Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,967 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

How Do I Develop A Forum Like Nairaland? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Develop A Forum Like Nairaland? (1962 Views)

How Can I Develop An SMS Site / How To Develop A Forum Like Nairaland In Asp.net / How Do I Create A Forum On My Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Develop A Forum Like Nairaland? by Euclid(m): 11:28am On Aug 21, 2007
Hi All,

I've realised the enormous power of social networking on the Internet and i was wondering how one could create a forum as good as nairaland? Can you geeks out there assist a fellow geek in this endeavour as i have a social networking idea that i reckon could become popular amongst us young Nigerians, Obviously not as innovative as nairaland but close, :-)

Please assist as i'm in a limbo and do not know where to start off!!

undecided

Cheers

Euclidian Logick is incandescent!!

Re: How Do I Develop A Forum Like Nairaland? by smartsoft(m): 12:06pm On Aug 21, 2007
Tundewoods the cost will be high dude what they can only give is to customized the site for you and i don't think they will even give your there members.

@Eucild : What i think you should do is to get a domain name for your forum and a hosting for it,  then in your control panel we have same forum as nairaland in the same panel just install and customize to suite your needs.if you need any help just let me know i will be willing to help out. if you need a hosting and a domain just mail uchedealsreal@gmail.com or admin@mysmarthosting.net  and i could help you out to customized your forum.

No need downloading any simplemachine, it's already on Cpanel hosting features.
Re: How Do I Develop A Forum Like Nairaland? by Euclid(m): 3:44pm On Aug 21, 2007
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the tips, However Mr Woods i'm sure you know the listed price of Myspace and Hi5 on teh FTSE 100 and Dow Jones at the mo, besides prices are falling on the stock exchange and one day i may just be able o afford a management buy out {MBO of those sites}

What i require however is a Social networking site that targets Young Nigerians exclusively, The organisation in question was created specifically for the serious minded ones amongst us i.e. The leaders of a new generation,

Mr Smart, i really appreciate your proposal to assist, the site is www.nylsecretariat.co.uk/forum/ however all i seem to be getting is strange bots and nonsensical users that just wanna sell and advertise their wares, I need the real deal,

Please check it out and tell me what i'm doing wrong as i've already configured according to our organisational requirements, now all i need is the economies of scale to justify our work and gurantee hits on the pages,

This is my dilemma any more suggestions?

Euclidian Geometrie is Arcane!!

Re: How Do I Develop A Forum Like Nairaland? by Euclid(m): 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2007
Hey Guys,

If you are true wizzes regarding web site design and flash, i run a little outsourcing outfit where we source web design jobs here in the UK for designers in NIGERIA to design, If you are both in Niger i could drop some jobs your way? If you are up for it please let me know, you can reach me on president@nylsecretariat.co.uk

Hope to hear from you guys soon,

Cheers,

This is the whole point of the organisation, exploiting sysnergies amongst young talented Nigerians and showcasing it to the world at large!!

Euclidian Phylosophie is Clandestine!!

Re: How Do I Develop A Forum Like Nairaland? by auwal87(m): 8:20pm On Aug 24, 2007
If you want to start your own Forum, you have to get a nice name for it, and do some website marketing like google adwords, and up you go, im also working on my new forum WAZOBIYA.COM, Launching Soon! You can get in touch with if u want on 08030645989 on ideas,

(1) (Reply)

Lovingdomains.com Is Shutting Down / Gtbank Website Hacked / Wapka- Request Any Wml/html Code Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.