Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana (55997 Views)

A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Mayback2: 9:38pm On Oct 13, 2022
grin grin
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by brandsoncharlie: 9:41pm On Oct 13, 2022
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Illiterate like you have the biggest mouth the Zim dollar to the US dollar is about 380. Ghanaian cedi to the US dollar in about 11. Nigeria 21 is on the map of 750 you're illiterate mouth and start making noise up and down the place. Nigerian naira is one of the most worthless currency in the world even if you go to Benin Republic right now you find Nigerian naira shown at the side of the road like 5 or 10 Naira you can pick them from the side of the road in Benin Republic. At least electricity has gone up in Ghana and they have electricity in Nigeria you don't even have electricity at all but the price keeps on increasing you can see you are a total electric which chicken brain

Cedi ranked second worst-performing currency in the world – Bloomberg
Source : https://www.adomonline.com/cedi-ranked-second-worst-performing-currency-in-the-world-bloomberg/
SOURCEJoy Business.
Be guided with your utterances because you’re ill mannered.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by donforeign: 9:44pm On Oct 13, 2022
NozinoGroup:

Ehis notenmwen. Better sell your IPhone enter motor come house. Things dy sup for Benin.
hahaha
U wan show am btc back up work
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by dododawa1: 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2022
Na only d good side u talk,tell us d your EVIL too
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Arry110(m): 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2022
Major7:

Saving in an economy where naira is depreciating? Lol. Yes there are risks in biz but opt for the one that the risk is not higher than the profit.
naira depreciating also affects businesses done with naira not only naira savings, it’s literally the same thing
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mediclife1987(m): 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2022
inoki247:

Lol dem too like money dere billing go dey come in Cedis not like our babe wey we still fit use 1k arrange...

I remember wen one carry me handicap we neva start to date u don run bill me 1k cedis I be like sho naso una dey run am here....

Choi!
1k fvcking cedis!!!
That's #40,000!!! oh.
Oloriburuku lawon Omo Ghana Yi sha!
Na so Ghana towtow cost reach?!
Naija too sweet abeg.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Okhuadams(m): 9:52pm On Oct 13, 2022
Offpointng:
Anywhere else is better than Nigeria, I just want to japa from Nigeria by any means possible, Nigeria is hell bla bla. na dem be this o and until you japa that japa wey dey hungry you go you won't know how Blessed Nigeria is

I love my country so much nobody can convince me on why any country is better than Nigeria when it comes to standard of living. I've visited UK once and I'm glad it wasn't japa that opened my eyes as to how abroad really is, I'm sure I would have been regretting like Segun is atm

From Today, Any Nigerian who curses Nigeria remain cursed and the curses extending to his/her family and same goes to those that Bless her
you mean Afghanistan prison is better than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by inoki247: 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2022
mediclife1987:

Choi!
1k fvcking cedis!!!
That's #40,000!!! oh.
Oloriburuku lawon Omo Ghana Yi sha!
Na so Ghana towtow cost reach?!
Naija too sweet abeg.

lol where u wan get 1k Cedis for 40k u wan go rob CBN steal cedis derr abi that 1k is within the Range of 69k to 70k for black market...
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mediclife1987(m): 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2022
[quote author=UDZUBY post=117538400][/quote]

How about working there as a medical doctor, my colleague told me the salary is ¢7,000/month.
Is that a good salary to live a conducive life?
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Major7: 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2022
Arry110:
naira depreciating also affects businesses done with naira not only naira savings, it’s literally the same thing

No its not. When you invest, you get returns but when you save it doesn't add up. Do you get it now
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by an555: 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2022
Bro this happen to me too, the same story, made millions lost it all, house rent got due, sold all properties came back to Nigeria, squatted with my law, and in. A month made another million. Life is ups and down. If na to come back, squart somewhere or go back home and bear the parental wahala then go ahead but I advise you squart with friends and start somewhere, it's better.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Ehismarkninetee: 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2022
[quote author=Angbakpa post=117536640]

Bros Abeg... you say you dey Ghana?..I need you help, my younger brother don follow some guys go ghana now no Ghana number or account number to send him money to return home.[/quote

Write me on email- Dr.meyertobias@gmail.com
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mediclife1987(m): 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2022
wealthyhenry:

Woman.

I had my uni in Ghana, I know how cheap sex is over there.

Na woman finish him money, trust me.

How come sex is cheap yet na the women finish him money for there.

I sha no just dey understand una people at at all...

How about their big black yanshed babes?
Shey Dem dey easy to lash? Na the major thing wey wan make me settle down for Ghana be that oh!!!

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by buchai: 10:03pm On Oct 13, 2022
Brother, globally economy of the world is not good right now
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mediclife1987(m): 10:04pm On Oct 13, 2022
inoki247:

lol where u wan get 1k Cedis for 40k u wan go rob CBN steal cedis derr abi that 1k is within the Range of 69k to 70k for black market...

Godammit!
Me dey browse am for internet sef���
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by mediclife1987(m): 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2022
inoki247:

Oya tell me na, how about earning ¢7,000/month in Ghana?
Is it a decent salary?
I'm a medical doctor by the way.
And maybe na them high class sophisticated banny you go carry wey bill you that amount...
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by osayuwamwen(m): 10:10pm On Oct 13, 2022
everythinggirly:
The only thing wey fit make me comot for nija na school, as far as you're hustling in nija, and you're making it, you can afford anything you want.
u can work legitimately and make it here in Nigeria, millions are making it even from ordinary social media comedy, young hard working youth are making millions with easy legitimately... Na lazy once they shout japa with every slit opportunity, Nigeria is still far better than even some countries in Europe but pple nor know not until u travel

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Ehismarkninetee: 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2022
SUFFERInSMILIIN:
please op we want to really try to help you but you need to tell us the full story and every detail because the story which we got you were spending money with davido or Wizkid. Please I would like to know the full true story so that we can try to help you or assist you if you should come back home or if we should move on we want to know your full economical status and what went wrong so that you don't make the same mistake

I appreciate all the responses. To answer the most asked questions as regard what am I doing here? I came to Ghana with the mind of establishing a business which I did. I opened a laundry and barbing shop in the same plaza. I faced so many challenges from Ghanaians and their government which later resulted to the folding up of the business. Now I need help to return back to Nigeria
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Paulianfa(m): 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ghanaian yansh don finished in money, their gals yansh big and curvy.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by doneback04: 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2022
NozinoGroup:

Ehis notenmwen. Better sell your IPhone enter motor come house. Things dy sup for Benin.

Wetin dey happened there grin grin??
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by brandsoncharlie: 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:

I appreciate all the responses. To answer the most asked questions as regard what am I doing here? I came to Ghana with the mind of establishing a business which I did. I opened a laundry and barbing shop in the same plaza. I faced so many challenges from Ghanaians and their government which later resulted to the folding up of the business. Now I need help to return back to Nigeria
Bro next time don’t open any business in Ghana except you’re an investor like UBA , dangote etc they will frustrate you.
You should have made a rich Ghanaian friend first,Who has a business to front for your business.
God will help you recover.
I know a Gabonese guy who wants to start photocopy , type writing, printing of documents and many more .
Still today that guy has been frustrated with tax and has collapsed.
Their laws are archaic and discriminatory.

3 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Eaglesence: 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:
Anybody that says Ghana is better than Nigeria, is a big liar. Let me tell you the honest truth, Ghana is only better than Nigeria in aspect of electricity and security. But wait, isn’t that the key parameters to measure if a country is doing good?

I came to Ghana in 2021, I can’t say it’s the worst decision of my life. But I have had my own fair share of the popular saying “This is Accra, Cry your Cry” omo, it has been hard, but I cannot say that there hasn’t been days that were extremely good.

I came into this country using an iPhone 7, now I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, it was in this country I met davido one on one. This time last year I was a millionaire here in Ghana. So u see, I cannot say Ghana has been bad to me.

Fast forward to today, I am penniless. At the verge of being thrown to the street. House rent is due in few weeks time. No money for bank account, I don’t even know where the money will come from. I have contemplated returning back to Nigeria, but am I going to borrow the money to do so? Even if I return back to Nigeria now, will I return back to my father’s house? These are the questions.

Well, for now. I think I have to keep being positive and remain on my grind, hoping for God to make a way for me. That’s my only hope.

Return home to your mother land, stay with your dad i am sure he will understand cos shit happens. Then join the real estate business. You dont need cash to start off. It might take a while to hit it and it might be instant.
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by doneback04: 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2022
Bro Renew your mindset with God words on daily basis and God will turn things around for u
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by united101: 10:45pm On Oct 13, 2022
Pls what did you invest un?
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Mcslize: 10:46pm On Oct 13, 2022
Please don't live beyond your means once you get back on your feet.

I know you will like flexing. That's what most guys do. Once money land like this, they end up wasting it, living frivolously without thinking about tomorrow and saving for the raining days.

Most guys lack money management skill. If things were once good for you, you were supposed to save and limit your outing.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by sekem: 10:47pm On Oct 13, 2022
E be Yahoo don cast
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by meobizy(f): 10:53pm On Oct 13, 2022
I still beat my chest to say millionaire no dey Nairaland. When OP was a millionaire last year, he never opened Nairaland for one day. Now he’s gone broke he’s a regular. Do with the knowledge whatever you want. Na who talk say him get Dangote contact from Nairaland dey find garri to soak for night pass.

Life na ups and downs. Poor people smile while the wealthy cry. As you find yourself wanting now doesn’t mean you won’t enjoy later. Without feasts, famines make no sense. Vice versa.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Christian07(m): 10:56pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:
Anybody that says Ghana is better than Nigeria, is a big liar. Let me tell you the honest truth, Ghana is only better than Nigeria in aspect of electricity and security. But wait, isn’t that the key parameters to measure if a country is doing good?

I came to Ghana in 2021, I can’t say it’s the worst decision of my life. But I have had my own fair share of the popular saying “This is Accra, Cry your Cry” omo, it has been hard, but I cannot say that there hasn’t been days that were extremely good.

I came into this country using an iPhone 7, now I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, it was in this country I met davido one on one. This time last year I was a millionaire here in Ghana. So u see, I cannot say Ghana has been bad to me.

Fast forward to today, I am penniless. At the verge of being thrown to the street. House rent is due in few weeks time. No money for bank account, I don’t even know where the money will come from. I have contemplated returning back to Nigeria, but am I going to borrow the money to do so? Even if I return back to Nigeria now, will I return back to my father’s house? These are the questions.

Well, for now. I think I have to keep being positive and remain on my grind, hoping for God to make a way for me. That’s my only hope.

2021 na you dey go dey enter gh you better enter 9ja back, you no enter during 2015 you get mind oo, gh way we been dey enjoy dt yr b4 buhari come spoil every thing

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by dawndeal: 11:07pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:

How were you able to cope? Jeez those guys hate Nigerians pass shit
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Patokens: 11:09pm On Oct 13, 2022
[What did you invest in?

quote author=Antimarraige post=117450889]You had millions and you couldn't invest? What a shame, my investment of 500k some years back is fetching me millions today [/quote]
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by candygist: 11:10pm On Oct 13, 2022
Antimarraige:
You had millions and you couldn't invest? What a shame, my investment of 500k some years back is fetching me millions today

If we ask you to tell us the investment now, you will ask us to pay certain amount just to have an idea.

What is the investment bro ?
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by deavicky(m): 11:14pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:

you get millions and u deside to carry am follow okpowo also go drink for where big boys dey drink, also see davido one on one. now the money don finish u dey come tell us. What exactly do want us to tell u. You went there made millions you think say na there life end. Come back your father still dey alive.
Anyway you don enjoy already olosho there na equivalent of 80k here you don carry plenty nah.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway / I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy / Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.