Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,489 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

ASUU Must Compensate Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Must Compensate Students (789 Views)

ASUU Must Compensate Students For Wasted Time - Minister Of Education / Defying Hunger: ASUU Must Stay Strong Till The End! / ASUU Must Henceforth Consult Us Before Embarking On Strike — NANS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Must Compensate Students by Ahmed2407: 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2022
If FG must pay lecturers 8 months salaries without lecturing student then ASUU must compensate students with free 30 or 50 marks for all first or second semester courses

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by budaatum: 2:38pm On Oct 13, 2022
I think students should ask government to compensate them, because free marks don't mean you learnt anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by Ahmed2407: 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2022
budaatum:
I think students should ask government to compensate them, because free marks don't mean you learnt anything.
But free marks mean to put smile on students just like 8 months salaries without work put smile on lecturers face, As for FG should compensate students with free tuition fees

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by budaatum: 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ahmed2407:
But free marks mean to put smile on students just like 8 months salaries without work put smile on lecturers face, As for FG should compensate students with free tuition fees

Free marks devalue your education! It shows future employers you never learnt what you got the marks for, and smart employers would not employ you if they know your marks were given to you for free!

But if you insist, we should just give you free marks for the entire year and promote you to the next year. Good luck getting a job with it though.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by Holybaddo: 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2022
Will Sue them if they don't cool
Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by EHustleTv: 4:21pm On Oct 13, 2022
budaatum:

Free marks devalue your education! It shows future employers you never learnt what you got the marks for, and smart employers would not employ you if they know your marks were given to you for free!

But if you insist, we should just give you free marks for the entire year and promote you to the next year. Good luck getting a job with it though.
We still want the free marks though grin ...
This life na jeje abeg.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by bluefilm: 4:26pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ahmed2407:
If FG must pay lecturers 8 months salaries without lecturing student then ASUU must compensate students with free 30 or 50 marks for all first or second semester courses

And you call that compensation?

Shame on you.
Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by Faith4561: 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2022
Government should show they care to students. By the way, please check out this video on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAIlp99i_Fc
Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by budaatum: 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2022
EHustleTv:

We still want the free marks though grin ...
This life na jeje abeg.

Of course you'd want the free marks. You are after all taught that working for your daily bread is a curse rather than a fact until you one day starve because you sowed not so reap not.

Good luck with your jeje life. May you never lack.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by JJuanMiguel: 5:01pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ahmed2407:
Nobody is paying them 8 months salary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by Machalla(m): 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ahmed2407:
if u had said they be compensated with money/foodstuffs they would need in school it would had been better.
Free mark mean they won't learn anything and the primary aim is for students to learn and pass exams

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by Graceunlimitedd(m): 6:52pm On Oct 13, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Nobody is paying them 8 months salary
you sure say You Dey follow update?
Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by JJuanMiguel: 7:03pm On Oct 13, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
you sure say You Dey follow update?
Gbajabiamila made a plea on that to Buhari, Buhari hasn't changed his mind yet, he was the one that gave the order of the no work no pay, he said it then that it will serve as a punishment to the lecturers for their unnecessary action. He's a renowned stubborn man.

Go around the net, you'll still see some hungry and disgruntled lecturers crying about it and against suspending the strike despite many branches voting for suspension of the strike
One lecturer said he will resume but won't teach till he gets paid.

The deadline the appellate court gave ASUU to suspend the strike to be able to file an appeal will also elapse tomorrow.

I think Buhari is just watching ASUU from afar, if they suspend the strike, then he might pay them for some months.
If they refuse to suspend the strike, then the judicial and federal might will descend on ASUU that's after they might have lost the sympathy of many more people from the public.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by Graceunlimitedd(m): 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Gbajabiamila made a plea on that to Buhari, Buhari hasn't changed his mind yet, he was the one that gave the order of the no work no pay, he said it then that it will serve as a punishment to the lecturers for their unnecessary action. He's a renowned stubborn man.

Go around the net, you'll still see some hungry and disgruntled lecturers crying about it and against suspending the strike despite many branches voting for suspension of the strike
One lecturer said he will resume but won't teach till he gets paid.

The deadline the appellate court gave ASUU to suspend the strike to be able to file an appeal will also elapse tomorrow.

I think Buhari is just watching ASUU from afar, if they suspend the strike, then he might pay them for some months.
If they refuse to suspend the strike, then the judicial and federal might will descend on ASUU that's after they might have lost the sympathy of many more people from the public.

thank you very much brother.
i now understand vividly.
news were already flying round that ASUU has called off strike as FG has paid 8 months salary today, one lecturers even went to the bank with Ghana must go bag
Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by JJuanMiguel: 7:28pm On Oct 13, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
thank you very much brother.
i now understand vividly.
news were already flying round that ASUU has called off strike as FG has paid 8 months salary today, one lecturers even went to the bank with Ghana must go bag
That person or lecturer is just a comedian.
The NEC meeting is this night, from 7pm
Those ASUU excos will have opportunity to frolick with Abuja runs babes after the meeting, with the union's money that's why they put it in the night.

There major concern should be about the 7 days window given to them by the appeal court to obey the NICN ruling before being eligible to file an appeal.
It will expire tomorrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by EHustleTv: 8:33pm On Oct 13, 2022
budaatum:

Of course you'd want the free marks. You are after all taught that working for your daily bread is a curse rather than a fact until you one day starve because you sowed not so reap not.

Good luck with your jeje life. May you never lack.
Lol,I work for daily bread literally everyday!!
U think Seh na school go teach u hw to make money?.
Life na jeje!! You get Straight A's No mean seh sapa no go still grab u!!

Steady on my grind !! I hustle I get paid !!
And if I have a chance to get free marks .. I go still grab am!! I no be mumu ,life na jeje!! Believe it or not!!
Yoruba adage : kirakita ko'di Ola eni to ba ja Lon ja wo..
Your opinion is valid!! though!but if I see opportunity to get free I go still grab am!!
"Overwise can be foolish "

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by budaatum: 9:08pm On Oct 13, 2022
EHustleTv:

Lol,I work for daily bread literally everyday!!
U think Seh na school go teach u hw to make money?.
Life na jeje!! You get Straight A's No mean seh sapa no go still grab u!!

Steady on my grind !! I hustle I get paid !!
And if I have a chance to get free marks .. I go still grab am!! I no be mumu ,life na jeje!! Believe it or not!!
Yoruba adage : kirakita ko'di Ola eni to ba ja Lon ja wo..
Your opinion is valid!! though!but if I see opportunity to get free I go still grab am!!
"Overwise can be foolish "

School is not meant to teach you how to make money. School is simply meant to teach you how to develop and use your mind to get what you want in life, and giving you free marks that you haven't earned is contrary to school's purpose.

Many do think like you though, and would buy a result or pay someone to get the grades for them. Unfortunately, on hiring such people, we tend to find how useless they and the grades they bought are pretty much worthless, so we pay them a mere 30k if we hire them at all, because they really are worth a lot less but we can't not pay them transport money.

Thankfully, we do find a few who did bother to develop their minds in school, and those few we gladly pay 300k a month to manage you 30k earners.
Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by WhizdomXX(m): 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2022
30 marks added for first semester and second semester results, seconded.
Re: ASUU Must Compensate Students by EHustleTv: 5:44am On Oct 14, 2022
budaatum:

School is not meant to teach you how to make money. School is simply meant to teach you how to develop and use your mind to get what you want in life, and giving you free marks that you haven't earned is contrary to school's purpose.

Many do think like you though, and would buy a result or pay someone to get the grades for them. Unfortunately, on hiring such people, we tend to find how useless they and the grades they bought are pretty much worthless, so we pay them a mere 30k if we hire them at all, because they really are worth a lot less but we can't not pay them transport money.

Thankfully, we do find a few who did bother to develop their minds in school, and those few we gladly pay 300k a month to manage you 30k earners.
sorry I was busy so I didn't reply sooner, but why you deh shift the Goal post na !! grin ofcus is not meant to teach how to make money!! but where you not the one talking about how those who got free marks will not be able to provide their daily bread? I knw pple who are making millions per month!! The funny parts some of them are still students!!and are very sound! I have another frnd who is a badass developer but he's not even a student in any university!! Oga na who work go chop!! U'all think life is just black(bad) and White (good)!! But in reality life is actually in shades of grey(good and bad works handin hand) sometimes it's Good to be Good and sometimes it's can be very bad!!

I HAVE ALSO SEEN A GRADUATE WHO CANNOT FEED HIMSELF ! (FACT)

My point is never throw away any chance that will favour !!you.
hardwork na the Koko!! Whether u'ar in school or not !!

But If you fail exam bcaus u no want free marks!! Na your biz but you be mumu!! Lol in this Nigeria!! I can't Even relate the situation to intelligence and sharp mind!! It's just dumb!

Like I said b4, sometimes, overwise na foolishness. If you sharp u no go deh earn 30k for this economy!! If you know school is not for you , do other buz, you can even kick start a career Sooner ,Than graduating only to earn 100k per month in this economy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Check Your 2024 JAMB Exam Centre, Date, And Time Online / I Have A Problem On Pce Registration Process / Lautech Post Ume 2007/2008 Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.