Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off (20539 Views)

ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary / ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn / ASUU NEC Holds Decisive Meeting On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by OgbeniOja1: 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2022
Lol we HV been communicated with the details already. And that's what I just shared with you
JJuanMiguel:

Do you know what's in the signed agreement?
I don't think fg will agree to pay the 8 months in full after the court has ordered ASUU to resume.
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by HIPROFILE(m): 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2022
This means that during the 8 years reign of Buhari and his Party the APC ASUU has striked for a total of 630 days which makes it approximately 2years (just 100 days more) out of school for the students…

Even if Angel Michael is the one campaigning to become Nigeria President on the platform of APC I wont consider such an Angel let alone the like of Tinubu? at his current state?

Hell No!

Peter Obi remains the only option!

Vote wisely Vote Labour Party.
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by gabbasin: 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2022
.ASUU have always been fighting for their personal interests not that of university education, the students are the losers here, now they will collect salaries they never worked for,
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by OgbeniOja1: 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2022
This one na tales by moonlight. Another strike is brewing in 2024. I doubt the new regime would maintain the set agreement
haslaw:

Stop hallucinating. If you go on strike again the following will happen to ASUU

1) ASUU will be viewed as a lawless organisation and subsequently deregistered.
2) ASUU exco would be arrested and prosecuted for contempt of court.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by bimbodotun(m): 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2022
any student supporting ASUU approach is really ignorant....While it's good the strike is called off....who will compensate the students for the lost time....how will affected students meet the age barrier for some employment opportunities....and yet those lecturers will still not teach and yet set tough exams for their students to fail....For lecturers that do such....it shall not be well with them. Amen

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by olaniyilukman(m): 8:06pm On Oct 11, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
So FG wan pay dem 8months salary?
That is absolutely nonsense, how will you pay people who don't render any services and what is the gain of students who stayed at home for this period...
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Bambita: 8:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
I don't even know whether I should be happy or sad.. I m just indifferent about this news.. I am scared of resuming because of how inconsiderate and wicked my lecturers are. I m heavily pregnant and I know the pressure will be much on me. When I was ready they didn't call off the strike. So many questions lurking in my mind, I just got a new job in another state.. how do I navigate all these with my condition and my toddler.. God.. cry cry
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by IamDietiesGod: 8:30pm On Oct 11, 2022
Bambita:
I don't even know whether I should be happy or sad.. I m just indifferent about this news.. I am scared of resuming because of how inconsiderate and wicked my lecturers are. I m heavily pregnant and I know the pressure will be much on me. When I was ready they didn't call off the strike. So many questions lurking in my mind, I just got a new job in another state.. how do I navigate all these with my condition and my toddler.. God.. cry cry

You will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:32pm On Oct 11, 2022
JuicyStar:
They don’t have a choice again. The good thing is that strike would no longer be a weapon for negotiation anymore.

Did you read the agreements there? They'll be paid for the 8 months they didn't work.

Trust me, strike would continue to be a weapon of negotiation... In this case, ASUU is definitely the winner

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:34pm On Oct 11, 2022
OgbeniOja1:
Who said?? We are getting our salary arrears plus increment. Strike is the only thing govt listens to.

Thank you o. ASUU is the winner in all this. If FG knew they'll pay, they should have just settled the matter long ago. Any reasonable person should be asking why FG allowed it extend this long if they would still succumb and pay the arrears

3 Likes

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by alimiadedayo1: 8:42pm On Oct 11, 2022
post=117476350:
ASUU don lule.
A BIG shame on ASUU.

Gbamsolutely!
You've said it all.

That's the word on everyone's lips now.
ASUU don lule
be deceiving yourself and polarizing the issue is at student detriment they later agree to pay their salary and the issue of rivatilization has been won so who lost? student a responsible government suppose to do the right thing before ASUU fight for their demands.. and the only good thing in apc is gbajabiamila I love him the man so much though I don't like apc party and apc government but he is exceptional something that minister of education and labour cannot solve for 7 months he resolve the issue within 3 weeks that shows the people representing the government are not sincere and ready to resolve the matter

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by alimiadedayo1: 8:44pm On Oct 11, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

Thank you o. ASUU is the winner in all this. If FG knew they'll pay, they should have just settled the matter long ago. Any reasonable person should be asking why FG allowed it extend this long if they would still succumb and pay the arrears
bro u get the right but do you know the problem we have the people working with Buhari plus Buhari are not responsible especially those that surrounds him they are power drunk and evil they don't care about anybody
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Peacecore: 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2022
Flamzey00:
Make the strike never end Oooo. My neighbor wey I don Dey knack never carry belle yet. Plz adjust resumption until August next year 2024 abeg
you na werey o grin
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Peacecore: 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2022
Make I go find the place wey I write ma reg number sef.
Las las I don dull with all this new new catch wey I get newly. This weekend go be do or die o
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by zedegit: 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
Flamzey00:
Make the strike never end Oooo. My neighbor wey I don Dey knack never carry belle yet. Plz adjust resumption until August next year 2024 abeg

You are impotent. .. . Even if they still extend it for 5 years more. Nothing.
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Spanki(f): 9:41pm On Oct 11, 2022
politicoNG:

https://twitter.com/eduplana_/status/1579872754199072768?s=19

Lol... ASUU was wise to have shut the universities down under the auspices of demands, but a wise one will know that the way banditry was going, the students would have turned to casualties
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by shimolv: 9:56pm On Oct 11, 2022
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by peacettw: 9:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
Just a complete waste of everyone's time
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by hotseat: 10:03pm On Oct 11, 2022
So inspite of the braggadocio, threat of no work, no pay and the divide and rule tactics, the FG, Ngige,CUNTnua, etc still had to eat the humble pie?

My "amagadam"!

The Buhari regime is the most degenerate in our history as a country!

Walahi!

Eventually, it would still bow to the UTAS!

Fela once sang "perambulator: he go dey perambulate and him still dey same, same place".

IDIOTAS...AS ALWAYS!
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Mullernobi(m): 10:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
s4short:
But why on Earth would FG agree to pay these people for neglecting their duties and wasting students time, I thought Buhari would stand firm and do the right thing, people can't abandon their duties for 9 months and be rewarded with a largess. Buhari has failed us
You're a big fool
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Mullernobi(m): 10:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
gabbasin:
.ASUU have always been fighting for their personal interests not that of university education, the students are the losers here, now they will collect salaries they never worked for,
Cry me a river. Ntorrr
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by ufuosman(m): 10:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
Finally dey will call it off
Speaker of HoR u too much. More wisdom to you
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Flamzey00(m): 10:20pm On Oct 11, 2022
zedegit:

You are impotent. .. . Even if they still extend it for 5 years more. Nothing.
Hahaha bring your mama make I take test my potency werey pikin lol
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Ujm1: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2022
Oh
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by ivandrag0n: 10:41pm On Oct 11, 2022
post=117476350:
ASUU don lule.
A BIG shame on ASUU.

Gbamsolutely!
You've said it all.

That's the word on everyone's lips now.
ASUU don lule

You’re spot-on. Majority of Nigerians will be very disappointed with Speaker Gbajabiamila and President Buhari if they dare accede to the payments of the 8-months strike salary to the useless ASUU.

They are shamed and have lost all credibility before sensible Nigerians.

If Buhari accedes to the 8 months, ASUU will be back with a bigger and longer strike next year. I’ve never seen such an irresponsible association who take such amount of liberties.

Government must also not allow the useless union use UTAS otherwise they’d have set a precedence for other unions to start agitating for same.

Shame on ASUU.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Polynek(m): 10:43pm On Oct 11, 2022
Are they going to pay NASU too?
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by osazsky(m): 11:32pm On Oct 11, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
So FG wan pay dem 8months salary?
y wont they pay..it is wat applies in Europe too...its called a union...only that in USA the govt is not as stupid as buhari to allow a strike linger on for one year when she know she will pay and govt bears the loss...this is a big loss in terms of revenue to buhari cuz no remitta and u are still paying salaries..i love assu..fg worst nightmare
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by osazsky(m): 11:34pm On Oct 11, 2022
Polynek:
Are they going to pay NASU too?
u guys already accepted the no work no pay..ur excos have been setled..u are on ur own
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by osazsky(m): 11:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
ivandrag0n:

You’re spot-on. Majority of Nigerians will be very disappointed with Speaker Gbajabiamila and President Buhari if they date accede to the payments of the 8-months strike salary to the useless ASUU.

They are shamed and have lost all credibility before sensible Nigerians.

If Buhari accedes to the 8 months, ASUU will be back with a bigger and longer strike next year. I’ve never seen such an irresponsible association who take such amount of liberties.

Government must also not allow the useless union use UTAS otherwise they’d have set a precedence for other unions to start agitating for same.

Shame on ASUU.
if they dont pay assu are they going to give u the money cuz it has already been budgeted for since oct last year..lesser guns and thugs during this election as assu don collect everything..next time apc will learn to be proactive waiting bubu want take campaign for tinubu now? I feel for d afonja republic nation
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by osazsky(m): 11:38pm On Oct 11, 2022
gabbasin:
where u expecting bursary from assu salaries
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by osazsky(m): 11:44pm On Oct 11, 2022
adioolayi:
Sadly,

In all of these... Students remains the worst hit as usual...

Lost time can never be regained...it's gone!
House rent paid...gone!
Many are already out of NYSC minimum age requirements...

Many are already out of minimum age required for their dream job...

Many won't be able to continue, they are already financially handicapped as their sponsors are dead or retired....

The sad effects of these strike actions on Students are endless..it cannot be captured!

Whereas, the 8months salary arrears these striking Lecturers were not in class will be paid in full...
Trust me...many of these lecturers will use this money to complete their ja'pa process..

It is what it is...This is Nigeria

God bless Nigeria.
unicab lost 21 lecturers during the strike so speak for yourself..we must all fight for a better Nigeria..we dont see senators going on strike...why? Cuz they are been paid 200m every month and one idiot there is using 300 billuons to buy toiletries in d house..until we reduce d cost of governance we will continue to postpone our peoblems as a nation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwara State Polytechnic Result Now Out / 2021 UTME: JAMB Announces Registration Date, Makes NIN Compulsory / 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.