Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off (20541 Views)

ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary / ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn / ASUU NEC Holds Decisive Meeting On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Desusi: 3:25am On Oct 12, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
So FG wan pay dem 8months salary?
Na solo.After all the hullabaloo! Yeye people.
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by elitper: 4:24am On Oct 12, 2022
Your ignorance is extraordinarily deep, but you cover it with the way you speak with so much assurance. Now, this is the way ASUU runs: the president lacks the power to declare a strike or call it off. Only members do so with their votes from the branch congresses. By the time Ngige dragged the Union to NIC, the outcome and further reactions had been predicted and members were ready to go on till next year. You should be a little intelligent enough that those who did 8months without pay have already adjusted. With the appeal court ruling, the consensus among members is to resume without teaching and wait for proscription of the union. After that, a mass sack of all the members. And that is where the government reaches a dead end. Or do you fancy in your childish brain that you can hire about 30000 academics (with about a third of them professors) as you do political thugs? Well, let me point you to history. Gowon and Babangida tried exactly this and failed. I have decided not to talk about the well-advertised merits of ASUU’s struggle because you sound utterly ineducable, but let this resonate in your brain pan if it’s still of any use: ASUU is on a national assignment to save the tertiary education sector from an anti-intellectual president.
IamDietiesGod:
Firstly, remove the use of that adverb "likely" that only give probability and not certainty is a lie because they "will" , that certainty, they don't have a choice or an option.

Secondly, the emergency is just a show or play to gallery, the matter has already been decided. Who is deceiving who.

Thirdly, the witholding of salaries during the strike has been a gimmick and an envisaged strategy to bring ASUU on their knees. See how it was listed like it is a kind of gift, blessings, something new or kind of fresh and a favor. Although it can be counted as favor as per they didn't fully worked for it.

Fourthly, how is this deal different from what they have always being PROMISED but always refused.

Fifth, it safe to say they just rubished and wasted the students' time, resources, and mental stability.

Conclusively, as FG run ASUU street, Both ASUU and FG run the students wayo. Which brings me to this question, what is the usefulness of docile and toothless (dog) NANS?.

Lastly, my condolence goes to students and their parents. May ASUU and FG never happened to u guys again.

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by TenQ: 6:29am On Oct 12, 2022
Cmanforall:
ASUU have lost public sympathy

Do Nigerians know these ASUU lecturers are still being paid or will still receive their full salaries even while on strike?

Who would lose in all these?
STUDENTS

If during the strike the lecturers used it to work on and improve on their curriculum, then it may not be total loss for students as they will get updated information
You should speak to the FG who decided to weaponise hunger rather than engage ASUU in meaningful interaction and discussion!
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by IamDietiesGod: 7:26am On Oct 12, 2022
elitper:
Your ignorance is extraordinarily deep, but you cover it with the way you speak with so much assurance. Now, this is the way ASUU runs: the president lacks the power to declare a strike or call it off. Only members do so with their votes from the branch congresses. By the time Ngige dragged the Union to NIC, the outcome and further reactions had been predicted and members were ready to go on till next year. You should be a little intelligent enough that those who did 8months without pay have already adjusted. With the appeal court ruling, the consensus among members is to resume without teaching and wait for proscription of the union. After that, a mass sack of all the members. And that is where the government reaches a dead end. Or do you fancy in your childish brain that you can hire about 30000 academics (with about a third of them professors) as you do political thugs? Well, let me point you to history. Gowon and Babangida tried exactly this and failed. I have decided not to talk about the well-advertised merits of ASUU’s struggle because you sound utterly ineducable, but let this resonate in your brain pan if it’s still of any use: ASUU is on a national assignment to save the tertiary education sector from an anti-intellectual president.

Let me starts by using your nominal against you, "your ignorance is a bliss".

To you dumbo, I don't know anything about ASSU supposed struggle and how they operate?. Why is it that anyone that has a critical view on a topic always accused of siding a particular party.

Ok, where exactly did I say ASSU president won't consult his cohort before before making the final decision.

The reason why I said the "emergency meeting" is like play to the gallery is because I am very certain that members, at least most will vote for the suspension of the strike as the deal given to them is the best they could get from the narcissistic government.

And I also said "emergency meeting" is a play to the gallery because of the way " emergency meeting" is used. It was use like they could eventually decide not to accept the offer if they are not okay with it which I am not seeing happening.

And one thing you should allow to sink in that your dead brain son if it can actually process is that not every lecturers is happy with this strike and not all of them was in support of it when it was declared indefinite and I can tell you for free that not everyone are finding the strike funny if that what you meant by Adjusted.

This is a critical discourse queef, and if you're actually following with an active brain you would know that this government has never said they will probcribe ASSU. All the mention of probcribing ASUU are just propaganda by some people and the media. All the mention of audit not submitted, taking you to court and winning the case consecutively, licensing CONUA are just to spite ASSU to shift ground and wether you admit it or not it actually works.

The fact remains that if and only if the government want to sack academics, which I know the government won't do as they are cunning and smarter than you could ever be, some to say the least won't wait stupidily to be sacked.

While I admit to some extent, the sincerity of ASSU struggle and If actually you are with a functional brain, you will decipher that ASUU is also helping FG in destroying public University education with the incessant strikes even when ASUU knows that FG are not feeling the heat of the strike but still continue. "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein's.

Last and probably not the least to you nitwit is that you should learn how to read with an open mindedness, don't always allow your infatuation for something or someone block your sense of reasoning if actually you have one.

Bring it on.

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Cmanforall: 7:57am On Oct 12, 2022
TenQ:

You should speak to the FG who decided to weaponise hunger rather than engage ASUU in meaningful interaction and discussion!
FG also failed the entire nation including the educational sector
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by TenQ: 8:47am On Oct 12, 2022
Cmanforall:

FG also failed the entire nation including the educational sector
I agree perfectly with you!
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by janvier27(m): 8:49am On Oct 12, 2022
elitper:

Thanks elitper. You need not say more than this.

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by elitper: 9:06am On Oct 12, 2022
What can one do to the arrogant ineducable. I leave you to the convenience of your illusion. For the sake of us who share the same nation with you, may you not give birth to your like. And a quick one: you need a refresher in basic English. It's an ordeal reading through. A clue to why you so much detest education.
IamDietiesGod:

Let me starts by using your nominal against you, your ignorance is a bliss. To you dumbo, I don't know anything about ASSU suppose struggle and how they operate?. Why is it that anyone that has a critical view on a topic always accused of siding a particular party.

Ok, where exactly did I say ASSU president won't consult his cohort before before making the final decision.

The reason why I said the "emergency meeting" is like play to the gallery is because I am very certain that members, at least most will vote for the suspension of the strike as the deal given to them is the best they could get from the narcissistic government.

And I also said "emergency meeting" is a play to the gallery because of the way " emergency meeting" is used. It was use like they could eventually decide not to accept the offer if they are not okay with it which I am not seeing happening.

And one thing you should allow to sink in that your dead brain son if it can actually process is that not every lecturers is happy with this strike and not all of them was in support of it when it was declared indefinite and I can tell you for free that not everyone are finding the strike funny if that you meant by Adjusted.

This is a critical discourse queef, and if you're actually following with an active brain you would know that this government has never said they will probcribe ASSU. All the mentioning of probcribing ASUU are just propaganda by some people and the media. All the mentioning of audit not submitted, taking you to court and winning the case consecutively, licensing CONUA are just to spite ASSU to shift ground and wether you admit it or not it actually works.

The fact remains that if and only if the government want to sack academics, which I know the government won't do as they are cunning and smarter than you could ever be, some to say the least won't wait stupidily to be sacked.

While I admit to some extent, the sincerity of ASSU struggle and If actually you are with a functional brain, you will decipher that ASUU is also helping FG in destroying public University education with the incessant strikes even when ASUU knows that they are not feeling the heat of the strike but still continue. "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein's.

Last and probably not the least to you nitwit is that you should learn how to read with an open mindedness, don't always allow your infatuation for something or someone block your sense of reasoning if actually you have one.

Bring it on.

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by IamDietiesGod: 9:36am On Oct 12, 2022
elitper:
What can one do to the arrogant ineducable. I leave you to the convenience of your illusion. For the sake of us who share the same nation with you, may you not give birth to your like. And a quick one: you need a refresher in basic English. It's an ordeal reading through. A clue to why you so much detest education.

Says a dogmatic blockhead that does not even know the significance of a paragraph in a write-up or a written text. ( I should have known that some linguistics term and lexicon mentioned would have been too advance for your dead brain to grasp lol).

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool" William Shakespeare.

First of all, compare your write-up with mine, compare it from two perspectives, grammatical and synthatical. Even though I wrote mine without proof-reading, I will still beat your ass.

cheesy See the nitwit who wants to guide me on English usage. Why don't you teach yourself first. But I doubt that though, you cannot give what you don't have.

I am still smarter than you even when it comes to use of English dumbo.

Ignorance is truly a bliss. Olodo.

This is my last response to you queef.

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Stargurl20(f): 9:56am On Oct 12, 2022
OgbeniOja1:
Who said?? We are getting our salary arrears plus increment. Strike is the only thing govt listens to.
And you claimed to be working for students. Bunch of wicked beings. Una go purge that salaries. Thieves

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Stargurl20(f): 10:01am On Oct 12, 2022
Bambita:
I don't even know whether I should be happy or sad.. I m just indifferent about this news.. I am scared of resuming because of how inconsiderate and wicked my lecturers are. I m heavily pregnant and I know the pressure will be much on me. When I was ready they didn't call off the strike. So many questions lurking in my mind, I just got a new job in another state.. how do I navigate all these with my condition and my toddler.. God.. cry cry
I pray the lord ease your affairs
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Ximenez(m): 10:48am On Oct 12, 2022
Uh
elitper:
Is ASUU a cult group that 100% of the lecturers will agree not to teach and just wait for sack letters?

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Bambita: 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2022
Stargurl20:

I pray the lord ease your affairs
Amen .. thank you
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by GeneralBuhari: 2:46pm On Oct 12, 2022
Stargurl20:
And you claimed to be working for students. Bunch of wicked beings. Una go purge that salaries. Thieves

They are nothing but shameless capital thieves.

There is no much difference between them and bandits who kidnap people, hold them hostage and then ask for ransom.
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Asuumadness: 9:21pm On Oct 12, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
So FG wan pay dem 8months salary?

N rubbish aswearugud
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by IamDietiesGod: 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ximenez:
Uh
Is ASUU a cult group that 100% of the lecturers will agree not to teach and just wait for sack letters?
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by IamDietiesGod: 7:52am On Oct 15, 2022
Happy resumption to all Nigeria students, precisely those in Public universities. I wish you guys Success.
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by IamDietiesGod: 7:52am On Oct 15, 2022
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by ivandrag0n: 6:20pm On Oct 20, 2022
osazsky:
if they dont pay assu are they going to give u the money cuz it has already been budgeted for since oct last year..lesser guns and thugs during this election as assu don collect everything..next time apc will learn to be proactive waiting bubu want take campaign for tinubu now? I feel for d afonja republic nation

Shame on you! Shows your intellectual depth that you can neither construct a proper sentence nor make comments without resorting to ethnic insult. What a waste of space you are. Indeed, ASUU has wrecked your life, because the lack of proper education shoots out with your every statement.

Kwara State Polytechnic Result Now Out / 2021 UTME: JAMB Announces Registration Date, Makes NIN Compulsory / 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition