Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Yahoozey Dance In The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yahoozey Dance In The Church (2406 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Pastor Oritsejafor And Wife Dance In The Holyghost To Mark His Birthday / Is TWERKING A Good Dance In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoozey Dance In The Church by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 21, 2007
On sunday when i went to church for service the next thing the drummer just start drumming,and keyboardist start playing Yahoozey, tune,the next thing i saw was my pastor dancing yahoozey even the wife, is this worldly or just normal life
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by favourite(f): 10:08am On Aug 21, 2007
whats the type you dance in the church. Are you there to listen to the word to to look for who to condem. why didnt you ask them if their dance is worldly or normal life. remove the blog from your eyes first. Accusser of brethren
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by cgift(m): 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2007
what kind of dance steps are wordly? The only solution to avoiding dancing (which comes along wth all styles) is to cancel drumming altogther so that we all clap. No dance step is wordly. Dance anyhow to reflect your joy b4 God
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by tpia: 5:12pm On Aug 22, 2007
what does yahoozy mean?
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by cgift(m): 11:59am On Aug 23, 2007
tpia:

what does yahoozy mean?

This is another lost Nigerian in the diaspora (no harm intended). It is a new dance step as the thread suggest which was tied to or derived from the latest song of Olu Maintain (Remember the Maintain Group if you hav ever lived i 9ja ?).
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by tpia: 4:15am On Aug 24, 2007
cgift:

This is another lost Nigerian in the diaspora (no harm intended). It is a new dance step as the thread suggest which was tied to or derived from the latest song of Olu Maintain (Remember the Maintain Group if you hav ever lived i Nigeria ?).

so is yahoozey a Nigerian word?  since you're the expert on what is Nigerian.

You are yourself wandering in the desert, if you think someone is lost for not knowing what yahoozy means.

and no, I dont know anything about the Maintain group. Nor do i want to.
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by alphaomega(m): 8:51am On Aug 24, 2007
jayon:

On sunday when i went to church for service the next thing the drummer just start drumming,and keyboardist start playing Yahoozey, tune,the next thing i saw was my pastor dancing yahoozey even the wife, is this worldly or just normal life

just wondering jayon, when u heard the yahoozee beat and stuff in church, what type of dance did u danced to it? smiley grin wink
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by cgift(m): 3:30pm On Aug 24, 2007
tpia :

You are yourself wandering in the desert, if you think someone is lost for not knowing what yahoozy means.

and no, I don't know anything about the Maintain group. Nor do i want to.

No vex now. Your blood dey hot o. Calm down. Oya sorry.

See this link to se the dance steps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIMZjYBGRYs
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by cgift(m): 3:38pm On Aug 24, 2007
see how they move their hands and shake thir heads. That's yahoozee! Just another step the way Makossa took its turn.
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by tpia: 11:40pm On Aug 24, 2007
cgift:

No vex now. Your blood dey hot o. Calm down. Oya sorry.

See this link to se the dance steps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIMZjYBGRYs

hey, we're cool.

i just don't see why you must preface your comments with insults.   

Do you have any observations about your own self at all?

but thanks for the link. Yeah, the hand movements might come across as a little strange.

I was expecting something like krumping.

I'm not sure how it would look in a church setting. Might be a little weird until people get used to it, i guess.
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by cgift(m): 9:45am On Aug 27, 2007
tpia:

I'm not sure how it would look in a church setting. Might be a little weird until people get used to it, i guess.

Did you say used to it? You woyld have come to witness plenty of it yesterday during service especially amongst th youths. We had our Youth Annivrsary yestrday.
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by bigfred(m): 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2007
jayon:

What is dance? answer this question then you get the answer.
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by cgift(m): 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2007
bigfred:

What is dance? answer this question then you get the answer.

Now thats another perspectiv entirely. Lets take it frm there.
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by Backslider(m): 3:28pm On Aug 28, 2007
@bigfred
Answer:

Dance is a form of arousing or carousing for sex. The deep dancers know this.
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by cgift(m): 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2007
Backslider:

@bigfred
Answer:

i want to belive when you go to church (that is even if u go) you just stand still because if yu clap hands, you will still move your body unconciously in a form of dance. While shaking ur body, are you arousing or calling for sex?
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by Backslider(m): 7:02pm On Aug 28, 2007
Move your body left and right I like the Hymns it is higher than all this rubbish FUJI MUSIC
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by tpia: 10:18pm On Aug 28, 2007
Backslider:

@bigfred
Answer:

there are different kinds of dance.

Dancing can be for fun, pleasure or exercise as well.
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by Backslider(m): 2:50pm On Aug 30, 2007
If we were grafted of somewhere! That is why we are called a Royal priesthood.

Leviticus 16
spells out in pretty comprehensive detail what the High Priest was to do in the Holy Of holies, there is no mention of dancing being part of the ritual.

There is no evidence that there was dancing in the Holy of Holies. On the whole it is unlikely that there was, because the High Priest entered only once a year, on Yom Kippur, to perform the ritual laid down in Lev 16, which makes no mention of dancing. Furthermore, the High Priest went in alone; therefore, no musicians. But dancing isn’t really the best mode of expressing atonement, anyway, and Yom Kippur is about atonement

Finally, it’s worth remembering out that Jewish synagogue worship to this day features regular chanting and swaying, sometimes involving a trance-like state. This is particularly true of Orthodox Judaism. A faithful Jew, even when discussing the faith, will often begin to sway back and forth, out of habit. You have probably seen something like this in television footage of people praying at the Western Wall in Jerusalem, but I have seen a much more “full-body” version in synagogue services. I have no idea whether this goes all the way back to Temple Judaism, or even precedes it, but I certainly see no reason to assume that it doesn’t.
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by bigfred(m): 3:31pm On Aug 30, 2007
tpia:

there are different kinds of dance.

Dancing can be for fun, pleasure or exercise as well.

Wrong answer!

Dance is the movement of the body to a particular rythm

Backslider:

If we were grafted of somewhere! That is why we are called a Royal priesthood.

Leviticus 16
spells out in pretty comprehensive detail what the High Priest was to do in the Holy Of holies, there is no mention of dancing being part of the ritual.

There is no evidence that there was dancing in the Holy of Holies. On the whole it is unlikely that there was, because the High Priest entered only once a year, on Yom Kippur, to perform the ritual laid down in Lev 16, which makes no mention of dancing. Furthermore, the High Priest went in alone; therefore, no musicians. But dancing isn’t really the best mode of expressing atonement, anyway, and Yom Kippur is about atonement

Finally, it’s worth remembering out that Jewish synagogue worship to this day features regular chanting and swaying, sometimes involving a trance-like state. This is particularly true of Orthodox Judaism. A faithful Jew, even when discussing the faith, will often begin to sway back and forth, out of habit. You have probably seen something like this in television footage of people praying at the Western Wall in Jerusalem, but I have seen a much more “full-body” version in synagogue services. I have no idea whether this goes all the way back to Temple Judaism, or even precedes it, but I certainly see no reason to assume that it doesn’t.

The spirit of God was upon David that he danced! danced!! danced!!! till his sket almost fell-off. O!o! i just looked at your name, "Backslider", let me not go further you will not understand till you stop backsliding.
Look at you still talking about holy of holies when we are now living under grace through Jesus Christ.
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by Backslider(m): 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2007
Bigfred

Please what type of dance did David dance please quote the place.

If you want to know how the Jews dance Go to the Jews Synagogue. I have already Mentioned that they SWAY. If God is a god of confusion then if all of us in Church most dance there must be not format to dance.

Do you know how many Dance are in the world?

We don't have dance for Christianity.

But please let me state this does not Imply we are followers of him.
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by cgift(m): 4:28pm On Aug 30, 2007
2 Samuel 6:14 And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

It represents humility. It honours God. It is a wapon. It is spiritual. Why do you think Michal was cursed when she despised David when he danced? My brother, it is spiritual and never you despise people dancing in the presence of God bacause you will be doing exactly what Michal did that attracted a curse upon her.

Dancing is a medium of expression of joy. When the bible say be sober, it does not mean you should live a without the even the slightest fun! Such a boring life. God is happy when you dance. Go and check the ancient traditions, and you would how God delighted so much in the dance of the Isrealites. The scripture is replete with such.

Swaying left to right and vice versa is even a kind of dance. Not to dance at all is to sit down uptight, no swaying while singing and be clapping. I cant even even desribe the atmosphere.

So be very careful because u might think you are knowledgeable only for you to be despising God ignorantly.
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by bigfred(m): 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2007
Cgift
thank you so much,i will give him more proofs of dancing in the bible,but i think we should first try to convince him to stop being a bacsklider before he will understand that God appreciate dancing to the Glory of his(God)name.
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by Backslider(m): 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2007
My brother CGift

I am not happy doing this but I have to do it.

If Swaying is your Modern day dance then please tell me what would i be bordered about?

It is because the spirit has left the Church that is why other activities have come in. We select an choose what we want from the OLD TESTAMENT.

@bigfred

DAVID DANCED NAKED WHERE? IS IT ELECTRIC DANCE?

ANYWAY I WILL BE BACK IN 20mins
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by cgift(m): 5:18pm On Aug 30, 2007
Still waiting for you my brada!
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by Backslider(m): 5:27pm On Aug 30, 2007
yeah i am back.

and I say you cant have all the dance in the world in a church!

Which type will you pick ?

Jews I told you Swayed if you look at the wailing wall you will see what I am saying.
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by bigfred(m): 5:33pm On Aug 30, 2007
@backslider
Read 2 Samuel 6:14
and pray for God to forgive you, remember michal
you will read about her in the same place ok?
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by Backslider(m): 5:48pm On Aug 30, 2007
@big fred

I like when we bring out our sword we only sharpen it for use on Satan.

2 Samuel 6
13And it was so, that when they that bare the ark of the LORD had gone six paces, he sacrificed oxen and fatlings.

14And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

15So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet.

16And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart.

Notice that it was after a deed that he danced BEFORE THE LORD. It even described how he danced.

Your MODERN DAY DANCE IS NOT ANYWHERE WHAT WE HAVE NOW.
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by oyie(f): 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2007
Backslider:

My brother CGift

I am not happy doing this but I have to do it.

If Swaying is your Modern day dance then please tell me what would i be bordered about?

It is because the spirit has left the Church that is why other activities have come in. We select an choose what we want from the OLD TESTAMENT.

@bigfred

DAVID DANCED NAKED WHERE? IS IT ELECTRIC DANCE?

ANYWAY I WILL BE BACK IN 20mins

grin grin electric dance?cool
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by bigfred(m): 9:51am On Aug 31, 2007
Backslider:

@big fred

I like when we bring out our sword we only sharpen it for use on Satan.

2 Samuel 6
13And it was so, that when they that bare the ark of the LORD had gone six paces, he sacrificed oxen and fatlings.

14And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

15So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet.

16And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart.

Notice that it was after a deed that he danced BEFORE THE LORD. It even described how he danced.

Your MODERN DAY DANCE IS NOT ANYWHERE WHAT WE HAVE NOW.

If you can read all you have quoted and still does not understand that simple english and still kick against dancing before the lord,(what has God not done for you?) then your case is worst than Michal, Saul's daughter,and i hope you read what happened to her,if you are not careful, then its a pity!
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by Backslider(m): 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2007
@Bigfred

You have said nothing my Brother. Others have thrown harder stones at me you are not the 1st and will not be the last.

If you prove to me I will withdraw.

If I quote the Scripture I may only harden your heart anyway this is not important.

If Dancing was that important Why did not Jesus Expound It?
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by cgift(m): 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2007
You do not wait for Jesus to waste his time on something that had been settled. Did Jesus expond that we should read the bible? So why do you read the bible if it did not come categorically from Jesus for you to do?

Again,

2 Samuel 6:14 And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

It represents humility. It honours God. It is a wapon. It is spiritual. Why do you think Michal was cursed when she despised David when he danced? My brother, it is spiritual and never you despise people dancing in the presence of God bacause you will be doing exactly what Michal did that attracted a curse upon her.

Dancing is a medium of expression of joy. Of cours, you are missing something (both physically [/b]as an [b]exercise [/b]which profits the body as well as [b]spiritually [/b]since it is a form of demonstrating [b]humility) by not dancing
Re: Yahoozey Dance In The Church by Backslider(m): 3:04pm On Aug 31, 2007
I did not say you cannot Dance!!!!!!!

But the Dance of the day that we see is not what David did. The Jews Sway that is how they Dance!

If you go to the eastern Religion it is different.

The Worship of Baal is characterized by DRUMMING DANCING AND THE PRIEST HAVING SEX AND THE THROWING OF THE BABY INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE FIRE ALSO IN MOLOCH or MELECH WORSHIP.

THE TRINITY OF THE DEMONIC WORSHIP

ASHTEROTH: THE WORSHIP OF A WOMAN
BAAL: THE WORSHIP MATERIAL AUTHORITY
MOLOCH: WORSHIP OF POSITION AND POWER

The CHILDREN OF ISREAL WORSHIPPED WITH GREAT SOLEMNITY . EVEN WHEN THEY CALL THE ONE OF GODS NAME CALLED THE tetragrammeton they had to Whisper it.

The worship of GOD is in Silence and Sobriety.

(1) (2) (Reply)

To All My Christian Friends... / REVEALED: Popular Celebrities Who Dont Believe In The Existence Of God (PHOTOS) / Help! The Biggest Christian City In Iraq is Under Serious Persecution!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.