain, vary significantly. The only female that played in the male category was Judit Polgar- an unbelievable prodigy of the game. However thruout her illustrious career, she could not achieve beyond 6th best in the world.
What's your Lichess username?
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Krismas(m): 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
intellectual capacity of men and women are naturally not equal so there's suppose to be a women category. Like the woman champion of chess for example you can even play her without your queen and still checkmate her if you know the board moves
grin U are daydreaming!
Bobby Fischer boasted about playing white with a knight down against the Russian woman champion and beating her convincingly. Well he was offered the chance by the Soviet chess community and he wisely refused grin U will Be skinned
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Krismas(m): 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2022
patrickmuf:
What's your Lichess username?
grin Sorry am not on Lichess. But I don’t see why we couldn’t start chess play on Nairaland like they do premier league games and Champions League matches.
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by patrickmuf(m): 12:15pm On Oct 10, 2022
Krismas:
grin Sorry am not on Lichess. But I don’t see why we couldn’t start chess play on Nairaland like they do premier league games and Champions League matches.
It will be fun...

1 Like

Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Krismas(m): 12:15pm On Oct 10, 2022
patrickmuf:
It wil be a tough duel...If you're game, we can play on Lichess...
grin I like ur confidence. What’s ur Elo rating?
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by patrickmuf(m): 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2022
Krismas:
grin I like ur confidence. What’s ur Elo rating?
On Lichess 2257 is my peak however, I know how network and incoming calls have frustrated me over time...Now, I have a dedicated sim I use for data...

1 Like

Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Krismas(m): 12:27pm On Oct 10, 2022
patrickmuf:
On Lichess 2257 is my peak however, I know how network and incoming calls have frustrated me over time...Now, I have a dedicated sim I use for data...
grin Ur score is impressive. U can also try chess master. U don’t need internet to play on chessmaster and u will be pitched against various Bots with progressive chess strengths.

1 Like

Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by ehirimchinyere8: 12:28pm On Oct 10, 2022
olancho:
Chinyere see your mate. Every time I am going for a competition. Congratulations my dear.
... Olancho u are cracking me up. If I say I'm going for competition at least I go. Sometimes I win and sometimes I loose... Lol grin
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Imortal001: 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2022
reubenobi:
no, I'm based in Lagos.
God save you, i will have eat you like fish!
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by Germi9: 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2022
reubenobi:
Any chess player here?
You wanna get wooped?
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by patrickmuf(m): 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2022
Krismas:
grin Ur score is impressive. U can also try chess master. U don’t need internet to play on chessmaster and u will be pitched against various Bots with progressive chess strengths.
I know Chessmaster...I just prefer playing against humans...

1 Like

Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by patrickmuf(m): 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2022
Imortal001:

God save you, i will have eat you like fish!
Drop your Lichess username if you're up for it...
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by patrickmuf(m): 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2022
Guys just drop your Lichess username and let's roll...
Re: Perpetual Ogbiyoyo Wins Nigeria Women's Chess Championship 2022 by einsteine(m): 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2022
kingyakos:

It means you don't understand when i say blind Chess

Everybody knows what blind chess is but it is easier to cheat when you are typing in your moves. Play on a graphical interface on Lichess and it is much harder to cheat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should Obafemi Martins Be Recalled To The National Team? / Greek Super League Fixtures Suspended After Referee Attack! / Week 6 Pool Results For Saturday, August 15 2020 – Pool Agent Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.